These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

If you think your subsciption is ending: CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT STATUS

Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#21 - 2015-08-15 23:38:49 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I suspect that some coder screwed up a line of code and re-upped everyone on a non-recurring plan. Else it would be a real underhanded move that will get them flooded with petitions. Much more trouble than it's worth. ...
"The ones staying won't mind. The ones leaving, who cares? They are leaving anyway."

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#22 - 2015-08-16 02:52:05 UTC
Hmm

I've never had an option for a non- recurring subscription.
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#23 - 2015-08-16 05:46:04 UTC
I don't recall ever having one either. I'd always just go straight to cancelling right after paying the sub.
StarRanger
Atlantis Kingdom
Reckless Contingency.
#24 - 2015-08-16 08:39:38 UTC
Ahhh, now i understand why my normal billing option "pay by iDEAL" is gone few months back, lol

iDEAL is available in my country (the Netherlands) and is a one-time option for billing to my bank, and i always got a mail from CCP when my sub was about to end again. I always had to do that myself (which i liked).

Now last time i payed with the new option "pay by PayPal" and it got automatically billed a few days ago to my surprise (after the 3-months sub i bought last).

Sneaky option, i will think about this Pirate

🌟 Playing with spaceships since 2003, serious business! 🚀

Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#25 - 2015-08-16 12:17:10 UTC
StarRanger wrote:
Ahhh, now i understand why my normal billing option "pay by iDEAL" is gone few months back, lol

iDEAL is available in my country (the Netherlands) and is a one-time option for billing to my bank, and i always got a mail from CCP when my sub was about to end again. I always had to do that myself (which i liked).

Now last time i payed with the new option "pay by PayPal" and it got automatically billed a few days ago to my surprise (after the 3-months sub i bought last).

You probably have it backwards. I have been playing since 2009 and in the US there have never been any non-recurring subscription options. So I would bet that recurring subscriptions have always been the norm, and in some countries with payments like iDEAL have some restriction that don't allow for automatic payments.
Max Fubarticus
K Diamond Holding LTD.
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#26 - 2015-08-16 14:15:55 UTC
Myriad Blaze wrote:
If you think your subscription is ending, you better check your account status. Both my accounts were switched from "cancelled" to "active" without notification.

It seems that CCP changed their payment options a while ago and removed the non-recurring payment option. Taking into account what happened to me, I believe that they also switched all accounts that used a non-recurring payment option to have a recurring payment scheme now. Conveniently for CCP that also changed the "ending date" for the account to a "rebilling date".

I was on my way out anyway, because I don't like what CCP is doing to the game. This only reaffirms my decision.

Wishing you fair winds and following seas Big smile

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#27 - 2015-08-16 14:45:32 UTC
Thanks for this. I remembered to be on a non-recurring payment option, but when I checked I wasn't. I can't really tell for sure if my memory is wrong or if something changed, but you saved me 130,- odd bucks, 'cause I want out.
StarRanger
Atlantis Kingdom
Reckless Contingency.
#28 - 2015-08-16 18:34:49 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
StarRanger wrote:

You probably have it backwards. I have been playing since 2009 and in the US there have never been any non-recurring subscription options. So I would bet that recurring subscriptions have always been the norm, and in some countries with payments like iDEAL have some restriction that don't allow for automatic payments.

hmm, probably, but a reminder that PayPal can be automatically resubbed would have been a nice service of CCP, or should i have read the small notes somewhere , lol ? Lol

🌟 Playing with spaceships since 2003, serious business! 🚀

Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#29 - 2015-08-18 14:25:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
Nam Dnilb wrote:
I want out.

Please contract your belongings to UaE.

Did I do it right this time?

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Previous page12