These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

I'm so angry I want to punch something. Or someone.

First post
Author
Neuntausend
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#41 - 2015-07-28 13:15:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
I often wonder if this is a high sec thing because I just don't see this kind of thing happen in game.

I think you are just flying with a pretty decent crowd in that regard. From my experience, even though goons are elitist bastards, they tend to come down on racists, sexists and other shitheads within their ranks with full force. So this is not a question of highsec or nullsec, but the people you tend to fly with and whether or not their group accepts such behaviour.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#42 - 2015-07-28 13:19:56 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
I often wonder if this is a high sec thing because I just don't see this kind of thing happen in game.

I think you are just flying with a pretty decent crowd in that regard. From my experience, even though goons are elitist bastards, they tend to come down on racists, sexists and other shitheads within their ranks with full force. So this is not a question of highsec or nullsec, but the people you tend to fly with and whether or not their group accepts such behaviour.

Or he could just be lying. It wouldn't be the first time.

Mr Epeen Cool
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#43 - 2015-07-28 13:39:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Avaelica Kuershin wrote:

Now since you mentioned religion, there could well be a situation when a player mentions in passing that they'll be away for Eid al-Fitr (as an example) which leads to further questions and eventually leads to a nasty case of online bigotry.

Well, if the person is over-sensitive about their religion, mentioning a religious holiday is irresponsible, because it exposes that person to attention they don't want. This does not excuse the stupid person making stupid remarks, but if you open yourself up certain things, well, you opened the door.

One of the things the "oh my feelings" over-sensitive crowd doesn't understand is that the only thing you can REALLY control is yourself. Rather than understand that, they try to control others via various means. Lucas Kell is right*, some people just want to force acceptance rather than just equality and i think that's wrong. People are going to think and say what they want, and that's ok.

People here know some things about me like my ethnicity. Once, on team speak this well meaning "not a minority" guy said "I think groups like those sheet wearing racists should be banned". I disagreed, as long as they aren't hurting anyone and just expressing themselves and burning crosses on their land and not mine, have at it I say. Freedom doesn't just mean freedom for me and it sure as hell doesn't mean freedom from things I dislike.

* Sidebar, that's the ONLY time I'll ever say that!!!!! *Big smile
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#44 - 2015-07-28 13:40:43 UTC
My home city does this "Norwich Pride" , for every year.

Its a amazing event & lasts all day & then the party gets going at night. Its about bringing people closer together. Because lets face it, humans seem to divide each other on silly little things, but at the end of the day most of us are so similar no matter our gender or how we feel about each other.

MMO's like EVE online share this common goal, the community is what makes for such great fun P

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-07-28 13:43:22 UTC
File the petition. Report away. Thereabouts lies the venue for fixing this crap.
This is no different than someone going full racist, or hating on a specific religion.
Deal with it as such. I'm all with CCP on this. This kind of thing should not be tolerated.

Do not. I repeat, DO NOT be the vegan bitching about bacon at a BBQ.

Don't get me wrong, I am an ally when it comes to gender equality and for that matter
But if you are drumming up drama for the sake of a cause I will casually, and without changing expression, eat your face while you're screaming for mercy. In game, of course.
Disclaimer: I'm pretty durnk right now... so take my rantblimgs as you will.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#46 - 2015-07-28 13:44:05 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Avaelica Kuershin wrote:

Now since you mentioned religion, there could well be a situation when a player mentions in passing that they'll be away for Eid al-Fitr (as an example) which leads to further questions and eventually leads to a nasty case of online bigotry.

Well, if the person is over-sensitive about their religion, mentioning a religious holiday is irresponsible, because it exposes that person to attention they don't want. This does not excuse the stupid person make stupid remarks, but if you open yourself up certain things, well, you opened the door.

One of the things the "oh my feelings" over-sensitive crowd doesn't understand is that the only thing you can REALLY control is yourself. Rather than understand that, they try to control others via various means. Lucas Kell is right*, some people just want to force acceptance rather than just equality and i think that's wrong. People are going to think and say what they want, and that's ok.

People here know some things about me like my ethnicity. Once, on team speak this well meaning "not a minority" guy said "I think groups like those sheet wearing racists should be banned". I disagreed, as long as they aren't hurting anyone and just expressing themselves and burning crosses on their land and not mine, have at it I say. Freedom doesn't just mean freedom for me and it sure as hell doesn't mean freedom from things I dislike.

Everything after the underlined can be ignored as the typical bleating from the straw man gallery.

Mr Epeen Cool
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-07-28 13:45:32 UTC
Everyone in this game is just pixels to me. Preferably pixels I can explode. There's no place for gender politics in gaming, and EVE especially. We're above this crap, and you god damn well know it. If someone is being an actual ****, petition it. Kicking up a stink on the forums solves literally nothing.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2015-07-28 13:58:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:

If you have a problem with trans people, if you can't accept that there are those who are willing and able to become another gender, I sincerely hope you are banned from EVE permanently because there is NOTHING that justifies bigotry against anyone. You can get away with a lot of shenanigans in the EVE universe, but tormenting a transgender player is not one of them. If you think that's OK, then I think it's OK to put my fist in your face.

It's this part of your post that annoys me. Really really pisses me off. If you think a fist in someone's face is going to change their mind, you probably need to reconsider your own anger issues first. Violence is not how you solve bigotry, and neither is permanently banning people from games. They'll still be bigots, whether you like it or not. Education solves bigotry, not authoritarian enforcement of subjective ideology. This is more likely to REINFORCE their bigotry, if out of nothing more than spite.

Secondly, transgender is not "I want to be a different sex". That's gender dysphoria. Real transgenderism takes place when a male is born with partially formed ovaries, like my mate Issa, or a woman is born with partially formed testicles, or someone of one gender is born with biological aspects of the other. Transgenderism is BIOLOGICAL. Gender dysphoria is PSYCHOLOGICAL. Surgery solves the former, THERAPY solves the latter. This is not bigotry, this is just basic fact, and I felt the need to address this due to the potential you seem to have to misconstrue the difference and react incorrectly as a result. Especially when you threaten to punch people in the face.

Although I have to admit, it always amuses me a little when someone threatens to punch people over the internet.

Settle down, eat a Snickers, and remember, the answer to bigotry (which coincidentally is also the answer to social Marxist authoritarianism that the extreme left gender political mob seem to be aiming for) is education.

Also, get a permit. Being transgender is not a defence for illegal mining.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#49 - 2015-07-28 14:05:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
This thread is still open? k..
The 'few rule the many' thing must be working, can't seem insensitive by closing it. Rock and hard place.
btw, who were you saying in the topic title you wanted to physically assault, exactly?
Most interesting...

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#50 - 2015-07-28 14:07:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Avaelica Kuershin wrote:

Well, if the person is over-sensitive about their religion, mentioning a religious holiday is irresponsible, because it exposes that person to attention they don't want. This does not excuse the stupid person make stupid remarks, but if you open yourself up certain things, well, you opened the door.

Everything after the underlined can be ignored as the typical bleating from the straw man gallery.

Mr Epeen Cool

It figures that any mention of a person's responsibility to one's self would be met with opposition from this particular poster. SJW revealed.
Anthar Thebess
#51 - 2015-07-28 14:13:09 UTC
This is game, you can be whoever you want to be.
Look how many female avatars we have in game - do you think that so many girls play this game?
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#52 - 2015-07-28 14:39:52 UTC
if this thread is a troll i hope you get perma-banned

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#53 - 2015-07-28 14:50:50 UTC
you are proving that you yourself are also a bigot, reporting this because its pointless now

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 - 2015-07-28 14:56:20 UTC
The EVE Online Terms of Service are very clear on this subject, especially point 1 - 4.

1. You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or ... This includes, but is not limited to [...] sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails
  2. You may not use any abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language.
  3. You may not organize nor be a member of any corporation or group within EVE Online that is based on or advocates any anti-ethnic, anti-gay, anti-religious, racist, sexist or other hate-mongering philosophies
  4. You may not use “role-playing” as an excuse to violate these rules.

If you notice any actions that violate the EVE EULA or TOS, please contact Customer Support via support ticket.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Previous page123