These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

It's a kind of Magic

Author
Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-08-22 20:25:26 UTC
Jonas Kanjus wrote:
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Bellatrix Invicta wrote:
I got a question for you.

How are you an Emperor of anything when you are clearly female?

You are lack of imagination, not sure how hard to with such limitation Sad

Really, you don't know the difference between an Emperor and an Empress? It's like the difference between a King and a Queen. Someone needs Anatomy 101 again.

Someone needs reading 101 again.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#22 - 2015-08-22 20:31:12 UTC
Can we avoid turning this into a LGBT / weirdo thread, please?

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-08-22 20:31:23 UTC
Jonas Kanjus wrote:
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
... and it is here in the GD section of the forums that we once again find the wishful thinking thread.

Isn't it what everyone comes here for? Describe their own wishes in a hope of blind vision of mother company would pay little attention to?

Maybe in your own sick fantasy. Take that fizzle stick back to whatever fantasy-land you came from and stay there.

Poor pilot Your anger is your main enemy. Please work on that.
Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-08-22 20:37:48 UTC

It's all in you hand darling. I did ask for a simple thing but in unusuall manner and you see what happened here?

Wall of smelling bad biomass brought down with couple of exceptions.

Meaning the majority of pilots overfocused on details and ship stats and sov hysteria.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#25 - 2015-08-22 20:39:35 UTC
... and it is here in the GD section of the forums that we once again find the wishful thinking thread.

I thought all threads in GD where wishful thinking threads :P lol
Jenshae Chiroptera
#26 - 2015-08-22 20:39:40 UTC
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
It's all in you hand darling. ...
I did not quote you so my question was not directed at you specifically.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jonas Kanjus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-08-22 20:42:08 UTC
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Jonas Kanjus wrote:
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
Bellatrix Invicta wrote:
I got a question for you.

How are you an Emperor of anything when you are clearly female?

You are lack of imagination, not sure how hard to with such limitation Sad

Really, you don't know the difference between an Emperor and an Empress? It's like the difference between a King and a Queen. Someone needs Anatomy 101 again.

Someone needs reading 101 again.

Wow, that burn was so bad, it took your hair right off...

My start date to EVE Online: 6/25/2005 8:24:57 AM UTC

Marsha Mallow
#28 - 2015-08-22 21:12:18 UTC
Nothing massive. I'm happy with the current direction, intrigued by all this lore-rp stuff for the first time in years. Delighted by the squeals of the derty blobbers. Generally supportive of CCP with their current direction (and the CSM) because they are doing a much more effective job picking up feedback/ideas than in the past and putting a visible effort into doing so. If anything maybe the community team should be extended, because the only gap I can see atm is they aren't effectively controlling their own narrative. Take a lesson from TMC etc (I'm not saying hire hairgel boy) but get some really strong writers involved to promote your vision for this game, and then sell it. Also, crack out some Dev alt accounts on r/eve and elsewhere and start slapping people about when they slide into utter hysteria. I'm sure the IA dept will join in. We can't fight these battles for you, and it's your job to save, so do it.

Personal wish list would be for some tweaks to this forum. Maybe merge some of the subs together, allow people to customise it (we really need a view last post buttan). It'd be nice to be able to tweak it a bit according to personal taste and have a phone/tablet friendly version. But it's not massively urgent, so not too fussed.

Webvan wrote:
add dislikes to forums

I've been thinking about this one for years, and tbh I think the choice to keep it a 'like' system here is the correct one. The only problem with the karma system seems to me that it promotes groupthink - which is bad in areas where people forum CTA, can use alts, and react to the location/allegiance of the player (rather than the comment). Fair enough, players can mod the trolls out and promote their preferred topics that way, but you can do that just by exercising some restraint and ignoring trolling purely for attention seeking. There are downsides to player moderation of differering perspectives that verge on censorship by people who have learned how to be legit 'elite trolls.'

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#29 - 2015-08-22 21:24:18 UTC
Jonas Kanjus wrote:

Wow, that burn was so bad, it took your hair right off...

What burn you are talking to? I didn't apply any hairs during this toon creation.
Marsha Mallow
#30 - 2015-08-22 21:37:32 UTC
Emperor Furiosa wrote:
What burn you are talking to? I didn't apply any hairs during this toon creation.

Me maybe. I prefer to sizzle though.

What was your 'magic wand' solution, anyway?

I don't have one, so maybe you don't, but I do love the song. Worth linking for people who haven't seen/heard (bizarrely, some haven't)

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#31 - 2015-08-22 21:42:06 UTC
I'd find a way to make all the wallflowers more social, so that one doesn't find it so hard to make friends.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#32 - 2015-08-22 22:12:06 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Webvan wrote:
add dislikes to forums

I've been thinking about this one for years, and tbh I think the choice to keep it a 'like' system here is the correct one. The only problem with the karma system seems to me that it promotes groupthink - which is bad in areas where people forum CTA, can use alts, and react to the location/allegiance of the player (rather than the comment). Fair enough, players can mod the trolls out and promote their preferred topics that way, but you can do that just by exercising some restraint and ignoring trolling purely for attention seeking. There are downsides to player moderation of differering perspectives that verge on censorship by people who have learned how to be legit 'elite trolls.'
Well I just wanted to knock one off the OP to read -1, but yeah... Smile

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Another Posting Alt
Zerious Fricken Biziness
#33 - 2015-08-22 23:50:25 UTC
No lag in AU.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#34 - 2015-08-22 23:53:39 UTC
Another Posting Alt wrote:
No lag in AU.
AU ever tried joining the Chinese server? It is closer.

Not even once

Marsha Mallow
#35 - 2015-08-23 00:01:52 UTC
One dream

Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#36 - 2015-08-23 00:08:43 UTC
This rage that lasts a thousand replys
Will soon be done!

Waiting for my lovely ISD...
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#37 - 2015-08-23 00:11:00 UTC
Jill Xelitras wrote:
Webvan wrote:
add dislikes to forums

only if it lowers the count of likes received rather than adding to a dislikes received number... the forum version of going negative 10.

I can see it now.... Scamming people into posting in the Dislike and Be Disliked thread. Alas, poor Likes, I knew you well."
Marsha Mallow
#38 - 2015-08-23 00:12:55 UTC
One soul

You started it

Emperor Furiosa
Doomheim
#39 - 2015-08-23 00:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Emperor Furiosa
One goal
Marsha Mallow
#40 - 2015-08-23 00:18:34 UTC