These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War Dec System Needs To Change.

Author
Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#101 - 2015-08-02 14:36:13 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
elise densi wrote:

the main issues also is new corps cant grow in highsec anymore let alone alliance forming when u get basicly perma wardecced this is also a main reason why eve doesnt get newer players into the game

Except that, according to CCP themselves, both of those statements are a lie.

In fact, being killed early on in their EVE career makes them more likely to resub.

Quote:

higher wardec costs for corp and alliance and limits would be mint to have 1-5 max wardecs

No. You do not get to talk about nerfing wardecs until the dec dodging exploit is removed. Until they're not 100% voluntary with no consequences for leaving, nothing about it warrants being nerfed.

We will talke about whatever the hell we please codemonkey.

You and your attitude are disgusting, period

Go back to hiding behind ur mums skirt
Mag's
Azn Empire
#102 - 2015-08-02 15:18:24 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:

Irony.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Avvy
Doomheim
#103 - 2015-08-02 17:04:10 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

Forcing players down a linear path is game breaking to a Sandbox type game.

It certainly is.

A sandbox is about choices, being a PvP sandbox means you can choose which toys you wish to play within the sandbox but you can't choose which toys are used against you.
Iam The Flash
Doomheim
#104 - 2015-08-02 19:33:07 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Iam The Flash wrote:

Irony.

Oh how?
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#105 - 2015-08-02 19:49:02 UTC
OP is absolutely right - wardecs need to change. CCP could make a good start by going back to war evasion being an exploit, lowering the cost of wars, getting rid of the silly NPC fees that defenders have to pay and ending the aggressor being able to chicken out when their victim makes the war mutual and starts kicking ass.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#106 - 2015-08-02 22:07:46 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Let us face it: Yes there are players who simply want to do some occasional PVE and nothing else.
Actually you can´t do that in high without getting forced to do PVP.
But why the **** we try to force players into pvp when they don´t want it?

The real question is: why are they playing a PvP sandbox game if they don't want to PvP? You're playing the game wrong, and you're playing the wrong game.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#107 - 2015-08-02 22:18:38 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

I would go even further and say we need something like super highsec without ganking and **** like that for people who REALLY only want to do some occasional pve. I really don´t know why CCP refuses something like that to a special customer group.

Because this is a PvP game at its core, with:

PvP mining
PvP market
PvP hauling
PvP combat

Everything you do carries an element of risk and competition from other PLAYERS. Its the entire point of the game

There is however the test server for your 'super hi-sec'. But you might as well whine that call of duty doesnt have dinosaurs for people who are only REALLY interested in dinosaurs. They are really cutting themselves out the market.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#108 - 2015-08-03 06:32:38 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Let us face it: Yes there are players who simply want to do some occasional PVE and nothing else.
Actually you can´t do that in high without getting forced to do PVP.
But why the **** we try to force players into pvp when they don´t want it?

The real question is: why are they playing a PvP sandbox game if they don't want to PvP? You're playing the game wrong, and you're playing the wrong game.

Look my KB and you see I have nothing to do with highsec.
Just saying that ***** like you should realise there are people who do not want do pvp.
And actually CCP has nothing to offer for them tbh.
Eve needs new players, so why not offer these people as paying customers some enviroment?

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#109 - 2015-08-03 09:35:07 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
I suggest that corporations and alliances are limited to 5 war decs available.

BRB making a few shell corps to start 5 permadecs and make myself dec immune.

Iam The Flash wrote:
Each corporation and alliance can only be declared war upon, 3 times. This prevents things like i.e Goonswarm being perma decked by every large griefer alliance in the game.

BRB making even less shell corps to make my alliance permanently undecable.

Iam The Flash wrote:
For a corporation to declare war, they must have no fewer than 7 active members i.e 7 numbers.

BRB making a bunch of free alts to pull of previous two plans.

Tl;dr: please, think before posting.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#110 - 2015-08-03 11:35:43 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

And actually CCP has nothing to offer for them tbh.
Eve needs new players, so why not offer these people as paying customers some enviroment?

Why make the game something that it's not, in order to cater to functional non customers?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Daichi Yamato
#111 - 2015-08-03 11:38:24 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

*sigh*

- Any product that is safe, quick and easy to acquire (like the rewards in your 'super hi-sec)' rapidly loses value in a player driven free market (like EVE's) to the point that it becomes worthless. This includes isk and is in fact exactly what happened in Ultima-online.

- For anything to have value in EVE's market it must be risky, time consuming and/or difficult to acquire.

The fact that every reward system in EVE is tied to the free market dictates that everything you do, no matter where or how you do it, is competitive. There is no choice in this. None. So whilst you might think its fine to let players be lonely and acquire wealth, every isk cent they use affects other players game for better or worse. And no, you do not get to affect other players game without having them affect you back, and when they do they can choose whatever tool in the sandbox to do it. If that means excessive weapons fire, thats just tough ****. Welcome to the PvP sandbox.

The only way to have your 'super hi-sec' not crash the EVE market would be to make everything inside very time consuming to acquire, give it an entirely separate server (oh look, sisi) or unique set of rewards, hopefully including its own currency, but the latters not going to happen.

TL:DR
EVE is a PvP game at its very core and everything within is PvP. Get with the program or GTFO.

True theres nothing wrong with more players. But the right kind of player. This is not a game for people who want to be left alone to do their own thing. Player interaction is not optional. It is instead the primary content of the game, and can never be optional without breaking core gameplay.

It does not need hand holding like 'every other MMO'. It does not need safe zones like 'every other MMO'. It does not need to be uncompetitive like 'every other MMO'. The very reason we play this game is because its not 'every other MMO'.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Noc Raylicinn
Blood Raider Militia
Drip
#112 - 2015-08-04 21:05:26 UTC
If CCP ever decides to change war decs again they should focus on the aspects of regional game play. Instead of the dec applying to the entirety of empire space it would be based on region.

Aggressors could dec anyone anywhere and choose which regions the dec applies. Defenders could fight for their home/space or relocate outside of the war zone. It would still be possible to declare war in all regions (perhaps a bit more expensive). The same elements are there, aggressors could choose to kick a corp out of a region, block trade hubs, stop mining/industry, except there is an out for the defender. The price for getting out (beyond what we already have) is to relocate, stay out of the main trade hubs, generally operate in the fringe regions of empire.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#113 - 2015-08-04 22:53:10 UTC
Noc Raylicinn wrote:
If CCP ever decides to change war decs again they should focus on the aspects of regional game play. Instead of the dec applying to the entirety of empire space it would be based on region.

Aggressors could dec anyone anywhere and choose which regions the dec applies. Defenders could fight for their home/space or relocate outside of the war zone. It would still be possible to declare war in all regions (perhaps a bit more expensive). The same elements are there, aggressors could choose to kick a corp out of a region, block trade hubs, stop mining/industry, except there is an out for the defender. The price for getting out (beyond what we already have) is to relocate, stay out of the main trade hubs, generally operate in the fringe regions of empire.

The part most people fail to realize is that wardecs right now are "broken" fully in favor of the defending party in just about every way. Therefore, if you're going to weaken wardecs so severely, you need to give something, and a large something at that, back in return. Otherwise you are just savagely nerfing the wardec corps who roam around looking for targets, and not touching the ones who just camp trade hub undocks.

So what about wars will you be buffing in exchange for making them about 1/20th as effective?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Daichi Yamato
#114 - 2015-08-04 22:59:54 UTC
Noc Raylicinn wrote:

not all wardecs are about territory or just kicking someone out.

No.

Sirran The Lunatic
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#115 - 2015-08-04 23:16:48 UTC
I am appalled and shocked someone would suggest that they in any way limit risk-averse (anything).

Oops
Noc Raylicinn
Blood Raider Militia
Drip
#116 - 2015-08-05 03:47:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Noc Raylicinn wrote:

The part most people fail to realize is that wardecs right now are "broken" fully in favor of the defending party in just about every way. Therefore, if you're going to weaken wardecs so severely, you need to give something, and a large something at that, back in return. Otherwise you are just savagely nerfing the wardec corps who roam around looking for targets, and not touching the ones who just camp trade hub undocks.

So what about wars will you be buffing in exchange for making them about 1/20th as effective?

I would argue that 1/20th as effective is not an accurate statement. It would not be a "savage" nerf to empire wars. Unless the game population distribution deviates significantly from the last 10yrs there are a handful of regions that provide endless targets. How many regions would sane person want to roam? Specific targets could still be decced wherever they are. There isn't a reason big war decs would not be taken out that cover all regions. 50 mil isk to cover all of empire space is dirt cheap and essentially makes the war disposable for the aggressor corp. The result is mass semi-coherent war deccing as clearly demonstrated by viewing the Wars tab in the corp interface.

Somewhere near 10-20 mil per region or a bulk ~ 200mil for all of empire sounds more sensible than current war costs. The poor minmitar women and children would still have access to affordable war decs.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#117 - 2015-08-05 05:13:57 UTC
Noc Raylicinn wrote:
I would argue that 1/20th as effective is not an accurate statement. It would not be a "savage" nerf to empire wars. Unless the game population distribution deviates significantly from the last 10yrs there are a handful of regions that provide endless targets. How many regions would sane person want to roam? Specific targets could still be decced wherever they are. There isn't a reason big war decs would not be taken out that cover all regions. 50 mil isk to cover all of empire space is dirt cheap and essentially makes the war disposable for the aggressor corp. The result is mass semi-coherent war deccing as clearly demonstrated by viewing the Wars tab in the corp interface.

Somewhere near 10-20 mil per region or a bulk ~ 200mil for all of empire sounds more sensible than current war costs. The poor minmitar women and children would still have access to affordable war decs.

It's trivial to avoid wardecs under the current setup and your proposed change would make it even easier. With that in mind:

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Mag's
Azn Empire
#118 - 2015-08-05 05:48:19 UTC
Iam The Flash wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Iam The Flash wrote:

Irony.

Oh how?
I've heard of writers block, but that tends to happen before not after.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#119 - 2015-08-05 06:11:18 UTC
Noc Raylicinn wrote:

I would argue that 1/20th as effective is not an accurate statement.

I would ask you how many regions you think there are in highsec.

Quote:

And once again, what are you willing to give up in exchange for such a large nerf? You're proposing a literal 400% increase in wardec costs. (Nevermind that this will just push wardec groups into even bigger alliances, just like the last price hike did. Then you lot will be crying in less than half a year about how "unfair" it is that the average shitbag highsec corp can't compete, when you're the one who forced them to conglomerate to begin with)

Best Meltdown Ever.

Arden Elenduil
Unlimited Bear Works
#120 - 2015-08-05 09:12:30 UTC
They should just return to the good old days of 2m per dec and a max of 3 per corp, with 50m for an alliance dec but unlimited decs.

Those were the days