These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Eve and its community

First post
Author
Elsa Hayes
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-08-14 23:05:02 UTC
While it feels that the general community has gone down hill I have come to realize that compared to other games the eve online crowd still has 1 advantage, at least you people have some sort of cognitive power and intelligence, compared to the gaming crowd of other games, most recently World of Warships I am aghast at the amount of stupidity being brought forward by that forum crowd.

I thought the WoW crowd was bottom line, oh how was I wrong ....

Even if the community is not what is was before it is still worlds beyond other games out there .....
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#2 - 2015-08-14 23:17:18 UTC
*monocles closer*
*puffs cigar*

... mmmmMMMmmmm... do tell of some examples. I would much enjoy this... as would the collective ego of the forums here.

OOOOOOOO... we should make a thread dedicated to the worst of the worst on other forums!

*gets down on knees*
Oh great and mighty ISDs!! I beseech thee!!
What would be the legality of such a thread dedicated to the angstiest of the angsty forums out there?
Natalia Abre-Kai
#3 - 2015-08-14 23:27:46 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
*monocles closer*
*puffs cigar*

... mmmmMMMmmmm... do tell of some examples. I would much enjoy this... as would the collective ego of the forums here.

OOOOOOOO... we should make a thread dedicated to the worst of the worst on other forums!

*gets down on knees*
Oh great and mighty ISDs!! I beseech thee!!
What would be the legality of such a thread dedicated to the angstiest of the angsty forums out there?

Helps to read what the OP said, must be hard for you though. Roll
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2015-08-14 23:30:43 UTC
There are toxic people in all communities, not to mention the perception of who is toxic and who is not is different from person to person.

To say one community is more toxic than another is kinda pointless and not really quantifiable.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#5 - 2015-08-14 23:39:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
ShahFluffers wrote:

That would be any thread in The Clinic at cyclingnews.com

Tinfoil doesn't begin to describe the formal attire required to post there, however it's sometimes difficult to tell the real from the fake as there are a lot of professional and former professional cyclists there also. That just makes some of the real stories about drugs in sport stranger than any fiction would make up.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#6 - 2015-08-14 23:44:48 UTC
Same old "loud" mouths drowning out the rest.
We really should step back.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#7 - 2015-08-15 00:31:16 UTC
Elsa Hayes wrote:
While it feels that the general community has gone down hill

That's over the hill, not down hill, mr. forum alt. Down hill has nothing to do with crotchety while over the hill does. Roll

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#8 - 2015-08-15 00:38:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
I checked out the World of Warships GD.

I'll be honest here. I didn't see a lot of difference in attitude from what we do here. They argue over content. They call each other idiots for liking one ship over another. They lay into the company for perceived or real flaws in content, fit or modeling. They fight over which ship is better.

I read posts that could well have been written by Kaarous, Jenn, Jen or Tippia. Nothing like what we get from UAE though. He's a pretty unique character and that's the truth.

So...no. Not much difference at all.

Mr Epeen Cool
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#9 - 2015-08-15 00:47:45 UTC
what a backhanded compliment, im impressed .

had you posted with your main i might even have indulged you with some mock outrage.

fair point though about other games
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#10 - 2015-08-15 00:51:34 UTC
All forum communities are equally terrible imo.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#11 - 2015-08-15 02:27:39 UTC
Confirming that the crowds that inhabit F2P games make even the worst GD troll look like Nuclear Physicists.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#12 - 2015-08-15 02:39:09 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Confirming that the crowds that inhabit F2P games make even the worst GD troll look like Nuclear Physicists.

this is truer than you know
Quote:
Hey everyone,

While we want to encourage everyone to show their approval or agreement by using the "like" button, spamming someone by "liking" their entire feed is not allowed.

Why?
Per the EA Terms of Service, Section 11, you're in violation if you "harass, threaten, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages", which would include "hooah" spamming.

"like" spamming is generally done to annoy, harass or even intimidate another user, and this type of conduct is not welcome on Battlelog.

If found to be harassing others by "like" spamming, you will be temporarily removed from the Battlelog Community.
If you're getting spammed, please report the user to our TOS team by clicking the ! on their profile and contact a moderator/admin (do not publicly Name & Shame though).

Thanks!

/Battlelog Community Staff
Straight
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-08-15 03:30:22 UTC
For how massive this game's population is, it has to have the slowest moving official forums.

You guys were much more talkative last year.

I guess you guys grew up a bit and realized how depressing you are.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#14 - 2015-08-15 04:49:34 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
There are toxic people in all communities, not to mention the perception of who is toxic and who is not is different from person to person.

To say one community is more toxic than another is kinda pointless and not really quantifiable.

that's just because nobody bothered to introduce a metric till now.

Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
#15 - 2015-08-15 06:13:35 UTC
Well.. I have been trolled ridiculed and laughed at every now and then in online games that i have played both in game and on forums cause i am a sore looser and get mad pretty easy :p BUT i can say for sure that eve players are squirt guns compared to bazookas of the Dota , Heroes of Newerth player communities. Those people are str8 up ******** and won't think twice before cursing and threataning ones own family and other crazy stuff like that..

So yea, il take the eve community erry day

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#16 - 2015-08-15 06:34:19 UTC
Starbuck05 wrote:
So yea, il take the eve community erry day
Actually I think some of the craziest **** has happened in/with EVE. Remember like that incident that caused a CSM to resign a few years back Smile I think those other communities are small potatoes to the potential destruction the EVE community can do on others and onto themselves. But others just try too hard perhaps, while true vileness takes a level of skill, aptitude and timing. Plus, if you screw up here really bad, you have more to lose compared to dota's and f2p's, so I think that also keeps things in check around here to some degree.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#17 - 2015-08-15 07:05:19 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
For how massive this game's population is, it has to have the slowest moving official forums.

You guys were much more talkative last year.

I guess you guys grew up a bit and realized how depressing you are.

No, ISD's ongoing campaign to get EVE players posting on 3rd party forums has been a great sucess.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

ISD Buldath
#18 - 2015-08-15 07:09:29 UTC
I am still here because of this community.

And because I may be slightly masochistic

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.

Thorn en Distel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-08-15 08:17:21 UTC
ISD Buldath wrote:
I am still here because of this community.

And because I may be slightly masochistic

What, just SLIGHTLY??? P
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-08-15 08:23:51 UTC  |  Edited by: La Rynx
Elsa Hayes wrote:
While it feels that the general community has gone down hill I have come to realize that compared to other games the eve online crowd still has 1 advantage, at least you people have some sort of cognitive power and intelligence, compared to the gaming crowd of other games, most recently World of Warships I am aghast at the amount of stupidity being brought forward by that forum crowd.

I thought the WoW crowd was bottom line, oh how was I wrong ....

Even if the community is not what is was before it is still worlds beyond other games out there .....

I beg to differ.

I do not now about the down hill thing, but the community here shares the the place with the lowets coms around.
Good that the ingame comunity is far better.

And those cognitive powers...
a well thats pointless, like almost all discussions here.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

123Next page