These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Reduce Super Build Costs

Author
Anthar Thebess
#1 - 2015-08-06 11:23:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
(This is not new proposal, but lets start talking about it again)
Problem is simple.

Big groups have to many supers when compared to small groups.
New sov enables those groups to get into the space by capturing first systems.

Still they have no chance to oppose big groups - as capital and super capital gap between them is to big.
Whatever change to sov system CCP will propose , it will never change simple fact that groups like PL , NC, BL, CFC, Stainwagon , etc , have hundreds of supers - and those numbers are constantly growing up.

For example :
When someone contract PL to evict someone from space - there will be no way of smaller group to do significant damage to PL forces , as PL will drop just 100 supers using them as a "i win" button.

Because of this i propose , to reduce and shift material costs of all supers that build price will be reduced.
Super Carrier price should be around 5 bil
Titan price should oscillate around 15bil.

On top of this i propose to halve the production time for all supers.

Every one will benefit from this , as much more people will have ability to get into the super.
More people will fly them on multiple occasions, so more people will be dying in them ( stealth buff for PL killboard).

When you look at the current super count in game , and where are located , there are 2 options.
We remove all supers , or make them cheaper so more people can get them and contest bigger players.
CyberRaver
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-08-06 11:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CyberRaver
*snip* Personal attacks are not allowed. ~ ISD Decoy

All that will happen is that the bigger groups will get even MORE supers, and youll die just as easy whilst giving them juicy killmails

Sov is no longer about supers, its about nodes and being fast and mobile, 2 things which supers arent

Get out from under the rock and learn the mechanics before playing game designer

Fine if i cant call the OP stupid

His idea is stupid
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2015-08-06 11:36:51 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:

Because of this i propose , to reduce and shift material costs of all supers that build price will be reduced.

Anthar... This would make it even easier than it already is for the huge alliances to build and dominate their land with an iron fist. Smaller groups won't stand a chance.
Anthar Thebess
#4 - 2015-08-06 11:42:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
Yes every one will get more supers.
But the limiting factor will be pilots / holders that sit in the supers.
Mobility will be also the issue , not only because of the fatigue , but also because more groups will be able to hotdrop super capital fleet.

Base idea , use very simple rule.
If currently group A have 200 supers , group B have none.

What will be better :
1. escalate cost so group A and B will have more problems building next 10 supers
2. reduce cost so group A and B will be able build 20 next supers

In first case , Group B still cannot do any thing, and Group A have nothing to fear.
In second case Group A increased slightly its potential , but Group B can actually do something , as 20 supers allow them to contest group A , hotdroping careless pilots, and hitting stuff in different time zones.

Lets go a bit deeper into this.

Group A have 200 supers and 230 pilots , Group B have 0 supers but 50 pilots.
(pilot is person that can actively play , not 3rd super on the same account)

At some point Group A cannot effectively expand any more, while Group B have big potential , and at some point we can get into the point where we will have 230 vs 50 supers.

Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:

Anthar... This would make it even easier than it already is for the huge alliances to build and dominate their land with an iron fist. Smaller groups won't stand a chance.

Read my response pls.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#5 - 2015-08-06 11:43:03 UTC
what this does it make super supremacy more about player numbers with the right SP and less about null block economic power.

They'll certainly get used more but i have my doubts it would help smaller powers in the long run.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Lu Ziffer
Balanced Unity
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2015-08-06 11:43:58 UTC
Just increase the mineral production and prices will drop. Boost mining and looting.
But the lowest price for a titan I can remember was 35bil with tritanium at 1.2 isk.
Anthar Thebess
#7 - 2015-08-06 11:45:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
Daichi Yamato wrote:
what this does it make super supremacy more about player numbers with the right SP and less about null block economic power.

They'll certainly get used more but i have my doubts it would help smaller powers in the long run.

There are tons of characters that can run supers.
This will not be all V , but a super character that have all IV skills is better than none.

At some point in renter space we counted 70 ratting carriers in a region.
All different characters, and multiple corporations.

There is not so far from ratting carrier to a super pilot.

Lu Ziffer wrote:
Just increase the mineral production and prices will drop. Boost mining and looting.
But the lowest price for a titan I can remember was 35bil with tritanium at 1.2 isk.

Logistic was changed.
I was thinking about shifting some of the mineral cost to moongoo , but only up to r8 minerals.

I count on this that many more will die, we will also have more super to super engagements.
Carriers will be ok , but dreads will need to be redesigned.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#8 - 2015-08-06 11:48:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Samillian
Considering it is the established groups that have the production capacity, infrastructure and logistics already in place I really don't see this working out the way you intended. If anything this would not only make super / titan proliferation worse but increase the gap between haves and have nots especially as any entity with half a brain would put controls on the sale of hulls.

In my experience you don't solve a problem by exacerbating it.

Not supported

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-08-06 11:55:32 UTC
Anthar Thebess
#10 - 2015-08-06 11:56:37 UTC
Samillian wrote:
Considering it is the established groups that have the production capacity, infrastructure and logistics already in place I really don't see this working out the way you intended. If anything this would not only make super / titan proliferation worse but increase the gap between haves and have nots especially as any entity with half a brain would put controls on the sale of hulls.

In my experience you don't solve a problem by exacerbating it.

Not supported

Yes , but at current cost of supers new groups :
- first establish infrastructure and logistics
- get ISK /materials to build them
- defend them without having super cover against groups that have dozens of hundreds of supers.

If they manage to do it.
They will be still building supers much slower than bigger groups , so the gap will increase , not reduce.

This idea is not about creating new group that will have 500 supers , but about making small alliances/corporations to have 5-10 of them instead of none.

Remember that moving supers is hard due to fatigue, additionally they don't dock - so they always lock a character.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2015-08-06 12:13:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Big vs small thing aside, what's being proposed is "make fallout of power creep of the past matter less by standardising products of said power creep".

This suggestion is probably worse than to-go "remove all supers", so not supported P
DotheBarrel Roll
#12 - 2015-08-06 12:14:43 UTC
Feawen doesnt like this.
Lucius Kalari
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-08-06 12:22:56 UTC
If anything, supers and titans should have build costs increased by 5x at least.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#14 - 2015-08-06 12:34:10 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
This idea is not about creating new group that will have 500 supers , but about making small alliances/corporations to have 5-10 of them instead of none.

You hopefully do realize that 5-10 supers in the face of entities like PL, BL, CFC, Stainwaggon, Hardknocks, Lazerhawks and others do absolutely nothing to help small groups to survive, foster and grow, right? All they do is lock up people that could sit in better ships that are useful more often; will cost the group a load of money for no returns and just turns into scrapheaps after the first launch; will wear them down because they cannot defend their production towers against an semi-organized onslaught against; and lock up their industrial capabilities that could be better used to build smaller, more useful ships. Only to name a few things that should make every alliance very wary to consider getting supers.

Fatigue and restricted range does nothing, absolutely nothing, to help small groups keep their super capitals or use them "safely" without instant interference by big entities. The big entities do not necessarily bring their supers, a proper sub-cap fleet of T3, Hac, BS is more than enough to reduce a couple of supers to dust. And big entities can bring these things en masse if tidi sparks somewhere and first intel is out about super capitals in the wild.

All in all, your suggestion is outrageous and completely counterproductive to the health of small groups.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#15 - 2015-08-06 12:47:32 UTC
At 15b a titan i would just buy 100 titans for my corp and hand them out.

Then we have what..Titan online?
XxNeoStarxX
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-08-06 12:48:34 UTC
This thread should be locked and never reopened.
but let's say ye lower the cost to 5 bill a super iv got another 4 accounts ready with toon's than can fly the. WTS super toon 100b
Awkward Pi Duolus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2015-08-06 13:03:34 UTC
Worst... idea... ever.

Well ok not the worst, but close.
Andy Koraka
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-08-06 15:01:40 UTC
I don't think you've ever flown a supercapital class space vessel.

A dozen supercaps on their own just end up dead to an ishtar/fotm gang.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2015-08-06 15:56:08 UTC
"lowering the bar would only hurt a smaller group"

Is that what these people ar e trying to say? really?
Iain Cariaba
#20 - 2015-08-06 16:15:22 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
(This is not new proposal, but lets start talking about it again)

Should've stopped right there.

Reported for redundancy.
12Next page