These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The story of broken mechanic and AG victory in Madirmilire

First post
Author
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#41 - 2015-07-26 11:31:07 UTC
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
You were in a Freighter weren't you?

That's a capital ship.

Hmm...nope. People do argue what ships constitute capital vessels (often submarines start the argument) but they are always combat vessels. What are you basing this on, Eve's construction requirements?

Nah. I just base it on CCPs definition.
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#42 - 2015-07-26 11:50:04 UTC
Or do more runs, or more frequent runs and use a Viator. Cloaks and it's fast.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

BotAspirant
Bad Taste.
#43 - 2015-07-26 12:38:01 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's a capital ship.

Hmm...nope. People do argue what ships constitute capital vessels (often submarines start the argument) but they are always combat vessels. What are you basing this on, Eve's construction requirements?

If CCP gives you plate with sh** on it and calls it pizza. Are you going to eat it? Seems like you ppl would enjoy it and ask for another one.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#44 - 2015-07-26 12:43:39 UTC
BotAspirant wrote:
If CCP gives you plate with sh** on it and calls it pizza. Are you going to eat it? Seems like you ppl would enjoy it and ask for another one.
Look into the construction process. Insulting people won't remove your ignorance.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Khan Wrenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-07-26 13:02:22 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
The ability of one side to maintain a virtually unlimited stalemate does seem like a broken mechanic.

Except it's entirely avoidable by use of an actually broken mechanic, being able to web freaking capital ships into warp in less than a second.

The counter exists. Webs. Use them, or not. But if you don't, don't cry about the obvious consequences.

I'd like to reiterate this. Webs are freaking awesome. I have a Hyena in a hanger that I use specifically to help corpies in this manner. And no matter how many times I see a freighter warp sideways, it never ceases to make me grin. Perhaps I'm easily amused, but so what? I'm having fun :)
Mag's
Azn Empire
#46 - 2015-07-26 13:29:00 UTC
BotAspirant wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's a capital ship.

Well tbh my character never leave his pod, so I and I think many others wouldn't even get the chance.

But the Eve universe is theirs, so who knows what food outlet we'll get in the future. There are already examples of foods that have passed through the digestive system in RL, that we humans pay large amounts of money to consume. I cannot see why it is difficult to expect weird with this game.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#47 - 2015-07-26 13:42:04 UTC
Sounds made up
Cristl
#48 - 2015-07-26 13:45:38 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's a capital ship.

The only definition that counts in the context of Eve is that which is laid down by CCP; by that definition a freighter is a capital ship.

Yes, and that's based, as I said, on construction requirements (capital construction skill and capital components).

But they aren't capital ships. Even if CCP says that chickens are mammals, they still aren't mammals. That's just how words work.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#49 - 2015-07-26 14:24:43 UTC
Cristl wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's a capital ship.

The only definition that counts in the context of Eve is that which is laid down by CCP; by that definition a freighter is a capital ship.

Yes, and that's based, as I said, on construction requirements (capital construction skill and capital components).

But they aren't capital ships. Even if CCP says that chickens are mammals, they still aren't mammals. That's just how words work.

Did you just go full-******? I think you just did that. Never go full-******. It will kill your career.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2015-07-26 14:26:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Orca Platypus
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Sounds made up

Sounds like butthurt.

It's kinda obvious that what saved the freighter here is pure unadulterated idiocy of the gankers.
But then again, if they weren't that, they won't be ganking...

I mean, like... failing a gank on the cargohold freighter... this must be below patrick-level. Well, this just proves to me what gankers really are.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#51 - 2015-07-26 14:48:47 UTC
Orca Platypus wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Sounds made up

Sounds like butthurt.

It's kinda obvious that what saved the freighter here is pure unadulterated idiocy of the gankers.
But then again, if they weren't that, they won't be ganking...

I mean, like... failing a gank on the cargohold freighter... this must be below patrick-level. Well, this just proves to me what gankers really are.

Calm down miner! No need to get rude and all personal over this obviously fabricated AG success story. Just stay relaxed and make sure you have a valid mining permit.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#52 - 2015-07-26 14:53:16 UTC
BotAspirant wrote:
I read here and there that it is considered harassment to bump someone for longer than 15 mins. So 13:42 I filed harassment ticket that I am being bumped for half an hour.

Thanks for wasting GM time on something that isn't against the rules. It's not like the GM in question could have spent that time on something that mattered.

BotAspirant wrote:
At 15:13 the gankers(mostly goons)

Suddenly a grrrr, Goons thread.

BotAspirant wrote:
CODE likes to say that AG isnt working but it is.

Actually most of us simply ask "anti-who?".

BotAspirant wrote:
The sad thing is that you are helpless against bumping

Lies. This myth has been busted far too many times over the years for you to be able to claim ignorance, therefore I presume this is just a manifestation of your malicious hatred toward actual new players.

BotAspirant wrote:
it should not be possible to disable a ship for long time especialy in high sec(and yeah bumping titans/sc from under POS shields etc.). I think we all agree on this.

More lies. There are multple options for un-bumping your ship. We don't all agree with you, so perhaps stick to speaking for yourself.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#53 - 2015-07-26 14:54:08 UTC
BotAspirant wrote:
I dont understand why CCP removed the support tickets from the game client.

Opens spam support ticket, wonders why CCP made it harder to open spam tickets.

Orm Magnustat
Red Serpent Industries
Red Serpent Alliance
#54 - 2015-07-26 15:19:09 UTC
Nice story, you sure made some memories in this little affair Smile
They wanted to kill you - they tried - they failed - gratz to you !
But I really dont get in what way the bumping mechanics should be "repaired"?

Never forget: "The undock button is also the consent to pvp button" P

If you didnt like it better start thinking what might have made you their primary target, instead of all this talk about "broken mechanics" - in 99% its all about consequences of your prior choices.

That may be:
- pissing of certain people (so they want you dead no matter what)
- overloading, making the kill really worth the effort
- use of cargo extenders, offering an easy kill and tempting those killmail addicts

All reasonable (and thouh avoidable) in the mindset of this community Pirate
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#55 - 2015-07-26 15:33:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Orm Magnustat wrote:
Nice story, you sure made some memories in this little affair Smile

edit: my fail. Removed so it isn't mistaken as factual, but viewable in all its failing glory at eve-search.
BotAspirant
Bad Taste.
#56 - 2015-07-26 15:51:47 UTC
@Scipio Did you even read it? Lol, I even posted a screenshot.... If you look at the screenshot you can see that the gank happened in Madirmilire. /facepalm
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#57 - 2015-07-26 15:52:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
BotAspirant wrote:
@Scipio Did you even read it? Lol, I even posted a screenshot.... If you look at the screenshot you can see that the gank happened in Madirmilire. /facepalm

Yeah, my bad. Initially in Niarja and then in Madirmilire

The killboard checks out.

My apology.
Zirashi
Cyclical Destruction
#58 - 2015-07-26 15:53:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Zirashi
Teckos Pech wrote:

Webs do do ****, if you use them before you are bumped. That is the idea. Waiting until you are bumped is way, way too late.

Heh you said doo doo
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#59 - 2015-07-26 16:08:25 UTC
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's a capital ship.

Entirely wrong. You're confusing "capital ship" with "ship of the line".

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#60 - 2015-07-26 16:09:58 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's a capital ship.

Entirely wrong. You're confusing "capital ship" with "ship of the line".

No, he's right. CCP only call this brick outhouse a *brick* outhouse because it's made of bricks, not because it's actually a brick outhouse.