These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tararan is Won! The Republic is Crumbling!

Author
Cyril Nethrad
Yawm ad-Din
#61 - 2015-08-13 07:26:08 UTC
Satja Askariin wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Arrendis wrote:
This is in incredibly poor taste, especially considering the subject objects to having her image used this way, and has not given her permission for her likeness to be reproduced.

Isn't it a nice feeling getting completely objectified by someone else without being asked for permission? I'd hate it, too!

And now think about slavery...

Because clearly the best way to make a meaningful point about the nature of slavery is to objectify a respectable woman who was herself a slave and does not practice the institution, not being of sufficient rank to personally own slaves herself.

That's not what I said and as you can see I did not answer to Miss Kernher. What I wanted to point out is the double moral standards of those bigots in this thread, who do not oppose slavery when it's about my people, but are outraged about someone "of their chosen kind" to be objectified without consent.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#62 - 2015-08-13 07:31:33 UTC
Getting away from the frankly stupid image...

I think it's a bit much to say that the republic is crumbling. The Empire didn't crumble when we were on the back foot. The Republic didn't crumble when we won the entire warzone.

One system is a start in this fight but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#63 - 2015-08-13 07:53:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Arrendis
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Satja Askariin wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Arrendis wrote:
This is in incredibly poor taste, especially considering the subject objects to having her image used this way, and has not given her permission for her likeness to be reproduced.

Isn't it a nice feeling getting completely objectified by someone else without being asked for permission? I'd hate it, too!

Because clearly the best way to make a meaningful point about the nature of slavery is to objectify a respectable woman who was herself a slave and does not practice the institution, not being of sufficient rank to personally own slaves herself.

That's not what I said and as you can see I did not answer to Miss Kernher. What I wanted to point out is the double moral standards of those bigots in this thread, who do not oppose slavery when it's about my people, but are outraged about someone "of their chosen kind" to be objectified without consent.

No, you answered to me. You leveled your initial bit of ironicly holier-than-thou venom at a Matari Goon? Seriously? Someone who doesn't believe in slavery, and whose organization has thrown its support behind Maximilian Singularity's campaign to end slavery in the Empire by any means necessary?

What's next, lecturing Mizhara on why she should support the Republic?
Lord Kailethre
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#64 - 2015-08-13 08:05:47 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Satja Askariin wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Arrendis wrote:

No, you answered to me. You leveled your initial bit of ironicly holier-than-thou venom at a Matari Goon? Seriously? Someone who doesn't believe in slavery, and whose organization has thrown its support behind Maximilian Singularity's campaign to end slavery in the Empire by any means necessary?

You can't debate with fanatics, either of the religious or the freedumbs variety.
Don't waste your letters.
Cyril Nethrad
Yawm ad-Din
#65 - 2015-08-13 08:08:35 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Satja Askariin wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Arrendis wrote:

Okay, granted! I shouldn't have answered to anyone directly. I apologize for pointing at you, Miss Arrendis. I was angry and that was a bad move.

But this doesn't change the fact that this thread is full of slaver bigotry - I just picked the wrong example to make my point.
Cyril Nethrad
Yawm ad-Din
#66 - 2015-08-13 08:10:55 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:
You can't debate with fanatics, either of the religious or the freedumbs variety.

Maybe you should at least try to debate with me before telling everybody it would be a waste of time?
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#67 - 2015-08-13 08:14:27 UTC
Cyril Nethrad wrote:

Okay, granted! I shouldn't have answered to anyone directly. I apologize for pointing at you, Miss Arrendis. I was angry and that was a bad move.

But this doesn't change the fact that this thread is full of slaver bigotry - I just picked the wrong example to make my point.

Apology accepted. And every thread's full of all sorts of horrible bigotry... except the stuff against those free-drone-love Gallente, that's not too bad.
Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#68 - 2015-08-13 08:31:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyn Farel
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Satja Askariin wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Arrendis wrote:

It works both ways then, no ?

I am pretty sure some Matari just defended this... thing... under the guise of satire.

Disgusting pigs.
Lord Kailethre
Oruze Cruise
White Stag Exit Bag
#69 - 2015-08-13 08:50:17 UTC
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:

Maybe you should at least try to debate with me before telling everybody it would be a waste of time?

No offence, but all the posts on the IGS are a waste of time.
Some just happen to be more amusing than others.
Cyril Nethrad
Yawm ad-Din
#70 - 2015-08-13 08:52:23 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Satja Askariin wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Arrendis wrote:

It works both ways then, no ?

I am pretty sure some Matari just defended this... thing... under the guise of satire.

Disgusting pigs.

You're right, but that doesn't make it any better and can in no way be an excuse for anything!
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#71 - 2015-08-13 08:56:18 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Cyril Nethrad wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:

No offence, but all the posts on the IGS are a waste of time.
Some just happen to be more amusing than others.

I come here to find something to snark at.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#72 - 2015-08-13 09:16:29 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:

I debate with the Goblin. I am sadly lacking in frugality with my letters.
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#73 - 2015-08-13 09:31:20 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:

I debate with the Goblin. I am sadly lacking in frugality with my letters.

By Pator, why do you torture yourself so?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#74 - 2015-08-13 10:27:35 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
By Pator, why do you torture yourself so?

Because I hate myself, and clearly wish to destroy my brain.

Natheniel
Mostly Sober
NullSechnaya Sholupen
#75 - 2015-08-13 14:24:11 UTC
I cant believe this has gone up, its a total invasion of privacy! Her image should not be used in such a manner, truly you are a reprehensible man.

*prints out full body copy on good paper and posts it up on his CQ in sis*

Honestly, what makes you wish to do such a thing to her? All you do is destroy her image!

"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."

Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#76 - 2015-08-13 14:33:26 UTC
Meh, I've seen better.

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

m1thr0s
Nova Sanguinem
#77 - 2015-08-13 19:10:09 UTC  |  Edited by: m1thr0s
Wow you people are way too pinched! Anyways the clones are the property of the Amarr Empire anyways, so no pirating was committed. I doubt Samira Kernher is nearly as self-obsessed as you all are making her out to be. Man is not to find truth in spirit alone, God did become Man so there is nothing horrible about the body in it's natural form, the only thing that has changed in time is beliefs during the long separation, with the truth being restored to the Amarr. Baseliner bodies are sacred and unchanged since the time of the unity. I don't know where all of this shame creeps into things as God ordered us Amarr to be proud and mighty, and at one time all of man was like the Amarr. And since the models are all clones it's not violating any sensibilities of depicting sacred flesh, it's just like painting a picture of an inanimate object.

As well, the primacy of the divine is often overlooked in these discussions. The cultural affections of the Amarrian people are far too often taken as divine law and no good can come of that. War as a tool of the reclamation is superior to appeasing liberal sensibilities.

And I ask you, do you all think you have the same rights as a naturally born citizen of the Empire? The Theology Council may tolerate us but that does not mean we are governed by the same rights a naturally born citizen is. We are just clones designed to serve the Empire, weapons of God.

I didn't choose the subject matter, the person, the system we took, and I did not create the poster, did you all consider that? I'm just a custodian, slaves like me and respond well to me and I like this job.

Recruitment is up 12% this week!

cxxxxx][===============> ⋆ ✢ ✣ ✤ ✥ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✪ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✮ ✯ ✰ ★ {இ}ڿڰۣ-ڰۣ~—

Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#78 - 2015-08-13 19:15:33 UTC
This entire thread is a depressing exercise in the tasteless, the vile and the thoughtless. Dreadful.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Gaven Lok'ri
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#79 - 2015-08-13 20:11:17 UTC
m1thr0s wrote:
I doubt Samira Kernher is nearly as self-obsessed as you all are making her out to be.

Lt. Kernher herself registered a protest, you know.

Quote:
Man is not to find truth in spirit alone, God did become Man so there is nothing horrible about the body in it's natural form, the only thing that has changed in time is beliefs during the long separation, with the truth being restored to the Amarr. Baseliner bodies are sacred and unchanged since the time of the unity. I don't know where all of this shame creeps into things as God ordered us Amarr to be proud and mighty, and at one time all of man was like the Amarr. And since the models are all clones it's not violating any sensibilities of depicting sacred flesh, it's just like painting a picture of an inanimate object.

What a bizzare heresy!

Admiral of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore 24th Imperial Crusade

Holder. Vassal of the Emperor Family

Aldrith Shutaq
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#80 - 2015-08-13 20:19:13 UTC
I suppose this whole thing has garnered far more attention than it deserves by now. Capsuleers will be capsuleers, and the pitfalls of celebrity and 'free speech' are illustrated for all to see.

That said, well done on Tararan, with Lamaa falling earlier today. I would ask that anyone planning on celebrating refrain from debauchery, but I think I can already smell the alcohol and overpriced and overused hookers from here.

Such is life in the 24th Imperial Crusade, where classless mercenaries try to act like they have some virtue, and the faithful grin and bear the nonsense in favor of the lives we solemnly protect.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu