These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Little Things - Jayne's List

First post
Author
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#21 - 2015-09-01 16:34:06 UTC
I point to my signature. That's all I say for now.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#22 - 2015-09-01 16:45:31 UTC
Tax on refining arrays

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#23 - 2015-09-01 17:02:44 UTC
reducing the amount of wars back down too a normal level like 3 or 4 , merc contract marketplace that never got done would be nice, maybe not all little things as such but hardly big either so..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Elnia Arthie
Little Red Riding Hole
#24 - 2015-09-01 17:18:29 UTC
Focus camera should work for probe scanner entries / annomolies as it does for overview entries
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-09-01 17:45:26 UTC
And holy **** batman, where are my brain cells today:

ALLIANCE BOOKMARKS
Drummin Zerglin
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#26 - 2015-09-01 17:52:42 UTC
Having the option to separate your overview into multiple windows.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-09-01 18:33:50 UTC
1) Ability to show a cycle/reload timer over modules... Optional setting in the hud.

2) Hard % read outs for target HP, exactly like the optional hud % Hp read display.

3) Ungrouped salvage drones will prioritize independent targets, as opposed to always going to the nearest target.

4) TCUs prioritize the furthest wreck/container, as opposed to the nearest, thus allowing for the use of multiple TCUs for those willing to give hold to carry 2.

5) If you have colors set for fleet broadcasts, persons on watchlist will be highlighted in related color.

6) Leave fleet button on fleet window.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#28 - 2015-09-01 18:35:37 UTC
Mt top priority is to dissolve the CSM, thanks passing along my dream to CCP.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Annette Nolen
Perkone
Caldari State
#29 - 2015-09-01 18:37:30 UTC
Everything from this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4455996#post4455996

(Well actually probably everything from that whole thread... or even just an update on if CCP remembers that thread? :)
xttz
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2015-09-01 18:43:02 UTC
Wrecks should have HP based on the dead thing they're from:

Frigates: 500hp
Cruisers: 5k
BS: 50k
Capitals: 500k

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2015-09-01 19:21:30 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Mt top priority is to dissolve the CSM, thanks passing along my dream to CCP.

they try at the summit but it seems we do not dissolve in volcanic waters nor alcohol, other solvents will be tried.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Numitor Eto
Black Omega Security
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#32 - 2015-09-01 21:04:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Numitor Eto
Gameplay

1) Prohibit unplugging or pluggin in implants in space.

2) Make ships with warp core stabilizers fitted unable to affect timers and gain loyalty points in FW plexes.

Not quite sure what you meant by no "UI fixes", but I think the following suggestions fit your list's pattern.

UI

3) Introduce a quick buy button for complete fits in the fitting window, that picks up the lowest sell orders in your current station for each item, similar to selling multiple items at once.

4) Let us rearrange chat tabs in a chat window by dragging them along the window's top bar like in a browser without having to drag every single one of them out of the window. And create a slider in the chat window or turn its top bar into one so people with alot of open chats don't have to click themselves through the awkward drop-down.

5) Add EFT's "open market group" option to the ingame-market with a "compare" button at the bottom.

6) Add an option for changing ammo types in the fitting window, selecting from the ship's cargo.

7) Add Google's exact match search operator to the asset list (see Crow and Microwarpdrive).

8) Add checkboxes to the market quickbar to enable us to select which folders/fits we want to delete instead of having to either delete all of them or painstakingly deleting every single one with 2-3 clicks. Also give us a show/hide-option for the checkboxes.

9) Decrease the minimum width for DScan-, Probe scanner-, and fleet-windows, scaling buttons and slider.

10) In the FW overview window, give us the option to switch between Caldari/Gallente and Amarr/Minmatar.
Areen Sassel
Dirac Angestun Gesept
#33 - 2015-09-01 22:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Areen Sassel
These are not bugs or UI fixes but also not small mechanics changes, so I have no idea if you will want to pick them up.

1. CSM seem to have, and I do apologise if I have missed something in recent minutes, dropped the ball on the silly EULA impersonation clause. It would be nice to see it reverted back to the situation where you can't impersonate CCP and you can't call yourself Chr1bba, but you can tell people you are whoever you like and caveat emptor.

2. Clause 6.A.6 of the EULA:
  3. "You may not engage in any conduct that results in an Account containing items, objects, currency, character attributes, rank, or status that are inappropriate for the level or rank of the character contained in the Account, including without limitation arranging, making or accepting transfers of items to a character without adequate consideration, thereby augmenting or aggregating items in an Account and increasing its value for an Account sale."

That doesn't even seem to be about EVE; I don't have a "level" or "rank", let alone any idea of what would be inappropriate for my level or rank - and account sales are already forbidden. It would be nice to get what appears to be a piece of standard MMO boilerplate replaced with whatever it's meant to mean.

4. I know you may not want to touch this one at all, but I felt - with regards to recent history - that CCP involving themselves with in-game bans for out-of-game activities was a terrible precedent to set. In particular the implication - that if A can make enough bad PR for EVE about B's out-of-game activities, A can get B banned - sets up a very unfortunate incentive to do just that.

I put you high on the list last time, but I would say that, wouldn't I?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#34 - 2015-09-01 22:46:29 UTC
The new explosions demo'd @ FanFest.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#35 - 2015-09-02 00:55:44 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Overheating state remembered between jumps OR be able to overheat under cloak. Whichever is mechanically easier.

Yes and to overheat individual mods it would be very nice if the button was a bit bigger.

OP thanks for doing this.

I especially like extra tabs. I would also like to set up my overview while docked.

Not sure about 8 though. Would everyone train as if all atributes were maxed out? I'm Not sure I like that idea. If we take it to the logical extreme - if we are constantly just letting people train faster then why have skills at all?

I'm not sure I understand 11.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-09-02 03:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
afkalt wrote:
Overheating state remembered between jumps OR be able to overheat under cloak. Whichever is mechanically easier.

We need to be able to make a lot more internal decisions under cloak. One should be able to preset overheat, set modules to auto-activate as soon as cloak drops, change ammo or scripts, move cargo between bays. All of that should be doable while cloaked or during gate cloak. Maybe some of it is already doable, but I'm pretty sure most of it isn't and all of it should be.

On the other hand, I'm on the fence about being able to d-scan while cloaked. Of course from a lore standpoint we don't have the technology to allow cloaked vessels to receive passive scan data as far as I'm aware, furthermore even from a game balance perspective it kind of makes sense that being invisible makes you a little bit blind. I'm not saying we should definitely remove this ability, only that we should consider it.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-09-02 03:53:11 UTC
Numitor Eto wrote:
1) Prohibit unplugging or pluggin in implants in space.

I disagree for two reasons:
1.) denying opponents kill value is part of the dynamic nature of warfare in EVE
2.) similar to why we shouldn't remove margin trading because of the margin trading scam: it's a mechanic used for other purposes. Sometimes a pilot is stuck away from stations and wants to change implants. No reason to make that harder for them.
I might agree to a change to make implant removal take time, but I'd say ultimately you should kill them fast enough that they can't do that. Also, players should be able to change implants while cloaked.

Numitor Eto wrote:
2) Make ships with warp core stabilizers fitted unable to affect timers and gain loyalty points in FW plexes.

No reason to make contrived gameplay functions to deny people opportunities because they have a specific fit. If the fitted module is overperforming in an area, then change that area. For instance, a better change would be:
1.) make FW hubs have rats that kite at long range
2.) put in rats that sporadically use ECM jammers, making you have to re-target every now and then
3.) more rats with light sensor dampening, just enough to screw up stabbed ships
Those changes allow stabbed ships to continue farming, but adjust the ISK payouts against them.

Numitor Eto wrote:
10) In the FW overview window, give us the option to switch between Caldari/Gallente Amarr/Minmatar.

This should have happened a long time ago.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#38 - 2015-09-02 04:07:47 UTC
Right click stack of ships
-Select 'fit ships'
-->Choose from Drop down menu of saved fittings for said ship.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Vic Jefferson
ElitistOps
WE FORM V0LTA
#39 - 2015-09-02 08:26:10 UTC
Buy all command from saved fits. The sell all command is fantastic - I would presume they would work very similarly and tell you if items are not available in the current station, and what the unit cost is per total ship, and/or which items you are being overcharged for.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#40 - 2015-09-02 09:12:29 UTC
Ships logged off in space show up on combat scans. You can't scan them down, just something like 6 ships out of range.. or something.

For one of the above posters, you can set up your overview while docked. Just set the hotkey for overview settings.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.