These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Citadel Question - W-Space rules

First post First post
Author
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#101 - 2015-08-13 00:03:31 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.
Adriana Mal'Valeran
Zero Fun Allowed
#102 - 2015-08-13 00:57:59 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.


Holy ****....
F3X5ON
Zero Fun Allowed
#103 - 2015-08-13 01:00:25 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.



Quoted for the post of the month award.
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#104 - 2015-08-13 01:02:27 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.


ooh kill'em

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#105 - 2015-08-13 01:05:12 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.




FINISH HIM!

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Tug Speedman
Big Beaver Corp
#106 - 2015-08-13 01:35:56 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.


QFT Oh Serious Hot Burn.

I log on youtube for him one more hit to fell not so bad. Though, he still need burn center treatment.

Friend of Wormhole, Enemy of troll.

Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#107 - 2015-08-13 01:37:01 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Let's try to at least pretend like we don't have a cross-channel campaign running! It's what I'd expect from a public relations professional.


We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.


So I'm going to assume you didn't quite understand what I meant by "cross-channel campaign." That's okay, it happens to the best of us! Don't take my sometimes convoluted marketing jargon to mean we are in competition. I meant an advertising campaign, not a political one. You know what they say, there's no such thing as bad press.

Anyway, I still look back on your help and advice with my Proteus fit fondly, even if at some point thereafter you did not share my positive sentiment.

As for ego, I'd say YouTube hits are a pretty good measure of self esteem. But they are a far better measure of total interest in EVE and subscriptions sent to CCP. I can never feel bad knowing as much as people bicker and blast each other over the best way to get people to play EVE, I can make a meaningful contribution to the total population every day. As long as those video numbers are ticking up, EVE dies a little less slowly!

Anyway, I see that in this particular thread CSMs who are trying to engage are derided and name-called. I can't say it's the best long-term strategy for getting niche concerns brought to light... but perhaps I am simply too naive to see the long tail of it all.

And if you have any specific complaints from other CSMs about me, I would be keen to review them. You can't much improve if you can't get honest feedback from your peers.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Ripblade Falconpunch
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#108 - 2015-08-13 05:29:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Ripblade Falconpunch
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Anyway, I see that in this particular thread CSMs who are trying to engage are derided and name-called. I can't say it's the best long-term strategy for getting niche concerns brought to light... but perhaps I am simply too naive to see the long tail of it all.

And if you have any specific complaints from other CSMs about me, I would be keen to review them. You can't much improve if you can't get honest feedback from your peers.


No, it's pretty much just you, minus the lone obligatory corbexx / NS post.

And you seem to be getting lots of honest feedback....
Axloth Okiah
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club
#109 - 2015-08-13 06:59:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Axloth Okiah
tbfh, i dont think we have so many awesome CSM representatives that we should be dissing those who try to engage with us...
ISD Buldath
#110 - 2015-08-13 08:10:13 UTC
Quote:
27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.


I have removed some Offending Posts, In regards to Rule 27 above.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.

Winthorp
#111 - 2015-08-13 08:13:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Winthorp
So no devblog out yet. Not a lot of point in continuing untill CCP can discover Google translate.
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#112 - 2015-08-13 12:57:35 UTC
complaining loud enough transcends language

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#113 - 2015-08-13 14:15:30 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:

We are in competition? Since when? i don't remember being painfully terrible at this game and taking 30 minute videos of myself working up to gank a lone AFK Retriever. I don't remember being a self-promoting know-nothing noob who even the other CSM's disrespect and obviously can't stand the sight of. I don't remember being deprived of several chromosomes upon birth and seeing that as entitling me to attempt debating game balance with people who've been playing this game longer than you've been suffering through puberty.

I'm not in a popularity contest. I know I'm infamous. That's enough for me.

hell, they wouldn't let me run for CSM because I've pushed the limits of the game a bit much some times. Probably also they don't want anyone on the CSM who can use logic and facts, and hence we have you; the parasitic fool with the self-esteem measured in youtube hits.


http://i.imgur.com/xgz9nkR.gif
Intana Kreis
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#114 - 2015-08-13 17:50:16 UTC
Axloth Okiah wrote:
tbfh, i dont think we have so many awesome CSM representatives that we should be dissing those who try to engage with us...


TBH whether we believe we are represented or not, it makes sense to lobby people in a sensible manner, and it's always easier to lobby those who interact with us than those who don't.
M1k3y Koontz
THE AESIR.
BLACKED OUT.
#115 - 2015-08-13 20:03:17 UTC
Bleedingthrough wrote:
Winthorp wrote:
But the devil is in the detail.


I got the feeling that they realy want to get this right.
These new POSes are specifically designed to live in ... ergo: for us!
Let's hope they don't listen too much to these null lobbyists and more to people that have a clue like corbex.


Why on earth would we want to screw up Citadels? They're replacing Outposts, you know!

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Bleedingthrough
#116 - 2015-08-14 02:58:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Bleedingthrough
M1k3y Koontz wrote:
Why on earth would we want to screw up Citadels? They're replacing Outposts, you know!

You love EvE too and would not do it on purpose. It is just that you think of these structures as something completely different than most WH people do. You say they are replacing Outposts, I say they replace POSes.

Point is: These new structures need to and will work significantly different in w-space. Blink
Justin Cody
Tri-gun
An Alliance Has No Name
#117 - 2015-08-14 03:35:38 UTC
Ripblade Falconpunch wrote:
Bronya Boga wrote:
XL will require sov


What Bronya said. The last official word was that Large will be the biggest one you can build in a WH.



nope
Justin Cody
Tri-gun
An Alliance Has No Name
#118 - 2015-08-14 03:36:31 UTC
Andrew Jester wrote:
complaining loud enough transcends language


it does just ask your average human baby
Luft Reich
No Vacancies
#119 - 2015-08-14 04:27:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Luft Reich
I don't really see how there is a good way to implement Citadels into WH space without screwing some of the key things that makes WH space interesting. I haven't really stayed up-to-date on all the dev blogs so I could be wrong in saying this new thing is bad for WH space, but it just seems like a bad idea. Docking, allowing your home to be vulnerable to the poorly designed entosis links, predicable undocks, I'm sure there are more... Even with CCP being too lazy to work on pos code, POS's sound better than these new structures.

#keeppos's

ISD Cyberdyne liked your forum post

Valleriani
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#120 - 2015-08-14 11:39:58 UTC
I am worried about WH space and Citadels as well. The biggest issue is how they can be claimed, I feel like it's going to make a lot of grief and a lot of smaller corporations or starting corporations will be forced out of wormholes, making it even more quiet in there.

I am a fan of some of the things that Citadels can do, but they really shouldn't be able to be taken by a small gang so easily either. Most corporations in WH space are timezone specific, so if there is no proper automation defense, they will just be entosis trolled every day on there downtime and that just sounds like a pain in the rear to have to deal with. I know they are claiming they want to solve one interceptor from taking it, but I hope it goes a bit more beyond that.