These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Voice attack EULA

First post
Author
sir facealot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-07-30 21:58:11 UTC
Hello!!

Voice attack software allows one to use ones voice to send commands to in game... now here's the thing.. in the EULA all macro's are banable? considering some has spescihal needs and needs something like this to play the game just wondering from the dev's about this please?

Cheers
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-07-30 22:02:03 UTC
There is a thread stickied at the top of GD, read that, if you still have questions, file a petition.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

sir facealot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-07-30 22:10:45 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
There is a thread stickied at the top of GD, read that, if you still have questions, file a petition.

didn't answer my question
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2015-07-30 22:12:57 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
if you still have questions, file a petition.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

sir facealot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-07-30 22:16:14 UTC
" from the devs" sadly your not one.. k, bai
Paranoid Loyd
#6 - 2015-07-30 22:17:00 UTC
*you're

Fix the Prospect!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#7 - 2015-07-30 22:26:49 UTC
ISD Atomic Dove wrote:

Evening,

If you want an official response put it in via the petition system, it will get looked into by the powers that be and they shall respond(depending on backlog)

That will give you a their views on it.

ISD Ezwal wrote:
Officially, running any third party software that assists in playing/running EvE is not allowed according to the EULA/TOS. However, as stated many times before by CCP, there are many instances in which CCP chooses not to enforce those rules. What they allow and when they allow it are very much depending on the circumstances.
That said, I would advice you to send a support ticket, describing clearly and politely what the program does and what the effect is.

Taken from this thread which refers specifically to Voice Attack and the like.

TL;DR You're unlikely to get any official response via the forums beyond being told to raise a petition.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

sir facealot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-07-30 22:58:49 UTC  |  Edited by: sir facealot
its a keyboard macro via voice, it changes nothing of game place.. only sends the key of current key config of in game keys via voice.. that's all ti does
Mag's
Azn Empire
#9 - 2015-07-30 23:02:26 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
if you still have questions, file a petition.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#10 - 2015-07-30 23:06:31 UTC
sir facealot wrote:
its a keyboard macro via voice

You answered your own question when you used the word "macro".

Unless you put in a petition and hear back specifically from a GM that you are safe, the assumption would be that you are not.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

sir facealot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-07-30 23:12:44 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
sir facealot wrote:

Unless you put in a petition and hear back specifically from a GM that you are safe, the assumption would be that you are not.

well keyboard now a days have macro's and so does mouse's and that does not stop people using them in games like these

Voice attack is not a macro program all it does is send your voice command to the key it is assigned to in game, just like pressing a key, being disabled would help me lots..
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#12 - 2015-07-30 23:16:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
sir facealot wrote:
its a keyboard macro via voice, it changes nothing of game place.. only sends the key of current key config of in game keys via voice.. that's all ti does
We know exactly what it is, the EULA forbids all macros to prevent abuse. However, CCP have been known to allow the functionality on a case by case basis when the macro is performing no more than a single keypress, which is why you're being told to raise a support ticket/petition.

I repeat you are extremely unlikely to get a CCP response on the forums that goes beyond telling you to raise a support ticket; which is the correct procedure to follow.

TL;DR Go to the support page and raise a support ticket, it is the ONLY WAY you'll get an official answer.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#13 - 2015-07-30 23:18:30 UTC
sir facealot wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
sir facealot wrote:

well keyboard now a days have macro's and so does mouse's and that does not stop people using them in games like these

Voice attack is not a macro program all it does is send your voice command to the key it is assigned to in game, just like pressing a key, being disabled would help me lots..

which are also not allowed.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#14 - 2015-07-30 23:18:41 UTC
How many times do you need to be told to file a petition before you actually do it?

Like nuking something from orbit, its the ONLY way to be sure.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#15 - 2015-07-30 23:23:29 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
How many times do you need to be told to file a petition before you actually do it?

Like nuking something from orbit, its the ONLY way to be sure.

He's like a few of the customers i had when i worked at best buy:

me: you have a bad hard drive

them: but i downloaded a virus..

me: yes... but your hard drive is going bad and needs to be replaced

them: so i just run an anti virus and remove the virus?

me: no... your hard drvie, the thing that holds all your data is going bad.. do you hear that clicking sound?

them: right.. so just remove the virus...

me: alright.. $200 plus a new hard drive, do you wan ta back up?

them: will this remove the virus?

me: yes...

them: heres my CC

in other words.. you had 10 people tell you.. so stop arguing and FILE A PETITION.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#16 - 2015-07-30 23:25:36 UTC
sir facealot wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
sir facealot wrote:

Quit arguing with people who don't have any effect on the decision, and start asking the people who do.

Were it up to me, I would not allow it. But it's not, so ask the people whose job it is to make that decision.

Put in a freaking petition already.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#17 - 2015-07-30 23:43:37 UTC
In the time it took to banter back and forth with the General Discussion Customer Service Department here, you could have already made and sent off the support ticket, and been on your way to a better, more satisfying and best of all, official GM answer.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-07-31 00:18:30 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
In the time it took to banter back and forth with the General Discussion Customer Service Department here, you could have already made and sent off the support ticket, and been on your way to a better, more satisfying and best of all, official GM answer.

Yeah, but doing that might get him officially told "no", and no's are icky.
ISD Buldath
#19 - 2015-07-31 02:08:27 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Regarding this Topic: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=387571&find=unread

For a More 'Custom' Response, file a support ticket as Most of the others In this Thread have suggested.

Did you know 11% of people are left handed

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.