These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Lore wise, why are incursions still going on?

Author
Syrilian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-07-29 18:17:50 UTC
Crystalline Entity wrote:
Syrilian wrote:
Crystalline Entity wrote:
They really ought to start winding down some content in some way.

FW then incursions in my view

If they "wind down" FW then I quit. Seriously.

Obligatory can I have your stuff?

Nope, cuz FW isn't going anywhere. Besides, if and when I quit all my stuff is going out in a blaze of glory.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#22 - 2015-07-29 18:29:22 UTC
Lore wise:
Why do the pirate AIs bother?
or
Why do they spread themselves over so many systems? Why not focus on a proper strategy?

It is a game and players need things to shoot at to get their placebo satisfaction.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#23 - 2015-07-29 20:27:28 UTC
Vic Jefferson wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
@Carrie Then theyll go back to the old FOTM isk printing high sec L4 missions.....Roll

Good - Crashing each other's LP markets might actually make people look elsewhere for income streams. Having lucrative income streams in high sec literally asphyxiates content from every other region of the game.

Daniela Doran wrote:
I would love for the current incursion community to disappear and replaced with a another high sec funding source.

Except not replaced at all. Any changes to low or null are largely meaningless so long as HS continues its monopoly on accessible, available, and safe income streams which exceed those found in low and null.

You realize that Concord LP earned from incursions already do that right? You do crash other peoples markets for things. You also realize that the initial data on the Drifter Incursion rewards are Amarr LP so there will likely be a HUGE crash in Amarr LP rewards as well. Nevermind that Concord LP are the only source for all of the meta modules for capital ships as well as 2, 4 and 6% implants. These would have to be seeded through something else if it was taken away.

Content in high sec isnt the problem you think it is. In fact everything, incursions, ratting, missions, mining is ALL more lucractive in null as long as one condition applies.... you CAN farm it. The fact that one player can disrupt all of the activities in a single system and effectively strangle that system means that anytime one person comes in you have to stop, something you dont have to do in high nearly as much but yes it still happens. That means that you can now farm steadily, LESS isk and FEWER rewards with higher competition, for longer. After that its all math. As soon as that breakeven time is reached where high becomes the more profitable option means that people do so. Because noone likes being told NO. Even the almighty nullbear PvP gods. So they flock to high where they arent told no by someone wanting to kill them.

That is a function of the game itself, not an indicator of reward or risk in high sec. And to believe otherwise is foolish. To nerf high because of this is stupid. Itll still be a math formula and people will still want to relax and be "safe" when they farm. Its human nature if you havent figured that out. The Wild West didnt stay wild did it? No it became safe and secure so that people could live in peace. And people gravitated towards it not away from that.

To have CCP either buff null or nerf high to the point where its stupid either way will not change things. Your just hoping that if given enough greed carrots people will become your cannon fodder, but you fail to realize that they wont. Thats why everyone in null had their L4 alt before incursions and now changed to incursions. Even if pvping in null or low they still go there. Why? Because its safer. To nerf high to oblivion to make it hardcore mode means those players will leave not farm in null. But go ahead be my guest in your wishes and cries. But per hour you can make more in null than in high.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#24 - 2015-07-29 22:38:08 UTC
Webvan wrote:
Krops Vont wrote:
Any sane man would retract heavy losses from actual farming of his soldiers. Lol

They're not Sansha's soldiers per se, he procured them. The fire rises!

He could get them alot cheaper and faster on the Character Bazaar, I mean, does Sansha even have a Titan pilot? i doubt it.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#25 - 2015-07-29 23:24:39 UTC
Snagletooth Johnson wrote:
He could get them alot cheaper and faster on the Character Bazaar, I mean, does Sansha even have a Titan pilot? i doubt it.
His pilots are free.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Commander Spurty
#26 - 2015-07-30 11:07:19 UTC
There is a wind down right now.

It's on insanely large blues lists and entities.

Boredom usually kicks in after 3~4 months of failed expectations (big entities tell themselves they need to be big so they can beat the big competition, but it's not competition, it's their allies lololollolokokokol).

Hopefully within 2 years mega super silly blobs will split through brain drain and soldiers looking for continent.

Hopefully... And yes 2 years as that's at least one fully loaded skill queue.

Why Do I keep going on about this? Because this sandbox has hard walls that are sharp if you run into them. Max size of engagement can ever be is less than 4k on one grid. When entities are larger than 50% and have blues to bump that number further, we have meta gamed victory. It's 100% assured. It's stupid and should never have been possible.

Like Titans, it's too late to fix now so souring the water is the way to go. Stop "acquiring the taste for sour water".

As for stopping NPC content, a bigger mistake than putting salt in your cup of tea.

NPCs can be reworked and scaled and have different objectives (narrative), but dropping all content is terrible.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-07-30 11:19:10 UTC
Vic Jefferson wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
@Carrie Then theyll go back to the old FOTM isk printing high sec L4 missions.....Roll

Good - Crashing each other's LP markets might actually make people look elsewhere for income streams. Having lucrative income streams in high sec literally asphyxiates content from every other region of the game.

Daniela Doran wrote:
I would love for the current incursion community to disappear and replaced with a another high sec funding source.

Except not replaced at all. Any changes to low or null are largely meaningless so long as HS continues its monopoly on accessible, available, and safe income streams which exceed those found in low and null.

Not everybody wants to have spam D-scan every time when it's time to grind for those iskies. The only lev 4 missions with decent LP/Isk payout are those from SOE and who knows how long that will last so another source of high sec income will be welcome.
Krops Vont
#28 - 2015-07-30 22:13:41 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
Vic Jefferson wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:

Daniela Doran wrote:

Not everybody wants to have spam D-scan every time when it's time to grind for those iskies. The only lev 4 missions with decent LP/Isk payout are those from SOE and who knows how long that will last so another source of high sec income will be welcome.

Easy solution to all of this, and it has been mentioned MULTIPLE times is to let the "never ending well of iskies" to change location, move, or run out. The 7+ economists they have would have to go over lots if anything in this regard is considered because its a giant isk faucet next to PI then bounties topping all.

https://youtu.be/w2hsqEvPGWQ?t=728 Seen here

Of all things, I hope they buff null anoms and nerf high sec in its entirety. Hell there are games topping eves risk even more so. Rust, all your assets and stuff on you stay where it is even if you logged off. More danger plz, more action, more adrenaline, more fun! Twisted

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

Wormhole Finding & Selling

o/ Play for fun

Krops Vont
#29 - 2015-07-30 22:17:03 UTC
Commander Spurty wrote:
My only source of income shouldn't be touched please. I want to make isk safely

Is all I heard. I had to listen past the salt pooring near my ears though.

Seriously the player that cried content, if you aren't actually doing anything, don't blame the guy actually UNDOCKED. RollIdea

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

o/ Play for fun

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#30 - 2015-07-31 02:20:21 UTC
Krops Vont wrote:

Seriously the player that cried content, if you aren't actually doing anything, don't blame the guy actually UNDOCKED. RollIdea

You do know that the largest Isk faucet in EVE is Null sec bounties right?
And that the direct word from CCP Devs in the forums has repeatedly been that Null Sec earns good income when they look at the real figures. Rather than the pie in the sky imaginary earnings people like to attribute to every single high sec player.
And that that maths holds true when you compare similar activities rather than deliberately taking the lowest income in nullsec and comparing it to the best income in highsec anyone has ever made even though it needed the stars aligning and officer fits and perfect links.
Krops Vont
#31 - 2015-08-01 02:10:43 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Krops Vont wrote:

And that the direct word from CCP Devs in the forums has repeatedly been that Null Sec earns good income when they look at the real figures. Rather than the pie in the sky imaginary earnings people like to attribute to every single high sec player.
And that that maths holds true when you compare similar activities rather than deliberately taking the lowest income in nullsec and comparing it to the best income in highsec anyone has ever made even though it needed the stars aligning and officer fits and perfect links.

As mentioned in the post above the one you quoted, unless you misclicked then forgive me.

Its not the lower amounts that piles up to "sky imaginary earnings" Its the consistency and relative safety minus occasional ganks that makes it what it is.

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

o/ Play for fun

ashley Eoner
#32 - 2015-08-01 03:13:31 UTC
Krops Vont wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Krops Vont wrote:

As mentioned in the post above the one you quoted, unless you misclicked then forgive me.

Its not the lower amounts that piles up to "sky imaginary earnings" Its the consistency and relative safety minus occasional ganks that makes it what it is.

I consistently AFktar the shiz out of null. Only occasionally do I have to dock up. There's one dude in particular I have to watch out for but aside from him it's like highsec but with any gankers being called out in the intel channel while still several systems out.

Even without a real alliance you can find quiet places in null or in WHs where you can print isk in relative safety.
Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#33 - 2015-08-01 03:55:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Snagletooth Johnson
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Snagletooth Johnson wrote:
His pilots are free.

That would explain why he does so badly in incursions. Those guys wipe the floor with Sansha on every ingagement. Now, if he spent some money and got him a Titan pilot....
Previous page12