These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Collective petition about fozziesov

First post First post First post
Author
Inquisitor Tyr
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#541 - 2015-08-16 23:48:25 UTC
Introduction:

Every problem you sited is exactly the way it is supposed to work.
- It limits mega alliances from controlling vast swathes of space
- It allows low SP players to participate in the best part of EVE.

I agree, there are some minor tweaks needed.

Conclusion:

Some xxDeath guy is just mad because he cant keep his slave-ling rental alliances running without doing any real work!

@ the OP - go fly a kite.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#542 - 2015-08-16 23:50:17 UTC
That's funny, coming from a guy who's alliance head is a signatory.
Looks like you might be in with the wrong crowd chief.
Inquisitor Tyr
Blank-Space
Northern Coalition.
#543 - 2015-08-17 00:17:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Inquisitor Tyr
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:

"If there are two people in a room and both of them agree, then one of them is useless" - Mark Twain.

Thankfully, there are lots of people in our crowd that have different perspectives.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#544 - 2015-08-17 00:23:12 UTC
Inquisitor Tyr wrote:
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:

"If there are two people in a room and both of them agree, then one of them is useless" - Mark Twain.

Thankfully, there are lots of people in our crowd that have different perspectives.

Fair point, though one would expect an alliance head to speak for the whole, or at least the majority. Such is why we do not have a signatory, even though many of our members are outspoken critics of this terrible sov iteration.
Budsin Adar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#545 - 2015-08-17 00:24:33 UTC

Even myself I don't live there, but i do agree with what has been spoken to all of FozzieCCP. Before all Hell breaks loose. The way FozzieCCP Sov is set I agree with the null sec people. The thing is doing so as is will and can be a pain. But they do have the same rights as if you attacked the pos or sov structure. When they have there own personal gates then that speed can be set or reduced depends on ship . What wrong with large fleets fighting is a node totally seperate from the high sec grids which still can be felt needs to be fixed. What was said here I am in total agreement personally. Everyone in Null sec has there rights to be heard but hey don't ever limit the fun. what ever it is they all want to do!!. If a war comes i can see all of them ganging up on CCP I know the battle would be harsh But CCP realise this they will hunt you down and tear you to shreads. So do you want an all out war? hmm i bet not!!!Pirate
Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#546 - 2015-08-17 00:27:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Murkar Omaristos
Vlad Draculesti wrote:
Murkar Omaristos wrote:
+1

Despite people whining that this relates to rental income, the OP is right. This system puts null holders on the defensive during vulnerability timers, which undermines the ability to fight for content elsewhere.

Which is why you get to set your vulnerability timer to when you are active. If you are unable to defend your space during the period of time that your alliance is most active means that you do not deserve to live in that space.

You obviously either didn't read my post, or lack the capacity to comprehend it. My point was that timezone overlap means active alliance remain in their home systems during vulnerability timers to defend rather than roaming around to fight. Everyone being on the defensive during their busiest time zone generates a lack of content.

EDIT: Just read further. Good to see I wasn't unclear, because Gallowmere obviously understood my point.
Mike Thalos
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#547 - 2015-08-17 01:05:34 UTC
+1
Mai Khumm
#548 - 2015-08-17 01:43:02 UTC
I'm out of popcorn!

**** sakes, I need more popcorn!!!
John Wolfcastle
Mining and Industry Society.
#549 - 2015-08-17 06:25:07 UTC
I just checked some things:
1. On a activly used (and therefore fully upgraded) system, the vulnerable time window is 3hours big (devblog once mentioned 4hours).
2. On a fully upgraded system, entosing something takes around 60minutes.
3. According to Devblog, everyone in system gets a message + notifcation about the attack.

So you don't have to sit all the time and wait to defend these objects. Having one or two alt-scouts in system should be far enough to catch the message of an attacker to call back part of the fleet, it doesn't always have to be one big bulk of ships for everything.

Counternumbers:
1. Totally unused system (beside moon-mining) takes 10minutes to entose.
2. Totally unused system has a vulnerable timewindow up to 18hours.
"You didn't need that space anyway", that's why it's so hard to defend.
infectuz SR
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#550 - 2015-08-17 06:44:14 UTC
+1 to the original Post
Covert Cynosural
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#551 - 2015-08-17 08:42:43 UTC
I like Fozzie Sov
You guys in 0.0 shouldn't have that much space and power. Let smaller alliance's have some too
Aventus Klapto
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#552 - 2015-08-17 08:49:04 UTC
Covert Cynosural wrote:
I like Fozzie Sov
You guys in 0.0 shouldn't have that much space and power. Let smaller alliance's have some too

Good luck. Have you tried to take Sov in a standard 'small alliance' in FozzieSov. It's not going to happen, unless it's dead, worthless space that isn't worth the time of day contesting.
Prock Landers
Rat Nation
Azure Citizen
#553 - 2015-08-17 08:50:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Prock Landers
Add me and my alliance to this petition.

But i believe we wont accomplish anything with it.. CCP got what they wanted with this.
Stable servers.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#554 - 2015-08-17 09:43:57 UTC
UAxDEATH wrote:
Sovereignty is absolutely unprotected against sov trolling

No, it's unprotected if you leave it unprotected.

Frankly I find your list of "demands" followed by an "or else" to be infantile and utterly unbecoming for a memeber of the CSM, even if you were a second choice/step up.

Start acting like an adult and stop being part of the problem.
Andrej Minni
Russian Space Academy
PEPE SQUAD
#555 - 2015-08-17 10:53:18 UTC
+1
Kanzero
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#556 - 2015-08-17 10:59:06 UTC
There are some good points, mainly:

- entosis should stop a ship or at least shut its prop mods. That would remove most trolls. / important
- in game interface where all data is visible at a glance / somewhat important
- reducing the number of nodes / possibly important
blueskydragonFX
Konigreich Preuben
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#557 - 2015-08-17 11:08:20 UTC
I support this as a Provi-Block member.

Since this new sov mechanic there's been few big fights in Provi. Goons didn't show up to take Provi with the new mechanics prove enough that the mechanic is broken and non rewarding. All the large scale battles in Eve have come to a halt. Normally a hostile fleet would ref a hub/station to get the attention for a huge fight but now all you have to do is send a a small detachment of snipers to take out the ship that Ethosis the structure and be done with it.

CCP, in the past you made good decisions and bad ones. Like the Production/Research Teams, which you guys removed after it being a complete failure. Rethink about this sov mechanic because it's killing your players with boredom. Eve24News has rarely reports of huge battles since this new sov mechanic and are now reporting that Provi is being camped by hotdroppers (which we have always been :3)

You're killing the player base with all of this.

Fozziesov
Jump Fatigue
Massive decrease in null to null wormholes

Stop messing up your player base and listen to them. Don't be like the politicians of this world because everyone hates politicians.
Hinamori Tsesuda
The Catalan Grand Company
Asteria Concord.
#558 - 2015-08-17 11:58:08 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Hinamori Tsesuda wrote:
... but hey were you actually using those systems?...
Yes, we are. Now try think of all the ways that we do that aren't mining or ratting.
Give you a hint to start you off; there are other infrastructure hub upgrades.

Like what? Industry, moon harvesting, WH and stuff like that?
Go ahead, but you own that system only as much as you are willing to defend it and keep it populated.

If you don't like troll-ceptors... Too bad :)

o7

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#559 - 2015-08-17 12:26:32 UTC
Covert Cynosural wrote:
I like Fozzie Sov

The problem with this statement, is that it makes you out to believe that there is this group of underprivileged players who just wish they could take some sov of their own. Spoiler alert: there isn't. If there were, we wouldn't be making money hand over fist with the new rental model.

This actually appears to be becoming even more true, now that players are seeing just how awful these new sov mechanics are. Those who want sov already have it. The rest will continue to be dead systems, because there is no reason for anyone to invest the effort and resources into taking and holding them. Trollceptoring is easy. Holding space after the fact is still at the whim of anyone bigger who doesn't want them there. Your small alliance that can field 50 guys? What do you think would happen if we decided we didn't like you, and rolled through with a few hundred trollceptors?

Yeah, exactly. Nothing has been fixed. It's just been made somehow more mind numbing than structure shoots.
Pierre Cheriende
Based And Redpilled.
Till Doomsday
#560 - 2015-08-17 12:39:55 UTC
As a simple minion i support this petition