These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

AIA Pharmaceuticals Bond - 5B 10% Bond - FILLED

First post
Author
Charlinda Akheteru
Akheteru Integrated Astrometrics
#1 - 2015-08-26 00:59:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlinda Akheteru
Thanks to helpful advice from two folks I'd rather not name-drop. Thanks as well to Rykker Bow, whose first Bond is the post that I used as a framework for this initial offering here on MD.

AIA Pharmaceuticals Bond

• Chapter 1 - Purpose of the AIA Pharmaceuticals Bond
• Chapter 2 - Background
• Chapter 3 - The Business Plan
• Chapter 4 - Statement of Assets
• Chapter 5 - Full Disclosure of Risks
• Chapter 6 - Exit Strategy
• Chapter 7 - Bond Term and Conditions

Chapter 1 - Purpose of the AIA Pharmaceuticals Bond

The purpose of the AIA Pharmaceuticals bond is to raise capital to expand from production of four products to at least sixteen, depending on shifting demand:

Current products offered:
Synth & Standard Drop
Synth & Standard Exile

Proposed product line:
Full array of Drop, Exile, Mindflood and Soothsayer

I began AIA's Pharmaceuticals division with 1.3b of my own ISK which I raised through market trading in Jita, and now that I've begun to build a clientele and educate users on the benefits and actual (versus assumed) risks involved in the use of combat boosters, folks are requesting products that I don't have the liquidity to invest in. In this bond I would like to raise the capital required to expand production so that I may not only offer my existing clients their desired drugs of choice, but also broaden my clientele by broadening my reach and expanding my market share.

Chapter 2 - Background

None of you are likely to know me or my main, Havohej, but I've been in the game since 2007 (minus a couple of breaks). My last break was from December 2014 until the beginning of August - I was working 12 hour days in the sales industry. As of August 2nd, I've been promoted to Office Manager and I get to be home by 3pm every day so I finally have time for spaceships again. I am an admin and co-founder of the RP community's OOC forum at http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com along with Silver Night and you may remember us having been featured in CCP's EVE Community Spotlight #17 (and given the Dev that posted that Community Spotlight thread, for those of us who know who he is/was, that was a very special moment indeed!). Note that I was inactive at the time that article was posted, but you can check my posting history there as well (under my main's name, Havohej, of course) to at least see that I've been around for a while and have managed to not become completely hated by everyone.

Chapter 3 - The Business Plan

Combat boosters are perhaps the last bit of unknown territory in Eve, in that most people don't know all the ins and outs of their production - those who do know tend to be fairly tight-lipped. The information is out there, but it's difficult to find all of the pieces and then put them together in the correct order. Lots of people attempt to make a go of it and lose incredible amounts of ISK and small pieces of their sanity because they missed this piece or that. I have all of the pieces in place (except sufficient starting capital).

I began the AIA Pharmaceuticals division with two production towers and a substantial supply of gas, BPCs and the necessary reactions to begin producing what I deemed to be the most sought-after low-level products. I took most of the initial profit and invested it in BPCs and reactions for a more varied assortment of products and now require only the liquid ISK to purchase the gases required for the reactions. According to the spreadsheet that I'm using, which I am prepared to share with any investor, each tower should be able to produce at least 700m worth of finished product per week, provided a steady supply of gas to maintain the reactions and keep the drug labs fed. As soon as I have a wider assortment of products and can fill user-specific orders on a timely basis, AIA Pharmaceuticals Division can begin to realize its profit potential.

In the long run, my intent is to recruit people interested in learning about Combat Booster production themselves, as well as explorers and gas miners to procure materials, BPCs and other related goods at below-market costs, thereby increasing what is already a substantial profit margin - much like Es and Whizz, the top drug production corporation in Eve, has been doing for years. I also intend to continue working to broaden by customer base, first by reaching out to customers who purchase more than 5 units at a time, as I've been doing, and inviting them to join the AIA Pharmaceuticals mailing list for product and pricelist updates, but also by exploring advertisement opportunities via high-traffic Eve-related websites and seeking opportunities to better-educate the player base as to the risks associated with use of combat boosters, as previously mentioned. This will allow us to prepare for whatever changes the new Citadel structures bring to the drug trade and hit the ground running when all of that takes place.

Chapter 4 - Statement of Assets

As of this posting, Akheteru Integrated Astrometrics owns two active production towers and associated modules and fuel, as well as BPCs, reactions, trade goods used as catalysts in the production process (all totaling approximately 1.6b), an Occator, a Viator and a Helios. As well as 815m liquid ISK in corp wallet.
Charlinda Akheteru
#2 - 2015-08-26 00:59:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlinda Akheteru
Chapter 5 - Risks

Obviously, my name isn't known in this community, so anything can happen, right? I think the main issues are "I could be a complete moron." I don't believe so, but who does. I will say that, with the help of a very sound industry director, I built a small corp into a near-200 pilot industrial entity in nullsec within my first 12 months of playing the game in 2008 (that industry director's name was Binner, I believe he still plays and hasn't sold the toon that I know of - chat him up), including raising ISK through selling shares in the corp to corp members in order to purchase our Rorqual when those hulls were first introduced.

I could take another 8-month break and leave everyone high and dry. True, but so could you. The only reason for the break was that I took a job in sales and, as mentioned, was working 12 hour days and simply didn't have time for online gaming. Now that I'm a desk jockey, I have plenty of time and as a roleplayer, I must say I absolutely love this murky and little-traveled career path in Eve.

It is unlikely that I would be unable to properly utilize funds raised here to expand the project - at this point, it's really just a matter of buying extra gases and anchoring another tower or two as needed to meet increasing demand (which I expect to increase further as I begin exploring advertisement opportunities and offering a wider array of products).

Wardec is not a risk, the entire operation takes place in lowsec and the primary means of distribution is through use of the blockade runner.

Which pretty much leaves destruction of production towers by bored content creators, right? The towers are located in a particular system with very easy access to my main's alliance's capital fleet for defense. I anticipate little to no interruption of production as a result of outside interference.

Chapter 6 - Exit Strategy

If things do not go as planned, and if somehow Eve pilots stop being violent, psychotic drug-popping reprobates, I am prepared to shut down all production towers and liquidate the entire operation in order to pay back the investors as best I can and return to station trading in Jita until my next bright idea. Given that my primary stumbling block so far has simply been not being able to provide every product requested, I don't see this exit strategy being employed but, there it is.

Chapter 7 - Bond Terms and Conditions

This is a 5 Billion ISK bond with 10% interest monthly paid out at 2.5% per week, to begin on Tuesday, September 1st Friday, August 28th and with the first payout taking place on Tuesday, September 8th Friday, September 4th with subsequent payouts occuring every following Tuesday Friday up to and including the completion of the bond, scheduled for November 24th November 20th.

Price of bond - 100 million each
Number of bonds - 50
Interest - 10% per month (paid 2.5% weekly)
Length of bond - 3 months (12 weeks)
Start date - August 28th
Collateral - None
Reports - Weekly, accompanying payout

Current Investors:
QuickSwipe Collier - 1 Bond (100M)
Tatal Zmeu - 1 Bond (100M)
Ripblade Falconpunch - 15 Bonds (1.5B)
Mr McWheezy - 2 Bonds (200M)
goodlady Smith - 10 Bonds (1B)
Nouva MacGyver - 15 Bonds (1.5B)
Commander Godsmack - 6 Bonds (600M)
Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#3 - 2015-08-26 01:01:06 UTC
Muh alt. I'm so proud of her! Big smile

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

goodlady Smith
TheCrazy88s
#4 - 2015-08-26 01:24:04 UTC
Charlinda Akheteru wrote:
Chapter 5 - Risks

Chapter 6 - Exit Strategy

Because you have an Exit-Strategy I will fill 1B of this

Please like my posts it makes me feel better about the time I spend on the forums WTS... Smiles

Charlinda Akheteru
#5 - 2015-08-26 01:28:12 UTC
Noted above, thank you for your confidence.

Just so everyone knows, I'm around in case anyone has questions or concerns that I didn't address in the proposal - and I can be found ingame in channel AIA Pharmaceuticals as well.
goodlady Smith
TheCrazy88s
#6 - 2015-08-26 01:39:33 UTC  |  Edited by: goodlady Smith
Will transfer the isk within 24 hours
Isk sent

Please like my posts it makes me feel better about the time I spend on the forums WTS... Smiles

Nouva MacGyver
Jedrzejczyk Integrated Capital
Minerva Exalt Holdings
#7 - 2015-08-26 02:48:11 UTC
Stuff about drugs, drugs and more drugs.

Hmph. Gallentean WHORE! Up to her nose in drugs. Figures. *spits*

(How's my RP? Shocked)

In all seriousness though, I like this. Kindly reserve 15 bonds for me (1.5bil). Will send at earliest convenience when I log back in under... 16-ish hours or so?
Charlinda Akheteru
#8 - 2015-08-26 02:57:34 UTC
Nouva MacGyver wrote:
Stuff about drugs, drugs and more drugs.

Hmph. Gallentean WHORE! Up to her nose in drugs. Figures. *spits*

(How's my RP? Shocked)

In all seriousness though, I like this. Kindly reserve 15 bonds for me (1.5bil). Will send at earliest convenience when I log back in under... 16-ish hours or so?

I'll have you know, Ms. MacGyver, that I am half-Intaki, half-Thukker. Matari Invictus.

Also, your reserve is noted above.
Ripblade Falconpunch
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-08-26 03:03:36 UTC
I will fill an additional 1.5B of this. ISK transferred in a few hours.
Charlinda Akheteru
#10 - 2015-08-26 03:07:11 UTC
We've received ISK on 2 bonds from the investors noted above.

Your reserve has been noted, Ripblade Falconpunch.

8 Bonds remaining.
Mr McWheezy
Worthless Carebears
The Initiative.
#11 - 2015-08-26 03:15:03 UTC
I'll buy a couple. 200m sent.
Ripblade Falconpunch
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-08-26 03:16:42 UTC
We've received ISK on 2 bonds from the investors noted above.

Your reserve has been noted, Ripblade Falconpunch.

8 Bonds remaining.

ISK sent.... happy drugging :)
Charlinda Akheteru
#13 - 2015-08-26 03:18:04 UTC
Confirming receipt of ISK from Mr McWheezy and Ripblade Falconpunch, as well as the other two pilots noted above.

6 Bonds remaining.
Commander Godsmack
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-08-26 05:44:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Godsmack
I'll take those 6

Edit. Send me a mail in game so I can get your name easier, can't be computer long
Cista2
EVE Museum
#15 - 2015-08-26 06:05:31 UTC
Filled overnight! I am impressed.
I will take 1 bn or whatever crumbs the other investors have left.

My channel: "Signatures" -

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#16 - 2015-08-26 08:52:27 UTC
drop me a mail if there are drop outs.
Nouva MacGyver
Jedrzejczyk Integrated Capital
Minerva Exalt Holdings
#17 - 2015-08-26 10:38:24 UTC

I'll have you know, Ms. MacGyver, that I am half-Intaki, half-Thukker. Matari Invictus.

Also, your reserve is noted above.

Understood Ms. Akheteru. Cool

1.5 Bil has been wired to you. Best of luck and have a smooth operation!
Charlinda Akheteru
#18 - 2015-08-26 11:42:14 UTC
Confirming receipt of ISK from goodlady Smith and Nouva MacGyver.

Reservation from Commander Godsmack noted above.

Interest from other investors also noted, should anyone drop out before I begin I will certainly reach out.

It was not expected that the Bond should fill so quickly. I see no reason to delay a week to begin building AIA's Pharmaceutical empire; as soon as I get home, I will adjust the schedule outlined in the offer post; it will still be for 12 weeks, interest paid out weekly, all other details will remain the same, the only thing changing will be the start/end/payout dates.
Commander Godsmack
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-08-26 12:41:42 UTC
600 mill sent for 6 bonds.

Here's to me first investing ever investing in an offering from someone else. Not even neervous because I'm legitimately stoned on medicinal herion. No pun intended
Charlinda Akheteru
#20 - 2015-08-26 13:29:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Charlinda Akheteru
Confirming receipt of ISK from Commander Godsmack.

With issuance of Commander Godsmack's 6 Bonds, the offer has been filled.

Schedule will be updated shortly.

EDIT: Schedule updated above.
123Next page