These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I got podded again.

First post
Author
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2015-08-03 03:45:27 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
moral lesson of this thread.

OP, when your hull is breached, spam that warp bhuthan like a mad man; and,

CAM is sitll dumb.

Omg if you life in other countries and internet has to go under frwaking ocean you can lag during that cruxial moment and get podded.

Y cant people understand
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2015-08-03 03:46:02 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Traceroute I ran goes through Seattle. Probably just different ISPs, might even be different routes depending on traffic.

Could be a huge bunch of variables, not least of which is I did that traceroute back when I wrote that story.

In any case, we BOTH route through the USA on the way to the TQ servers in London.

Dont you guys ever lag then? Even a little bit?
Just a smignet smallest latency lag at the worst moment ever?

I fimd that hard to believe.

Very hard

None that's been noticeable. Sometimes when trying to lock and scram something quick on a gate, but never been podded due to lag. But, that's just because I'm already spamming warp in structure, like you're meant to if you intend to get your pod out. Lag or no lag, that pre-loaded warp command works wonders.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2015-08-03 03:47:05 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:
moral lesson of this thread.

OP, when your hull is breached, spam that warp bhuthan like a mad man; and,

CAM is sitll dumb.

Omg if you life in other countries and internet has to go under frwaking ocean you can lag during that cruxial moment and get podded.

Y cant people understand

I'd be surprised if anyone can understand the semi-coherent dribble you post sometimes.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#44 - 2015-08-03 03:56:21 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Traceroute I ran goes through Seattle. Probably just different ISPs, might even be different routes depending on traffic.

Could be a huge bunch of variables, not least of which is I did that traceroute back when I wrote that story.

In any case, we BOTH route through the USA on the way to the TQ servers in London.

Very hard

Hold on a second. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I never said I didn't lag.
Of course I lag.
I lag a lot.
That traceroute indicates around 0.4s of lag ON EACH AND EVERY SINGLE COMMAND I GIVE MY SHIP.

Yes, it's annoying.
Yes, it can drive me nuts.
Yes, it's cost me ships and yes, it's cost me pods (but far fewer than you might think).

No, it doesn't mean my pod auto 'splodes every time I lose a ship. I just have around a second less leeway when making that "stay and fight or try to bail out" decision.

Lag is something Australian gamers on overseas servers have just learned to live with. EVE is actually a lot kinder with lag than many other games. Playing Unreal Tournament (or any FPS) on a US server is, for all intents and purposes, a complete waste of time.

About the only thing the lag truly prevents me from doing is "insta-locking" duties.
That's a complete waste of effort for me.
I know, I've tried it. I don't bother anymore.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-08-03 04:04:20 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Very hard

Because you don't know one small bit about the technical details on how data is transmitted through the tubes. How do you define lag in your terms anyways? What is your definition of "lag"? Because if you call "my ****** laptop won't load fast enough when I assplode from ship to pod to get my pod away" is not lag.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#46 - 2015-08-03 04:30:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Very hard

I'm East coast'ish Australia and yeah I have lag. Sometimes my internet has lag too.

It leads to the occasional loss, but I'd rather be playing the way Eve is setup and take the occasional loss, than have different servers.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#47 - 2015-08-03 05:30:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Scipio Artelius wrote:

I'm East coast'ish Australia and yeah I have lag. Sometimes my internet has lag too.

It leads to the occasional loss, but I'd rather be playing the way Eve is setup and take the occasional loss, than have different servers.
You mean like the one they made for China? ;)
I would have said "right on" but I guess we're way past the point for that to happen with a Pacific/West Coast US server.
But at least it's not as bad when I logged in 2003-2004 ...on dial-up Oops (I even sent CCP a support email on the issues)
I still get dropped often though, as well as a lot of rubber-banding at gates. In the span of 6 or 8 seconds I relive approaching the gate out of warp three or four times haha, sometimes. I don't have these problems on US or Pacific located servers at all. But if CCP were worried about getting good log-in numbers out of the US with our $$ they would have done for the US what they did for China long ago. Not suggesting it, I know CCP isn't interested.

But no matter the issue, I'm still quite against special treatment to any 'class', I should have just as much opportunity podding mini-game explorers as they currently have opportunity to escape if they can. Just because you may be lagging in your unarmed kitteh ship, doesn't give you any real privilege over the guy in a rocket bomber blowing you out of the system who may just as well be lagging harder than you Straight

Oh and as for implants... no idea what the standard is now, but before the changes we had nice combat explorer ships in hacking sites and no implants were needed at all. If that's changed now with the mini-games, you can thank CCP, don't blame the guy podding you Smile

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2015-08-03 05:39:43 UTC
Winning wrote:
You wonder why everyone is just mining in high sec? Implants cost too much.

How do you get podded in hisec, again?..
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#49 - 2015-08-03 08:25:48 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
Winning wrote:
You wonder why everyone is just mining in high sec? Implants cost too much.

How do you get podded in hisec, again?..

Because most highsec carebears literally curl into a fetal position on the floor if they so much as get red boxed by another player.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#50 - 2015-08-03 09:33:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
Winning wrote:

Also I'd like to be able to rig my ship's salvage to explode with a rig slot to prevent people from making money or recovering my modules. Bonus points if it would take out their ship or cripple them for an extended period of time.

With all the discussion about podding and lag no one has anything to say about this idea?

Tbh, I actually like it as it would fit perfectly in an universe that is supposed to be harsh and cutthroat, as long as such a rig wouldn´t be too cheap and at least moderatly calibration point hungry (should be at least a moderate drawback for the user).....

"If you cannot win, make sure no one else does!" - Some wise man

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2015-08-03 09:40:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
even in null i still run cheap implants +3's, ive seen people lose 3bil slave sets to smartbombers, i really do feel for them...

but yeah rig slot 0/10 not everyone carebears to make isk, some rely on loot

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2015-08-03 10:09:59 UTC
Orlacc wrote:
Maybe figure that out before whining.

Or naming the character 'Winning'.

Grrr.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#53 - 2015-08-03 10:20:35 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
Orlacc wrote:

Drugs bad, m'kay?

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Nakito Kobara
Yamagata Syndicate
Northern Coalition.
#54 - 2015-08-03 10:20:37 UTC
If you cant afford to lose the implants then don't fit them.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#55 - 2015-08-03 10:22:04 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
Orlacc wrote:

Winning sounds the same as whining. Maybe she mispelled her name.

Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#56 - 2015-08-03 11:06:01 UTC
Nakito Kobara wrote:
If you cant afford to lose the implants then don't fit them.

word.
/thread.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Pytria Le'Danness
Placid Reborn
#57 - 2015-08-03 11:09:28 UTC
Winning wrote:

It'd be nice to know that I could fit an 'incinerator' rig to my ship that would insure they got no profit from killing me ...

If you're dying in wormhole system, people are most likely not killing you because they want your loot, but because they live there and defend their home. I know I did when I still had the time to maintain a WH POS.

The loot was a nice extra, but the main objective was to get the intruder out of the house. Big smile.

Podding happened for the same reason, and it also solves the problem of a guy whining in local how unfair EVE is.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2015-08-03 11:22:53 UTC
You sure are throwing a lot of isk out of the windows on those small adventures of yours.

Also, from what I can see on those killboards... Fit some damn nanofibers atleast.
Dreadchain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2015-08-03 11:24:08 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Very hard

Eve runs on 1hz ticks, .4 seconds of lag hardly impacts gameplay. A bit of difference, sure, but it doesn't matter at all for getting your pod out as you can just mash warp as you're dying. An Astero will have a cloak delay anyway, so you have something like 7 seconds on getting out of there after he uncloaks (cloak+targeting - correct me if I'm wrong, not much of a fan of the cloakies).

The kind of connection blips you get on a terrible 3g connection for example could be a bigger problem. Used to drop connection for a good 10 seconds randomly on my mobile connection while on the road.

www.minerbumping.com

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#60 - 2015-08-03 11:43:44 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Winning wrote:

Also I'd like to be able to rig my ship's salvage to explode with a rig slot to prevent people from making money or recovering my modules. Bonus points if it would take out their ship or cripple them for an extended period of time.

With all the discussion about podding and lag no one has anything to say about this idea?

As mentioned, it effectively already exists in the game. It used to be even more effective, but unsurprisingly, it turned out to generate bad gameplay and was toned fown.