These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Official announcement regarding Anti-Ganker "White Knights".

First post
Author
Anne Dieu-le-veut
Natl Assn for the Advancement of Criminal People
#141 - 2015-08-09 17:32:34 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

So far the only people I saw use the N word and F word were Gankers trolling in the AG channel.

You're so full of it, it's not even funny. My mission bear is in AG channel, and I never see pro-CODE trolls using that language. I see people trolling it, sure, but never like that. Why doesn't high sec militia's blog ever have screen shots of this alleged CODE misconduct...because it doesn't happen? I suppose the practically daily carebear tears on Minerbumping are all made up?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#142 - 2015-08-09 21:46:41 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

The word manipulate was about CODE's clever use of role playing to wind up those people who they have ganked to get material to use for that website to push the propaganda that all people who play the game another way are just bad people who deserve it.

Miners and haulers were routinely saying such vile things long before CODE ever existed. I've been sworn at and irl threatened dozens and dozens of times before I ever heard about Minerbumping.

So trying to pretend like it's some game of ours is just you being dishonest, as you always are.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2015-08-09 23:00:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Drac, allow me to reiterate.

People have agency over the things they say, and much more so over the things they type. I can understand a slip of the tongue in a heated moment, but a slip of the finger? You have to take your time to deliberately type that stuff, time that people could use to think before they speak. They choose to relinquish their agency over what they say to their emotions, and the responsibility for what they then deliberately type out is 100% on them. Don't try to pass the buck to pretend like it's someone else's fault. If people can't take responsibility for their own choices and their own agency, then they have bigger problems then losing a few pixel internet spaceships.

This whole "CODE provoked them routine" is just buck-passing, and it's the same line of thinking used by the social justice mobs on twitter to excuse their irrational threats of violence against people who don't think the way they're expected to by Orwellian Marxists. Ironically, it's the same line of thinking used to justify the provocation defence in QLD, Australia, which basically says that if you murder a gay person because they came onto you, the coming onto you part is provocation enough to murder them. In all cases, it's buck-passing. All cases. People have agency over themselves and their choices. No one put a gun to their head and told them, "call CODE faggots or we'll end your puny life" or any such nonsense.

You really really need to grow the **** up and put your brain into a rational gear, start thinking before you type stuff yourself. But I don't expect much - like I said before, I fully expect you to defer to what you want to believe rather than ever have a rational thought movement in even one-seventeenth of a brain cell.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#144 - 2015-08-09 23:12:17 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

This whole "CODE provoked them routine" is just buck-passing, and it's the same line of thinking used by the social justice mobs on twitter to excuse their irrational threats of violence against people who don't think the way they're expected to by Orwellian Marxists.

*Ding!

We have a winner. It's why I think they should be stripped of their title of "white knights" and be reduced to "space justice warriors." It's so much more derogatory, and fitting to boot.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#145 - 2015-08-10 01:24:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
Dracvlad wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

I don't control the AG channel, but they have been banned, seen it multiple times. And nope I just don't fall for your propaganda.

Uwotm8? Screenshot evidence is propaganda now? I bet you think the moon landings were fake, don't you.

Putting words in my mouth there on the lunar landings, same old mis-information rubbish.

Yes it is propaganda, very well crafted propaganda, of course I went on that site, I just see it for what it is!

Really? Scroll back several months and read the comments..Have you seen the lovely things your beloved AG's have said about me? You'd be appaled by the filth that spews from their mouths..at least I'd hope you would. Never before have I encountered more racism, sexist, mysogamist, and just down right sickening people as I have with many of the AG's and the self proclaimed "good guys". It would do you credit to take the time to see..rather than base on rhetoric.

You are entitled to your opinions, just make them informed opinions. You have no idea what it's like. You have no idea what the people of Code are like. You only know what you've heard and whatever little experience you have had with them directly. The truth is, I have flown with many groups, and Code. has been the coolest bunch of people so far (outside of Devil's Warriors and 0th). The real problem is all of the "carebears" and "good guys" that spew their filth at any kind of loss or content and refuse to accept that it is what it's supposed to be. RL threats of harm or sexual assault do not belong in a game...and if someone is the type of person to do these things over a fantasy loss...then what does that say about them, going by their own "logic" of the AG's and carebears, that people emulate what they are in rl?

You will find the truth...if what you are looking for is really the truth and not more tinfoil propaganda and rhetoric. I suspect, however, that it's not the truth so many want. After all, the truth is boring...and lies and exaggeration is so much more exciting and story worthy...don't you think? Smile

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#146 - 2015-08-10 03:43:06 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
We needed another CODE. bait thread?

IB4L

I called it on post 2... "White Knights" definitely took the bait.

Several pages later, the CODE. haters look even worse than before. It is, however, always somewhat entertaining to see people make asses of themselves.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#147 - 2015-08-10 03:54:41 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
I propose we let this latest Grr code. thread die off

Not empty quoting.

Is the debate not going your way?
The forums is not like the various CODE twitch streams where the delayed stream can be interrupted when things don't go well.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#148 - 2015-08-10 04:02:33 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

You tell me. We've got Dracvlad openly blaming the victims of harassment, include the kind intended to drive females such as Kaely out of playing the game entirely. Defending the kind of people who told me literally last week they were going to find my mother and **** her to death, because I killed an afk Retriever with one of my gank alts. Roll

Personally, I'd say that so long as he's willing to make his own side look bad to this extent, we can keep the thread going until it gets shut down.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#149 - 2015-08-10 04:22:53 UTC
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Monitors vs. Bullies, why does this sound like the paralympics.

Bullies? Please do explain how Code are bullies for blowing up spaceships in a game about blowing up spaceships... Roll

"oh noes...I got killed again because I was on ap..or not paying attention...that makes you a bully" ..oh please

If you can't or unwilling to take the neccesary steps to prevent or lessen your danger..you have no one to blame but yourself. You say bully..I say lazy...

I'd imagine everyone who blows up a ship is a bully right? Eve is a game..nothing more..if actions in a game get you that worked up...you need to step away from the computer. (not you personally..a generalization) Roll

Nothing personal...but this whole "whaaaah bully" thing is getting old.....

Robert Sawyer wrote:
*sigh*
I really do not understand why all of you are praising CODE., a faction that has zero skill in PvP, backed out from the Alliance Tournament and, above all that, prefer to shoot at stuff that can't fire back.
I'm not saying that I'm some sort of PvP prodigy. My killboard's really shabby, but at least I have a few legit kills there.

You are making that oh so common mistake of assuming all of Code. are gankers. Do take the time to research before you speak out..or you risk looking like a fool. Nothing personal against you...but it's yet another uninformed opinionated, rhetorical assumtion..which in incorrect. Blink

Yep, we do other stuff too. I FCed a fight a little while ago where three of us from CODE. took on ten members of a rebel corp in a wardec situaion, losing nothing and popping a 2.5b Vindicator as well as some small stuff.

CODE. always wins. Sometimes through ganking, sometimes through shiptoasting, sometimes through 'gentleman's rules' non-deceptive combat.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#150 - 2015-08-10 06:35:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Pah! I think you are all being cry babies over people reacting in the heat of the moment, take that anal cancer comment I would have just said had the test and it was negative, sorry, the mother one I would reply she is a bit too old for you, jeeez.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#151 - 2015-08-10 07:00:41 UTC
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

I don't control the AG channel, but they have been banned, seen it multiple times. And nope I just don't fall for your propaganda.

Uwotm8? Screenshot evidence is propaganda now? I bet you think the moon landings were fake, don't you.

Putting words in my mouth there on the lunar landings, same old mis-information rubbish.

Yes it is propaganda, very well crafted propaganda, of course I went on that site, I just see it for what it is!

Really? Scroll back several months and read the comments..Have you seen the lovely things your beloved AG's have said about me? You'd be appaled by the filth that spews from their mouths..at least I'd hope you would. Never before have I encountered more racism, sexist, mysogamist, and just down right sickening people as I have with many of the AG's and the self proclaimed "good guys". It would do you credit to take the time to see..rather than base on rhetoric.

You are entitled to your opinions, just make them informed opinions. You have no idea what it's like. You have no idea what the people of Code are like. You only know what you've heard and whatever little experience you have had with them directly. The truth is, I have flown with many groups, and Code. has been the coolest bunch of people so far (outside of Devil's Warriors and 0th). The real problem is all of the "carebears" and "good guys" that spew their filth at any kind of loss or content and refuse to accept that it is what it's supposed to be. RL threats of harm or sexual assault do not belong in a game...and if someone is the type of person to do these things over a fantasy loss...then what does that say about them, going by their own "logic" of the AG's and carebears, that people emulate what they are in rl?

You will find the truth...if what you are looking for is really the truth and not more tinfoil propaganda and rhetoric. I suspect, however, that it's not the truth so many want. After all, the truth is boring...and lies and exaggeration is so much more exciting and story worthy...don't you think? Smile

Glad you are having fun, well I have had exchanges with CODE players and some of them deliberately push buttons to wind people up, for someone like me it does not work, I just laugh. But this is the thing, you are saying all AG guilt by association, look at your use of the word "many". And that careless use of the word many undermines your carefully crafted cry of outrage.

To say that these people are evil people because of heat of the moment reaction to losses is rather meh!

I am playing a game, a game that has a meta above the pure gameplay, you are getting at the players with CODE, its a great setup, but it is what it is and running around with thin skins is part of the meta game.

Sorry if the truth hurts...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Black Pedro
Mine.
#152 - 2015-08-10 07:09:08 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Pah! I think you are all being cry babies over people reacting in the heat of the moment, take that anal cancer comment I would have just said had the test and it was negative, sorry, the mother one I would reply she is a bit too old for you, jeeez.

No. I'll accept simple cursing (like "F You, A-hole") as a "heat of the moment" mis-step, but when someone who has just lost an imaginary spaceship spews forth mysogynistic, homophobic or racial slurs, or starts with the real-life threats to a fellow player (or their family) in a video game we are all playing for fun, something is very wrong. I mean seriously, who does that? Where in anyone's normal life is it acceptable to throw that ugliness at a fellow human being for any reason, let alone over an inconsequential video game?

This isn't about being "thin skinned", it is just basic human decency.

This behaviour not only breaks the EULA, but really does shine some light onto the character of some players. I am just glad that most players don't stoop to this level, but you should not be an apologist for the ones that do break the EULA just because you don't like ganking or some gankers in this video game.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#153 - 2015-08-10 07:31:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Drac, allow me to reiterate.

People have agency over the things they say, and much more so over the things they type. I can understand a slip of the tongue in a heated moment, but a slip of the finger? You have to take your time to deliberately type that stuff, time that people could use to think before they speak. They choose to relinquish their agency over what they say to their emotions, and the responsibility for what they then deliberately type out is 100% on them. Don't try to pass the buck to pretend like it's someone else's fault. If people can't take responsibility for their own choices and their own agency, then they have bigger problems then losing a few pixel internet spaceships.

This whole "CODE provoked them routine" is just buck-passing, and it's the same line of thinking used by the social justice mobs on twitter to excuse their irrational threats of violence against people who don't think the way they're expected to by Orwellian Marxists. Ironically, it's the same line of thinking used to justify the provocation defence in QLD, Australia, which basically says that if you murder a gay person because they came onto you, the coming onto you part is provocation enough to murder them. In all cases, it's buck-passing. All cases. People have agency over themselves and their choices. No one put a gun to their head and told them, "call CODE faggots or we'll end your puny life" or any such nonsense.

You really really need to grow the **** up and put your brain into a rational gear, start thinking before you type stuff yourself. But I don't expect much - like I said before, I fully expect you to defer to what you want to believe rather than ever have a rational thought movement in even one-seventeenth of a brain cell.

LOL, that was a confused post, they don't think after suffering a ship loss, they type what they think in that instance, I have seen it a few times myself. And you are trying to make out that I think they have no responsibility for their comments, I never said that, I am talking about CODE's very cleverly set up manipulation of them to get that reaction, you are just twisting my words to say something else.

No it is not buck passing, what I see is a very cleverely crafted set up that is designed to go after a whole group of players, and you lot being thin skinned about it is part of that setup. You may twist and turn and try to divert attention away from it, but that is what I am talking about.

You keep using the words grow up and get an education in an effort to wind me up, all tricks of the trade for people who are bad at arguing the point, as if I give a damn what a twit (due to your wind up attempts) like you thinks of me. Take your confused understanding of twitter and that court case in Australia, first of all the people that I circulate with would not go near twitter for any rational conversation, why the hell would I try to debate there? The court case in Australia is pretty obvious to people with the concept of a crime of passion or heat of the moment reaction which has existed in law long before progressives arrived, it is evident that pre-meditated murder is a higher level of crime and mitigating factors are also important in terms of sentencing, I will leave it at that.

I think you are confused...

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#154 - 2015-08-10 07:37:16 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

No. I'll accept simple cursing (like "F You, A-hole") as a "heat of the moment" mis-step, but when someone who has just lost an imaginary spaceship spews forth mysogynistic, homophobic or racial slurs, or starts with the real-life threats to a fellow player (or their family) in a video game we are all playing for fun, something is very wrong. I mean seriously, who does that? Where in anyone's normal life is it acceptable to throw that ugliness at a fellow human being for any reason, let alone over an inconsequential video game?

This isn't about being "thin skinned", it is just basic human decency.

This behaviour not only breaks the EULA, but really does shine some light onto the character of some players. I am just glad that most players don't stoop to this level, but you should not be an apologist for the ones that do break the EULA just because you don't like ganking or some gankers in this video game.

All it shows is that some people cannot control their temper and that you taking offence means you are thin skinned, go on petition them, I care not. The simple thing I keep pointing out that CODE is cleverly designed to wind up these people, and I repeat petition them if you want ,its your call, after all you are getting upset at them getting upset with you over an inconsequential video game...

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#155 - 2015-08-10 07:47:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

You tell me. We've got Dracvlad openly blaming the victims of harassment, include the kind intended to drive females such as Kaely out of playing the game entirely. Defending the kind of people who told me literally last week they were going to find my mother and **** her to death, because I killed an afk Retriever with one of my gank alts. Roll

Personally, I'd say that so long as he's willing to make his own side look bad to this extent, we can keep the thread going until it gets shut down.

Don't gaslight me Kaarus. And once more, if you are the one to can drive people who "can't handle the game" into a meltdown, what does that make you? Think about that for a moment there, Neidermeyer.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Avvy
Doomheim
#156 - 2015-08-10 08:35:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Avvy
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
admiral root wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
I propose we let this latest Grr code. thread die off

Not empty quoting.

The forums is not like the various CODE twitch streams where the delayed stream can be interrupted when things don't go well.

The debate is pointless except for entertainment value.

Both sides will never agree as they're looking at it from different angles.

Edit:

I've said it before, I don't agree with CODE (from a PvP stand point) but with the way high-sec is set up I can understand them.

What I don't understand is why some people will insist on dragging real-life into a fantasy game. It's a game and as soon as more players realise it's just a game the less butt hurt they will be.

Edit 2:

from a PvP stand point. What I'm specifically referring to is the suicide mechanics, but high-sec doesn't really allow for anything else when considering all players.
Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#157 - 2015-08-10 09:10:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
Dracvlad wrote:
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

Glad you are having fun, well I have had exchanges with CODE players and some of them deliberately push buttons to wind people up, for someone like me it does not work, I just laugh. But this is the thing, you are saying all AG guilt by association, look at your use of the word "many". And that careless use of the word many undermines your carefully crafted cry of outrage.

To say that these people are evil people because of heat of the moment reaction to losses is rather meh!

I am playing a game, a game that has a meta above the pure gameplay, you are getting at the players with CODE, its a great setup, but it is what it is and running around with thin skins is part of the meta game.

Sorry if the truth hurts...

Apparently you are having difficulty between the words "many" and "all". I laugh it off too..otherwise I wouldn't have lasted over 2 1/2 years. It is, however, testament to the "personalities" of those who are supposed to be the good guys.

How can you say, in 1 breath, it's not right..then in the next that it's all part of the meta? My point wasn't that it bothers me..because it doesn't. I couldn't care less what some internet idiot thinks. My point was a response to the complaints about Code. Being the ones that do it. That is one sided and untrue..and you know it...so don't try to feebly forum warrior me and twist my words around when you know darn well what I meant. :)

You can twist it around all you want. Making rl death and sexual assault threats are not part of the meta no matter how you spin it.

My outrage is not about the petty comments and threats against me..it's about the lies that Code. and other pirates are the ones who do it. Telling someone they suck, fail constantly, and should biomass in game is completely different than saying you're gonna come to my house and **** me then kill me. If that's meta to you..you need to seek help.

If you're going to go there..make sure you don't do it one sided. THAT'S what my issue is. It gets old with the bs rhetoric. Roll

Edit: lol..I was not aware the "R" word for sexual assault was a blocked word....anyways..feel free to respond, but from here on, any further communication between us will be done with spaceships and blaster cannons. ( in game ofc) :) I'm not interested in talking to someone who denies the obvious. Love ya...mean it... Blink

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Black Pedro
Mine.
#158 - 2015-08-10 10:10:26 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
All it shows is that some people cannot control their temper and that you taking offence means you are thin skinned, go on petition them, I care not. The simple thing I keep pointing out that CODE is cleverly designed to wind up these people, and I repeat petition them if you want ,its your call, after all you are getting upset at them getting upset with you over an inconsequential video game...

I don't have a problem them getting upset over losing in an inconsequential video game. I have no problem with them vowing revenge, insulting the Code or my character, or whatever in-game actions they want to take. I do have a problem with them threatening to harm me, the player, and my family, or spewing forth vile personal insults me over a virtual loss.

Would you excuse such behaviour in your children, even if they were provoked? "Now son, you threatened to **** the mother of an opposing team player and called him a -insert homophobic slur here- after he scored a goal on you, that's unacceptable! Oh wait, he taunted you first? Well, that's ok then..."

I'll report and petition whomever I think crosses the line, but that is beside the point. What is unconscionable is that you give a pass to such unacceptable and EULA-breaking behaviour ("I care not") based on the fact that you don't like an in-game construct. Sure, the Code is designed to annoy and taunt highsec residents, but it is all done within the rules and spirit of the game. Eve is designed to promote conflict between players. Losing some space pixels in that conflict is not an excuse for resorting demeaning and dehumanizing threats and insults that have no place anywhere in human interaction, especially in a video game.

You can be against the Code and still take a firm stand against such unacceptable behaviour. I cannot fathom why you continue to steadfastly defend such vileness.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#159 - 2015-08-10 10:17:21 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

And now you're switched to "no big deal", trying to excuse the flagrant violations of the ToS.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#160 - 2015-08-10 10:19:21 UTC
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Apparently you are having difficulty between the words "many" and "all". I laugh it off too..otherwise I wouldn't have lasted over 2 1/2 years. It is, however, testament to the "personalities" of those who are supposed to be the good guys.

How can you say, in 1 breath, it's not right..then in the next that it's all part of the meta? My point wasn't that it bothers me..because it doesn't. I couldn't care less what some internet idiot thinks. My point was a response to the complaints about Code. Being the ones that do it. That is one sided and untrue..and you know it...so don't try to feebly forum warrior me and twist my words around when you know darn well what I meant. :)

You can twist it around all you want. Making rl death and sexual assault threats are not part of the meta no matter how you spin it.

My outrage is not about the petty comments and threats against me..it's about the lies that Code. and other pirates are the ones who do it. Telling someone they suck, fail constantly, and should biomass in game is completely different than saying you're gonna come to my house and **** me then kill me. If that's meta to you..you need to seek help.

If you're going to go there..make sure you don't do it one sided. THAT'S what my issue is. It gets old with the bs rhetoric. Roll

Edit: lol..I was not aware the "R" word for sexual assault was a blocked word....anyways..feel free to respond, but from here on, any further communication between us will be done with spaceships and blaster cannons. ( in game ofc) :) I'm not interested in talking to someone who denies the obvious. Love ya...mean it... Blink

And laughing it off is the way to do it, most of them are letting off steam.

You don't like that I point out the meta gaming aspects of CODE's setup is aimed to wind up people on their freedom to play the game as they see it and the role-playing aspects are well structured to wind them up and react strongly, then the CODE player will petition that reaction. As I said it is your choice on what you petition and I would not blame you on RL threats and stuff you find offensive, but its evident to me that CODE players will petition bad language as part of the CODE, and say that in local, so the player reacts and bang a slapped wrist from CCP to add to their ship loss. As the objective is to kick carebears out the game then CODE has won Eve at that point.

So you are saying that my identification of the use of the petition system by CODE is somehow condoning RL threats and offensive words than think again, the reaction to that is down to you, I don't care what you do, but I understand your sensitivity to this as a woman, I can only offer my own word that should I lose a ship to you, you will never hear that from me. I am commenting on CODE as a whole using that to upset the player further, which is a deliberate strategy as part of kill the carebear.

So if you think I am ignoring the obvious that's your mis-reading of what I have been saying.