These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Make battleships and battlecruisers worth the warp! 2.0

First post
Author
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#601 - 2015-07-23 18:33:03 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
The buildcost in minerals was what I meant with price increase. They still don't warrant any of it. Battlecruisers didn't warrant the increase either but Stich is already fighting for them and CCP said something about a change to them after the tournament, so fingers crossed.

Whens the tourney? I wants to hear about BC changes now! Big smile

I Keep checking the forums, hoping to see a new blue post.. but nooo. CCP master of suspense.
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#602 - 2015-07-23 19:16:15 UTC  |  Edited by: James Baboli
Stitch Kaneland wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
The buildcost in minerals was what I meant with price increase. They still don't warrant any of it. Battlecruisers didn't warrant the increase either but Stich is already fighting for them and CCP said something about a change to them after the tournament, so fingers crossed.

Whens the tourney? I wants to hear about BC changes now! Big smile

I Keep checking the forums, hoping to see a new blue post.. but nooo. CCP master of suspense.

SOON™

In more seriousness, looking at the changes to costs from tieracide, the gap between top and bottom for cruisers was a couple percent, while the gap for battlecruisers was a double digit percent, and battleships had some double in cost. They are now fairly even, with the base prices within a few percent, and the annoyance of certain minerals being largely responsible for the differing prices. I think ratcheting back the increase in costs somewhat would help substantially.

ED: also, will be on vacation starting tomorrow. Please don't be mean to each other in my thread.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#603 - 2015-07-23 23:26:01 UTC
Have a nice holiday, James and no worries we have been behaving for about 30 pages now, I'm not intending to change that.

Stich, the tournament start at the second August weekend on August 13th in think and end two week later.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#604 - 2015-08-26 15:33:35 UTC
I checked the flagships for the AT and they seemed to be Geddons, bhaals, PhoonFleets, some scorp navy's and a rattlesnake or two..

IE, all the ships we know are decent and mostly the same ones...
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#605 - 2015-08-26 15:44:34 UTC
FireFrenzy wrote:
I checked the flagships for the AT and they seemed to be Geddons, bhaals, PhoonFleets, some scorp navy's and a rattlesnake or two..

Drones and neuts, neuts and web, no idea, tanky, tanky and drones.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#606 - 2015-08-26 17:57:21 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FireFrenzy wrote:

Drones and neuts, neuts and web, no idea, tanky, tanky and drones.

Sad neuts they only gameplay for the weak.

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#607 - 2015-08-26 18:21:40 UTC
says the person who doesnt have bhaals with 5 points in amarrian battleships...

Or a spidertanked dominixes&geddons docterine:)
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#608 - 2015-08-26 18:50:18 UTC
FireFrenzy wrote:
says the person who doesnt have bhaals with 5 points in amarrian battleships...

Or a spidertanked dominixes&geddons docterine:)

I like the Armageddon, don't get me wrong, it's just that every ship in EVE must have 5 neuts or go home. And flying a blobb of battleships in w-space only provides you with new connections or a not funny new way of getting into the unkown.

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#609 - 2015-08-26 20:20:09 UTC
I miss our old docterine... it was REALLY COOL and damn efficient, those battleships cost next to nothing...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/38229268/

And with enough of them IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL... 2.5:1 outnumbered by pimped out t3s? Yeah we'll take that fight... Oh you thought we wouldnt Jam your logi with armor scorps and then neut the t3s? THATS SO CUTE! *deploys bouncers, spreads points and goes to town*
Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#610 - 2015-08-27 01:27:47 UTC
FireFrenzy wrote:
I miss our old docterine... it was REALLY COOL and damn efficient, those battleships cost next to nothing...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/38229268/

And with enough of them IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL... 2.5:1 outnumbered by pimped out t3s? Yeah we'll take that fight... Oh you thought we wouldnt Jam your logi with armor scorps and then neut the t3s? THATS SO CUTE! *deploys bouncers, spreads points and goes to town*

That sounds like fun. But you say "old" doctrine...why did (person responsible) give it up?
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#611 - 2015-08-27 11:07:48 UTC
We're concidering rebooting it, but basically SATUN imploded...

and if you have "enough people" you can just fit more specifically... you can then make spaceboats do one thing better then a spider ever could...

I have a variant fit with rattlesnakes i want to try... 800ish damage while rocking 180ishk ehp and everyone reps for 1k? yes i believe "F you" is an adequate descriptor...
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#612 - 2015-08-27 14:18:08 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FireFrenzy wrote:

no idea

Fleet phoon is sexy. Just not sure of its use in AT. I mean RHML works well on it, or with proper support cruise missiles can get huge volley amounts (i want to say 7-8k).

I just came here mainly to say.. wheres the BC rebalance thread? :)

(Yes i know, after AT....)
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#613 - 2015-08-27 14:28:14 UTC
Stitch Kaneland wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
FireFrenzy wrote:

no idea

Fleet phoon is sexy. Just not sure of its use in AT. I mean RHML works well on it, or with proper support cruise missiles can get huge volley amounts (i want to say 7-8k).

I just came here mainly to say.. wheres the BC rebalance thread? :)

I have been busier than I expected, thus the relative lack of progress on tuhis.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
#614 - 2015-08-27 18:48:13 UTC
Stitch Kaneland wrote:
...I just came here mainly to say.. wheres the BC rebalance thread? :)

I am twiddleing my thumbs too. Been curious what they have in store for them.

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#615 - 2015-08-27 20:31:31 UTC
Hey baboli swank new picture bro:)

We havent talked much recently but i've been worshipping bob and blowing up nullbears :) (i would like to thank anyone dumb enough to get blopsed on or warped too for making my job of killing everything that moves a little easier)
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#616 - 2015-09-08 02:43:15 UTC
Something i noticed while flying the maelstrom that is kind of odd for a BS.

It has a tiny cargo bay. In general, BS probably need a buff (some more than others) to their cargo. The reason I single the maelstrom out is that it has a shield boost bonus. Its intended to be using and storing cap boosters, yet has a fairly small cargo capacity. The vaga used to suffer from this, but CCP heard my plee and buffed it during 1st round of HAC rebalances (when muninn got speed buff).

So as an addition to the hopefully soon BS/BC rebalance, i'd like CCP to also consider buffing their cargo capacities.

Quick comparo:

Maelstrom: 550m3
Rokh: 625m3
Hyperion: 675m3
Abaddon: 525m3

Tempest: 600m3
Mega: 675m3
Raven : 665m3
Geddon: 600m3

The Abaddon is actually worse than the mael, and is another ship that insists on having a cap booster. However, laser ammo does not take up the heaps of room projectile ammo does (at least if you carry 2k of EMP/fusion/PP/sabot).

I'd say bumping the abaddon up at least another 75m3 (600m3) and the mael up 100m3 (650m3).