These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why all the hate on sov ?

Author
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#81 - 2015-08-18 04:48:04 UTC
Gatecamp sov should require you to use some sort of laser on the gate...

Call it a gatelink.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#82 - 2015-08-18 04:48:53 UTC
Sentamon wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

One of the answers is to force the attacker to commit to attacking, remove entosis links from anything smaller than a cruiser.

How is this an answer? If pilots can't bypass gatecamps because their ship is too big you'll be able to protect hundreds of systems 99% of the time with one gatecamp.

He're another answer, stop trying to control everything and unblue some people.

What's the answer to a gatecamp? FRIENDS! Preferably in BLOPS(Don't do it too often or else you might get counter-dropped). No friends? Too bad the other side wins because they commited more pilots and time than you!

No one ever said taking sov was easy from a group of organized people.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#83 - 2015-08-18 04:51:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Yang Aurilen wrote:
What's the answer to a gatecamp? FRIENDS! Preferably in BLOPS(Don't do it too often or else you might get counter-dropped). No friends? Too bad the other side wins because they commited more pilots and time than you!

No one ever said taking sov was easy from a group of organized people.

It should be, if not we need more sov lasers and fast-aligning, fast-warpspeed, interdiction-nullified platforms for them

EDIT: Actually just go around, in your fast-aligning, fast-warpseed, interdiction-nullfied sovlaser platform it should be easy, though getting through ec- isn't that hard anyway as your platform should be a fast-aligning, fast-warpseed, interdiction-nullfied one

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#84 - 2015-08-18 04:54:22 UTC
Arthur Direction wrote:

Made no claims as to whom was camping said gates.

You simply made the claim that "people" weren't

And while most would agree that Goons don't quite qualify as "people", you overreached and generalized to make a completely indefensible claim.

Did I?

Generally the only gatecamps to be found in our space are in ec- and even then its only around 2-5 ships flown by other people hostile to us. Saying you cant get cruisers into our space is an outright lie.
Arthur Direction
I Accidentally Basilisks
#85 - 2015-08-18 06:04:11 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Arthur Direction wrote:

And while most would agree that Goons don't quite qualify as "people", you overreached and generalized to make a completely indefensible claim.

Did I?

Generally the only gatecamps to be found in our space are in ec- and even then its only around 2-5 ships flown by other people hostile to us. Saying you cant get cruisers into our space is an outright lie.

Now you are going to fabricate a story that I claimed Cruisers couldn't get through your space?

The only thing I am doing here is pointing out how absolutely absurd your post was, and now I get to point out how you are a liar as well.

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#86 - 2015-08-18 06:13:45 UTC
How disingenuous of you, as expected of GD

Salvos Rhoska
#87 - 2015-08-18 10:10:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Sentamon wrote:

Oh come on now. If you want fights and more people in null, you don't make the entry point T3 cruisers that cause skill loss on death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3uTVTBKb_E

Try doing something fun for a change.

Great vid. I really enjoyed that.

Didnt completely understand a great deal of the commentary, due to being terrible at pvp, but it taught me a lot about advanced pvp techniques I had never considered.

Its a bit dated, but isnt this quite a strong case for trollceptors actually having a place as they are now in EVE?

He's not using Entosis for sov per se, but rather to entice a fight from the occupants. Sure he picks his fights carefully, and there isnt much stopping him from running if necessary, but he seems to be having a ball and is creating content for himself and the defense occupants.
Hemmo Paskiainen
#88 - 2015-08-18 13:08:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Hemmo Paskiainen
Brian Harrelstein wrote:
Quote:
GREYSCALE & GOONS KILLED EVE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Roll

I have been soo kind to fix it for you.

The correct answer to the OP's question should be: Emotional Attachment to your own perception in your own mind.

It has something to do with the old prehistoric food gathering & rewarding mechanism in our mind.

Monkeys in the Zoo respond on the same way if you stop their daily banana diet, and give them tomato's instead.

Just keeeep continuing to swallow the blue donut... wasn't all that Technetium a goood thing!

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Jenshae Chiroptera
#89 - 2015-08-18 13:36:37 UTC
Arthur Direction wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Arthur Direction wrote:
Confirmed no one gatecamps in 0.0 ever...
Just the top kill systems in 0.0 happen to be null/empire gateway systems. But I am sure it is just massive capital fights happening over all that prime real estate... that of course is never camped.
You have had some interesting posts in your lifetime, but this one was pure comedic gold.
I'll let you in on a secret, Highsec organisations camp the ec- gate more than we do.

Y-MP is gate camped by Honourable Third Party about as much as Volt.
Hostiles camping our gate.
Sentamon wrote:
Oh come on now. If you want fights and more people in null, you don't make the entry point T3 cruisers that cause skill loss on death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3uTVTBKb_E
Try doing something fun for a change.
I turned off notifications a long time ago. They are too annoying.
I suspect eventually that most everyone will do the same and only respond to real threats and not time wasters like that guy.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#90 - 2015-08-18 18:32:05 UTC
Arthur Direction wrote:

Now you are going to fabricate a story that I claimed Cruisers couldn't get through your space?

The only thing I am doing here is pointing out how absolutely absurd your post was, and now I get to point out how you are a liar as well.

You jumped in the defend someone who said that.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#91 - 2015-08-19 12:25:55 UTC
To me, this says, "We will keep adding spices and shoving until you swallow it."

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.