These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Lego Astero

First post First post
Author
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-07-26 16:00:15 UTC
Very impressive!
+1
Roderick Raholan
Order In Disorder
#22 - 2015-07-26 16:20:00 UTC
Ian Altano wrote:
Enya Sparhawk wrote:
What are those Star Wars legos?

(I'd say it turned out better than okay, nice work)

Now make a life size version...

Yeah, I had to demolish an X-wing for this.

Jeanne Tivianne wrote:
How much did this beauty cost?

Hard to say, seeing as the parts were salvaged from a lot of random stuff.

And yes, Ralph King-Griffin, I have heard of Space Engineers, but haven't really checked it out. For the same reason you dread to mention it. ;)

I know this is slightly cheating, but I'm sure there are many of us out there that would love to create our own exact model of this, but since Lego is bloody unlikely to ever likely to release a kit... Do you think you could work out all the parts that you've used and give us a list even if its with pictures instead of names?

If I recall correctly you at least used to be able to order specific parts so...
ISD FlowingSpice
ISD SYAD
ISD Alliance
#23 - 2015-07-27 08:49:15 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Lego sets of Eve Online ships?

THAT WOULD BE EPIC.

We nearly had a LEGO rifter, but LEGO turned it down :(

Vice Admiral

SYAD - Systems Administration

Interstellar Services Department

Tiberius Heth
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-07-27 10:03:08 UTC
Pff, I create a Revenant at least once a day.
Suneai
Fredegar Hohenstaufen Corporation
Holy Arumbian Empire
#25 - 2015-07-27 11:10:01 UTC
Very nice work on the Astero LEGO build, you should definitely submit that to the LEGO Ideas website:

https://ideas.lego.com
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#26 - 2015-07-27 11:25:59 UTC
Fantastic work!

I may have to go dig up my old LEGOs and work on a reasonable facsimile of your model.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ian Altano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-07-27 11:39:42 UTC
Roderick Raholan wrote:
Ian Altano wrote:
Enya Sparhawk wrote:

Jeanne Tivianne wrote:

And yes, Ralph King-Griffin, I have heard of Space Engineers, but haven't really checked it out. For the same reason you dread to mention it. ;)

I know this is slightly cheating, but I'm sure there are many of us out there that would love to create our own exact model of this, but since Lego is bloody unlikely to ever likely to release a kit... Do you think you could work out all the parts that you've used and give us a list even if its with pictures instead of names?

If I recall correctly you at least used to be able to order specific parts so...

Sure, I could make some (rudimentary) instructions and a parts list, but that's a lot of work. So I won't do that unless there's a reasonable amount of people who want it. :)

And Suneai, I doubt that this will go through after the rifter failed to pass Lego's test.. Eve players are 'too small a market segment' for the set to be produced. :p
Roderick Raholan
Order In Disorder
#28 - 2015-07-27 13:09:36 UTC
Ian Altano wrote:
Roderick Raholan wrote:
Ian Altano wrote:
Enya Sparhawk wrote:

Jeanne Tivianne wrote:

Sure, I could make some (rudimentary) instructions and a parts list, but that's a lot of work. So I won't do that unless there's a reasonable amount of people who want it. :)

And Suneai, I doubt that this will go through after the rifter failed to pass Lego's test.. Eve players are 'too small a market segment' for the set to be produced. :p

Oh god... We might have to employ... *shudders* Eve reddit to get the support. Ugh
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2015-07-28 05:54:05 UTC
Ian Altano wrote:
o7

I used to love Lego when I was younger, and since I started playing Eve, that love has been rekindled. I mean, some of these beautiful Eve ships are just begging to be built irl. So I decided to wallow in nostalgia and build an Astero. And it actually turned out okay. Now it's on my desk at home. :p What do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/HycjFvm.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/nKtn9As.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/vDpIHcP.jpg?1

Ian
Shocked

+1 for great photo's showing some excellent work.

DMC
Samsara Toldya
Academy of Contradictory Behaviour
#30 - 2015-07-28 07:31:20 UTC
+1 to get closer the "reasonable amount of people"

Presidente Gallente
Best Kept Dunked
#31 - 2015-07-28 09:00:31 UTC
Great MOC. You should try to build this on www.mecabricks.com.

MECABRICKS is a great online LEGO tool with export features to render LEGO models. Just give it a try. It's awesome.
Ian Altano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2015-07-28 09:58:54 UTC
Presidente Gallente wrote:

MECABRICKS is a great online LEGO tool with export features to render LEGO models. Just give it a try. It's awesome.

It's a nice tool, but if I'm gonna make instructions, it's gonna be a series of pictures with annotations or something like that. Yes, that sounds cumbersome, but rebuilding my astero in that tool is gonna take even longer imho.. :p

And I'm still not sure if I'm gonna make instructions. Time and effort and all that. ;)
Line Asgaard
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-07-28 10:38:58 UTC
Love your build it looks really good ty for sharing :)

Lego is normally really helpfull and is known to send parts that you are missing if you tell what is for, so can never hurt to write them if you are missing a piece.
Neckbeardian
Doomheim
#34 - 2015-07-28 10:45:17 UTC
Pure awesomeness broseph.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#35 - 2015-07-28 11:03:01 UTC
Very cool! Great job! Bravo!

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Presidente Gallente
Best Kept Dunked
#36 - 2015-07-28 12:30:19 UTC
Ian Altano wrote:

It's a nice tool, but if I'm gonna make instructions, it's gonna be a series of pictures with annotations or something like that. Yes, that sounds cumbersome, but rebuilding my astero in that tool is gonna take even longer imho.. :p

And I'm still not sure if I'm gonna make instructions. Time and effort and all that. ;)

You might use LEGO Digital Designer for generating instructions in LEGO style.
Cave Lord
Workers' Compensation
Sukyoko-Moussa Ltd.
#37 - 2015-07-28 18:28:33 UTC
Ian Altano wrote:

This is me, selfishly requesting build instructions + Itemized pieces to build myself. :)

Seriously though, this is amazing, and you picked one of my all-time favorite ships too. (I love all the SoE ships).

Thanks for sharing mate, and I'd encourage you to keep creating. :)
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2015-07-29 02:32:00 UTC
Awesome and well done, thank you for sharing that.

Made me jealous, though

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Previous page12