These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Collective petition about fozziesov

First post First post First post
Author
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#361 - 2015-08-04 20:08:07 UTC
Snowmann wrote:
It seems this has become Eve's version of Asymmetric warfare, where the defender would prefer symmetric warfare.
The fact that it is so annoying to major Sov holders, is the point. Blink, they have to address it.

Its a kind of balance to Sov Sprawl. Eventually they will get annoyed enough to only hold Sov where they "have" to, not every where ever they can.

Yep, I cant wait for the mittani to spin this one Lol
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#362 - 2015-08-04 20:55:14 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
What system with people living into it got reinforced? What were the index on it when it got reinforced and why did nobody manage to just prevent the reinforce in the first place?
And if you only had to respond to reinforced systems you'd have a point.

The system is designed so that you HAVE to respond on attacked before it gets reinforced. Your indice give you buffer time to form up IF NEEDED. If it's 1 troll, only one dude from teh group living in that system need to push him off. If you have people living in that system, it should not take 40 mins to push off 1 dude. If you have enough people living in all your systems, that 1 dude con't reinforce any system as he will always get pushed off. If you have system where you have nobody living, then those will get reinforced because you obviously don't defend them with actual presence.

This is what the fozzie sov system is about. Presence in your own systems. If you can't push off a guy in 40 mins, you obviously don't have a presence in that system.

If your indices are up, you can even let him get a few minutes of burning stront on cycle and then push him off and entosis it back faster that he did. He will dry out his cargo of stront and you can keep doing what you were doing before pushing him. It's a occupancy system. If you occupy your systems, it will be easy to handle. If you are an absentee landlord, you have to deal with not playing the game how it's currently designed.

Anyone who though an occupancy SOV system would not require you to be in your systems missed the point IMO. If you have 50 systems and can't keep them, maybe you should try to let one fall and see if you can correctly occupy 49 or even less until you hit a threshold where your space is occupied enough that trollceptors can't create such wildfire in your backyard unchecked.

Can stuff be made better about the system? Yes. Is the system complete trash? Not if you actually believe occupancy sov mean occupancy sov. The name of the game is to be in the systems you hold. Not put a flag in them and the dock in your staging for a ping. It's a rather large difference between the previous SOV system and holding SOV in unoccupied system is a PITA but i'd be willing to guess this is working as intended.

CCP Fozzie on behalf of Team Five 0 wrote:

The first significant update to the design is a 50% increase in the maximum activity defense multiplier, from 4x to 6x.

This change allows for much stronger defense of actively used systems, while still ensuring that defenders must undock and actively fight for their space when threatened.

I wonder if you are supposed to use the timer to actively defend the space you live in. Maybe team Five 0 don't know what the goal of those index are...

Quote is from http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/summer-2015-nullsec-and-sov-status-report/
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#363 - 2015-08-04 21:30:52 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Eli Stan wrote:
Also, one of the expliccit goals of Aegis Sov was to make it easy to take unclaimed space. Allowing interceptors to claim sov when nobody around is a good thing. As preventing an interceptor from taking sov is easy when the space is occupied.
Easier than dominion, which battleships would be. If you cant field a battleship to your target system, you probably shouldn't be trying to take sov.
I think if you can not fend off what you call a "troll ceptor" that has only 25km to entosis then you should not hold sov. At least in that system anyways!
And once again, it's not that it can;t be done, it's that it's boring. A game that is boring is destined to die. Just look at it mate. A new sov system and the player count hardly blips.

Frostys Virpio wrote:
*Stuff*
It call comes down to commitment though. An attacker is committing a trollceptor because they choose to, while the defenders are forced to commit considerable time sending each one on their way. It's like sitting around highsec shooting gank ships. The attackers don't care that they are losing them and keep sending them laughing while you waste your time. If you can't see how a system that allows people in a shitfit interceptor to be a threat to contest space that actually requires a response is a bad idea, there's no hope for you. I imagine they will make serious changes to it since it's clear that most people find it insanely boring.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#364 - 2015-08-04 21:38:13 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Eli Stan wrote:
Also, one of the expliccit goals of Aegis Sov was to make it easy to take unclaimed space. Allowing interceptors to claim sov when nobody around is a good thing. As preventing an interceptor from taking sov is easy when the space is occupied.
Easier than dominion, which battleships would be. If you cant field a battleship to your target system, you probably shouldn't be trying to take sov.
I think if you can not fend off what you call a "troll ceptor" that has only 25km to entosis then you should not hold sov. At least in that system anyways!
And once again, it's not that it can;t be done, it's that it's boring. A game that is boring is destined to die. Just look at it mate. A new sov system and the player count hardly blips.

Frostys Virpio wrote:
*Stuff*
It call comes down to commitment though. An attacker is committing a trollceptor because they choose to, while the defenders are forced to commit considerable time sending each one on their way. It's like sitting around highsec shooting gank ships. The attackers don't care that they are losing them and keep sending them laughing while you waste your time. If you can't see how a system that allows people in a shitfit interceptor to be a threat to contest space that actually requires a response is a bad idea, there's no hope for you. I imagine they will make serious changes to it since it's clear that most people find it insanely boring.

I know the trolling is stupid but that does not mean you can't flat out prevent the node contest from happening. I want the devs to make a statement on the trolling tbh so we know if they really want it to stay like that or not. I think it's stupid but my only idea to really make it less of a PITA is to put the same added mass on both entosis link mod so the inty is actaully really burdened if it fit one.

In the meantime, occupancy is the name of the game if you don't want to deal with orbiting nodes. Someone has to waste 10-15 minutes every ~40 mins to push the troll and entosis the structure back to normal if someone came.
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#365 - 2015-08-04 21:52:39 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
I think the objection is that with letting interceptors and other fast moving ships use the entosis link is that we are still getting the blueball tactic. Now instead of not showing for the fight, the attacker runs from it.

Granted, I agree that if nobody shows up and reinforcement happens and nodes spawn…the alliance holding that system screwed up. They deserve what they get. Granted if nobody shows up ever and they lose the system…okay, again they deserve it.

I think what people would like is for there to be some chance of shots being fired vs. just getting the warning, burning to the system under attack, damp/jam/whatever the ship with the entosis link, that then fucks off to another system to entosis the relevant structure there…until somebody shows up and damps/jams/whatever again.

Maybe things will change on their own. Defenders will get better at stopping the single frigate/ceptor etc. from doing the entosis thing. The attackers might bring more people, and fights will start occurring. But if not, my guess is that the current version of Fozziesov will be changed.

Edit: Typo

Yeah, I'm thinking that it could be good if, when an attacker activates an Entosis Link, it must be subject to engagement by whatever the defenders decide to bring until the node is captured... CCP has already taken a step in that direction by preventing warp while an Entosis is active. But something fast can burn away in a straight line, and I don't like restricting speed artificially. What about restricting how from from the node the Entosis ship can travel? Like, the range of the Entosis? So an interceptor orbiting a node at 7 km/s can continue to do so while using a T1 Entosis - but could never get further than 25km away from the node? Similarly for T2, with a 250 km limit. That gives the Entosing ship the space to operate within its limits and use its appropriate tactics in combat - but for the duration of the capture, it's subject to remaining on grid and cannot simply burn away in a straight line. And to be clear, I'm talking about the capture of the node, not just an Entosis cycle. In other words, like a reverse POS shield, anybody can land on-grid with a contested node, but any ship with an Entosis Link mod fitted cannot leave grid until the node is either fully capture of defended. Shenanigans with mobile depots would, of course, be possible. But preventing an Entosis ship from leaving I think can provide for some interesting tactics... including traps!
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#366 - 2015-08-04 21:56:40 UTC
Icycle wrote:
The bigest battles in eve for the most part have been escalations. One brings something, the other brigs something bigger and more and more etc. This in no doubt will happen sooner or later. If you guys did not blue ball each other it would happen more oftern but here we are...Stop blaiming CCP for your policies! You want content of massive scale fine, set a few of your blues to neut and let the slugfest begin. Dont then wait for it to happen or deploy to an enemies territory just like Razor and Init are doing.

Yep! Three Hels were destroyed in Syndicate for just such a reason. That being, no reason at all other than two sides wanting to out-escalate their opponents. Twisted (Which is why we lost badly the one time we tried to out-escalate some of our Syndicate neighbors. It was, I think, the first time any of us had been subject to being doomsdayed. Instead, we'll take fights with what we've brought, with the understanding we could lose it all. We can often get good fights that way. But we don't escalate.)

Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Unspoken Alliance.
#367 - 2015-08-04 22:46:59 UTC
One modification I might agree with - ships with entosis mods fitted lose their nullification ability so trollceptors can be bubbled.

Wouldn't really change much for us though because we send our entosis ships with small gang protection looking for a skirmish.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#368 - 2015-08-05 00:50:54 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
...The system is designed so that you HAVE to respond on attacked before it gets reinforced. ...
Annoying hassle.
In most low threat cases, let them RF it then see if they actually show up. If they do not then set the miners on the nodes, they love that boring stuff.
If the reds show up then N+1 and wreck their ships.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#369 - 2015-08-05 04:00:05 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:
One modification I might agree with - ships with entosis mods fitted lose their nullification ability so trollceptors can be bubbled.

Wouldn't really change much for us though because we send our entosis ships with small gang protection looking for a skirmish.

Now that is an interesting suggestion....

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#370 - 2015-08-05 04:02:31 UTC
Eli Stan wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
I think the objection is that with letting interceptors and other fast moving ships use the entosis link is that we are still getting the blueball tactic. Now instead of not showing for the fight, the attacker runs from it.

Granted, I agree that if nobody shows up and reinforcement happens and nodes spawn…the alliance holding that system screwed up. They deserve what they get. Granted if nobody shows up ever and they lose the system…okay, again they deserve it.

I think what people would like is for there to be some chance of shots being fired vs. just getting the warning, burning to the system under attack, damp/jam/whatever the ship with the entosis link, that then fucks off to another system to entosis the relevant structure there…until somebody shows up and damps/jams/whatever again.

Maybe things will change on their own. Defenders will get better at stopping the single frigate/ceptor etc. from doing the entosis thing. The attackers might bring more people, and fights will start occurring. But if not, my guess is that the current version of Fozziesov will be changed.

Edit: Typo

Yeah, I'm thinking that it could be good if, when an attacker activates an Entosis Link, it must be subject to engagement by whatever the defenders decide to bring until the node is captured... CCP has already taken a step in that direction by preventing warp while an Entosis is active. But something fast can burn away in a straight line, and I don't like restricting speed artificially. What about restricting how from from the node the Entosis ship can travel? Like, the range of the Entosis? So an interceptor orbiting a node at 7 km/s can continue to do so while using a T1 Entosis - but could never get further than 25km away from the node? Similarly for T2, with a 250 km limit. That gives the Entosing ship the space to operate within its limits and use its appropriate tactics in combat - but for the duration of the capture, it's subject to remaining on grid and cannot simply burn away in a straight line. And to be clear, I'm talking about the capture of the node, not just an Entosis cycle. In other words, like a reverse POS shield, anybody can land on-grid with a contested node, but any ship with an Entosis Link mod fitted cannot leave grid until the node is either fully capture of defended. Shenanigans with mobile depots would, of course, be possible. But preventing an Entosis ship from leaving I think can provide for some interesting tactics... including traps!

Now that is an interesting response.

I'm skeptical of Fozziesov in its current form...but then again something like a sov revamp is going to probably need iterating on....

In any event, thanks for the thoughtful reply.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#371 - 2015-08-05 06:16:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Look at that, Teckos Pech praising anything that makes it more difficult for people to do guerilla hit and run type attacks. Love the self-interested posting.

The Imperium has just got on with it and set up their systems ADM, I have especially noted that EXE seems to have been rather efficient at it. Having done that you just have to maintain it and blap the odd person who won't be able to do anything really in your prime time with an interceptor. With your high ADM its is perhaps working as intended because to RF your systems someone will have to bring a fleet for grid control. I have to ask did Mo threaten to hot drop any one not ratting, quite a reverse in policy that one.

For the past couple of weeks I looked in detail at Estoria which is of some interest to me, even the die hard mission runners in Stain are in Sov space grinding, and many of their PvP'rs too, its only a few pipe systems which are getting RF'd but that is more to keep them occupied so we can do what we want, those people no longer have free reign to camp us in Stain because we can cause them pain back on the systems they have sov on but don't use, so instead of hassling us, they are saving their systems.

If you make it easier to kill something like you suggest, then you remove the ability for people to fight back against harassment by doing the same back, hell I have a way of being as annoying as AFK cloaky campers to those people who just dropped an AFK toon in every system I used, and I rather like it and you lot are moaning about it, typical.

Stop moaning, your coalition is doing it right and many others too, and another thing to note, the change in attitudes in this game will be even greater when the new structures come in, especially when they are destructible. This means that people should keep watching and learning, while waiting for that structure change to occur and then see how that pans out. Personally I think it requires certain groups to die due to boredom before 0.0 can be fun again. I find the concept of people like the Imperium, PL and NCDOT doing whack a mole on any small sov holder pretty boring and that requires a long period of boredom for these groups in only finding one system to hell camp or people using sov in a nomadic way.

CCP allowed Titans and Supers to ruin their game, coming back from that will take time.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#372 - 2015-08-05 07:11:04 UTC
UAxDEATH wrote:
[This situation can no longer exist in its current state. We are highly determined and if all our demands and solutions are not addressed in a week's time, we reserve the right to fight back for our game time and fun, which we were stripped off by the new game mechanics.

What precisely do you mean by "fight back"?

Will you hire a lawyer and sue CCP for loss of income? Will you demand the refund of your subscriptions?

Anyway, your deadline expires in 60 hours. Remember to ventilate deeply and thoroughly before you start to hold your breath.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#373 - 2015-08-05 07:46:47 UTC
Quote:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

I have removed a post.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#374 - 2015-08-05 07:58:17 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Look at that, Teckos Pech praising anything that makes it more difficult for people to do guerilla hit and run type attacks. Love the self-interested posting.

The Imperium has just got on with it and set up their systems ADM, I have especially noted that EXE seems to have been rather efficient at it. Having done that you just have to maintain it and blap the odd person who won't be able to do anything really in your prime time with an interceptor. With your high ADM its is perhaps working as intended because to RF your systems someone will have to bring a fleet for grid control. I have to ask did Mo threaten to hot drop any one not ratting, quite a reverse in policy that one.

For the past couple of weeks I looked in detail at Estoria which is of some interest to me, even the die hard mission runners in Stain are in Sov space grinding, and many of their PvP'rs too, its only a few pipe systems which are getting RF'd but that is more to keep them occupied so we can do what we want, those people no longer have free reign to camp us in Stain because we can cause them pain back on the systems they have sov on but don't use, so instead of hassling us, they are saving their systems.

If you make it easier to kill something like you suggest, then you remove the ability for people to fight back against harassment by doing the same back, hell I have a way of being as annoying as AFK cloaky campers to those people who just dropped an AFK toon in every system I used, and I rather like it and you lot are moaning about it, typical.

Stop moaning, your coalition is doing it right and many others too, and another thing to note, the change in attitudes in this game will be even greater when the new structures come in, especially when they are destructible. This means that people should keep watching and learning, while waiting for that structure change to occur and then see how that pans out. Personally I think it requires certain groups to die due to boredom before 0.0 can be fun again. I find the concept of people like the Imperium, PL and NCDOT doing whack a mole on any small sov holder pretty boring and that requires a long period of boredom for these groups in only finding one system to hell camp or people using sov in a nomadic way.

CCP allowed Titans and Supers to ruin their game, coming back from that will take time.

Okay lets think about this.

A guys shows up, activates the entosis link waits for the first cycle to about finish then burns away....notice is sent and off he goes to the next structure. He does that for as many structures as he can, then docks up.

Is it valid? Sure. There are damn few rules in the game and he is not doing anything all that outlandish given the mechanics.

Is he creating content? Yeah, the people who own the sov will likely have to respond.

Most important question, is it interesting? No, not really. In fact, it is rather boring.

Now, I'm not saying change it, CCP. I'm saying my issue is that I hope this isn't all we are going to get out of Fozziesov. Cause if it is, that downward trend in players logged in...it will likely start going down again. When it goes down enough...none of us will be logging in (FYI, to my trained eye, the downward trend appears to have abated...lets hope it continues like that and even goes the other way).

Yes, the Imperium is doing okay with this aside from the hot spot in Pure Blind. I'm hoping it leads to more than just interceptor gangs and other stuff running around using their entosis links or ******* off. I like the idea of people deciding to fight over a system, constellation, etc.

I'm hoping Fozziesov will become that. But everybody like you having a boner over the current situation is not really a good long term solution to the problems facing the game.

To the extent that Fozziesov results in a more dynamic, diverse and interesting NS....fantastic. No really. Maybe some of the current alliances will let go of space and that will happen. If Fozziesov induces some alliances to even....gasp...bring in people more dedicated towards things like mining I'm fine with it. After all, getting some guys out there to mine sites will help push up those indices. And hey, they can probably build stuff too...making sourcing stuff locally easier too. I'm hoping this is where Fozziesov goes. I'm just skeptical it will. After all, to get miners and a dynamic and diverse null sec...you'll also need stability.

Think about it, places that are unstable and chaotic are not usually places where you find people thriving. Those are usually places people want to leave. So for NS we need a healthy tension between conflict and stability. Things stable enough for people to want to invest the time and energy into NS...yet with enough conflict for there to "fun".

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#375 - 2015-08-05 08:35:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Teckos Pech wrote:
Okay lets think about this.

A guys shows up, activates the entosis link waits for the first cycle to about finish then burns away....notice is sent and off he goes to the next structure. He does that for as many structures as he can, then docks up.

Is it valid? Sure. There are damn few rules in the game and he is not doing anything all that outlandish given the mechanics.

Is he creating content? Yeah, the people who own the sov will likely have to respond.

Most important question, is it interesting? No, not really. In fact, it is rather boring.

Now, I'm not saying change it, CCP. I'm saying my issue is that I hope this isn't all we are going to get out of Fozziesov. Cause if it is, that downward trend in players logged in...it will likely start going down again. When it goes down enough...none of us will be logging in (FYI, to my trained eye, the downward trend appears to have abated...lets hope it continues like that and even goes the other way).

Yes, the Imperium is doing okay with this aside from the hot spot in Pure Blind. I'm hoping it leads to more than just interceptor gangs and other stuff running around using their entosis links or ******* off. I like the idea of people deciding to fight over a system, constellation, etc.

I'm hoping Fozziesov will become that. But everybody like you having a boner over the current situation is not really a good long term solution to the problems facing the game.

To the extent that Fozziesov results in a more dynamic, diverse and interesting NS....fantastic. No really. Maybe some of the current alliances will let go of space and that will happen. If Fozziesov induces some alliances to even....gasp...bring in people more dedicated towards things like mining I'm fine with it. After all, getting some guys out there to mine sites will help push up those indices. And hey, they can probably build stuff too...making sourcing stuff locally easier too. I'm hoping this is where Fozziesov goes. I'm just skeptical it will. After all, to get miners and a dynamic and diverse null sec...you'll also need stability.

Think about it, places that are unstable and chaotic are not usually places where you find people thriving. Those are usually places people want to leave. So for NS we need a healthy tension between conflict and stability. Things stable enough for people to want to invest the time and energy into NS...yet with enough conflict for there to "fun".

That is a better post, I am not simplisticly getting a boner over it, I am telling you that I can now get back at the people who could and did AFK cloaky camp me with impunity which is more boring than what you described, now I get into a specific fit Loki with 250 km range 5,000 m/s speed, nullified cloaked and cause them pain back on the systems they do not use. You know that I will not do it on systems they use.

Many people in hisec are bored with the Goon lead gank campaigns in hisec, its not interesting for that group on the receiving end either and it has resulted in people leaving the game, should CCP nerf ganking no, should they make adjustments yes, but they haven't.

In terms of Pure Blind, there is a weak spot, poor systems with low ADM which are difficult to get up to a defensible level and with good reason, its bad space. It is also border system skirmish warfare, but I spot checked a number of systems before I found a Condor kill with an enosis link. But is there combat also around the mining sites or the anoms? That is also part of the battleground, not just the structure.

I think the downward trend has also stopped, the numbers were showing more of a loss of people doing stuff in hisec, activity in null has increased, however that may be people doing frantic work to get their ADM up. I am skeptical too, not so much at the issues people here have detailed starting off with the OP, but more to do with the large numbers of people that will come in and hell camp anyone who sets up in systems that they can defend. Add that to destructible stations which may end up being designed to be loot fonts then one has to say that it will fail.

I think its too early for changes like you suggested. But also at some point there will be a fight between people who actually want the space and hopefully without third parties ruining it and then we shall see. But with a load of very organised and highly equipped bored people looking to kill something in this game I wonder if it would get the chance to actually happen.

This system needs time to settle down, the Imperium are leading the way in how they have structured themselves, but I see similar developments in Estoria too but I would so love to see a real border war develop in Pure Blind. But I doubt it will happen because the same massive super and titan blob also looms over this system, because at the end of the day it is all about grid control in systems that people want to keep and in that case you will get big fights, but perhaps you guys won't get them because you are just too strong...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Unspoken Alliance.
#376 - 2015-08-05 09:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Akballah Kassan
Teckos Pech wrote:
Akballah Kassan wrote:

Now that is an interesting suggestion....

I have another, how about any entosis ship that leaves entosis range without completing a cycle then the entosis module explodes and is permanently lost. That's 50 million (estimated mod price) and a refit needed everytime there is a failed attack.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#377 - 2015-08-05 09:41:05 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
[quote=Eli Stan]Also, one of the expliccit goals of Aegis Sov was to make it easy to take unclaimed space. Allowing interceptors to claim sov when nobody around is a good thing. As preventing an interceptor from taking sov is easy when the space is occupied.

Maybe boring to you but defenetly not to me. I am on the offensive all day long. You are on the defensive. Thats what you get for trying to defend a system thats you dont live in. I got more than I can handle and I am having fun every night.
Its early days yet and people are still working it out. Besides other parts are left also to deploy.
I am pritty sure once people realise that they cannot defend system that are too far they will let go of them.
Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Unspoken Alliance.
#378 - 2015-08-05 10:06:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Akballah Kassan
High sec ganking is 'unfun' for the person getting ganked, should we ban all non wardec aggression in high sec?

Perhaps every person ever ganked by Goons should grab an entosis link and go get revenge by attacking Goon space in Pure Blind. :)
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#379 - 2015-08-05 10:08:01 UTC
Icycle wrote:
A new sov system and the player count hardly blips.

Have to admit that this has me quite concerned. At this stage I'm less interested in who is right and who is wrong and more interested in why people aren't logging back in.

The new sov system needs to work from a player count perspective. So far, it ain't.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#380 - 2015-08-05 10:15:59 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Maybe boring to you but defenetly not to me. I am on the offensive all day long. You are on the defensive. Thats what you get for trying to defend a system thats you dont live in. I got more than I can handle and I am having fun every night.
Its early days yet and people are still working it out. Besides other parts are left also to deploy.
I am pritty sure once people realise that they cannot defend system that are too far they will let go of them.
It's nothing to do with systems we don't live in. Even defending systems we do live in is boring. Nobody wants to chase around nullified ships. Never did, never will, it's a bad design. I understand that you are having fun because you follow your leaders in being overly grr goons, so the idea of goons having to waste their time makes you fap like crazy, but the system itself is just not entertaining.

You keep trying to claim this is about people not bothering to defend or not living in their space and I keep telling you it's not about that. I couldn't give a flying **** what happens to space too far away for us to defend, but the system is boring as sin FOR SPACE WE LIVE IN. You hang around with gen eve too much.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.