These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Removal of unscannable ships a mistake? Bring em back!

Author
Kn1v3s 999
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2011-12-29 22:38:52 UTC
Othran wrote:
Frankly they ought to remove command bonuses from T3 ships altogether.

End of argument then.

Edited to make it clearer....

I'm with you at 100%.
I see 1 Loki booster every 2 ship in local these days
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#22 - 2011-12-29 23:19:41 UTC
LOL @ OP

Learn to lowsec/nullsec.

These days, as already mentioned, these T3 boosting alts are all basically impossible to scan down in real-world situations. If you are being scanned down in one it is because you are either sitting on a celestial, or a mag/radar/ladar site which they get the lock on before they get you.

I'm with the people who want T3 boosting nerfed. 3% and 5% for command ships. On-grid boosting would be fine because you'd need to drop probes with a 150M ship with a 2 billion clone to catch your T3 booster ship. Seems more than fair to me.

Durzel
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#23 - 2011-12-30 00:10:45 UTC
Can someone explain to me the "thrill" of being impossible to find, from either side of the fence?
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2011-12-30 00:45:18 UTC
Bottom line is that what was unprobable back then is in all meaningful ways still unprobable now.
If you eccm fit a t3, the only thing that will be able to probe you out is a maxed skilled prober with full virtue set and they are very rare.

I've lived in WHs for 2 years and even there, the number of people I know of that have a virtue set is less than 5 (and that's including my prober).

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#25 - 2011-12-30 01:53:05 UTC
Zevina wrote:
WAAAAAAHHHHHH I WANT TO BE INVINCIBLE AGAIN CCP PLEASE CHANGE THIS OR I'LL CRY EVEN HARDER

Misanthra
Alternative Enterprises
#26 - 2011-12-30 03:33:39 UTC
still run your unprobable setup....hard as hell to find. You cut out the majority of probers out there. That remiaining minority still has to work for it. I used to run for SOE....virtues don't sell like hotcakes lol. As mentioned, full virtue max prober not common.

Tetragammatron Prime
Pink Sockers
#27 - 2011-12-30 06:50:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Tetragammatron Prime
yep not many people will virtued max prober. Still, I don't know why they nerf it so some active players can't do some missions undisturbed while even more people macro ratting 23/7 while being just as difficult to catch and kill.
Tarunik Raqalth'Qui
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2011-12-30 07:21:28 UTC
Tetragammatron Prime wrote:
yep not many people will virtued max prober. Still, I don't know why they nerf it so some active players can't do some missions undisturbed while even more people macro ratting 23/7 while being just as difficult to catch and kill.

Because it wasn't a nerf at all. Unscannability depended on a BUG in scanning mechanics in the first place.
Scarlet Latch Bloodlor
Open Fire Industries
#29 - 2011-12-30 10:05:44 UTC
What you can't buff your aline time and drop book marks wile warping between safe spots any more?

What you can put cloaks on non-T2 ships to hide with any more?

Oh you can't exploit a unintended loop hole cause buy an out dated module that has only recently been changed from the beta......
Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#30 - 2011-12-30 14:37:29 UTC
I left my gang link tengu afk in m-o for 3 hours and came back to it alive and well, not a lot of people have retardedly expensive scanning implants and RSS probes
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#31 - 2011-12-30 15:24:49 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
I left my gang link tengu afk in m-o for 3 hours and came back to it alive and well, not a lot of people have retardedly expensive scanning implants and RSS probes

I'd like to see someone use RSS probes to scan down a ship...
Cedo Nulli
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2011-12-31 11:10:08 UTC
How is it "awesome" for that guy looking for an expensive killmail to have unscannable ship in the system ? Sounds more like frustrating to me.

This whole post seems like an outcry from botlords.
Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#33 - 2012-01-01 00:40:55 UTC
Zevina wrote:
Before Incarna as a casual solo player

i think this is where everything went wrong.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#34 - 2012-01-01 00:55:15 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
Didn't this inadvertantly kill true snipers and their ability to persist on grid doing damage?

No, this is a different issue

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gorefacer
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2012-01-01 01:04:41 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
Didn't this inadvertantly kill true snipers and their ability to persist on grid doing damage?

Don't just say good riddance to this, this actually removed snipers from the battlefield all together and people are for it? Why don't those people go play WoW if they want a game that is easy. Now they whined and killed snipers, Caldari's other ability. This is forcing people to run and gun or train for Winmatar.

Maybe not all ships should get that ability but the snipers should at least have something.

I like how "go back to WOW, EVE is hard" can be used on either side of any argument.

Seems to me like sniping from a safe distance with no way to be scanned is asking for the easy route. Get in range, risk your ship, stop complaining, and you know "go back to wow, EVE is hard", HAH.
Gorefacer
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2012-01-01 01:06:01 UTC
Maggeridon Thoraz wrote:
Bob Random wrote:
Nobody.

Fit a cloak.

if he does, you complain about afk cloakies

Who says he has to go AFK?
Hazel Starr
Krypteia Brotherhood
#37 - 2012-01-01 05:30:34 UTC
This is interesting for me because as a low-sec mission runner I initially flew with a Golem and Nighthawk (the latter for frigs and to act as the sacraficial lamb spewing FOF at the Azaru mission buster). After maybe two years of this, I moved to a pair of unprobable Tengus as the system (Aeshee) got more exciting with enemy corps actively going for my missions...

The new changes mean that anyone who keeps their eyes open will not be busted at a mission.

Simply watching for close probes will be enough to save your lily-livered arse,

-- Haze
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#38 - 2012-01-01 15:25:04 UTC
1. Make ship unscanable. Check
2. Go to low or null to kill NPC's. Check
3. Gimped DPS, making less money than a hisec carebear? Check

And your ship always was and always will be dscanable. As mentioned not a nerf but a bug fix. Whats the issue again?

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

SpaceSquirrels
#39 - 2012-01-01 17:12:39 UTC
Nerf off grid boosting too.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#40 - 2012-01-01 19:07:04 UTC
Un-scannable PvE'ers in open PvP-zones, and (my particular un-favourite) unscannable booster-alts are borderline exploits, not "features," and should never have been allowed in the first place.

Oh, and that heretofore un-scannable ship, whilst now theoretically probable, is still, in real terms, extremely difficult to probe out, and needs a max-skilled CovOps pilot with Sisters equipment, the highest-end hard-wirings (not cheap), and a full Virtue set (even more not-cheap, if you can even find a complete set, I've never in 3 years seen even one) to reliably do so...

So, realistically, little has changed, you just have to actually pay attention to your D-Scanner--you know, same as everybody else?

Not supported, HTFU or GTFO.

Ni.