These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Bounty Hunting] A Solution to Create a Near-perfect System

First post
Author
Boba Mereel
Doomheim
#121 - 2015-07-30 17:43:22 UTC
Zsha wrote:
The overall concept of the OP's idea is awesome, it would be very fun to bounty hunt imo.

Thanks! Big smile
Boba Mereel
Doomheim
#122 - 2015-07-30 17:47:15 UTC
Xio Zheng wrote:
Here is my version of a near perfect system:

First of all, refund or remove all current bounties. It doesn't matter which people who have invested in the current system arn't going to see any of it anyway so it won't matter.

Second, separate Concord faction standing from security status. You can gain Concord standing by, missioning and collecting bounties. You lose faction standing with Concord the same as any other group plus getting caught with contraband in highsec or by getting Concorded. You can not pick up a bounty if your Concord standing is negative.

Third, Change Bounty office station service to only be available in concord stations. Also remove the ability to remotely place, view, or collect bounties. In other words to do any of that you have to be at a Concord Station.

The actual Bounty (what is displayed and payed out) is at a minimum 50% of what the person placing the bounty pays to concord. If you want to place a 10 million isk bounty on someone you have to pay 20 million. The percent that is payed to concord will be higher initially, it is influenced by your standings with concord, think of it as a tax.

A standard bounty such as this is not immune to concord. So if you pick up a bounty for Soandso from your local bounty office, you will get concorded if you attack them in highsec. To get around this you need the concord free pass(CFP).

A CFP is a killright you can buy from Concord. It is priced with respect to the selected system security and influenced by Concord faction standing. It will be selectable during the bounty placement process very similar to how you select insurance. So for a CFP for a 1.0 system there must be a minimum bounty of 50,000,000 isk (so a payment of at least 100,000,000 isk) plus and additional 100,000,000 isk. This means the total minimum of a 1.0 CFP bounty is 200,000,000 isk. The rest of the security systems would follow: .9, 45,000,000 minimum bounty, 90,000,000 minimum fee; .8, 40,000,000 minimum bounty, 80,000,000 minimum fee; and so forth.

CFP bounties are not posted to the CFP Bounty board for 24 hours. This means there is a 24 hour period between placing a CFP bounty and it being available to be claimed.

A bounty can be placed without a CFP, these bounties are open to any and all.

A bounty with a CFP can only be picked up by one person at a time. After picking up the CFP Bounty you have 72 hours to kill your target. After that window the CFP Bounty is returned to the CFP Bounty board and you can never pick up that specific bounty again.

Finally, All ships that have a bounty on them and are killed will drop character specific bounty claim unit. This unit is what must be turned in to receive the bounty. A CFP Bounty target will only drop a bounty claim unit if the Bounty hunter who has the CFP Bounty is both the highest none NPC damage and the killing blow.

A person who really wants to make a living as a bounty hunter can. Due to the high placement cost the bounties will be lower so as an income, Bounty Hunting wont be crazy profitable. The VAST majority of Bounty hunting will still happen in lawless space.
If you want to just follow a bounty hunter and loot his target before him you can. If a bounty hunter is ganked with a bounty claim unit on board and it does not drop the bounty is reset. A bounty will only be removed from the board when it is claimed. Meaning if you kill your target and collect your Bounty claim unit and chose to log off. Someone can come and kill the target again, collect another bounty claim unit and collect the reward right out from under you.

Interesting. Smile
Sama Dobrota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#123 - 2015-07-30 18:50:58 UTC
Folks, please, let me repeat it once more:

The idea of this suggestions is to legitimate killing guys staying in the NPC corps, like Red Frog alts and such.
You do not want to lose your catalysts & tornadoes and your security status, thus you fake such a complex mechanics
If guys you want to kill are in players corp, wardec them, if not, suicide gank them.
Contemporary bounties system is not working as most of times players place bounyies just for lulz,
however the alternatives offered simply allow to kill any player everywhere without losing ships and security status, it it easier to make all Empire space one big nullesc maybe without bubbles
Boba Mereel
Doomheim
#124 - 2015-07-30 19:09:00 UTC
Sama Dobrota wrote:

The idea of this suggestions is to legitimate killing guys staying in the NPC corps, like Red Frog alts and such.
You do not want to lose your catalysts & tornadoes and your security status, thus you fake such a complex mechanics
If guys you want to kill are in players corp, wardec them, if not, suicide gank them.
Contemporary bounties system is not working as most of times players place bounyies just for lulz,
however the alternatives offered simply allow to kill any player everywhere without losing ships and security status, it it easier to make all Empire space one big nullesc maybe without bubbles

That's not the idea of this suggestion at all. The idea is for a bounty hunter to track down scum (such as pirates and gankers) to kill them before they can harm anyone else. The only time you would be able to place a bounty on someone is if they agressed you first and killed you. Please reread the OP.
Sama Dobrota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#125 - 2015-07-31 02:54:01 UTC
Boba Mereel wrote:

The only time you would be able to place a bounty on someone is if they agressed you first and killed you. Please reread the OP.

Oh, wait... What are killrights are for then?
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#126 - 2015-07-31 02:56:48 UTC
Sama Dobrota wrote:

People place bounties for the lulz or just because, Because the system is broken and useless, because bounties are worthless for the most part, they have no meaning right now.
To make them meaningful and actually provide a true hunter profession the system needs to change.
Sama Dobrota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#127 - 2015-07-31 03:56:56 UTC
Camping hisec -> lowsec & highsec -> nullsec gates is actually the true bounty hunter profession.
In this thread I still see only attempts to fake a system allowing to kill industrial alts, haulers, highsec mission runners and newbies who rarely or never leave highsec WITHOUT losing your ships and security status.

The problem is that addition of players set bounties has been made by developers not to grant players some options to create a new content, but to freeze some players funds in the form of bounties. At that moment we already had killrights, wardecs and dueling to claim bounties in highsec as it never was a problem to shoot anyone outside high security areas.

So, if you want to hunt for bounties, it is quite logical to camp or roam outside highsec. No offence, but most of suggestions I read are "I don't want to leave highsec, I am afraid to lose my ship, I don't want to lose my security status, but I want to shoot freighters in highsec for free".
Koebmand
Silverflames
#128 - 2015-07-31 03:58:48 UTC
Only read the top part but found a few things.

I don't want to chase a random player, I only want to chase players with enough bounty that they are worth my time.

I would like to hunt all the people on my contact list with negative standings (this issue is easy fixed though).

If bounty blocks you from bounty hunting, no one in Eve can bounty hunt because they all got bounties. And even if this somehow wasn't the case, this would mean that you could stop any bounty hunter dead in their tracks by simply giving them a bounty.

Didn't read further, current system works better.
Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#129 - 2015-07-31 16:04:37 UTC
Wanna limit the amount of bounties people can place? Make it cost 1 PLEX to bounty someone. Cool

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#130 - 2015-07-31 17:12:24 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Wanna limit the amount of bounties people can place? Make it cost 1 PLEX to bounty someone. Cool

actually this i could Live with.
In fact it has not been beyond me to place a PLEX bounty on someone or for their corpse. I know plenty that jump at those kind of bounties.
Boba Mereel
Doomheim
#131 - 2015-07-31 20:56:29 UTC
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Camping hisec -> lowsec & highsec -> nullsec gates is actually the true bounty hunter profession.
In this thread I still see only attempts to fake a system allowing to kill industrial alts, haulers, highsec mission runners and newbies who rarely or never leave highsec WITHOUT losing your ships and security status.

The problem is that addition of players set bounties has been made by developers not to grant players some options to create a new content, but to freeze some players funds in the form of bounties. At that moment we already had killrights, wardecs and dueling to claim bounties in highsec as it never was a problem to shoot anyone outside high security areas.

So, if you want to hunt for bounties, it is quite logical to camp or roam outside highsec. No offence, but most of suggestions I read are "I don't want to leave highsec, I am afraid to lose my ship, I don't want to lose my security status, but I want to shoot freighters in highsec for free".

You can't shoot freighters for free with my idea. In order to place a bounty you have to have been agressed first, then killed. You can't attack someone at random and place a bounty on them. I highly doubt a mission runner, professional freighter, or newbie would try to kill someone for no reason.
Boba Mereel
Doomheim
#132 - 2015-07-31 20:58:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Boba Mereel
Koebmand wrote:
Only read the top part but found a few things.

I don't want to chase a random player, I only want to chase players with enough bounty that they are worth my time.

I would like to hunt all the people on my contact list with negative standings (this issue is easy fixed though).

If bounty blocks you from bounty hunting, no one in Eve can bounty hunt because they all got bounties. And even if this somehow wasn't the case, this would mean that you could stop any bounty hunter dead in their tracks by simply giving them a bounty.

Didn't read further, current system works better.

The more bounties you collect the more your "standing" increase making it more likely to get higher-tier bounties to hunt from that agent. Please read the OP and pages 1&2 before you jump to conclusions. You can't place a bounty on the hunter if they have a bounty right to kill you, bounty hunting is suppose to be a career, not a side job. So you can't be a pirate/ganker and a bounty hunter at the same time. This is to prevent exploitation of the system.
Boba Mereel
Doomheim
#133 - 2015-07-31 21:03:09 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:

Please no Ugh
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#134 - 2015-08-01 01:14:56 UTC
Boba Mereel wrote:
The only time you would be able to place a bounty on someone is if they agressed you first and killed you. Please reread the OP.

Then your system is redundant and worthless since someone that agresses you would give you kill rights which you could then sell.
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Kill_rights

My suggestion is that you give this one up and go back and re-think it from the ground up. It has progressed from the original where any player can bounty any other player in the game to the point where it is nothing more than a repackage of the current kill rights system. And why should I pay a bounty hunter when there are players that would PAY ME to obtain the kill rights.
Shepard Carver
Syndicate Enterprise
Sigma Grindset
#135 - 2015-08-01 01:49:22 UTC
Logged into the forums "which I never do" just to say I can get on board with this, any system is better then the current one at play. This would definitely breath new life into bounties.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#136 - 2015-08-01 14:20:41 UTC
Shepard Carver wrote:
Logged into the forums "which I never do" just to say I can get on board with this, any system is better then the current one at play. This would definitely breath new life into bounties.

I would like to refer you to this from a post by the OP here on this page.
Boba Mereel wrote:
The idea is for a bounty hunter to track down scum (such as pirates and gankers) to kill them before they can harm anyone else. The only time you would be able to place a bounty on someone is if they agressed you first and killed you. Please reread the OP.

Iif you cannot place a bounty unitl someone has taken aggressive actions against you how is that better or different than the kill rights we currently have?
How will it increase the opportunities for players to partake in bounty hunting as a play style?
TheExtruder
TheExtruder Corporation
#137 - 2015-08-01 15:24:15 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:

not bad idea