These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Best ship(s) for optimal L4 ISK?

Author
Dethmourne Silvermane
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-08-31 18:17:04 UTC
Assuming you're running a character with perfect/near-perfect skills, what ship(s) do you think optimize the almight ISK/hr, and what fittings do you run? If you run implants, what implants (assume you can choose to swap ships between missions, but not implants)?

I think it's reasonable to pick basically any hull and a limited number of faction/ds mods as appropriate to remain optimized but not quite worth ganking from an ISK/effort ratio perspective, e.g. no a-type invulns etc.

Include burner fits if you'd like

Interested Party (TM)

Dethmourne Silvermane
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-08-31 18:21:37 UTC
I'll add my own when I get home from work, but right now I'm primarily utilizing an HML Tengu. I think there's some room for optimization yet, but the damage application from range was significantly improving mission completion times over the AML variant I'd been using.

Interested Party (TM)

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#3 - 2015-08-31 19:18:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Dethmourne Silvermane wrote:
I'll add my own when I get home from work, but right now I'm primarily utilizing an HML Tengu. I think there's some room for optimization yet, but the damage application from range was significantly improving mission completion times over the AML variant I'd been using.

You'll find that training into a Golem is well worth the investment. The ability to salvage as you go can basically double or even triple your ISK/hour. This is of course if you're running missions more casually as opposed to blitzing Sisters of Eve L4s just for the LP. While I can't consistently match the ISK/hour of blitzing L4s, I can on occasion match it with shooting and looting.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2015-08-31 19:39:47 UTC
Optimal level 4 isk you want to be blitzing in a mach for best LP return per hour as loot is terrible in missions (apart from some empire factions ones that drop a lot of tags).
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#5 - 2015-08-31 20:33:45 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
Optimal level 4 isk you want to be blitzing in a mach for best LP return per hour as loot is terrible in missions (apart from some empire factions ones that drop a lot of tags).

I never liked my Gallente or Minmatar standings anyways... Twisted

Tirian Ratcliffe
New Eden Tactical Logistics
#6 - 2015-08-31 20:35:43 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

A Mach would get my vote also. Very nice hull.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#7 - 2015-08-31 20:45:55 UTC
mach plus burner missions, and mostly burner missions. LP market will be in trouble once people realize how much they can make running the right way. and/or burner mission rewards will plummet.

Jori nails it here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5583928#post5583928
and burner thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=369477

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#8 - 2015-09-01 00:36:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Theres a bit of a setup cost, probably around 3bill, maybe 4bill all things considered between the Mach, the Ascendency and damage implants, bling fits for burners, the 3 cruisers for the burner bases and then the time to grind up the required 5.0+ faction standings.

But yea, once you get all that you can put out impressive sustained isk/h. Highest I've measured myself at was 170m/h so far. This is also not including the vigilant BPC and shadow serpentis mods I've picked up. Optimal isk means only one thing, and thats the Mach blitzing LV4s. If you qualify it differently as in'just for fun/relaxation/etc. then it is no longer optimal isk.

Honestly though I am impressed considering the number of mission runners I see where I am (and thats just one hub) at how stable the LP market is still. I mean it's busy tanking, no doubt but it is taking a long ass time to tank.

Also having done the whole salvage/loot during missions, these days you'd be lucky to get loot+salvage together equaling bounties and it will never get close to blitzing now that burners are a thing.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Skurja Volpar
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#9 - 2015-09-01 12:55:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Skurja Volpar
For Blitz speed I don't think you can beat the mach.

The marauder mjd bonus is amazing for certain missions like blockade, an ac vargur can rush it in just a few minutes. But having to bastion when things get hairy can waste time, and the machariels warp speed is much more efficient in the long run imo.
The Bigpuns
United Standings Improvement Agency
#10 - 2015-09-01 13:08:04 UTC
Depends how you want to run the missions, as some people have said.

Blitzing (isk comes from many mission rewards and lp's): machariel
Full clears (isk comes from bounties, plus mission rewards and lp's): rattlesnake
Full clears with salvaging (isk comes from bounties, plus loot, mission rewards, lp's and a bit from salvage): golem or vargur (paladin or kronos with certain conditions), or rattlesnake with many mtu's and a noctis.

Keep a few frigates and cruisers handy for the various burner missions.

Contrary to what some people will tell you, there is no one "best way". Each has plus and minus points.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#11 - 2015-09-01 20:17:23 UTC
The Bigpuns wrote:
Depends how you want to run the missions, as some people have said.

Blitzing (isk comes from many mission rewards and lp's): machariel
Full clears (isk comes from bounties, plus mission rewards and lp's): rattlesnake
Full clears with salvaging (isk comes from bounties, plus loot, mission rewards, lp's and a bit from salvage): golem or vargur (paladin or kronos with certain conditions), or rattlesnake with many mtu's and a noctis.

Keep a few frigates and cruisers handy for the various burner missions.

Contrary to what some people will tell you, there is no one "best way". Each has plus and minus points.

given we can quantify isk, loot, salvage, and lp rewards there very much is a best way.

it is very easy to adjust for play style, skill points, whatever other factors you want to include, but then we are no longer talking about optimal.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#12 - 2015-09-01 21:22:14 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
given we can quantify isk, loot, salvage, and lp rewards there very much is a best way.

True, but I refer the "relaxed" way. It's less intense - and I make far less ISK - but it gives me time to read the forums and my other groups.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#13 - 2015-09-01 22:04:31 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

True, but I refer the "relaxed" way. It's less intense - and I make far less ISK - but it gives me time to read the forums and my other groups.

What does that have to do with optimal L4 ISK?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#14 - 2015-09-01 23:01:05 UTC
Duh, the friend-ship.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#15 - 2015-09-04 16:19:01 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

Absolutely nothing. He does get carried away with his little Golem dreams.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#16 - 2015-09-05 01:08:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Sobaan Tali
Bumblefck wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

Absolutely nothing. He does get carried away with his little Golem dreams.

He simply has a different definition of the word "optimal" in this case. His is a more personalized one, yours is the more typical one; most ISK for least time spent getting it. Mine's a little of both, I want to make enough to make my time spent running a mission worth it, but I'm not gonna live solely by the min/max or isk/hr creed.

The so-called "best ship for L4's" argument is as much a question of the player as it is the ship when you stop to think about it.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#17 - 2015-09-09 14:05:13 UTC
That is certainly true, but the implicit meaning being discussed here is basically "making the most possible ISK in the least possible time". I too, occasionally, like to mission for fun, but I think we understand what the semantic focus of this thread is.

Your last point is a good one, too :)

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#18 - 2015-09-09 14:24:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Yea, saying the definition of optimal is open for debate when it's been clearly defined in the OP (For the purposes of discussion in this particular thread) is not exactly accurate now is it :P

I mean the question was rather clear: 'what ship(s) do you think optimize the almighty ISK/hr', not 'best ship for lv4'. For example most blitzing Machs can't do some lv4s (aka have to warp out half way).

Altair Taurus
#19 - 2015-09-09 17:05:14 UTC
Marauders are pure crap! Fly pirate battleships instead.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#20 - 2015-09-09 18:54:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Altair Taurus wrote:
Marauders are pure crap! Fly pirate battleships instead.

You can blitz fairly effectively in Marauders. With Ascendancy implants, Hyperspacial rigs and a Hyperspacial Accelerator module you can match the warp speed of the Machariel. And has been pointed out, Marauders can hang in there in many instances where a Machariel would have to warp out. DPS is comparable except most Maruaders will have considerably more range (particularly the Golem). While it's true that there aren't many missions worth salvaging, there are a few where you have a chance to get an expensive implant (Damsel, Zazz), and there are a few that have great loot and salvage (Beserk, Damsel).

Addendum: This is nothing agains the Machariel - it's a great ship. Just merely pointing out that it's not the only option available...

123Next pageLast page