These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Guy that won 250 Bil betting last year

Author
Jump SuperCaps Now
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-08-08 15:52:15 UTC
There was a guy that won 250 billion isk betting on the tournament last year. Anyone know who it was? I was hoping to get a hold of him and see if he would be willing to give any advice on who to bet on this year...... wink wink

Any help on this would be great.
DHB WildCat
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#2 - 2015-08-08 20:33:05 UTC
hmmmmm I had heard of this guy. I however doubt that he would share any picks since it would ruin the match odds and result in less money......... unless

1) He makes the bet before divulging the information

2) People pay for the information making the loss in odds worth it.

hmmmmmmm
Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2015-08-08 23:14:07 UTC
DHB WildCat wrote:
hmmmmm I had heard of this guy. I however doubt that he would share any picks since it would ruin the match odds and result in less money......... unless

hmmmmmmm

eve-bet is fixed odds ;)
DHB WildCat
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#4 - 2015-08-08 23:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: DHB WildCat
Destoya wrote:
DHB WildCat wrote:

hmmmmmmm

eve-bet is fixed odds ;)

seems to change odds every time I place a few billion on someone.... for example I have 5.16 odds on SS beating Exodus, after my bet it dropped to 3.89, and now its back up to 4.30........... 4.30 uh.............. one sec 8)

oh look its back to 3.46.

so I beg to disagree sir
Buzz Fuzzbear
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-08-09 07:37:47 UTC
DHB WildCat wrote:
Destoya wrote:
DHB WildCat wrote:

hmmmmmmm

eve-bet is fixed odds ;)

seems to change odds every time I place a few billion on someone.... for example I have 5.16 odds on SS beating Exodus, after my bet it dropped to 3.89, and now its back up to 4.30........... 4.30 uh.............. one sec 8)

so I beg to disagree sir

I think he was trying to say that your personal bet is locked to those odds at the time of betting.
Theon Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-08-15 13:36:22 UTC
DHB WildCat wrote:
Destoya wrote:
DHB WildCat wrote:

hmmmmmmm

eve-bet is fixed odds ;)

so I beg to disagree sir

As Buzz said, the odds on your bet are always fixed, but the odds change after every bet that is placed.