These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Consolidated NEW SHIP IDEA thread

Author
Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#1 - 2015-08-24 19:15:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Gunrunner1775
Consolidated NEW SHIP IDEAS thread

1) post ship concept type, leave the numbers and details to the designers
2) ships to hunt down afk cloaking ship, just don’t bother, don’t even bother, go to the afk cloaking thread about that
3) will update list every few days
4) PLEASE limit this to new ship ideas and not get carried away with "thats OP or thats a stupid idea" posts...

FRIGATE:
T3- Frigates

DESTROYER:
- Navy Faction Destroyers

CRUISER:

BATTLECRUISER:
-Remote Boost bonus Battlecruisers
-T3 Battlecruiser

BATTLESHIP:
-T3 Battleship
-Logi Battleship

PIRATE FACTION:
-Pirate Faction Destroyers
-Pirate Faction Battlecruisers

-add more ships to the Jove line of ships (currently have Apothiosis (shuttle) and Gnosis (battlecruiser))

ORE:
-Mining Cruiser’s

CAPITAL SHIPS: (i would prefer to totaly avoid this topic here as this is nothing but a monsterous can of worms)
Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#2 - 2015-08-24 19:16:28 UTC
Navy Faction Destroyers, nuff said

Boost Bonus Battlecruisers:
-Battlecruisers that are built around providing remote sensor boost, and other such forms of remote boosting modules instead of warfare link modules………

(could consolidate this and just add remote boost bonus to current T1/T2 battlecruisers ) giving battlecruisers multiple role options, and do not restrict by empire bonus, give them bonus to all remote boost modules

Would be bonus to: (but possibly not limited to)
-Remote Sensor Booster
-Remote Tracking Computer
-Projected ECCM
Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#3 - 2015-08-24 19:17:36 UTC
ORE Mining Cruiser
It has been said that the mining barge/exhumers are already cruiser sized, I have always considered them battlecruiser/battleship sized.. and that we needed low and mid sized…. The ORE Mining Frigates were introduced not too long ago and had outstanding success it seems.

I suggest an upgrade to the frigate:
I had a couple of ideas… Empire based mining Cruiser’s, I assume that the empire’s would have their own form of the Corp of Engineers ect, and need to mine for minerals to manufacture the ships for the navy. They would not strictly depend on market / 3rd party support to supply the needed raw materials.

ORE Mining Cruiser, a more combat oriented Mining Cruiser

T1: Empire Navy Corp of Engineers Mining Cruiser
T2: ORE Wild Space Mining Cruiser

1) mine as much as ORE Frigate
2) 10,000 m3 cargo (maybe 15,000 m3 for T2)
3) example only, needs work… but figure 8 high slots, 4 for mining lasers (not strip miners) and 4 for weapon turrets or missile launcher (Navy version gets bonus to weapon systems specific to their empire, ORE gets bonus to Hybrid / Missile)
4) more ehp then hulk or mak, less ehp then skiff (about as much ehp as current Cruiser’s)
5) smaller sig then barge/exhumers, bit better speed then either
6) enough damage output that a moderately skilled pilot can defend aginst the rats in C1/C2 wormhole or in null, should have about as much firepower as most T1 cruisers
7) NO stealth… that is the bonus to the ORE Frigate, no bonus to warp core strength, that is for the ORE Frigate

TL/DR: Take a T1 and T2 cruiser, add an ore cargo bay and space for mining lasers and bonus to mining with lasers
Lu Ziffer
Balanced Unity
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2015-08-24 19:22:49 UTC
The classics
-Pirate Faction BCs
-Pirate-Faction Capitals
-supcapital capital killer
- mining capital
-more T3 (biggest classic the T3 titan)
- T2 capitals
-invulnerable freighters and industrials

Mikkir
SHINKETSU Inc.
#5 - 2015-08-24 19:46:04 UTC
Lu Ziffer wrote:
The classics
-Pirate Faction BCs
-Pirate-Faction Capitals
- mining capital
- T2 capitals

Don't forget:
T3 battlships
battleship ewar
battleship logistics
cal/min pirate faction ships

Having said that, I would be interested if they released navy destroyers, just so they can add the extra turret to all those hulls that have an obvious empty hard point.
Gunrunner1775
Empire Hooligans
#6 - 2015-08-24 19:48:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Gunrunner1775
Mikkir wrote:
Lu Ziffer wrote:
The classics
-Pirate Faction BCs
-Pirate-Faction Capitals
- mining capital
- T2 capitals

Don't forget:
T3 battlships
battleship ewar
battleship logistics
cal/min pirate faction ships

Having said that, I would be interested if they released navy destroyers, just so they can add the extra turret to all those hulls that have an obvious empty hard point.

-what is name of the Cal/Min pirate Faction
- clarify what you mean by battleship ewar
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#7 - 2015-08-24 20:35:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Tech III Reapers but dont tell anyone just release them with ability to mount 12 capital class turrets, all turrets bonused for 1000 percent optimal, tracking and rate of fire bonuses, other ridiculous stats as needed.

Can only fire upon Amarr vessels but concord wont interfere.

Revenge of the Minmatar!

Oh, and i want to see a graphic of the 'Rage Reaper' with capital class weapons on it once its existence is widely known.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2015-08-24 21:14:32 UTC
Gunrunner1775 wrote:
1) post ship concept type

No disrespect, but that is your job as OP...
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-08-24 23:01:48 UTC
We have Apotheosis and Gnosis. I'd like to see something between these pair. F/D/C for ecample.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#10 - 2015-08-25 07:18:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarisen Gream
Only thing I would spend my ISK on when it comes to mining ships would be a BS sized boat.

No strip miners.
A gas, ice, and ore version.
Lots of tank, storage, and great yield.

All at a base price of 750 to 1000 million ISK

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-08-25 07:41:31 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
Only thing I would spend my ISK on when it comes to mining ships would be a BS sized boat.

No strip miners.
A gas, ice, and ore version.
Lots of tank, storage, and great yield.

All at a base price of 750 to 1000 million ISK

With such a price tag your annual mining permit should be included by default. Plus it's really should be faction version so you won't get any insurance back with it X

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#12 - 2015-08-25 10:22:37 UTC
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#13 - 2015-08-26 11:29:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#14 - 2015-08-26 12:12:02 UTC
T3 everything.

So that we can get t4 ships after we have t3 everything.
T4 titans.

Just kidding this thread should be copy pasted into bad ideas thread. Roll

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Dwarfageddon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-11-23 19:17:44 UTC
Jump Capable Bowhead with 8-10 LY capacity, a 50 percent reduced exhaustion penalty.

• No offensive capabilities (no drone bay)
  • huge ship maintenance bay
  • Optional Fitting Services
  • Remove limitations on courier of ships with non ammo items in the cargo

An alliance buddy and I were discussing possibly melding the characteristics of the bowhead with a rorqual.
As of right now no ship in the inventory properly fills the gap of providing a much needed (dedicated) role of moving rigged ships from point A to Point B.

Carriers don't really fit the job since the hold is too small, add to this the nerf to capital jump ranges and arguably ridiculous exhaustion component added to the meta of the game this absolutely necessitates a new class of jump capable ship.
JF's don't do this task that well, sure they work but it's at best a jury rigged work around forcing them to try to compress an unpackaged ship into a courier contract which consumes most of its space. It's neither ideal or practical as a compromise.
Khanid Voltar
#16 - 2015-11-23 20:07:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanid Voltar
2 x ORE Transport Ships
1 x ORE Jump Freighter

[edit] Also prefix the skills Mining Barge & Mining Frigate with ORE. So the skill sheet looks tidy not in a goddamn mess.
Zimmer Jones
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-11-23 20:32:46 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/QAzAN2X.png

Accept nothing less from this thread!

Use the force without consent and the court wont acquit you even if you are a card carryin', robe wearin' Jedi.

Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#18 - 2015-11-24 02:35:12 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
CCP, please stick this thread. P

There are new ideas coming every day. Like with tech 2 shuttles.

Something like that? Amarr T3 shuttle
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#19 - 2015-11-24 05:59:04 UTC
Gnosis is Society of Conscious Thought, not Jove

also - there was the mining boost frigate that came up a few weeks back

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.