These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

The true book of Bob

Author
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#21 - 2015-07-23 23:13:16 UTC
Erica Dusette wrote:
Let the crazies be crazy, my little genus musa.

... sorry Boss.

Just doing Bob's work.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Orob Ninebands
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-07-24 05:18:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Orob Ninebands
Candi LeMew wrote:
Wonderful work and lots of effort. But I gotta say it ...

Bob is a concept, a name attached to an outlook, lifestyle or philosophy if you will.

Sometimes Bob is kinda jokingly referred to as a physical entity (in which case Bob is a female by the way, sheesh ..).

More akin to "Murphy" from the old sayin' "It's Murphy's law" that I've heard before, Bob is not a deity and anyone who truly attempts to worship a Murphy is even crazier than the rest of us.

This will be proven by our victory when we eventually run into this crowd in our chain and murder all of them.

Because that's how Bob's will works.

You are mistaken, Bob is not a concept. Bob is real and Bob is the God of the Hidden Places.

You are also mistaken if you think Bob gives any favor in battle. Bob cares little who is victor, Bob cares that there is Destruction.
Even in the pursuit of his plan, Bob cares little for victorious battles. As long as the work of sacred Destruction is being done, Bob has time to wait for the final goal to be accomplished.

Many jokes and false ideas have arisen in the time His prophets have been in shadow as commanded.

The name is known, as was Bob's plan. Now He has commanded that He be known beyond His name. The Book of Bob has been given to Mankind of New Eden as commanded. The inspired writings of His prophets will all be known to Mankind as they are decoded.

All will know the truth. Not all will accept the truth.
Orob Ninebands
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2015-07-24 05:26:57 UTC
Candi LeMew wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Bob cares not which way the blood flows.

Sure she does, it's gotta flow through wormholes.

Haven't seen much of that from these guys, so I dunno how they think they've earned any Bob Karma.

Bob rewards, you see. You live by Bob and she'll give you the victories you seek.

Losses merely garner you some karma for next time.

Plenty of my blood has spilled in wormholes my friend. Plenty of my blood has spilled all over.
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2015-07-24 06:39:11 UTC
Orob Ninebands wrote:
Candi LeMew wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Haven't seen much of that from these guys, so I dunno how they think they've earned any Bob Karma.

Bob rewards, you see. You live by Bob and she'll give you the victories you seek.

Plenty of my blood has spilled in wormholes my friend. Plenty of my blood has spilled all over.

Blood for the Hole God
Wrecks for the Wrecks Throne

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2015-07-24 06:46:41 UTC
The question that remains, I suppose is...

...how Metal is Bob?

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Saturn Sabezan
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2015-07-24 09:07:04 UTC
Trii Seo wrote:
The question that remains, I suppose is...

...how Metal is Bob?

Metal enough for you, old man.
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#27 - 2015-07-24 12:49:24 UTC
Orob Ninebands wrote:
Candi LeMew wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Most of it's been yours from the looks of it.

I guess I'm beginning to understand now though. You've died so much that you believe you've earned enough Bob karma to claim to be her prophet?

🍌

Orob Ninebands
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2015-07-24 15:19:31 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Orob Ninebands wrote:
Candi LeMew wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Blood for the Hole God
Wrecks for the Wrecks Throne

:)
Orob Ninebands
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2015-07-24 15:23:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Orob Ninebands
Candi LeMew wrote:
Orob Ninebands wrote:
Candi LeMew wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:

Most of it's been yours from the looks of it.

I guess I'm beginning to understand now though. You've died so much that you believe you've earned enough Bob karma to claim to be her prophet?

Yes, mostly its my blood. That is why I said plenty of MY blood has been spilled. You would do well to learn a bit of reading comprehension. Bob does not like the illiterate.

I would also challenge you to do as I have done and fly solo for a space of years. Fly through the wormholes solo, fly to all the places you should not be solo, and take all the fights you find, no matter how outnumbered. The balance of the KB is not what matters. What matters is the sheer size, what matters is did you die trying to win the impossible. What matters is that you take the fights when you find them. Any pilot can rack up large numbers of kills when the balance is always tipped in their favor by numbers. What matters is did you confront the blob of ships when you were alone? Or did you hide in your POS like a coward?

It has nothing to do with Karma. The Book of Bob was delivered to us and we have given it to all of New Eden as we were commanded. As the other pieces of the scripture are decoded, they will be given as well. We claim what Bob has told us, it has nothing to do with feeling especially worthy, we know not why we were chosen for this task. We know what Bob has told us, and we obey.
Rafe Collins
Multiplex Gaming
Tactical Narcotics Team
#30 - 2015-07-25 00:56:38 UTC
Bob cares not who's blood spills as long as blood spills and wanton destruction reins. Clearly we are in the presence of unbelievers who wish to dissemitate misinformation to the blind. Listen not to the infidels and accept Bob into your hearts and be rewarded with his riches. Seek the hidden places and open your souls to his glory.
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#31 - 2015-07-25 23:53:43 UTC
Orob Ninebands wrote:
Yes, mostly its my blood. That is why I said plenty of MY blood has been spilled. You would do well to learn a bit of reading comprehension. Bob does not like the illiterate.

I would also challenge you to do as I have done and fly solo for a space of years. Fly through the wormholes solo, fly to all the places you should not be solo, and take all the fights you find, no matter how outnumbered. The balance of the KB is not what matters. What matters is the sheer size, what matters is did you die trying to win the impossible. What matters is that you take the fights when you find them. Any pilot can rack up large numbers of kills when the balance is always tipped in their favor by numbers. What matters is did you confront the blob of ships when you were alone? Or did you hide in your POS like a coward?

It has nothing to do with Karma. The Book of Bob was delivered to us and we have given it to all of New Eden as we were commanded. As the other pieces of the scripture are decoded, they will be given as well. We claim what Bob has told us, it has nothing to do with feeling especially worthy, we know not why we were chosen for this task. We know what Bob has told us, and we obey.

Oi. Bob likes me just fine, Mr Ninebands.

I've fought in groups of all sizes n' against the same, sometimes overwhelming numbers n' always managed to win more often than I've lost. Even sacrificed myself more times than once so that my Boss or our colleagues could live to keep fighting on. Bob likes that.

Bob don't like stupidity though, throwing ship after ship away pointlessly outside of Bob's realm doesn't do anything for her or one's wallet. It can indeed do wonders for your experience though, but when you just keep dying constantly anyway I'd recommend stopping and thinking "maybe I'm doing something wrong here?" rather than think the opposite n' go base a religion on it. I doubt that would bring glory to anyone.

Anyway, I guess I'll wish you lot luck with your pursuit n' interpretation of Bob anyway. You got a long road ahead ... as you already seen many capsuleers here n' elsewhere take issue with your interpretation n' approach. I'll admit you're way braver people than I to go against the grain of long-established anoikan culture, not to mention to come out doin' it like a Machariel comin' at a Freighter off a gate. You'll find your actions will be what endear more wormholers to your beliefs over time than any amount of words or argument though. Good luck, have fun n' praise Bob?

🍌

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#32 - 2015-07-26 03:03:34 UTC
I Claudia Amelia Testarossa Wingate Lillithella Osyn MDCXXXIV, Goddess of the IGS, know Bob well. Why, just the other day we had tea and discussed godly things. Bob is greatly misunderstood, Bob doesn't want sacrifice, Bob said "Sack of rice" ( Bob has a speech impediment, and is very self-conscious about it ).

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2015-07-26 08:03:23 UTC
there is no such thing as book of bob
Cydonia Meridian
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#34 - 2015-07-30 23:10:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Cydonia Meridian
Thank you for sharing the words of Bob. It is always interesting to read about other religions, and I have been fascinated with the idea of Bob for a long time.

Rafe Collins wrote:

Pledge to me your love and loyalty and pay me sacrifices and homage in your ways and do the work of sacred Destruction and keep me in your minds and I will make you my Prophets.

So what I really see is a chronicle of "The True History of the Universe according to Bob." As the so called 'true prophets' of Bob, what are his teachings? How does Bob expect one to "pay homage in their ways"? What does it mean to live the life of Sacred Destruction?

As a true Amarrian, I cannot claim Bob as my God, but I am thusly impressed from what I've heard over the years about his teachings from his followers. I am eager to learn more so I can see how divinely inspired the Teachings of Bob are.

Candi LeMew wrote:
Wonderful work and lots of effort. But I gotta say it ...

Bob is a concept, a name attached to an outlook, lifestyle or philosophy if you will.

This is what I seem to have seen in w-space, followers of a philosophy, more than a God, and a philosophy of destruction (of capsuleers) that I feel I could stand behind.

So you've presented his history, now what are his commandments?
Previous page12