These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

I'm so angry I want to punch something. Or someone.

First post
Author
Slept
Delusionalism
#21 - 2015-07-28 12:07:03 UTC
It's an Aless thing.... I have the full chat log, and at no point was any transgender corp mate mentioned. It mostly consists of aless randomly trolling:

Troll #1:

[ 2015.07.28 04:32:56 ] Alessienne Ellecon > if someone has a sex change, they are for all intents and prurposes that new gender

Troll #2:

[ 2015.07.28 04:38:47 ] Alessienne Ellecon > what is the problem then
[ 2015.07.28 04:38:58 ] Alessienne Ellecon > what do you have against trans people?

Troll #3: (after things had actually settled down, making it even worse....)

[ 2015.07.28 04:56:03 ] Alessienne Ellecon > xxxxxxxxxx please share your thoughts on transgendered people

I agree if this mysterious corp mate even exists, please notify CCP of hate mail and get someone a deserved ban. But I'd put 1000USD on it just being aless trolling again.
Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#22 - 2015-07-28 12:12:13 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
I often wonder if this is a high sec thing because I just don't see this kind of thing happen in game.

I feel weird, I'm in agreement with a Goon. I've never seen that happen in my part of space.

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2015-07-28 12:13:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
That explains why people engage in mail exchange about personal information they couldn't possibly have otherwise.

Sigh.

Makari Aeron wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
I often wonder if this is a high sec thing because I just don't see this kind of thing happen in game.

I feel weird, I'm in agreement with a Goon. I've never seen that happen in my part of space.

Because being in that space in such a group has prerequisite of wanting to play the game instead of, you know, having yet another round of b**ching about assholes, LGBT, SJW and whatever else.

OT: what's the point of creating this thread? Report this to CCP and be done with it.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#24 - 2015-07-28 12:16:36 UTC
Slept wrote:
It's an Aless thing.... I have the full chat log, and at no point was any transgender corp mate mentioned. It mostly consists of aless randomly trolling:

What you've written here reminds me of this sketch. Especially the end.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#25 - 2015-07-28 12:17:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Lan Wang wrote:
why do you have the need to broadcast your sexual preference in an online game?
Who are you to decide what people are allowed to be open with or not? Why do you consider talking openly about some part of yourself as something that should be remain hidden? Why would such question like yours not arise if someone "broadcasts" his less uncommon heterosexual preference in an online game (e.g. by posting images that strongly suggest one is heterosexual)?
And finally, how do you know that she did "need to broadcast" that detail in the first place?

Edit: And in this case, for me it's more a topic of sexual identity anyway. Any implications following that fact are (most likely false) conclusions by those who only know the fact that she is transgender.

NPEISDRIP

Thorlund Amatin
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-07-28 12:19:51 UTC
Alessienne Ellecon wrote:
Sure, I can go with that. But sometimes the subject comes up in corp chat, or one corpmate confides in another, then the next thing you know you're cleaning the turds out of your inbox.

Yeah, I do understand. It's one of the perils of giving away personal info online.

If I saw people outright being jerks about such issues then I would call them out on it.
Alessienne Ellecon
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-07-28 12:21:41 UTC
Slept wrote:

Troll #1:

[ 2015.07.28 04:32:56 ] Alessienne Ellecon > if someone has a sex change, they are for all intents and prurposes that new gender

Troll #2:

[ 2015.07.28 04:38:47 ] Alessienne Ellecon > what is the problem then
[ 2015.07.28 04:38:58 ] Alessienne Ellecon > what do you have against trans people?

Troll #3: (after things had actually settled down, making it even worse....)

[ 2015.07.28 04:56:03 ] Alessienne Ellecon > xxxxxxxxxx please share your thoughts on transgendered people

I agree if this mysterious corp mate even exists, please notify CCP of hate mail and get someone a deserved ban. But I'd put 1000USD on it just being aless trolling again.

I wasn't trolling. That'll be $1000 please.

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

If EVE is a PvP game, then Anti-Ganking is emergent gameplay.

Hanna Lockhart
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-07-28 12:22:35 UTC
This is a can of worms that shouldn't be opened. But if someone is harassing you then use a tried and true method: ignore and report the player. That tends to work better than complaining on the forum.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#29 - 2015-07-28 12:23:26 UTC
Crystalline Entity wrote:
oh wow, this **** made it into eve as well Smile
it's not LGBT people's fault we're constantly having to defend ourselves.
It kinda is. It gets thrust in people's faces with "YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS!" almost constantly. If the LGBT community didn't spend so much time trying to make sure everyone knows what they are and how proud they are, nobody would be saying a damn thing about it, because quite honestly, nobody cares. If you make it a big thing however, people will respond.

I'm with the others though. If there's harassment going on, petition it.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Adrian Maifeld
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-07-28 12:25:31 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Who are you to decide what people are allowed to be open with or not? Why do you consider talking openly about some part of yourself as something that should be remain hidden? Why would such question like yours not arise if someone "broadcasts" his less uncommon heterosexual preference in an online game (e.g. by posting images that strongly suggest one is heterosexual)?
And finally, how do you know that she did "need to broadcast" that detail in the first place?

Simply this!
Nothing more to say.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#31 - 2015-07-28 12:27:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
Darkblad wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

im not deciding anything so stop getting angry, since when did a question become an demand? i dont really care to be honest if you're gay, straight, trans whatever, do what you want i just dont see why its even a topic for discussion on spaceship game.

its a bit like religion and all that other crap, yeah ok you follow religion, i dont so keep it to yourself as i dont really care and dont want to discuss or argue it when im relaxing in an online game.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#32 - 2015-07-28 12:30:48 UTC
for every nice person who is supportive, nice, kind and accepting you have someone that is the opposite.

Unfortunately "internet warriors" half the time are not even bad people and just rant at anything to get a reaction or making others feel bad rather than dealing with their own issues.

My person ethic is: each to their own.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#33 - 2015-07-28 12:31:05 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
... Your sexuality really has no need to be shared in-game.
For emphasise (This includes all the graphic descriptions of some jerk's conquests).

Transgender is misused as an unbrella term.

Transsexual - crossing physical sex. (In the process of or has changed their body to be the opposite sex)
Transgender - crossing psychological identity. (Someone that feels male while being in a female body)
Transvestite - cross dressing. (Wears clothing typically worn by the opposite sex.)

Trans-people is an acceptable pedestrian word for what most people mean.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Lord Okinaba
Aliastra
#34 - 2015-07-28 12:53:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Okinaba
Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#35 - 2015-07-28 12:56:41 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Darkblad wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

im not deciding anything so stop getting angry, since when did a question become an demand? i dont really care to be honest if you're gay, straight, trans whatever, do what you want i just dont see why its even a topic for discussion on spaceship game.

its a bit like religion and all that other crap, yeah ok you follow religion, i dont so keep it to yourself as i dont really care and dont want to discuss or argue it when im relaxing in an online game.

Now since you mentioned religion, there could well be a situation when a player mentions in passing that they'll be away for Eid al-Fitr (as an example) which leads to further questions and eventually leads to a nasty case of online bigotry.

Often it's not minorities pushing an agenda, but others making a big deal of something.

Something as simple as mentioning an anniversary dinner could turn ugly.
Tam Arai
Mi Pen Rai
#36 - 2015-07-28 12:57:24 UTC
Xtreem wrote:
for every nice person who is supportive, nice, kind and accepting you have someone that is the opposite.

Unfortunately "internet warriors" half the time are not even bad people and just rant at anything to get a reaction or making others feel bad rather than dealing with their own issues.

My person ethic is: each to their own.

i think (hope) it is not the 1:1 ratio you say. i think 99% are good people and supportive or don't care. only a small fraction are dicks
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#37 - 2015-07-28 13:02:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
Lan Wang wrote:
i dont really care to be honest if you're gay, straight, trans whatever, do what you want i just dont see why its even a topic for discussion on spaceship game

Bingo. The ranting, whether it's genuine or more likely just trolling, does not belong here. Take the little crusade elsewhere.

If it bothers someone that much, report, drop corp (possibly after taking their stuff) and move on.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Alessienne Ellecon
Doomheim
#38 - 2015-07-28 13:10:15 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
[quote=Lan Wang i dont really care to be honest if you're gay, straight, trans whatever, do what you want i just dont see why its even a topic for discussion on spaceship game

Bingo. The ranting, whether it's genuine or more likely just trolling, does not belong here. Take the little crusade elsewhere.

If it bothers someone that much, report, drop corp (possibly after taking their stuff) and move on. [/quote]

Typical CODE.

@LanWang This is a topic for discussion because the bigoted abuse is happening in the spaceship game and I feel that the community at large needs to be made aware. Don't be a twit.

"CONCORD are the space cops. If you attack someone in a high-security solar system, CONCORD will commit police brutality." - Encyclopedia Dramatica

If EVE is a PvP game, then Anti-Ganking is emergent gameplay.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#39 - 2015-07-28 13:10:58 UTC
Talking about transgender harassment in a game where >50% of the characters are not of the same gender as their owners...?

Must be trolling. Roll

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#40 - 2015-07-28 13:13:41 UTC

Typical CODE.

Yeah, how dare I ask someone to obey the rules?

You even had them restated for you by a dev themselves, and you still persist.

Quote:

This is a topic for discussion because the bigoted abuse is happening in the spaceship game and I feel that the community at large needs to be made aware.

You feel wrong. Like I said before, take your angry ranting and your moral panic crusade elsewhere, it does not belong here.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Previous page123Next page