These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Collective petition about fozziesov

First post First post First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#321 - 2015-08-04 09:26:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Yeah, there's a sort of minimum needed to hold sov.

But one person can make a corp, make an alliance, get some intercceptors (or such, take your pick) and sov lasers and go troll them some sov in them there hills (hells)

If you're small, know where to aim, stick to trolling those big enough to hold sov. Remember, Unclaimed is your victory cry!!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#322 - 2015-08-04 09:37:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Alavaria Fera wrote:

But one person can make a corp, make an alliance, get some intercceptors (or such, take your pick) and sov lasers and go troll them some sov in them there hills (hells)

If you're small, know where to aim, stick to trolling those big enough to hold sov. Remember, Unclaimed is your victory cry!!

well if its one person then its very easy to deal with them. After all you got 50000 poeple in your coalition.
or are you trying to tell me you cant fend off a small gang? OR you dont want to? If you dont want to then that means you probably dont really want to bother to jump far away where your alliance dont live. Why defend a system you dont live in? I wouldnt too.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#323 - 2015-08-04 09:47:59 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

well if its one person then its very easy to deal with them. After all you got 50000 poeple in your coalition.
or are you trying to tell me you cant fend off a small gang? OR you dont want to? If you dont want to then that means you probably dont really want to bother to jump far away where your alliance dont live. Why defend a system you dont live in? I wouldnt too.
It's not that it's hard to deal with them, it's that it's boring as sin. This is why people aren't rushing back to play with the sov system, because it's ****. What should have been a reason for mass resubs has just reaffirmed why a lot of people left in the first place.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#324 - 2015-08-04 09:49:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Teckos Pech wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

I am looking forward to the first major Imperium campaign, should be amusing to see just how many people flood into Imperium space for pay back time.

Why I never would have thought of that possibility at all!

You sir are a tactician without peer. Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, and Dracvlad. P

No its just blindingly obvious, its also obvious that the Imperium has a counter set up for it too, my comment was more aimed in an amused way at the numbers who decide to try it, but if you want to make a very lame fuss out of it, with a fail sarcastic comment that in effect made you look foolish, feel free, but you need to improve your reading comprehension skill a bit mate because that sentence was more focussed on the numbers that will come in when you lot are on campaign as compared to the numbers now which some of the lessor Imperium members are complaining about.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#325 - 2015-08-04 10:28:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Lucas Kell wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

It's not that it's hard to deal with them, it's that it's boring as sin. This is why people aren't rushing back to play with the sov system, because it's ****. What should have been a reason for mass resubs has just reaffirmed why a lot of people left in the first place.

OK so if its boring for you (defenetly not for me), then why defend it? Why defend a system you are not interested in? To alot of other people getting blobbed is not exactly fun. I know you guys like it but some others dont and you can not have always your way.

Or even better, why not wait for it to get reinforced and deal with it when it comes out of reinforcement. I mean if there is going to be a battle there will be just like in previous sov...

You have to concider. ATM we are the only game in town in the north besides OOS. So its not like you are going to get a super or capital fight from us =). We will deny you the good fight as much as you guys also deny us the good fights.
flakeys
Doomheim
#326 - 2015-08-04 10:56:55 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

''Out to ruin YOUR game'' ... Big smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#327 - 2015-08-04 10:58:09 UTC
Icycle wrote:
OK so if its boring for you (defenetly not for me), then why defend it? Why defend a system you are not interested in? To alot of other people getting blobbed is not exactly fun. I know you guys like it but some others dont and you can not have always your way.

Massadeath told us this time would be different and the evil empire would fall Big smile

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#328 - 2015-08-04 11:01:53 UTC
Icycle wrote:

Or even better, why not wait for it to get reinforced and deal with it when it comes out of reinforcement. I mean if there is going to be a battle there will be just like in previous sov...

You have to concider. ATM we are the only game in town in the north besides OOS. So its not like you are going to get a super or capital fight from us =). We will deny you the good fight as much as you guys also deny us the good fights.
But you're not finding the mechanics fun, you're finding it fun because you can use disposable ships to troll huge alliances with ease. You can't tell me that you enjoy firing what is effectively a mining laser at a structure.

And we defend if because we want the space, so we're forced to take part in terrible mechanics to maintain what we have. The idea of this change was to create conflict, but it's not doing that. The thing is, you guys have been CTAd to this thread by your leadership to support bad mechanics purely because they get kicks out of watching goons have to repeatedly respond to sov trolling. We all know the mechanics are bad, but your leadership is happy to watch CCP develop bad mechanics because of their "grr goons" mentality.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#329 - 2015-08-04 11:13:35 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
But you're not finding the mechanics fun, you're finding it fun because you can use disposable ships to troll huge alliances with ease. You can't tell me that you enjoy firing what is effectively a mining laser at a structure.

Mechanics itself isn't going to be fun, that would imply some sort of PvE minigame or something, I dunno. It's all about sorting out who will get to use it at all, this is where it should be anyway.

I mean, flag carrying in UT is literally just touching two points on the map consequently, but who cares, it's about shooting players, right?

Lucas Kell wrote:
And we defend if because we want the space, so we're forced to take part in terrible mechanics to maintain what we have. The idea of this change was to create conflict, but it's not doing that. The thing is, you guys have been CTAd to this thread by your leadership to support bad mechanics purely because they get kicks out of watching goons have to repeatedly respond to sov trolling. We all know the mechanics are bad, but your leadership is happy to watch CCP develop bad mechanics because of their "grr goons" mentality.

grr "grr goons mentality" much?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#330 - 2015-08-04 11:17:50 UTC
One could say similar things about what happens whenever we go to war~

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#331 - 2015-08-04 11:31:49 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Icycle wrote:

When i am entosing, to me its exactly the same.The laser effect may look similar to mining but I dont look at it this way. I look at it as if I am shooting lasers at it cos the effect in the end is exactly the same. I reinforce it and the structure does blow up in the end exactly as before. Thats the truth.
The why we use small ships its easy. We cannot afford it and why should we when we get blobbed every time ;)
Ok so you want to keep space that you dont live in. Fair enough. Well suffer the consequences. The new expansion is suppose to help smaller entities take space or at least rattle the current space and disrupting a bit the blue balling in eve.
We are creating conflict. Otherwise you will not be complaining in here!
Actually it was me who told our leaders that about the new threads. It was me that initiated the post. I do what I want to do. If I dont like it, I leave. Nobody tell me what to do.
Leaders dont have to tell me anything. I like this out of my choice nothign to do with leaders. I always wanted to poke at CFC and always wished for a day gorrilla warfare will be a valid game in eve. Well its finally here and I just cant get enough.

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#332 - 2015-08-04 12:03:52 UTC
Guerrilla warfare always has been viable. The problem is that Gen and Massa aren't exactly on par with wheniaminspace and ammzi in the tactics department.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#333 - 2015-08-04 12:16:43 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Guerrilla warfare always has been viable. The problem is that Gen and Massa aren't exactly on par with wheniaminspace and ammzi in the tactics department.

There is also the problem of currently defending space with relatively low usage case. I know there are plans for PB but currently, it's a shitshow mostly because anyone can freely entosis there. I don't recall any systems where people actually live getting trolled yet. I'm not sure about our allies' space but I'd guess they get the same stuff. The space they are active in never get reinforced because it's easy to prevent and any system where there isn't ever anyone doing anything are the systems trolls keep reinforcing because it's easy.

Holding space because you WANT that space just won't work long term. People's will is bound tu burn down from defending the same system over and over again. The space you NEED on the other hand won't get trolled because nobody will be able to troll entosis a system where you have some ratters in around the clock as long as those ratters put in the :effort: to prevent reinforcements.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#334 - 2015-08-04 12:17:59 UTC

Well entosis is not the whole package. Entosis give a real capability for herassment. The realisty is that guerilla warfare before was only about spies, stealing, gate camps and cyno jumping someone. Paying off people, treason etc. But it lacked the serious ability to engage where it hurts and disapear into the forest quickly. Now this is viable. The most important thing about this that this is only realy feasible in systems you dont live cos you cant really entosis a system where you live it unless you bring everything. So yes, its refreshing and very fun to do this.
CCP Falcon
#335 - 2015-08-04 12:18:15 UTC
Moving this to the Assembly Hall

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#336 - 2015-08-04 12:22:54 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:

There is also the problem of currently defending space with relatively low usage case. I know there are plans for PB but currently, it's a shitshow mostly because anyone can freely entosis there. I don't recall any systems where people actually live getting trolled yet. I'm not sure about our allies' space but I'd guess they get the same stuff. The space they are active in never get reinforced because it's easy to prevent and any system where there isn't ever anyone doing anything are the systems trolls keep reinforcing because it's easy.

Holding space because you WANT that space just won't work long term. People's will is bound tu burn down from defending the same system over and over again. The space you NEED on the other hand won't get trolled because nobody will be able to troll entosis a system where you have some ratters in around the clock as long as those ratters put in the :effort: to prevent reinforcements.

If you NEED it, you live in it! If you WANT it you live in it! You dont live in it in either case.
Easy solution. You dont want it entosied, start living in it. You dont live in it, it will get entosied.
Jang Ezhdeha
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#337 - 2015-08-04 12:26:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Jang Ezhdeha
Fozzie Sov is great! The big complaint I see is that these big Alliances cant hold what they have because they have overreached and have more space than they should. If your 1000+ member alliance cant hold off a small gang then you have two choices, get more members to actually fill the space you have or reduce the sovereignty that you hold so your current numbers can defend it. Stop crying to CCP because you actually have to work to keep what you have.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#338 - 2015-08-04 13:55:56 UTC
Icycle wrote:
The why we use small ships its easy.
See! It's easy! You want to maintain your easy gameplay.

Icycle wrote:
Ok so you want to keep space that you dont live in.
No. If we don't live in it, it should be easy. The problem is that even space people are living in is easy and requires no real commitment. I'd be happy to see active systems need battleship links and inactive systems need rookie ships.

Icycle wrote:
I do what I want to do. If I dont like it, I leave. Nobody tell me what to do.
Leaders dont have to tell me anything. I like this out of my choice nothing to do with leaders.
Lol, bull. You're pretty much echoing gen eve, just with slightly better grammar.

Pah Cova
Made in Portugal S.A.
#339 - 2015-08-04 14:00:01 UTC
Billy Bojangle wrote:
Pah Cova wrote:

Players who have left are not turning back until they have what they want and part of them are not going back anymore, they are felling defrauded by CCP so I cant blame them since the last 4 years we get all in one way or another being defrauded due the systemic nerfs, changes on the way we play the game and CCP words are adpat. So for at least 20.000 palyers they have adapted themselves once and for all, they leave the game and I belive much more will leave the game soon enough. New players dont count on that, when they reach the game, they leave in a week or two, too complex, too many changes all the time, scaming and harassment to new players who dosent know what to do, so their best way is to move to another game without all of this...

Can I have your stuff?

Sure you cant, that´s why its MY STUFF, better to burn them if i leave then give it to someone else, you want stuff? Work as I did.

Backing to the point of this thread, even if there are half of null sec to claim sov, people arent going there to claim it, theres too many people (like me I assume that) that dosent want to be in huge or bigger corps they prefer small corps. CCP are trying to force hs people to go into null to big or huge corps, thats not going to happen never, that people dont want big corps and specially pvp 23/7, they want to do what they want and what they like, not what others want them to do.
Then and again the lack of mobility to move their stuff into null are not helping at all, if CCP thinks that they are gonna sell their stuff to buy new ones in null, forget, thats not going to happen, maybe a few dozens do it, but thats all.

In Dominion people are going on null just because they have mobility, they enjoy for some safety and everybody has what are looking for, I assume that shooting structures for hours is not fun too, however that provides pvp if the intention are to defend that particular system. Now with the all power in only one side, of course, nobody shows up to defend anything, they just dont care, they loose it defend it or not, you can call them chickens, I call them smarts.

The real problem in this game are the tremendous power in just one side vs the all other sides, its not proportional, that is the main problem that CCP must look into first before develop something that can punish once again the same guys. But i guess why they dont look into that way, its no convenient...
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#340 - 2015-08-04 14:23:19 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:

No. If we don't live in it, it should be easy. The problem is that even space people are living in is easy and requires no real commitment. I'd be happy to see active systems need battleship links and inactive systems need rookie ships.

What system with people living into it got reinforced? What were the index on it when it got reinforced and why did nobody manage to just prevent the reinforce in the first place?