These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dumbest things you've done in EVE?

Author
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#81 - 2015-09-01 11:25:36 UTC
Accidentally off-lining a fully operational POS tower instead of the one module I wanted to off-line.

In W-Space.

With hostiles in system.....Oops

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Anthar Thebess
#82 - 2015-09-01 12:33:53 UTC
"I will just make 1 alt account"
Max Caulfield
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2015-09-01 16:15:10 UTC
Odie McCracken wrote:
Play too much solo.

Underrated post.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2015-09-01 20:09:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Celthric Kanerian
Bought about couple thousands of t1 ammo crystals, travelled 3 jumps until I remembered being wardecced.
Toriessian
Moscato Mania
#85 - 2015-09-01 21:08:13 UTC
Podded myself to get to a staging system. Forgot to upgrade clone
Began training jump cal V for a second time Lol

Every day I'm wafflin!

Cien Banchiere
Extrinsic Arcadia Distribution
#86 - 2015-09-01 21:13:58 UTC
Several.

The one that sticks out in my mind though is, when trying to leave Tenerifis after my corp was kicked from Kadeshi for low numbers during primetime, I was in a rush and hauled all my stuff that was shipped to a low-sec staging area in a t1 hauler through low-sec to the nearest high-sec. It was only like 5 or 6 jumps and I didn't see a soul coming from HS. On the way back a single Sabre appeared and my first year and a half of EVE got either destroyed or looted.

I learned my lesson =(
Mo'fuhka Jones
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2015-09-01 22:08:59 UTC
Biomassed. Twice.
Kelleth Kirk
Caldari State - Osprey Wing 7
#88 - 2015-09-01 22:54:36 UTC
Went into a wormhole to help a friend grind some isk in 900mil Gila, I went in with a Gila, it never came back out.
Damn cloaked T3 Cruisers... If I had my full tank equipped I would have wiped the floor with those pricks... Ah well.

Also warping into home system during a wardec without checking with corp. mates if there were any war targets in system, after helping a friend... Cost me dearly too.

Helping a friend in low sec. lost me my Rokh, appearantly his Corp. mates didn't care I was there helping their Corp. mate, I was just an easy kill.

Every time I lose my ships it is because I help someone, so I just don't help people anymore, you need help? Get a better ship, don't come to me, I like my ship!

I miss having ISK.

Nakito Kobara
Yamagata Syndicate
The Initiative.
#89 - 2015-09-03 22:04:04 UTC
Sold my original char 2 years ago whom I had since the games launch...Oops
Romvex
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#90 - 2015-09-03 22:27:28 UTC
Kelleth Kirk wrote:
Went into a wormhole to help a friend grind some isk in 900mil Gila, I went in with a Gila, it never came back out.
Damn cloaked T3 Cruisers... If I had my full tank equipped I would have wiped the floor with those pricks... Ah well.

Also warping into home system during a wardec without checking with corp. mates if there were any war targets in system, after helping a friend... Cost me dearly too.

Helping a friend in low sec. lost me my Rokh, appearantly his Corp. mates didn't care I was there helping their Corp. mate, I was just an easy kill.

Every time I lose my ships it is because I help someone, so I just don't help people anymore, you need help? Get a better ship, don't come to me, I like my ship!

just stop helping people and trusting people and its all peachy
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2015-09-04 00:55:44 UTC
Probably doubling back to take on a gatecamp cruiser and battlecruiser in a Firetail.
Eurydia Vespasian
Storm Hunters
#92 - 2015-09-04 01:38:06 UTC
I subbed.
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#93 - 2015-09-04 02:10:50 UTC
Played eve through the entirety of my 20s, then I turned 30 and woke up one day and was like ''what have I done with my life''
Dan Seavey Allier
Seavy Acquisitions
#94 - 2015-09-04 04:39:06 UTC

Two ugly things stand out:

Didn't log on for a week, ran my pos out of fuel in Hi-Sec and someone flew away with and Obelisk crammed with a billion in loot that my lazy ass left floating in the force field.

Put a Plex on the market; meant to ask for 850 million........and missed a ******* zero in the price.

Meh.....

Dan

Honey Never Sleeps. - John Russell

inta Vakaria
Ah yes Reapers
#95 - 2015-09-04 07:56:33 UTC
Forgetting to put a capital I at the beginning of my name, that mistake haunts me everyday.
Romvex
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#96 - 2015-09-04 12:58:47 UTC
inta Vakaria wrote:
Forgetting to put a capital I at the beginning of my name, that mistake haunts me everyday.

This man knows true pain
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#97 - 2015-09-04 18:30:44 UTC
I was scanning in lowsec like I always did back then and I was pretty drunk. I forgot I was in my HG slave clone and I SWEAR TO GOD I clicked dock but I guess I just clicked warp. Anathema sitting on station in lowsec... got blown up and I got podded.

Not today spaghetti.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#98 - 2015-09-04 18:58:16 UTC
Gneeznow wrote:
Played eve through the entirety of my 20s, then I turned 30 and woke up one day and was like ''what have I done with my life''

"It gets better."

I have to do the math whenever someone asks my age. Sitting on the doorstep to 50.
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#99 - 2015-09-05 01:11:09 UTC
inta Vakaria wrote:

You can get CCP to change it to a capital letter, I had the same problem until I put in a ticket to get my S made into a capital one.

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#100 - 2015-09-05 02:44:19 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
Dumbest thing I ever did in eve was start a trial account in 2009 just to see what EVE was all about.

I even remember saying to myself - 'PAY MONTHLY TO PLAY A GAME!!! - NEVER!!!'

On that note, kept telling myself I would never use Alts, now I have 4 accounts.

And on top of that, I continuously pay month to month, thinking 'just in case' and I haven't let a sub lapse more than once in 5 years.