These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Last time you rage quit?

Author
Syrilian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-07-24 13:53:04 UTC
First, this isn't a complaint thread. I want to make that clear that I am not complaining about what happens to me or how the game is unfair, etc.

That being said, when was the last time you rage quit or at least were like **** it, I am done with EVE for the night because of something that happened?

It has only happened to me a couple of times and last night was one of those nights. Lost 4 ships last night, two to gate camps, one in a plex and one to a ganker while I was on a mission.

So the first ship I lost to a gate camp of like 20 ships. Went back and reshipped, picked a completely different route(looked at map, picked a route with few ships destroyed and all that), died to another gate camp as I was running away from a roaming fleet. Went back and reshipped, picked a route with absolutely no ships destroyed finally make it to my destination and get into a novice only to have an astero decloak while I was literally about to push scan on my d-scan. Points me, I go boom(though at least that fight was close).

So I decide to work on my standings and do a mission. Go to a system with literally one other person in it, jump to 10 k off mission gate, with a worm waiting to greet me. Warp off, wait ten minutes. Warp 100 k off, he is still there, points me and I go boom. That's when I said good night EVE I'll see you later.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#2 - 2015-07-24 13:55:19 UTC
Must be a good game if it inspires such strong feelings. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Syrilian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-07-24 14:05:33 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Must be a good game if it inspires such strong feelings. Blink

Won't argue with you there. Been thinking all morning about what I would have done differently and how I am going to **** some ******* ******* over tonight. Aw EVE, you are like the dark side, slowly corrupting innocent people into raging murder machines.
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#4 - 2015-07-24 14:13:59 UTC
Busy uni schedule. Because **** me if I fail my courses.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#5 - 2015-07-24 14:20:08 UTC
Syrilian wrote:
First, this isn't a complaint thread. I want to make that clear that I am not complaining about what happens to me or how the game is unfair, etc.

That being said, when was the last time you rage quit or at least were like **** it, I am done with EVE for the night because of something that happened?

It has only happened to me a couple of times and last night was one of those nights. Lost 4 ships last night, two to gate camps, one in a plex and one to a ganker while I was on a mission.

So the first ship I lost to a gate camp of like 20 ships. Went back and reshipped, picked a completely different route(looked at map, picked a route with few ships destroyed and all that), died to another gate camp as I was running away from a roaming fleet. Went back and reshipped, picked a route with absolutely no ships destroyed finally make it to my destination and get into a novice only to have an astero decloak while I was literally about to push scan on my d-scan. Points me, I go boom(though at least that fight was close).

So I decide to work on my standings and do a mission. Go to a system with literally one other person in it, jump to 10 k off mission gate, with a worm waiting to greet me. Warp off, wait ten minutes. Warp 100 k off, he is still there, points me and I go boom. That's when I said good night EVE I'll see you later.

I've never once rage quit (Quitted?) because of the game.

I have rage quit several times because of my own stupidity. And because I realized that it was my own stupidity rather than the game or the "evil bad people killing me and thus they are lame people" (aka other people just playing the game within the rules of the game), I got better to the point where I don't need to rage quit over my own stupidity (much) any more lol.
Orlacc
#6 - 2015-07-24 14:34:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Orlacc
About 4 or 5 years ago I lost a Loki to a null gate camp (my stupidity) and rage quit. For about a week.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-07-24 14:44:59 UTC
I only ever rage quit, after spending 1hour + waiting for my Rambo to load up & then nothing happened. This would happen with nearly every game... It was pot luck if you got past the load screen on most days. Rambo was Epic P

The Sinclair ZX Spectrum + 2 (128k)

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Velarra
#8 - 2015-07-24 14:58:26 UTC
Have not. at any time.

Unless you count the one year or so where flying anywhere caused severe nausea. Undocking and being active in space were impossible. Fortunately, CCP addressed the issue \o/ :) the camera when you use a stargate, now obeys the 180 rule. Now, i feel no sickness what so ever.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#9 - 2015-07-24 15:01:39 UTC
Funnily enough, every time something bad happens it kind of reinforces why I play the game. No glory without death.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Zappity
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-07-24 17:26:25 UTC
I was very close to rage quit (for the night) a couple of weeks ago when I forgot to put my Svipul in defence mode and died. Just stupid.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#11 - 2015-07-24 17:41:01 UTC
About 4 months ago when I needed to move out of nullsec and opened dotlan to see how many jumps it would take to move my carriers. I still haven't logged back in.

Not today spaghetti.

Moth Eisig
#12 - 2015-07-24 17:44:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Moth Eisig
I stopped for several months after I lost about 2.5 bill worth of exploration loot including a faction tower BPC after spending days just trying to find a wormhole back to hisec. That was also partly due to some burn out as well as lack of direction after:

- Spend months training for t3s to do null relic/data sites-->CCP removes rats from relic/data sites
- Spend more time training up support skills to do W-R C4s in T3 thanks to the resist bonus-->CCP adds extra static to C4s and removes the resist bonus from Wolf Rayets
- Train toward Marauders to do C4s-->CCP fixes Sleeper RR making anoms much slower and more dangerous for a solo player

Since then I've decided that it's more important to do what you enjoy in small enough amounts that you can still enjoy it instead of grinding toward some long term goal. Also, a couple weeks ago I ended up in a system again with the guy who got that kill on me and we had a good cry laugh about it, so life is good again.
Boudicca Camulodunum
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-07-24 17:57:17 UTC
it was a navy raven
Keno Skir
#14 - 2015-07-24 18:02:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Syrilian wrote:
Lost 4 ships last night, two to gate camps, one in a plex and one to a ganker while I was on a mission....

....jump to 10 k off mission gate, with a worm waiting to greet me. Warp off, wait ten minutes. Warp 100 k off, he is still there, points me and I go boom. That's when I said good night EVE I'll see you later.

That wasn't a Ganker i'm almost 100% sure, think you probably just got killed fair & square :) Unless gankers are flying in worms these days..

I have never rage quit EvE, although there are 2 losses on my record that account for around 80% of my total career losses (1.2bil Legion and at another time a 1.8Bil Pod). On those 2 occasions i probably logged out immediately and did something else in a "rage quitty" kinda way, but i always calm down within the hour :D Love EvE for that kind of emotional depth Pirate

Both examples taught me very valuable lessons i still remember to this day, and have probably saved me that much isk many times over in avoided losses due to a more developed strategy as a result.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#15 - 2015-07-24 18:48:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Shadowgirl9 wrote:
Guys I have eyes on a hostile Kronos running missions 14 jumps out

Got there and the guy jumped into us and wasn't a target. The war had been over for a goddamned week. He just hadn't updated his standings on his alt and didn't bother to check them.

I rage quit.

Shadowgirl9 wrote:
Guys there's a war target orca sitting in a faction POS, let's go reinforce it.

Our POS bash battleship fleet shows up, lands, tower is neutral. I logged off in system and went to play something else.

I love shadow but holy crap. Reminding him to check to see if we can actually shoot something is an alliance meme now.
solrac lara
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-07-24 18:51:47 UTC
I got mad that time i was trying to do exploration and scanned several null systems for hours and i only founded crap whs and combat sites and then i found a good relic site and i died, i didint actually rage quited but i got a bit mad.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#17 - 2015-07-24 18:58:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Ragequit? hmmm I wouldn't call it "rage", but I certainly quit EVE once and didn't expect to ever come back. Didn't even look back into what was happening for over six months, and that was on accident. Never made a leaving EVE thread, though I did make some wtf posts, just uninstalled and canceled my account. Was after the release of WiS. Didn't come back until CCP changed their course to just fixing this broken game and had put some actual effort into it. I'd do it again if it went back to that all over.

I don't think I've ever quit or ragequit a game due to other players. Well other than this one MUD, but they were all just morons running it which happens sometimes.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

flakeys
Doomheim
#18 - 2015-07-24 19:17:13 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Busy uni schedule. Because **** me if I fail my courses.

Have some sympathy for the guy , one of those losses was to a two man BLOC gankBlink.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#19 - 2015-07-24 19:28:11 UTC
Had someone dishonor a 1v1 once. Couldn't decide if I was stupid enough to agree to a prearranged fight or if he was more pathetic being an 8 year vet of the game afraid of 3 month old little me!

Made me bitter about the game for a few days but not really a rage quit. As close as I've ever been to one I guess :)

@lunettelulu7

Jeanne Tivianne
#20 - 2015-07-24 19:47:59 UTC
Last night when a WingspanTT pilot watched me fail-torp a Venture in J-Space, I was so embarrassed I left the hole, flew to Dodixie and sulked for a half hour before I logged for the night. Live and learn.

Nevermind the Myrmidon, 2 Stratios and the Manticore that was in the hole too. They probably played a part in me leaving too.
123Next pageLast page