These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

FW Missiosn advice

Author
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-07-21 20:55:51 UTC
So i have just joined CALFW and having a lot of fun. But ISK is a little hard to come by so i have decided to run missions. Now i can sit in a Manticore and have what i think to be decent skills. I havent settled on a fit so thats what i need help with! Any advice on my fitting and running missions is welcome. Also if anyone in cal fw would like to help me (show me the ropes of running missions in-game just shoot me an eve-mail :)

FIT:

Prototype 'Arbalest Torpedo Launcher X3
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Sensor Booster II X3
1mn Afterburner II

Ballistic Control System II X2

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters I
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partion I

With this fit i get 329 dps
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-07-21 22:48:35 UTC
When you say 'Running Missions', are you referring to regular Agent missions or Factional Warfare missions ?

DMC
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-07-21 22:56:33 UTC
I mean fw missions.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#4 - 2015-07-22 13:49:52 UTC
Too many sebos. In the mids you want a MWD, Medium Shield Extender, Thermal Resist Amp, Sebo with range script.
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-07-22 18:03:15 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Too many sebos. In the mids you want a MWD, Medium Shield Extender, Thermal Resist Amp, Sebo with range script.

Gal mil rats use a lot of damps though right so dont i need the sebos? And since i will be squishy no matter what is it even worth it to use the shield extender?
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#6 - 2015-07-22 18:26:37 UTC
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

Gal mil rats use a lot of damps though right so dont i need the sebos? And since i will be squishy no matter what is it even worth it to use the shield extender?

I've only ever needed one sebo. You could just join Mimatar militia, the Amarr FW rats only tracking disrupt which has no effect on missiles.
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-07-22 21:38:37 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

I've only ever needed one sebo. You could just join Mimatar militia, the Amarr FW rats only tracking disrupt which has no effect on missiles.

im in cal so minni is out of the question, so you run missions for minnie? Cause then its very different.
Kojohn
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-07-22 23:13:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kojohn
You're using the right fit, just google fw mission guide and find out which missions are harder and skip them.
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-07-22 23:20:37 UTC
Kojohn wrote:
You're using the right fit, just google fw mission guide and find out which missions are harder and skip them.

Thats exactly the same as my fit, how does it work for you?
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-07-23 00:06:07 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/0Fwnx55.png So heres my fit do you guys think i have enough dmg and range to do lvl 4s?
Kojohn
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-07-23 01:21:24 UTC
You should be fine. Go forth little farmer.
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-07-23 01:27:43 UTC
Kojohn wrote:

Any other tips or trick i should know? And also would i be worth it to be an target painter on replacing on of the sebos?
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-07-23 13:45:30 UTC
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Kojohn wrote:

Any other tips or trick i should know? And also would i be worth it to be an target painter on replacing on of the sebos?

The targets you'll be shooting are either big structures, fat industrials, or battleships - no painter needed tbh. Manticore is fine. You'll bank a lotta iskies with that bomber.

Always remember to start immediately burning off the warpin; in some missions there will be a spawn of frigs and such that pop up within 20km of the warpin partway through the mission. That can really ruin a paper thin bomber's day.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-07-23 22:30:26 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Kojohn wrote:

The targets you'll be shooting are either big structures, fat industrials, or battleships - no painter needed tbh. Manticore is fine. You'll bank a lotta iskies with that bomber.

Always remember to start immediately burning off the warpin; in some missions there will be a spawn of frigs and such that pop up within 20km of the warpin partway through the mission. That can really ruin a paper thin bomber's day.
How much range should have my torps optimal is 46 km is that enough to not get hit by there guns?
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#15 - 2015-07-24 14:22:47 UTC
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

im in cal so minni is out of the question, so you run missions for minnie? Cause then its very different.

Drop Cal militia, join Minnie Militia.

46km isn't very far. Have you trained for T2 torps? Javelins can reach our further, and Rage torps have even better dps.
Ender Tiberus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-07-25 07:14:59 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ender Tiberus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

Drop Cal militia, join Minnie Militia.

46km isn't very far. Have you trained for T2 torps? Javelins can reach our further, and Rage torps have even better dps.

With my new skills my new optimal is now 60km is that far enough?
Jureka
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#17 - 2015-07-27 13:25:38 UTC
[Manticore, Manticore fit]

Ballistic Control System II

5MN Microwarpdrive II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

Torpedo Launcher II, Scourge Javelin Torpedo
[Empty High slot]

Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#18 - 2015-07-27 13:39:05 UTC
^^ Thats right. Also, you'll get jammed, so you probably want that extra speed for maneuvering your range. Or as suggested, join the farmmatars.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#19 - 2015-07-27 14:56:17 UTC
He won't get jammed. Gallente FW rats don't jam, just sensor damp. 60km isn't bad, but the longer the range the better.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#20 - 2015-07-27 21:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Estella Osoka
Here is some food for thought:

Ever thought about using Polorized Torp Launchers?

Here is a fit but requires Geno set, or +3 PG implant.

[Manticore, FW PVE]

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Polarized Torpedo Launcher, Scourge Javelin Torpedo
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Targeting range is 213km. Gonna take a few damps to bring that down under 75km.

DPS with Javs is 575 w/ 91km
DPS with Rage is 864 w/ 50km range
DPS with Faction torps is 734 w/ 60km range
12Next page