These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EveAI Live (EVE-Online API/class library for .Net/ C#/ VB.Net)

Author
Hitchens Genesis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2011-12-08 01:08:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitchens Genesis
I am trying to use the market api but having trouble, are there any docs out there for all the objects?

One thing i'm looking for is # of order per day. on eve central I can see several orders at the same station for an item and the date it was placed, but I can't find that in the API. I can get statistics like high and low price, but not # of orders per day.

please let me know if that option is in there somewhere.

overall awesome API!
Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#42 - 2011-12-08 08:42:51 UTC
Modescond wrote:
The static data code last time i checked, already looked for the embeded zip file, not finding that, it looked for an external file. Not finding that it threw an error.

For those of us that never use it, it's just extra bloat.

I'll see if I can easily create a release without them.

Hitchens Genesis wrote:
I am trying to use the market api but having trouble, are there any docs out there for all the objects?

One thing i'm looking for is # of order per day. on eve central I can see several orders at the same station for an item and the date it was placed, but I can't find that in the API. I can get statistics like high and low price, but not # of orders per day.

please let me know if that option is in there somewhere.

overall awesome API!

It's because that doesn't exist on EveAI, I'll add it ;)

EveAI developper: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21803

Hitchens Genesis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2011-12-08 15:13:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitchens Genesis
Awesome, I'll keep an eye out!

What I'm really after is the number in the "orders" column in the price history table view. I think that is the number of completed sales orders, but I am unsure. I don't think I can get that from eve-central but I may be able to take a guess if I get the number of buy/sell orders placed per day.
Ollie Cromwell
Generations Gaming Fleet
#44 - 2011-12-08 18:35:35 UTC
Hi There,

First off ... thank you for a great Library/API wrapper. It has helped me a lot so far ...

However, I'm running into a little problem ...
With Incarna, the employmenthistory is added to the characterInfo result set. The employment history contains the CorporationId and i'm using this id to try and find 'just' the corporation information that goes with it...

However there is no way (at least I couldn't find it in the EveAI library) to get corporationInfo without using an API key.
Nevertheless the Eve API states for the CorporationSheet ...

Parameters for use without an API key:
No Key: Public details of any corporation can be retrieved without an API key.

Something like the following would be nice:
EveApi api = new EveApi();
CorporationSheet corpSheet = api.GetCorporationSheet( corporationId );

Maybe something like this exists, but I've missed it.

thnx in advance for your time/effort.

Ollie Cromwll.
Igor Ellecon
RED GUARD.inc
Northern Coalition.
#45 - 2011-12-09 19:15:09 UTC
Jognu wrote:

Igor Ellecon wrote:
How i can get pilot names for corp market orders?

Pilot name of the vendor ?

yep
Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#46 - 2011-12-09 22:28:58 UTC
Igor Ellecon wrote:
Jognu wrote:

Igor Ellecon wrote:
How i can get pilot names for corp market orders?

Pilot name of the vendor ?

yep

Look here : http://pastebin.com/ALnDfkND (eveforums doesn't allow <> with text inside...)

And you got it !

Ollie Cromwell > I'll look to add it after the EveCentral update for Hitchens Genesis ;)

Igor Ellecon
RED GUARD.inc
Northern Coalition.
#47 - 2011-12-11 08:10:49 UTC
works fine, thanks.
Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#48 - 2011-12-12 17:29:56 UTC
Update with the EveCentral request and the CorporationSheet request !

Quote:
Version 2.2.0.0

• New percentile attribute on the EveCentralMarketApi GetProductStatistics method
  • Removal of the EveMetricsMarketApi
  • New method for the EveCentralMarketApi : GetProductOrders (quicklook)
  • Update for the CorporationSheetApi : now allows request without AuthentificationData

Hitchens Genesis > You can now use the EveCentralMarketApi with the GetProductOrders methods.
With that you can count the number of orders placed per day (the number of completed order is not on eve-central).
The GetProductOrders is the quicklook of EveCentral.

Ollie Cromwell > You can now call the CorporationSheetApi without ApiKey, like that :
Quote:
CorporationSheetApi testApi = new CorporationSheetApi();
testApi.CorporationID = theID;
testApi.UpdateData();
CorporationSheet resultatTest = testApi.Data;

Hitchens Genesis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2011-12-14 02:01:09 UTC
Thank you very VERY much!!

Ollie Cromwell
Generations Gaming Fleet
#50 - 2011-12-14 12:44:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Ollie Cromwell
Thank you very Much indeed... I'll try to test/implement it tonight/tomorrow Big smile

*edit*

Confirming the CorporationSheet is now working ...
Driky
Space Drunks Driving
#51 - 2011-12-19 11:59:51 UTC
Hi Jognu !
First great work!
I'm currently looking to code my first app using eve api, and was wondering if the sources of eveAI were available somewhere?

it's just that it's easier to learn using the api with the source than without.

Sorry if my english is a little weird, i'm not so good at writing in the language of Shakespeare.
Si Brasso
#52 - 2011-12-27 16:26:57 UTC
Hi

I've used the GetCorporationWalletJournal as the datasouce of a gridview, but it only returns 50 rows. How can I get it to return more or apply filters so that I'm only seeing what I need to, Planetary export/import tax income.

Many Thanks

Si Brasso
Max Flipper
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#53 - 2012-01-02 01:59:08 UTC
Si Brasso wrote:
Hi

I've used the GetCorporationWalletJournal as the datasouce of a gridview, but it only returns 50 rows. How can I get it to return more or apply filters so that I'm only seeing what I need to, Planetary export/import tax income.

Many Thanks

Si Brasso

That broke when they introduced Journal Walking and i also just discovered its still in that state! (unless i missed something in EveAI)

Would be nice if you could fix this, keep up the good work!
Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#54 - 2012-01-02 03:34:12 UTC
Max Flipper wrote:
Si Brasso wrote:
Hi

Many Thanks

Si Brasso

That broke when they introduced Journal Walking and i also just discovered its still in that state! (unless i missed something in EveAI)

Is something similar to the corporation killlog available? I'm attempting to pull all the kills for a specific date range, but it is limited to the most recent 100.

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#55 - 2012-01-03 21:47:30 UTC
Sorry for the response time (X-mas, new year, you know Smile) !

Driky wrote:
Hi Jognu !
First great work!
I'm currently looking to code my first app using eve api, and was wondering if the sources of eveAI were available somewhere?

it's just that it's easier to learn using the api with the source than without.

Sorry if my english is a little weird, i'm not so good at writing in the language of Shakespeare.

Amida who created the lib has said that he don't want to publish the code, so I prefer follow his wish.
But you can find samples codes here (http://wiki.eve-id.net/EveAI), and a list of API functions here (http://wiki.eve-id.net/APIv2_Page_Index), it's really easy to use.
Just ask if you can not make something work Blink

Max Flipper wrote:
Si Brasso wrote:
Hi

Many Thanks

Si Brasso

Try with the last release (at the end of my post).
With this you can use advanced mode to define a number of rows : http://pastebin.com/LU7MvBiB

You can also use the fromID attribute, see here for more information : http://wiki.eve-id.net/APIv2_Char_JournalEntries_XML

(It is not possible to filter on the entry type on the API, but you can do this after on your List)

Burseg Sardaukar wrote:

Is something similar to the corporation killlog available? I'm attempting to pull all the kills for a specific date range, but it is limited to the most recent 100.

With this release you can do that, just use the advanced mode like this : http://pastebin.com/tWAmbPbM
You have to use beforeKillID to retrieve more than 100 killlogs.
With that you will retrieve the most recent kills before this killID.
According to this you should start with the beforeKillID set to 0, get the last killID and then use it for the next call.
It is possible that you should wait 1 hour between calls (the cache time on this API).
I don't have the time to test it now (with the cache), so tell me if something goes wrong.

Quote:
Version 2.2.0.1

• Fix issues with the fromID and the rowCount attributes for the WalletJournalApi
  • Add the attribute beforeKillID on the KillLogApi

Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#56 - 2012-01-03 22:16:04 UTC
Jognu wrote:
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:

With this release you can do that, just use the advanced mode like this : http://pastebin.com/tWAmbPbM
You have to use beforeKillID to retrieve more than 100 killlogs.
With that you will retrieve the most recent kills before this killID.
According to this you should start with the beforeKillID set to 0, get the last killID and then use it for the next call.
It is possible that you should wait 1 hour between calls (the cache time on this API).
I don't have the time to test it now (with the cache), so tell me if something goes wrong.

Sweet, I'll let you know if I have any troubles. Thanks for the help!

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Harleigh
Genbuku.
Psycho Unicorn Squad
#57 - 2012-01-10 13:22:47 UTC
Is it possible to get the source to the test application you have linked on the wiki?

I understand that you want to keep the api wrapper closed but for noob programmers like myself who are just interested in learning, the test app would give examples of how each of the usecases are done.

Jognu
French Kiss Singularity
#58 - 2012-01-10 16:02:28 UTC
The test application was developped by Amida, I don't have the sources.
But I can write examples if you want.

Harleigh
Genbuku.
Psycho Unicorn Squad
#59 - 2012-01-12 02:26:32 UTC
I managed to follow the basic examples from the wiki and make the connection + populate a windows form with various data for giggles.

What I am looking to do is just build a little app that will connect, pull all the corp build / research jobs in progress and display them in a simple manner . (Yes I realize other apps do this but it is a personal little project to just day i did it :) )

So basically all i am looking for is an example of how to parse the data from a lookup into an instance of a class or a variable that I can generate various lists from .

I apologize for being a noob but the way I learn things is to jump in with both feet. Never been one to just read manuals :)

Thanks
dan Rotsuda
State War Academy
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-01-24 20:35:09 UTC
Hello!

Please help:
Progamming on C#!
I try to use this construction:

using EveAI.Live;
using EveAI.Live.Character;
private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
AuthenticationData auth = new AuthenticationData();
auth.VCode = ".........";
auth.KeyID= ........;
//or without it
EveApi api = new EveApi(auth.KeyID, auth.VCode);//here ID and VerCode
CharacterSheet charSheet = api.GetCharacterSheet();
Name111.Text = charSheet.CorporationName;
}
and i have an error:
NullReferenceExeption, e.q. charSheet.CorporationName havn`t any values!

What should i do with it?