These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Tengu Lvl 4

Author
Tenga Halaris
Galactic Traders Union
#21 - 2011-12-29 15:29:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tenga Halaris
Ion Kirst wrote:
Kulmid-could you please tell me in you infinite wisdom, do you say someone is stupid for not running an AB on a mission Tengu? (You deserve the sarcasm). If you’ve been around you obviously know that in many L4 missions you don’t need to “fly-around”. You must think that flying 500+mps in a Tengu is necessary. Sorry, it is not.

More tanking through low Siganture and Speed. Saves you ISK you spend on your tank and you can go full DPS. I'd say a Faction AB increases your tanking abilities by 50%.

(no infinite wisdom required)
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#22 - 2011-12-30 05:49:51 UTC
Kuzene wrote:
Curious about the bare min requirements for a tengu to do level 4s and cost under say 700 mil, though even cheaper be better ;p
My alt did level 4 in this fit with minimal missile skills. Orbit the warp-in beacon at 5 km or the next gate at 500 m (gates are huge), and shoot smallest to largest, giving priority to webbers. I ignored triggers and had no problems.

You can use T1 launchers, but that really is a crime on a Tengu.

This isn't the best fit, but it works, and is cheap.

[Tengu, Basic]
Power Diagnostic System II
Ballistic Control System II

Shield Boost Amplifier I
Dread Guristas Photon Scattering Field
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II
10MN Afterburner II
Medium Shield Booster II

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#23 - 2011-12-31 13:24:31 UTC
get a tengu

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#24 - 2012-01-01 20:02:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
This will handle any level 4 you can throw at it, including the infamous "Enemies Abound, 5/5" or buggering up the spawn-triggers in "The Blockade (Angel Cartel):"

SUBSYSTEMS

Tengu Defensive--Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive--Accelerated Ejection Bays
Tengu Propulsion--Fuel Catalyst
Tengu Engineering--Augmented Capacitor Reservior
Tengu Electronics--Dissolution Sequencer

HI

6x Heavy Missile Launcher II (use plain-tech missiles for sub-BC, Fury for BC/BS, always kill the frigates first. Faction ammo is a waste of money.)

MID

10MN Afterburner II
Pithii C-Type Small Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier (can be replaced with tech II)
Invulnerability Field II
Magnetic Scattering Amplifier II
Explosion Dampening Amplifier II

LO

4x Caldari Navy BCU

RIG

2x Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
1x Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Cap lasts ca. 10min with everything on--near-stable at max skills--but I hardly ever need the shield-boost. Speed + small sig + gank at 110km range are your real tank.

You can change the SB to a tech II medium as well, but you may need to use the CPU Efficiency Gate subsystem if your fitting skills aren't high with respect to CPU-reduction, and the cap life will be worse, but burst tank somewhat better, also reduces effective range to ca. 85-90km from 110+.

If you only pimp in one place, then do so in the low-slots, those CN BCUs help a lot, as do the T II rigs, as you need to kill the pointy/webby frigates ASAP. Cap-stability simply isn't needed, you kill **** too quickly for traditional "tanking" to ever become an issue (that's what BS need to do--this thing simply doesn't get hit most of the time). Just pick an object--most missions nowadays have enough "scenery" to choose from--and orbit it at range with the burner on, and blap everything in range of your missiles--you'll find that the Tengu's max. target amount of only 5 objects + the usual painfully slow Caldari lock-time to be the main thing affecting your completion-times.

This ship should never be at any risk from NPCs in any mission, unless something has gone very badly pear-shaped (IE, you get stuck on scenery, or your client crashes whilst pointed and webbed).

E: Typing-fail

Ni.

Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-01-02 10:15:05 UTC
On a ship this fast it seems a crime not to use a more in-your-face weapon system:

Hits for 815 DPS out to 30km, moves at 661 m/s, tanks 410 omni or 266 EM for 10 minutes (not that you'll need it to last that long). Yes, you'll actually have to fly it towards the enemy not just sit there like a big fat raven, but it's a lot more fun.

[Tengu, Short But Sweet]
Damage Control II

Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Pithi B-Type Small Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Terror Rage Assault Missile

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I

Tengu Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#26 - 2012-01-02 13:38:43 UTC
Anya Ohaya wrote:

[rest of the fit]

Medium Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Medium Bay Loading Accelerator I

Tengu Electronics - CPU Efficiency Gate

Warhead Rigor Catalysts do not affect "Unguided" (rocket, HAM, Torp. in order of size-class) missiles--switch that one to a Flare-Cat (increases explosion-velocity, unfortunately, only one skill IIRC, and/or implants are "it" as far as explosion-radius for these missile-types), and do consider T II rigs if you've the fitting room (you should have enough with the CPU Efficiency Gate, Launcher Rigging at level 4, and Weapon Upgrade skill at 5)--they really make a difference.

You should have enough CPU-room left to go to a cheaper (or T II even) Medium booster--that B-Type + RepFleet 'burner = gank-bait--make sure you've made an insta-undock at your mission baseBlink

I'd not bother with the RepFleet 'burner, myself--and that's coming from someone who's hoarded 650+ thousand RepFleet LPs. T II is more than fast enough and the extra ca. 0.05km/s won't really make a noticeable difference in driving to the next gate.

I've played with HAM Mission-Gu's on SiSi--lots of fun, but you actually have to drive that boat (I just flew mine like a big Assault Frigate, keeping my transversal up on approach, spiralled in, went to town once in range. A web really helps too, especially against the frigates and cruisers.).

Ni.

Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-01-03 03:34:32 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:

Warhead Rigor Catalysts do not affect "Unguided" (rocket, HAM, Torp. in order of size-class) missiles--switch that one to a Flare-Cat (increases explosion-velocity, unfortunately, only one skill IIRC, and/or implants are "it" as far as explosion-radius for these missile-types), and do consider T II rigs if you've the fitting room (you should have enough with the CPU Efficiency Gate, Launcher Rigging at level 4, and Weapon Upgrade skill at 5)--they really make a difference.

You should have enough CPU-room left to go to a cheaper (or T II even) Medium booster--that B-Type + RepFleet 'burner = gank-bait--make sure you've made an insta-undock at your mission baseBlink

I'd not bother with the RepFleet 'burner, myself--and that's coming from someone who's hoarded 650+ thousand RepFleet LPs. T II is more than fast enough and the extra ca. 0.05km/s won't really make a noticeable difference in driving to the next gate.

I've played with HAM Mission-Gu's on SiSi--lots of fun, but you actually have to drive that boat (I just flew mine like a big Assault Frigate, keeping my transversal up on approach, spiralled in, went to town once in range. A web really helps too, especially against the frigates and cruisers.).

Good point on the rigors, I started with a HML fit and I'd forgotten about that. This thing is tight on calibration, I'll have to fool around in EFT some more to see if t2 rigs can fit.

The Pithi b-type small booster is not really that expensive for a t3 (~170 million), and you can get a good tank from just one; whereas with a c-type or a t2 you need two. The republic AB are cheap too. It might be worth ganking, but barely.

Yeah you do actually have to fly it, but I prefer ships that I actually have to fly around in.
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-01-03 13:10:23 UTC
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba wrote:
Question

I've got the 2x T2 rigor 1x T2 flare and I can assure you it's perfectly possible.

You can also use the bigger dps version by using T1 rigs and replacing one rigor for 1 rof/dmg
Darksniperr
XIV Cosmic Revolution
#29 - 2012-01-10 15:20:42 UTC
I'm going to go ahead and post the Tengu Fit I have been using for a long time for PvE. This fit works for level 4s with ease and I used to use it for level 10 plex sites out in 0.0. It is similar to the OP fit but is a little bit more expensive.

[Tengu, PvE]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Ballistic Deflection Field II
10MN Afterburner II

All skills at 5:
715 dps with Scourge Fury
(With the subsystem bonuses you don't want to use a different damage type other than kinetic.)
Against Guristas it will tank 1701 dps. This number is if you are stationary. When you start moving this number reaches much higher because very few things can even hit you with such a low sig and moving at 633m/s.

For those annoying frigates all you need to do is swap over to scourge precision. It makes quick work of them.

The above fit is way overdone for level 4s to be honest. You can use this fit for a cheaper version, slightly less dps, but more than enough tank if you deal with frigates first and keep moving.

[Tengu, PvE]

10MN Afterburner II

DPS (Scourge Fury) - 672
Tank (Guristas) - 972
Speed - 633

Both fits are cap stable.
Range on the Missiles is 110km

Obviously change out the active shield hardeners for different missions or just go with 2 invul fields for an omni tank that is enough for level 4s.
Khrage
#30 - 2012-01-10 18:10:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Khrage
good missile skills aren't necessary for a pve tengu. proof is my buddy's account and his lvl 4 running tengu. he has minimal missile skills but caldari offensive subsystems level 5. he has a full rack of meta 4 heavy launchers, a 10mn AB, 1 SMALL shield booster, 1 shield boost amp, all BCUs in the lows, and the rest of the mids with hardeners. i forget his rigs but i know he has at least 1 rigor rig... (with nothing better than tech 2)

it handles any level 4 and any exploration site we do even though he really should even be flyiing it since his lack luster missile skills. i'd almost hate to see how good the thing would be with a missile man at the helm. all you have to do is kill those tacklers and keep your speed up which is super easy to do.

moral of the story, you can't go wrong with the tengu, really.
durablesilver
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-01-20 21:42:19 UTC
I'm Curious why does everybody use the augmented capacitor reservoir and not the capacitor regeneration matrix?

Is it because of the additional high slot and launcher hardpoint for DPS, or is it for some other reason?

I ask because I'm training for a tengu and I wouldn't mind losing a highslot and launcher hardpoint, Iess DPS, for 2 more lowslots, better cap regen and higher powergrid for flexibility and stuff.

I'm thinking that I could use the two extra lows for a damage control or an overdrive, or something to strengthen shields something along those lines.
stoicfaux
#32 - 2012-01-20 22:11:11 UTC
durablesilver wrote:
I'm Curious why does everybody use the augmented capacitor reservoir and not the capacitor regeneration matrix?

Is it because of the additional high slot and launcher hardpoint for DPS, or is it for some other reason?

Correct. It's needed for the 6th launcher.

Quote:
I ask because I'm training for a tengu and I wouldn't mind losing a highslot and launcher hardpoint, Iess DPS, for 2 more lowslots, better cap regen and higher powergrid for flexibility and stuff.

I'm thinking that I could use the two extra lows for a damage control or an overdrive, or something to strengthen shields something along those lines.

Why would you need that in a level 4 for an HML Tengu?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

durablesilver
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-01-20 23:57:10 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
durablesilver wrote:

Correct. It's needed for the 6th launcher.

Quote:

Why would you need that in a level 4 for an HML Tengu?

So the reservoir is better because judging from you response the 2 extra mids are kind of useless
XDragX
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#34 - 2012-01-21 00:52:12 UTC
You don't lose the skills if you die. That's only if you don't eject. Carebears...
Vigilant Archer
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-02-14 22:05:54 UTC
Darksniperr wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and post the Tengu Fit I have been using for a long time for PvE. This fit works for level 4s with ease and I used to use it for level 10 plex sites out in 0.0. It is similar to the OP fit but is a little bit more expensive.

[Tengu, PvE]

10MN Afterburner II

All skills at 5:
715 dps with Scourge Fury
(With the subsystem bonuses you don't want to use a different damage type other than kinetic.)
Against Guristas it will tank 1701 dps. This number is if you are stationary. When you start moving this number reaches much higher because very few things can even hit you with such a low sig and moving at 633m/s.

For those annoying frigates all you need to do is swap over to scourge precision. It makes quick work of them.

The above fit is way overdone for level 4s to be honest. You can use this fit for a cheaper version, slightly less dps, but more than enough tank if you deal with frigates first and keep moving.

[Tengu, PvE]

10MN Afterburner II

DPS (Scourge Fury) - 672
Tank (Guristas) - 972
Speed - 633

Both fits are cap stable.
Range on the Missiles is 110km

Obviously change out the active shield hardeners for different missions or just go with 2 invul fields for an omni tank that is enough for level 4s.

Are implants being used for those fittings as it seems like you would need the full crystal implant set (not the low-grade set either) in order to acheive the tank of the first fit you listed.

It may be just my calculations but who knows.
Previous page12