These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!!

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#801 - 2015-09-01 15:27:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Whitehound wrote:
So tell me, what is relevant to you and how do you proof it?
What the active agents are.
Through the use of spellcheck and the edit button.

Quote:
You already said that winning in a competition has some relevance to you, has it not?
Not in determining whether or not it's PvP, and no, you're the one who said that.
Seven Koskanaiken
Fancypants Inc
Pandemic Horde
#802 - 2015-09-01 15:29:35 UTC
Quote:
PART TWO – WHAT CAN I DO IN EVE?
Introduction
7 PvP (Player versus Player)
8 Missions
9 Mining
10 Trading
11 Industry
12 Exploration
13 Factional Warfare


I like how PvP and FW are discrete categories.
Verlyn
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#803 - 2015-09-01 15:30:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Verlyn
They could start by stopping to add new rtarded ships to the game.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#804 - 2015-09-01 15:32:12 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
I like how PvP and FW are discrete categories.

Now that you mention it, that's probably one of the more accurate distinctions in the entire thread… P
Estevan Valladares
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#805 - 2015-09-01 15:37:43 UTC
Throth wrote:
I quit because there is nothing left for me as a casual gamer. I'm tired of the expectations that I have too keep up with every exploit and change or else I'm deserving of griefing. It's another version of victim blaming, only in a virtual world.


There never was bro. There were only your illusions of something casual about EVE.
New Eden is a place where only people who lives it can enjoy it.
"EVE is not dying, because EVE is real™"

WorldTradersGuild.Com [WTG] - We are here for the long haul

Whitehound
#806 - 2015-09-01 15:37:56 UTC
Dersen Lowery wrote:
Assuming that I was a freighter pilot (I'm not) ...

This puts you right into a space ship and you can certainly be targeted by others and suffer a great loss. Not only a loss over your ship but in case of courier contracts will it include the collateral, too. So there is no question about it being PvP. You are definitely taking a risk, the loss is real and not just perceived and it will be confirmed by a killmail. You may be racing against another hauler for ISKs as part of your own little competition, but the real threat are other space pilots like gankers for example.

What people are trying to say however is that a market trader is making the same kind of experience and want to call it PvP, too. It is however far from being the same. These traders sit safely in a station and are fully protected by the environment and their market orders cannot be associated with them until after the trade. They get a guarantee on the price or will get the item back. The loss in profit that some see is just ISK they never really had. So there is no loss in it and this excludes any possibility of anyone targeting you for the purpose of causing you a loss. Traders are merely competing with other traders for a better spot in the market environment, making it competitive PvE, but not PvP.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Whitehound
#807 - 2015-09-01 15:40:14 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
So tell me, what is relevant to you and how do you proof it?
What the active agents are.

Please explain this in more detail. I would like to know more.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Salvos Rhoska
#808 - 2015-09-01 15:40:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Lucas Kell wrote:
--.

1) "Nothing I link to you would be accepted, since you can just reject anything as not good enough. It's been explained to you though and is pretty simple, you['re just being deliberately obtuse."

Try me.
Speculating on my reaction is no substitute, and extremely insulting and arrogant.

2) "That's a bit of a different situation, since we're driving the ball away from each other. If you were to bump the rock away from me, then yes, that would be PvP."

There is no difference, unless you try to move the goal posts (pun intended).
We are both in competition for the same finite resource (the ball/rock).
My interaction with it is in conflict with you, and we are two players doing so (PvP).

3)"t's indirect. The mechanic is vs Environment, the competition is vs Players, so it's competitive PvE."
Its direct.
Players DIRECTLY take this action in order to influence the environment against other players in their own competitive interest (PvP).

4) Sov is an environment mechanic. Players interact with it for purposes of competition against other players interest (PvP).

5) Trying to defend warm and cool as buzz words. /facepalm.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#809 - 2015-09-01 15:45:53 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Please explain this in more detail. I would like to know more.

I'm going to show you a neat trick — one you should learn because it will help you in the future. It's called linking.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6007453#post6007453
Throth
Doomheim
#810 - 2015-09-01 15:47:18 UTC
Estevan Valladares wrote:
Throth wrote:
I quit because there is nothing left for me as a casual gamer. I'm tired of the expectations that I have too keep up with every exploit and change or else I'm deserving of griefing. It's another version of victim blaming, only in a virtual world.


There never was bro. There were only your illusions of something casual about EVE.
New Eden is a place where only people who lives it can enjoy it.
"EVE is not dying, because EVE is real™"


As a player that has been playing since the beginning, I disagree with you. This is not my first toon, but is the one I chose as a main toon because I decided on my third toon to train the attribute skills first; which I means that I have been playing since the beginning of Eve. I remember a time where Eve was more more diverse. PvP was a choice in the beginning, and slowly it got pushed onto everybody. I remember when griefing and exploitation started and CCP made decisions to allow them to happen since they weren't technically breaking the rules. And now I will last remember that there is no longer any casual gameplay left. Please tell me more about what you remember from 2004 that contradicts what I remember....

Either way, I'm saying goodbye to over a decade of Eve, and congrats to the player that I gave my 20B in assets to; may he/she enjoy them. Fly safe phukers lol.
Salvos Rhoska
#811 - 2015-09-01 15:51:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Throth wrote:
And now I will last remember that there is no longer any casual gameplay left.

Throth wrote:
congrats to the player that I gave my 20B in assets to; may he/she enjoy them.

Congrats on creating a spacerich casual to replace you.

Probably nothing in this game can be as demotivating as someone dropping 20bil on you, and robbing you of any motivation to earn it for yourself.
Whitehound
#812 - 2015-09-01 15:52:44 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Whitehound wrote:
Please explain this in more detail. I would like to know more.

I'm going to show you a neat trick — one you should learn because it will help you in the future. It's called linking.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6007453#post6007453

No, I specifically meant your use of the word "agents", which is why I quoted it.

Are you talking about your active L1 agents or what?

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Throth
Doomheim
#813 - 2015-09-01 15:52:49 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Throth wrote:
And now I will last remember that there is no longer any casual gameplay left.

Throth wrote:
congrats to the player that I gave my 20B in assets to; may he/she enjoy them.

Congrats on creating a spacerich casual to replace you.


Cheers.
Estevan Valladares
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#814 - 2015-09-01 15:53:21 UTC
Throth wrote:
Estevan Valladares wrote:
Throth wrote:
I quit because there is nothing left for me as a casual gamer. I'm tired of the expectations that I have too keep up with every exploit and change or else I'm deserving of griefing. It's another version of victim blaming, only in a virtual world.


There never was bro. There were only your illusions of something casual about EVE.
New Eden is a place where only people who lives it can enjoy it.
"EVE is not dying, because EVE is real™"


As a player that has been playing since the beginning, I disagree with you. This is not my first toon, but is the one I chose as a main toon because I decided on my third toon to train the attribute skills first; which I means that I have been playing since the beginning of Eve. I remember a time where Eve was more more diverse. PvP was a choice in the beginning, and slowly it got pushed onto everybody. I remember when griefing and exploitation started and CCP made decisions to allow them to happen since they weren't technically breaking the rules. And now I will last remember that there is no longer any casual gameplay left. Please tell me more about what you remember from 2004 that contradicts what I remember....

Either way, I'm saying goodbye to over a decade of Eve, and congrats to the player that I gave my 20B in assets to; may he/she enjoy them. Fly safe phukers lol.


I have been playing since eve debut too. Still your expectations only talking EVE was always the same way, it just had less people at some point.

WorldTradersGuild.Com [WTG] - We are here for the long haul

Salvos Rhoska
#815 - 2015-09-01 15:54:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#816 - 2015-09-01 15:57:01 UTC
Throth wrote:
Estevan Valladares wrote:
Throth wrote:
I quit because there is nothing left for me as a casual gamer. I'm tired of the expectations that I have too keep up with every exploit and change or else I'm deserving of griefing. It's another version of victim blaming, only in a virtual world.


There never was bro. There were only your illusions of something casual about EVE.
New Eden is a place where only people who lives it can enjoy it.
"EVE is not dying, because EVE is real™"


As a player that has been playing since the beginning, I disagree with you. This is not my first toon, but is the one I chose as a main toon because I decided on my third toon to train the attribute skills first; which I means that I have been playing since the beginning of Eve. I remember a time where Eve was more more diverse. PvP was a choice in the beginning, and slowly it got pushed onto everybody. I remember when griefing and exploitation started and CCP made decisions to allow them to happen since they weren't technically breaking the rules. And now I will last remember that there is no longer any casual gameplay left. Please tell me more about what you remember from 2004 that contradicts what I remember....

Either way, I'm saying goodbye to over a decade of Eve, and congrats to the player that I gave my 20B in assets to; may he/she enjoy them. Fly safe phukers lol.


You can still play casual. You just won't be as successful as the tryhards...
Estevan Valladares
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#817 - 2015-09-01 15:57:52 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Throth wrote:
Cheers.

Bye.


Is 20B much ?

WorldTradersGuild.Com [WTG] - We are here for the long haul

Throth
Doomheim
#818 - 2015-09-01 15:57:56 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Throth wrote:
Cheers.

Bye.


Bye you sexy beast.
Whitehound
#819 - 2015-09-01 15:59:30 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Throth wrote:
Cheers.

Bye.

That was a really sad conversation. The least people should do is sell their stuff, buy PLEX and fill up their skill queue to the max. At least when they return, or if they return, will they have more skill points.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Throth
Doomheim
#820 - 2015-09-01 16:02:58 UTC
Estevan Valladares wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Throth wrote:
Cheers.

Bye.


Is 20B much ?


I'm not sure. Ask someone that sill plays lol. I'm just here, waiting for Eve to download, because I realized that Throth is waiting to be reprocessed from when I biomassed him two weeks ago. 20B at least a nice "thank you" to the person that saved my freighter from a hyperdunk, or maybe it isn't; I don't care either way.