These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Official announcement regarding Anti-Ganker "White Knights".

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#161 - 2015-08-10 10:22:35 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
And once more, if you are the one to can drive people who "can't handle the game" into a meltdown, what does that make you?

If you've ever run up against me, or any of my various forms, you would know that I basically don't talk in local first.

I do nothing, and I do mean nothing to warrant such things, nice though your attempt was to join Dracvlad in blaming the victims of this harassment.

But apparently, if someone explodes into a frothing rage because they lost something so miniscule as a Retriever, it can't possibly be because they're bad, it can't possibly be because they straight up don't belong in our community in the first place, it must be the fault of the person who has the utter gall to shoot another player in highsec. Roll

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#162 - 2015-08-10 10:26:00 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
I cannot fathom why you continue to steadfastly defend such vileness.

I have a few ideas.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Avvy
Doomheim
#163 - 2015-08-10 10:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Dracvlad wrote:

As the objective is to kick carebears out the game then CODE has won Eve at that point.

So I guess you have proof of that, so where is the evidence?

Charging 10 million for a year's permit doesn't seem like a very effective way of doing what you are suggesting.
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#164 - 2015-08-10 10:29:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhamnousia Nosferatu
So folks known for pushing people's buttons to get them raging are complaining about people raging.
Well, unless they are once again collectively trolling (which is most likely), this is bloody amusing.

Not justifying players who fall into the trap CODErs so like to set with their 'calm down miner' narrative, but there's a much simpler solution to all the homophobic, racist and other TOS breaking speech - simply report the guy and don't make much of it.

However, as we all know, CODE in fact thrives on getting people to rage and then laughing about it. So - once again, if you are seriously complaining about that happening, there is something really wrong with you guys.
Also, don't tell me "I'm in CODE and I don't do that" since I would not stay for a moment with an organisation publicly known for being systematic in such behaviour.

Also, Drac, you should know better then trying to reason with them Smile
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#165 - 2015-08-10 10:30:39 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

As the objective is to kick carebears out the game then CODE has won Eve at that point.

Charging 10 million for a years permit doesn't seem like a very effective way of doing what you are suggesting.

Maybe them (CODE) regularly boasting about folks biomassing due to their ganks on minerbumping would be evidence enough?
Anthar Thebess
#166 - 2015-08-10 10:36:17 UTC
Rhamnousia Nosferatu wrote:
So folks known for pushing people's buttons to get them raging are complaining about people raging.
Well, unless they are once again collectively trolling (which is most likely), this is bloody amusing.

Not justifying folks who fall into trap that CODErs so like to set with their 'calm down miner' narrative, but there's a much simpler solution to all the homophobic, racist and other TOS breaking speech - simply report the guy and don't make much of it. However, as we all know, CODE in fact thrives on getting people to rage and then laughing about it. So - once again, if you are seriously complaining about that happening, there is something really wrong with you guys.
Also, don't tell me "I'm in CODE and I don't do that" since I would not stay for a moment with an organisation publicly known for being systematic in such behaviour.

Funny to hear this from person that constantly ganks people using alts.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#167 - 2015-08-10 10:37:16 UTC

Not justifying folks who fall into trap that CODErs so like to set with their 'calm down miner' narrative, but there's a much simpler solution to all the homophobic, racist and other TOS breaking speech - simply report the guy and don't make much of it. However, as we all know, CODE in fact thrives on getting people to rage and then laughing about it. So - once again, if you are seriously complaining about that happening, there is something really wrong with you guys.

I know its a waste of time, but its funny to see how out of context they twist what I say and also whine about being a victim of foul language and nasty comments.

Excellent post by the way, drilled down on the issue very nicely.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#168 - 2015-08-10 10:41:38 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:

Funny to hear this from person that constantly ganks people using alts.

Well, then you know more about my alts then I do.
That aside, not sure how ganking people relates to managing TOS breaking communication. Btw, I've filed more petitions for that (TOS breaking speech) coming from CODE and Goon/CFC members since I started anti-ganking then I did while I did ganks myself. I think that speaks enough about the 'cool' ganker kids.
Avvy
Doomheim
#169 - 2015-08-10 10:44:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Avvy wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Charging 10 million for a years permit doesn't seem like a very effective way of doing what you are suggesting.

Maybe them (CODE) regularly boasting about folks biomassing due to their ganks on minerbumping would be evidence enough?

With any organisation you will always have a few that will be there just because they like the way the organisation operates and it suits their personalities. But that doesn't mean they're all the same.

Just as in RL say the police force will attract certain types of individuals. But this is a game and believe it or not people do RP even as the bad guys even when they're not bad in RL.

If I'd blown someone up and they started with a bad attitude towards me, I'd more likely wind them up just because of their attitude and I'm not a bad person in RL.
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#170 - 2015-08-10 10:53:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Avvy wrote:
Avvy wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

With any organisation you will always have a few that will be there just because they like the way the organisation operates and it suits their personalities. But that doesn't mean they're all the same.

Just as in RL say the police force will attract certain types of individuals. But this is a game and believe it or not people do RP even as the bad guys even when they're not bad in RL.

If I'd blown someone up and they started with a bad attitude to me, I'd more likely wind them up just because of their attitude and I'm not a bad person in RL.

This is a common thing you'll come across when talking about some 'problematic' aspects of CODE, however while guilt by association is not really something I like to do, it is one thing saying that all gankers are bad (since gankers really vary wildly in what and how they do it) and saying that CODE as an organisation does really bad things.
If you chose to stay in CODE with knowledge of what and how they do, then I have to assume you're agreeing to the actions that formed their public image. Again, I don't care for ganks, but I would not want to be part of the same group of people that does their forum/blog thing, regardless of the amount of content and ease of participation being provided by such a group.
Siegfried Cohenberg
Cohenberg's Ethical Hauling
Freighter Friends
#171 - 2015-08-10 10:59:36 UTC

However, as we all know, CODE in fact thrives on getting people to rage and then laughing about it. So - once again, if you are seriously complaining about that happening, there is something really wrong with you guys.

Stop trying to smear the good name of the CODE. We're all happy go lucky players who just want to make highsec better. Is it bad that we want to purge the game of bot aspirancy?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#172 - 2015-08-10 11:02:22 UTC

If you chose to stay in CODE with knowledge of what and how they do, then I have to assume you're agreeing to the actions that formed their public image.

I agree with their actions precisely because I have knowledge of what they do and how they do it.

It's the people ignorant of such things that want to define others by it.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Avvy
Doomheim
#173 - 2015-08-10 11:04:47 UTC

This is a common thing you'll come across when talking about some 'problematic' aspects of CODE, however while guilt by association is not really something I like to do, it is one thing saying that all gankers are bad (since gankers really vary wildly in what and how they do it) and saying that CODE as an organisation does really bad things.
If you chose to stay in CODE with knowledge of what and how they do, then I have to assume you're agreeing to the actions that formed their public image. Again, I don't care for ganks, but I would not want to be part of the same group of people that does their forum/blog thing, regardless of the amount of content and ease of participation being provided by such a group.

I'll point out at this stage just in case you think otherwise, I don't have any link to CODE.

So if organisations like CODE weren't in the game how would you engage in combat PvP with players that are in NPC corps?

There is no guilt from association as it's a game.
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#174 - 2015-08-10 11:08:35 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

If you chose to stay in CODE with knowledge of what and how they do, then I have to assume you're agreeing to the actions that formed their public image.

I agree with their actions precisely because I have knowledge of what they do and how they do it.

It's the people ignorant of such things that want to define others by it.

Heh. So, I was talking about them getting folks to rage and then gloating about it on their website.
Doing stuff like bonus rooms (since they were discussed on code forums at the time of it all happening).
Such things, not ganks (as emphasized in my post before). Well, if you agree with those actions, what can I say, there is nothing we can talk about.
Black Pedro
Mine.
#175 - 2015-08-10 11:09:47 UTC

So just to be clear, your position is that because the Code says that a highsec miner should know "his place is at the bottom of the EVE hierarchy" and has other such trolling language, or if I ask politely for 10M ISK for a permit to mine in highsec, or even gank someone's retriever in the name of the Code, I have no right to complain about personal threats or insults leveled against me and my family?

I will complain about that. I should not be subject to such abuse no matter how annoying the New Order is, or how much ISK-worth of highsec miner/hauler ships I destroy. There is nothing wrong with me wishing to play the game within the rules and to be free of such rule-breaking threats and insults. I don't blame AG for the bad behaviour of these miners, but I do hold it against the AG community that their accepted narrative is that Code members deserve this abuse, or are even asking for it, because they are a bunch of trolls.

Such behaviour should not tolerated in this game (actually, anywhere), full stop. Whether it be from gankers, miners, nullsec coalitions, or what ever.
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#176 - 2015-08-10 11:18:34 UTC
Avvy wrote:

I'll point out at this stage just in case you think otherwise, I don't have any link to CODE.

So if organisations like CODE weren't in the game how would you engage in combat PvP with players that are in NPC corps?

There is no guilt from association as it's a game.

I honestly don't know how to fix NPC corps, but that's an issue of much wider scale.
Realistically, hisec needs a thorough rehaul in terms of content provided (PvE), training of new players in terms of important game mechanics, wardec mechanics, NPC corp alts and their capabilites etc. However, some things are clearly broken with mechanics involved in ganking, but going into those would just derail this thread further (not that it was very valuable in terms of discussion to start with) so I'll leave that for some other topic/time Cool.
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#177 - 2015-08-10 11:20:30 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
*talk*

I think I told you in some other thread that I'm not gonna try discussing something with you. So I'm not :).
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#178 - 2015-08-10 11:24:05 UTC
Siegfried Cohenberg wrote:

Stop trying to smear the good name of the CODE. We're all happy go lucky players who just want to make highsec better. Is it bad that we want to purge the game of bot aspirancy?

Hi Siggy. Nice glasses. What happened to that monocle of yours?
Siegfried Cohenberg
Cohenberg's Ethical Hauling
Freighter Friends
#179 - 2015-08-10 11:25:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Siegfried Cohenberg

Hi Siggy. Nice glasses. What happened to that monocle of yours?

Mixing it up. KEEPING THE PROFILE GAME FRESH
Rhamnousia Nosferatu
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#180 - 2015-08-10 11:29:31 UTC

Mixing it up. KEEPING THE PROFILE GAME FRESH

Now that you mention it, I need to do a makeover myself. This back-in-black look gets stale fast.