These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Which Alliance Team had the Vargurs?

Author
Samuel Ling
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-08-16 05:39:35 UTC
I missed the early match where one team had Vargurs. Does anyone know which one it was?
Sounded like a fun matchup to watch.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-08-16 05:52:37 UTC
Samuel Ling wrote:
I missed the early match where one team had Vargurs. Does anyone know which one it was?
Sounded like a fun matchup to watch.

CVA, ironically.
First match of them I saw where they did not fly Amarrian.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Samuel Ling
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-08-16 06:05:19 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Samuel Ling wrote:
I missed the early match where one team had Vargurs. Does anyone know which one it was?
Sounded like a fun matchup to watch.

CVA, ironically.
First match of them I saw where they did not fly Amarrian.

How did they do against The Tuskers?
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-08-16 06:48:29 UTC
Samuel Ling wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Samuel Ling wrote:
I missed the early match where one team had Vargurs. Does anyone know which one it was?
Sounded like a fun matchup to watch.

CVA, ironically.
First match of them I saw where they did not fly Amarrian.

How did they do against The Tuskers?


No idea.
I just got to see a single fight of the AT yesterday, and that was CVA vs. Mayhem.
CVA won.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#5 - 2015-08-17 12:34:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Jandice Ymladris
The Tuskers won against CVA, but they're still in the Tournament, but are now in the Elimination bracket.

I'm keeping track of the Tournament on my IC blog here: 13th Alliance Tournament first weekend results where you can find who's eliminated this weekend, noticeable stuff & rule violations & their handling.

If you prefer a more direct link of who fights who and in which part of the tournament they fight( Undefeated vs Elimination) Go here: Official 13th Alliance Tournament bracket

Edit: If you want to review a match, you can go to the ISD channel here: Interstellar Service Departement
The vids are per day & per system, so should be easy to locate once you know when & where it happened.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#6 - 2015-08-17 19:27:13 UTC
Samuel Ling wrote:
I missed the early match where one team had Vargurs. Does anyone know which one it was?
Sounded like a fun matchup to watch.

Did they even have bastion modules?

I was surprised they didn't seem to enter bastion for maybe more than one cycle for each Vargur, based upon their velocity changes: kind of makes using a point-expensive Vargur somewhat erm... pointless, doesn't it?

The first Vargur may have entered bastion at the start, then never again. The second Vargur may have entered bastion later in the match. Oddly neither did when the outcome of the match seemed set in stone, and in their favour.

There was also a match with a Golem, and I didn't notice bastion on it at all.

Only watched the first system / day of matches so far. I've not actually found a source for the other matches. Cry

I also miss the commentary.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-08-17 19:37:33 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:

I also miss the commentary.


Squeebles' stream (http://www.twitch.tv/sirsqueebles) had quite a decent (and non-annyoing) commentary.
I stumbled into it by pure chance, CCP should have advertised those commented streams much better IMHO.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#8 - 2015-08-17 19:44:32 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Samuel Ling wrote:
I missed the early match where one team had Vargurs. Does anyone know which one it was?
Sounded like a fun matchup to watch.


Did they even have bastion modules?


I also miss the commentary.


Bastion modules are not allowed for this tournament.

Also regarding commentaries, CCP doesn't do those in the first weekend (this was also in the 12th tournament, where they didn't provide commentaries in the first & second weekend, but did provide them in the third & fourth weekend)
As this tournament is only 3 weekends, with the first weekend having double matches, I suspect commentaries will be provided for the second & third weekend, as those will also be streamed by CCP (unlike this first weekend which was streamed by ISD & other volunteers)

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#9 - 2015-08-17 19:45:57 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
The Tuskers won against CVA, but they're still in the Tournament, but are now in the Elimination bracket.

I'm keeping track of the Tournament on my IC blog here: 13th Alliance Tournament first weekend results where you can find who's eliminated this weekend, noticeable stuff & rule violations & their handling.

If you prefer a more direct link of who fights who and in which part of the tournament they fight( Undefeated vs Elimination) Go here: Official 13th Alliance Tournament bracket

Edit: If you want to review a match, you can go to the ISD channel here: Interstellar Service Departement
The vids are per day & per system, so should be easy to locate once you know when & where it happened.


Uhh you know CCP stands for Crowd Control Productions right?

Not today spaghetti.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#10 - 2015-08-17 19:48:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jandice Ymladris
Sexy Cakes wrote:


Uhh you know CCP stands for Crowd Control Productions right?


I do, but for an ingame viewpoint it works a bit odd Lol closest nice representation would be Concord, hence Concord Command Personnel (CCP) which is a nice poke at CCP dev's power ingame.

Remember, when you're in the tournament, you're part of the game & it's lore Blink

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#11 - 2015-08-17 20:12:03 UTC
Nulli Secunda brought vargurs vs That escalated quickly. second match on squeebs stream. ~35mins in. I'm just watching the matches now. Pretty sure this is the day one stream.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Jenshae Chiroptera
#12 - 2015-08-17 20:19:03 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Squeebles' stream (http://www.twitch.tv/sirsqueebles) had quite a decent (and non-annyoing) commentary.
The burst of sound, "Well!" "Well!" and the beginning of sentences was fairly annoying, sounded like he distorted his microphone or something.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#13 - 2015-08-17 20:35:03 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
Bastion modules are not allowed for this tournament.

TIL. Thanks!
Salvos Rhoska
#14 - 2015-08-17 20:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:

I also miss the commentary.


Squeebles' stream (http://www.twitch.tv/sirsqueebles) had quite a decent (and non-annyoing) commentary.
I stumbled into it by pure chance, CCP should have advertised those commented streams much better IMHO.

Also stumbled upon it after finding some other streams immediately annoying.

I didnt understand most of the commentary, but learned a hell of a lot, and enjoyed all of it on this channel last night.

If sirsqueebles is reading, constructive feedback would be he occassionally spent more time reminding expert panel to spend less time on their answers, than they actually did answering them :D

Nonetheless, great stream. Will stay tuned.
Samuel Ling
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-08-17 23:06:55 UTC
So if you can't use Bastion, I don't get why they would fly Vargurs in the first place. Maybe I'm missing something here for strategy.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#16 - 2015-08-17 23:43:51 UTC
Samuel Ling wrote:
So if you can't use Bastion, I don't get why they would fly Vargurs in the first place. Maybe I'm missing something here for strategy.
Solid damage from 4 slots leaving 4 more open for neuts?

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#17 - 2015-08-18 03:19:30 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Samuel Ling wrote:
So if you can't use Bastion, I don't get why they would fly Vargurs in the first place. Maybe I'm missing something here for strategy.
Solid damage from 4 slots leaving 4 more open for neuts?

with projection and some damage type selection, plus a decent tank and good resist profile.

that said the low sensor strength is a gamble.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#18 - 2015-08-18 03:26:08 UTC
Marauders have higher base resists also, if not full T2 resists. And extra bonuses relative to battleships.
So they are actually ships worth using without Bastion. Just their price tag in isk isn't relative to their increase in effect and difficulty to skill towards. But since Isk is no object for AT teams, and they have very high skills, it's not the same sort of issue.