These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Draggable drone attack Icon.

First post
Author
Zsha
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#1 - 2015-07-29 12:13:59 UTC
For efficiency during combat for drone based PvPers, why not implement an icon exactly like what guns have which can be dragged onto the UI, therefore pressing the drone Icon which could be used as an F1 or F2 key deploys drones if they are not already deployed then instantly engage targeted enemy ship, if drones are already out they engage whatever enemy is targeted.
Maybe other icons could be used like return to drone bay etc...

Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#2 - 2015-07-29 14:36:44 UTC
I expect you know the shortcuts "F" and "shift + r". This is the full solution of course.

Somewhere here was idea that is really thought out with lot of other functions for drone management. You should look that up. Sadly, that thread is locked.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#3 - 2015-07-29 21:33:57 UTC
I have remapped my drone keys to F9 for recall and F10 for attack - works a charm
you can already drag and drop a group into space

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Zsha
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#4 - 2015-07-30 03:31:12 UTC
Combat management ingame through the use of shortcut keys is a bit drab, it should be like world of warcraft.
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
Citizen's Star Republic
#5 - 2015-07-30 04:59:44 UTC
Zsha wrote:
Combat management ingame through the use of shortcut keys is a bit drab, it should be like world of warcraft.

Screw World of Warcraft......

Besides, your a Ship Commander with holoscreens and virtual buttons and all that jazz....use them.
Zsha
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#6 - 2015-07-30 07:29:32 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
Zsha wrote:

Screw World of Warcraft......

Besides, your a Ship Commander with holoscreens and virtual buttons and all that jazz....use them.

I would if the UI was more efficient when using shortcut keys it sucks, screw pointing and clicking. All combat should be possible with the use of shortcut keys, the only pointing and clicking that should be done should be through the overview & moving through space using the tactical overview.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2015-07-30 10:38:26 UTC
This is the fourth time this month that this idea has been brought up...
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#8 - 2015-07-30 12:50:58 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Thread locked.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department