These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Alliance Tournament Practice Environment

First post
Author
Hsu Li
F.U.N. Inc.
The Ancients.
#21 - 2015-07-23 09:39:00 UTC
I really like this module. If it prevented cloaking then it would be even better.
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#22 - 2015-07-23 14:43:41 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
Hsu Li wrote:
I really like this module. If it prevented cloaking then it would be even better.

We've got that as an idea on our list, but it will come later if we work out a clean way to do it.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Hsu Li
F.U.N. Inc.
The Ancients.
#23 - 2015-07-23 15:09:49 UTC
Nice, I can't wait.
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#24 - 2015-07-24 16:12:03 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
I’m pleased to inform you that all team captains should now have 2000 Tournament Practice Units in their redeeming queue on Singularity. They can be redeem these just like any item. I recommend that you clear your cache before attempting to redeem them, and that you have your pilots clear their caches as well.

In their current state, the TPUs only provide scan blocking (including for themselves) in a manner identical to a Mobile Scan Inhibitor (so both probes and D-Scan). They won’t block anything else not normally blocked by a Mobile Scan Inhibitor. This does also mean that you will be unable to scan while on grid with it. While they do feature fitting services and cargo capacity, they are currently only accessible by the person that deploys the TPU. The TPU cannot be unanchored or destroyed, and will expire after 8 hours in space.

If teams need extra TPUs, or encounter any bugs with them, please let me know by email (logibro@ccpgames.com) and I will do what I can to help.

Please note that any abuse of TPUs, such as using them against other players testing on test servers or to interfere with other teams will result in severe penalties. As an aside, if you ever encounter a TPU on Tranquility, immediately file a ticket under stuck to inform Customer Support, asking them to bring it to the attention of CCP Logibro and CCP Bartender. Anyone found using a TPU on Tranquility if they somehow manage to get one will be banned immediately, along with anyone else that uses it.

On a separate note, Singularity will be undergoing downtime tomorrow (Saturday 2015-07-25) at around 10:00 UTC to allow us to apply updates. This will last for around 3 hours.

As always, if you have questions, feel free to ping me.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#25 - 2015-07-24 18:39:45 UTC
Thanks very much for this, logibro. Just to confirm, is the fitting service the ship spawning ability you talked about earlier, or just the same fitting service you get in a station or with a carrier?
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#26 - 2015-07-24 19:25:36 UTC
Very nifty! Thanks for these, Logibro!

When you get some time, can you get faction and officer modules seeded for us on SISI? At least in S-U8A4 (where about a dozen teams are regularly practicing) and maybe in Jita?

Thanks!

♥ GG

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#27 - 2015-07-24 20:00:08 UTC
Skyler Hawk wrote:
Thanks very much for this, logibro. Just to confirm, is the fitting service the ship spawning ability you talked about earlier, or just the same fitting service you get in a station or with a carrier?

Same fitting service you get from Mobile Depot (which is the sub-component that it's currently using). This will eventually be removed in favour of ship/fit spawning service. Same goes for the cargohold.

Greygal wrote:
Very nifty! Thanks for these, Logibro!

When you get some time, can you get faction and officer modules seeded for us on SISI? At least in S-U8A4 (where about a dozen teams are regularly practicing) and maybe in Jita?

Thanks!

♥ GG

We are not spawning any faction, deadspace or officer modules at this stage. Same goes for any tournament ships that are unavailable at the moment.

@CCP_Logibro

Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#28 - 2015-07-24 20:13:08 UTC
Dang, that saddens me :( Any reason why not?

Itkovian Beddict
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#29 - 2015-07-25 13:59:20 UTC
Greygal wrote:

You can just buy them on TQ and use the copy ships command to get them onto Sisi. As long as you were actually planning to use them, you'd need to buy them on TQ anyway so doesn't seem too much of an issue.
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#30 - 2015-07-25 14:17:38 UTC
Itkovian Beddict wrote:
Greygal wrote:

You can just buy them on TQ and use the copy ships command to get them onto Sisi. As long as you were actually planning to use them, you'd need to buy them on TQ anyway so doesn't seem too much of an issue.

Unless you are using them for your practice squad simulating the setups of teams on TQ that actually have them
Itkovian Beddict
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#31 - 2015-07-25 14:32:13 UTC
Kenneth Feld wrote:
Itkovian Beddict wrote:
Greygal wrote:

Unless you are using them for your practice squad simulating the setups of teams on TQ that actually have them

I think most teams that have entire practice squads (rather than just practising against other teams) can probably afford to buy multiple faction/officer mods, although I see your point when it comes to AT prize ships. That said, I can also see why those aren't seeded on Sisi.
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#32 - 2015-07-25 17:37:43 UTC
Itkovian Beddict wrote:
Kenneth Feld wrote:
Itkovian Beddict wrote:
Greygal wrote:

I think most teams that have entire practice squads (rather than just practising against other teams) can probably afford to buy multiple faction/officer mods, although I see your point when it comes to AT prize ships. That said, I can also see why those aren't seeded on Sisi.

Oh we can field two practice squads and can practice against ourselves, but we definitely can't afford to buy multiple faction/officer mods beyond what we will actually absolutely need :) Regardless, this is a great idea, thanks Itko!

Dez Affinity
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-07-25 19:18:20 UTC
This tournament has been a shambles and it hasn't even started yet. Do I even need to list the reasons why this is my conclusion?

There's been 2 new ship releases a month before the tourney, one of which the skill book wasn't even seeded for days after it was planned. A big release merely a month before the tourney - I realise you can't put TQ progress on hold, but it's still an issue.

Then there's been almost zero input and support from CCP (until the last week, and even then it's limited) I remember the days when if you wanted a module on SiSi seeded you could get it done in a week and it wouldn't even have to be for something like the tournament. I mean, is it really so difficult to seed the market with like 3 ships and 4 modules? It never used to be. What changed.

There was a promise of Duality, and I know passworded systems are a technical impossibility for you at this point in time but I can't believe there's been no other work around, manually moving a corps members to a locked Jove system, for example, would have sufficed. Disabling all system jumping, surely, another possibility, could just put people in a dead end and turn off the systems on the pipe to it.

You could have even tried tor a "gentleman's honour code" on Duality. Tell people to leave other teams be or face repercussions to their team. But that's not possible without a willingness to seed ships and modules on there.

I mean it's 2 weeks out and we just got a module that prevents probing. The most input I've seen is the battlecruiser +1 -1 point change we went through which just added a bit more to the sillyness of the whole thing.

So the teams make do with the best there is on offer, which is what is on offer to every EVE player, SiSi. But it's down rather inconveniently a fair bit. On top of that it is bugged, can't import ship fits from clip board, probing is broken and theres even crash bugs that affect 50% of people on grid.

To top it off the Prizes are not even in line with previous AT ships - except the Mimir. Ha.

It just feels like with minimal effort you could actually address most of these issues rather easily which makes all this even more annoying. We teams practice to make ourselves competitive, and competitive teams make a good tournament - which is what you want. I think it's too late to redeem this one, but if you take on the responsibility of Alliance Tournament 14, I hope you learn from this years efforts.
Dancul1001
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#34 - 2015-07-25 19:21:25 UTC
Dez Affinity wrote:
This tournament has been a shambles and it hasn't even started yet. Do I even need to list the reasons why this is my conclusion?

There's been 2 new ship releases a month before the tourney, one of which the skill book wasn't even seeded for days after it was planned. A big release merely a month before the tourney - I realise you can't put TQ progress on hold, but it's still an issue.

Then there's been almost zero input and support from CCP (until the last week, and even then it's limited) I remember the days when if you wanted a module on SiSi seeded you could get it done in a week and it wouldn't even have to be for something like the tournament. I mean, is it really so difficult to seed the market with like 3 ships and 4 modules? It never used to be. What changed.

There was a promise of Duality, and I know passworded systems are a technical impossibility for you at this point in time but I can't believe there's been no other work around, manually moving a corps members to a locked Jove system, for example, would have sufficed. Disabling all system jumping, surely, another possibility, could just put people in a dead end and turn off the systems on the pipe to it.

You could have even tried tor a "gentleman's honour code" on Duality. Tell people to leave other teams be or face repercussions to their team. But that's not possible without a willingness to seed ships and modules on there.

I mean it's 2 weeks out and we just got a module that prevents probing. The most input I've seen is the battlecruiser +1 -1 point change we went through which just added a bit more to the sillyness of the whole thing.

So the teams make do with the best there is on offer, which is what is on offer to every EVE player, SiSi. But it's down rather inconveniently a fair bit. On top of that it is bugged, can't import ship fits from clip board, probing is broken and theres even crash bugs that affect 50% of people on grid.

To top it off the Prizes are not even in line with previous AT ships - except the Mimir. Ha.

It just feels like with minimal effort you could actually address most of these issues rather easily which makes all this even more annoying. We teams practice to make ourselves competitive, and competitive teams make a good tournament - which is what you want. I think it's too late to redeem this one, but if you take on the responsibility of Alliance Tournament 14, I hope you learn from this years efforts.

+1
Mystic Rebel
Galaxy in danger proj.
#35 - 2015-08-04 20:08:56 UTC
Can you please remake TPU's to at least 2m km range or even better to 100au?

Because your ******** test server constantly crashes, ppl emergency warp 1kk km off and can easily get probed/ fit scanned in a matter of seconds.

Worst tournament preparation ever btw.
Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#36 - 2015-08-04 21:38:24 UTC
Mystic Rebel wrote:

Because your ******** test server constantly crashes, ppl emergency warp 1kk km off and can easily get probed/ fit scanned in a matter of seconds.

But they care?! Roll

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

El Nomada
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2015-08-04 23:52:39 UTC
Mystic Rebel wrote:

+1
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#38 - 2015-08-05 18:39:06 UTC
Due to the edge cases (such as people disconnecting and warping off grid), we're currently testing a change that will make the TPU block scanning across the whole system. This means you won't be able to use probes or D-Scan from anywhere in the system in exactly the same way that you can't probe or D-Scan when inside the radius of a scan inhibitor. We'll send out a mail to all the team captains when it's deployed to Singularity.

@CCP_Logibro

Neddy Fox
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#39 - 2015-08-05 20:18:55 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Due to the edge cases (such as people disconnecting and warping off grid), we're currently testing a change that will make the TPU block scanning across the whole system. This means you won't be able to use probes or D-Scan from anywhere in the system in exactly the same way that you can't probe or D-Scan when inside the radius of a scan inhibitor. We'll send out a mail to all the team captains when it's deployed to Singularity.

This is a great improvement. Cheers.
Mystic Rebel
Galaxy in danger proj.
#40 - 2015-08-05 22:22:50 UTC
Neddy Fox wrote:
CCP Logibro wrote:

This is a great improvement. Cheers.

It will be great if it gets deployed sooner than in a week.

Thnx Logibro, please do your best to deploy it asap.
Previous page123Next page