These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New Thera - WORMHOLE JITA

First post
Author
Praxston
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2015-07-27 08:03:31 UTC
**** in your own house, not mine
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#22 - 2015-07-27 19:37:23 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#23 - 2015-07-27 20:53:56 UTC
+1 this idea is so great.

But if you get your custom-made, perfect-for-doing-exactly-what-you-like-to-do-in-EVE system, of course it's only fair I get mine as well...

1. Make a new wormhole system that only allows pilots named "Leto Aramaus" inside.

2. Anyone not named "Leto Aramaus" jumping in gets instantly wtfbbqpwned by the "Woop woop" (an NPC police force I just made up for my new system)

3. There are always at least 3 of every level of DED site somewhere in system.

4. There are always at least 2 officer spawns of any given type in the system at all times.

5. There are always at least 100 anomalies, of all variety of NPC pirate factions, at any given time.

6. There are asteroid belts that don't need mined, "Leto Aramaus" just needs to warp to them, and all minerals in the belt are automatically transferred to my item hangar in the station (see No. 7)

7. There is a station in system, already owned by "Leto Aramaus", with 0% refining tax, 1 of every type and level of agent, from every NPC corp in EVE. These agents have no minimum standing, and I have access to all of them.

8. Any ship piloted by "Leto Aramaus" in this system gets the following bonuses:
Arrow + 99% to all armor, shield, and hull damage resistance levels
Arrow + 500% velocity and agility
Arrow + 500% tracking for all turrets
Arrow + 500% damage to all weapons (including drones)
Arrow oh yeah and + 1000% to drone hitpoints

And some more stuff I guess, idk... whatever I feel like.

Give "Leto Aramaus" full dev control inside this system, to create,destroy, place, or even make up any new item I want.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#24 - 2015-07-27 21:33:52 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
So...a wormhole. As in, the most lawless, most dangerous type of space.

Yet you want to it be massively safer than highsec, while allowing for freighters crammed with gear to shuttle back and forth through it, and the total removal of anything resembling a risk when it comes to getting your bloot in and out, while also simultaneously destroying the use of the system as a highway?

What are you on, and can I have some?

Its not safe.. you just dont know how to do w space.

There is no way a freightor (without support) is going to make it out it in or out against a people who know what they are doing.

yea.. no.

no pvp means no to the idea

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Murkar Omaristos
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#25 - 2015-07-27 22:10:02 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
So Thera is basicly boring. Its pretty empty and hard for most wormhole residents to get to. Your lucky if you find Thera in your chain once a week.

Proposal - Turn Thera into a trade hub for wormhole residents. Reduce it to one massive station surounded by wormholes.

How

1. Increase the connections to wormhole space massively. 100 Wormhole connections every day to other wormhole systems. (This would ensure wormhole corps have a reasonable chance of finding a entrance).

2. WH connections (to w space) have unlimited mass and a 24 hour life.

3. Eliminate the K space connections directly to/from Thera

4. No ships but Industrials / freightors/ shuttles / Pods / frigates / DICs allowed into the Thera system. No ancorable bubbles or other bubbles allowed. It is a trade hub thats it. Jump into Thera in a prohibited ship class and the drifters will insta bbq you.

5. DICS cant launch bubbles in Thera (but can in neighbouring w systems)

6.. No PvP or suicide ganking in the system. Drifter system wide jaming is in effect. Connecting w systems are still pvp zones.

7.. Drifter technology controlling the Thera wormholes wont let you back into Thera if you have fired your guns or launched/activated a bubble. 5 min timer.

8. No manufacturing. No scanable sites, gas or combat anoms. Its a trade hub only.

9. No Ancorable bubbles or structures allowed on grid with the wormhole of a connecting W space system. DICTOR and HIC Bubbles are OK.

10. When you leave the Thera system you are shot out of the wormhole 40 km in a random direction.

11. Thera station is seeded with skillbooks. and has blue loot NPC buy orders.

Alright, let's do this one at a time.

1. No. That would cause pretty massive chaos. Within a day someone would have a website up for posting/charting thera connections so you could find anyone's wormhole if you wanted to.

2. Collapsing wormholes is important for hole security for corps that live in w-space. So another no, sry.

3. Counter to your point, which was to increase thera traffic. A lot of thera traffic likely comes from k-space.

4. See 5.

5. A w-space system with no bubbles is basically lowsec. I agree that would increase traffic, I'll suspend judgment on this suggestion. To ban bubbles though the security status of Thera should be reset to lowsec rather than -1.0 sec.

6. Just......what......why would Thera be MORE secure than hisec?

7. Uhhhhh.......

Sorry. I couldn't get through all ten after seeing numbers 6 and 7.
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-07-27 23:09:23 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
So Thera is basicly boring. Its pretty empty and hard for most wormhole residents to get to. Your lucky if you find Thera in your chain once a week..

I'll bite, if it so empty why are you making it so secure? Apparently gankers aren't rushing it in droves to start off with. Thera being mostly empty would be a pro not a con chief. Even as a neut to all in empire....a little bit of my paranoid side goes is today the day I get some ganker(s) in jita who doesn't care about the suicide gank and pops me when I go there. Fill in other hub ofc. Or known chokepoints (niarja, spelling probably off, for example) on the way.

Also please do tell....how does this scenario make sense.

I lose my ship 1 system over. its a larger combat ship. Make it a BC or BS (banned from this). So I have to fly back to my hole, dump to empire, or any other long route just to reship. With your shiny new thera right there? Just one system away. And this makes sense how?

Hell lets have my ship low on ammo. I can't even go there to get more ammo.

So basiclally....where is the motivation to stock up your new thera when it can't take in lots of shoppers really. It be your one stop shoppers who'd be a decent part of your business. One stop shoppers getting "gated" for being in a ship larger than a frigate. ever see the markup on say cough syrup in a 24/7 convenience store at 0200. Not like you can go to the supermarket to get it cheaper, that place is closed. This....is the easy markup money you are losing real fast.
M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#27 - 2015-07-27 23:14:32 UTC
I'm going to give this a big huge no. But I don't have to because CCP wouldn't do it anyway.

I like Thera as it is, thank you.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Nyalnara
Marauder Initiative
#28 - 2015-07-28 12:47:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyalnara
Leto Aramaus wrote:
+1 this idea is so great.

But if you get your custom-made, perfect-for-doing-exactly-what-you-like-to-do-in-EVE system, of course it's only fair I get mine as well...

1. Make a new wormhole system that only allows pilots named "Leto Aramaus" inside.

2. Anyone not named "Leto Aramaus" jumping in gets instantly wtfbbqpwned by the "Woop woop" (an NPC police force I just made up for my new system)

3. There are always at least 3 of every level of DED site somewhere in system.

4. There are always at least 2 officer spawns of any given type in the system at all times.

5. There are always at least 100 anomalies, of all variety of NPC pirate factions, at any given time.

6. There are asteroid belts that don't need mined, "Leto Aramaus" just needs to warp to them, and all minerals in the belt are automatically transferred to my item hangar in the station (see No. 7)

7. There is a station in system, already owned by "Leto Aramaus", with 0% refining tax, 1 of every type and level of agent, from every NPC corp in EVE. These agents have no minimum standing, and I have access to all of them.

8. Any ship piloted by "Leto Aramaus" in this system gets the following bonuses:
Arrow + 99% to all armor, shield, and hull damage resistance levels
Arrow + 500% velocity and agility
Arrow + 500% tracking for all turrets
Arrow + 500% damage to all weapons (including drones)
Arrow oh yeah and + 1000% to drone hitpoints

And some more stuff I guess, idk... whatever I feel like.

Give "Leto Aramaus" full dev control inside this system, to create,destroy, place, or even make up any new item I want.

As long as i have my own hole, i see no reason to say no to that kind of proposition. Maybe corporation owned, would be less... Who am i kidding, everything said in this was a monumental troll.

Derp seal of approval.

French half-noob.

Non, je ne suis pas gentil.

Previous page12