These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[IG-CVA] Encyclical on Singularity and the One True Empire of the Lord

Author
Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2015-07-21 16:26:03 UTC
Arraz Nomarya wrote:
Sinjin Mokk wrote:

A little humility would also serve you well.

Rather, silence would suit one who carries the blood of a fallen race in her veins and the marks of their sins on her face.

If such a lesser servant spoke of a True Amarr Holder of the merest parcel of land and slaves in such tones, I would have them shot. For speaking thus of His Majesty Khanid II, Holder of Khanid, Lord of the Marches, I would have them impaled and flayed while their life's blood ebbed from their miserable body.

This lesser had best pray with her betters that she never crosses my path.

Hey look, Empire's lap dogs are here to mingle with us!

You know, you treat your own loyalists in such a nice way that we might never need to come up with a devious, barbaric and obviously brutal way to amuse ourselves with your demise. Just... throw you into a room and hand the nearest person you annoyed a knife.

Preferably dull.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#62 - 2015-07-21 16:28:31 UTC
Arraz Nomarya wrote:

Royal Commodore Nomarya, an apology for the boldness, but a question from an outsider: is not the ideal of the Faith uplift? Isn't one doing service to god, who is not a slave, thus worthy of respect?

I suppose I answer this question myself, when I consider the preeminence placed on the True Amarr, whatever acts of devotion are done by others.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Kontrahage
Perkone
Caldari State
#63 - 2015-07-21 16:29:45 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:
KOS is not WAR... KOS is simply NBSI as administered now.

You are red, you are engaged where ever possible. That is a state of war.
Why do we not co to your territory to attack? You may ask. The answer is simple.
We cannot be everywhere at once and while CVA is occupied with Operation Deliverance
and PIE with the war against the rebels, you will have to wait.

Max Singularity wrote:

I see NRDS as something more, something higher, something that "help is coming".

I know all about 'OUR' KOS... yes that's right I said "our" as in ours, yours and mine.

The difference being that everybody is by default on your KOS list while to get on ours one
has to commit a crime.
Also what help did you lend to those people in Domain when you murdered them?

Max Singularity wrote:

I was a protector of Providence. As a resident member of Volt I protected the GATEWAY ENTRY system. We spent thousands of ships, no less crews and I witnessed first hand CVA's "no help is coming".

I thought you didn't care about the deaths of baseline crews.

I am still an Ambassador of Providence and you have no idea how I am functioning as a Protector yet... However, personal attacks against me and NOT discussing the matter at hand is doing much to sway my opinion and a dangerous diplomatic tact with one that has such say.

Are you a sanctioned, official, chain of command diplomat of CVA willing to negate mercies in place?
[/quote]

I am not a sanctioned diplomat and you are as much an ambassador of Providence as I am Tibus Heth's twin.
I responded to your outrageous claims of having CVA support and for what I have said I need no official mission for it is obvious:
You are an enemy of the empire and will be opposed wherever, whenever and whatever the cost.

What other matters are the to discuss?
That you don't think the empress is god's true chosen?
- Not your decision to make.
Different things the empress has failed at in your eyes?
- Not your place to decide.
Auris Black
Apotheosis.
#64 - 2015-07-21 16:33:17 UTC
It is such a shame to see one of matari blood treated in such a fashion, a skilled and noble fighter belittled by those whom she protects? These actions are abominable.
Quin Mansa
Doomheim
#65 - 2015-07-21 16:34:59 UTC
A moving confession, Lord Vitellius. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and insight.

"Today, our future is in our hands, and His light shines down upon us." - Her Holiness Catiz I

Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#66 - 2015-07-21 16:42:21 UTC
Kontrahage wrote:

The difference being that everybody is by default on your KOS list while to get on ours one
has to commit a crime.

You know, since you're bringing up the law...

...crossing the border of the Imperium without proper authorization - most of the time in the form of "blue" status - is actually illegal. For safety of the citizens of the Imperium, trespassing is considered an offense and those who commit it are to be shot on sight.

Dura lex, sed lex as the old saying goes.

And seconding Arrendis, you guys don't really do that "Unity" thing too well do you...

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Arrendis
TK Corp
#67 - 2015-07-21 16:54:27 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
I would strongly advise that Amarrians with more mouth than sense (and that descriptor applies to at least a small majority of Imperials on the IGS) never push her to the point where she might find it relevant to question those beliefs.

I strongly suspect you wouldn't like what happened next.

But I suspect I would. Lt. Kernher's public records show her to be a capable pilot, and her statements here demonstrate a clear capacity for well-thought-out, reasoned problem-solving and diplomacy. She would be an asset to any organization she chose to join.

We make no claims of perfection to rival those of the Amarr, we who dwell beyond CONCORD's reach, but I daresay we recognize a failure to appreciate talent when we see it.

Auris Black wrote:
It is such a shame to see one of matari blood treated in such a fashion, a skilled and noble fighter belittled by those whom she protects? These actions are abominable.

Abominable, yes. Surprising... unfortunately not.

Kontrahage wrote:
I am not a sanctioned diplomat and you are as much an ambassador of Providence as I am Tibus Heth's twin.

I thought you looked familiar.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#68 - 2015-07-21 17:05:56 UTC
When the enslaved finds freedom and lose faith, it tends to get rather... spectacular. Especially when the faith is as entrenched as it is in Little Kin's case. For her sake, I hope that doesn't happen. It's remarkably unpleasant, even if it would prove highly beneficial.
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#69 - 2015-07-21 17:12:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldrith Shutaq
Arraz Nomarya wrote:
Rather, silence would suit one who carries the blood of a fallen race in her veins and the marks of their sins on her face.

If such a lesser servant spoke of a True Amarr Holder of the merest parcel of land and slaves in such tones, I would have them shot. For speaking thus of His Majesty Khanid II, Holder of Khanid, Lord of the Marches, I would have them impaled and flayed while their life's blood ebbed from their miserable body.

I assure you that will not be necessary. Harsh words between friends and allies are sometimes exchanged, but we remain friends despite them. I will be hopeful that this is one of those cases. The matter will be sorted.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#70 - 2015-07-21 17:23:35 UTC
Arraz Nomarya wrote:
Sinjin Mokk wrote:

A little humility would also serve you well.

Commodore Nomarya

Your depictive suggestions serve as inspiration and command to those blessed enough to call themselves humble subjects of His Majesty Khanid II, Holder of Khanid, Lord of the Marches, and a stern warning to all those who dare to defy and insult His Majesty in words and deeds (even if they might call him by his honorary title of Lord Councillor).

Unfortunately, gross defamations like the prematurely freed Kernher enjoys to entertain are not singular incidents. There are elements in the Empire that pride themselves in continuously insulting the institutions of our Kingdom and our King. It will need many poles and hooks to reply.

Long live the King! and may Grace be with you!
Odelya d’Hanguest, Begum etc. pp.
Anslo
Scope Works
#71 - 2015-07-21 17:24:29 UTC
One way to settle this.

Jello match. One Amarr rep. One Khanid rep. Winner take all.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#72 - 2015-07-21 17:25:07 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
I assure you that will not be necessary. Harsh words between friends and allies are sometimes exchanged, but we remain friends despite them. I will be hopeful that this is one of those cases. The matter will be sorted.

Shutaq, I heard these words before. I have come to understand their unidirectionality.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#73 - 2015-07-21 17:25:37 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
When the enslaved finds freedom and lose faith, it tends to get rather... spectacular. Especially when the faith is as entrenched as it is in Little Kin's case. For her sake, I hope that doesn't happen. It's remarkably unpleasant, even if it would prove highly beneficial.

It could be helped, though. If she comes to it not as a result of being pushed to the breaking point, but rather the natural progress of self-discovery and exploration of the universe within and without, having some among the Tribes who are willing to offer welcome and support, rather than simply channel her energies against their own enemies...

She would remain herself, as do we all. She would simply need time and room to realize that who she is has never been dependent on others or their words, but only on her responses to them. One whose nature compels them to serve a cause greater than themselves, to put the needs of those they see as 'their people' ahead of their own needs? That is not at all unknown among us, eh?

If that time comes, she is Matari. She will endure, as we have endured. And she will come out the other side stronger for it. But even a little guidance can make the suffering along the way more bearable. A hardship, not a trauma.
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#74 - 2015-07-21 17:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldrith Shutaq
Odelya d'Hanguest wrote:

Shutaq, I heard these words before. I have come to understand their unidirectionality.

And it is well known that your understandings are to be disregarded. You may be smug now, but your hot-headed separatist drivel is an impediment to the interests of both the Empire and the Kingdom you claim to serve and adore.

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#75 - 2015-07-21 17:42:43 UTC
She knows - even if she does not currently trust - that I consider her closer kin than those in the Republic. Same upbringing, same blood, different lives leading to polar opposite sides in an ancient war. She knows - even if she does not currently trust - that she would not be the first to learn how to stand and walk on her own, or that there is help to be found until balance is learned. Or taught.

She is as welcome at Deck23 as any other Minmatar, whether she is Matari or not.

I have little interest in pushing her further. That path leads to unnecessary pain.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#76 - 2015-07-21 17:50:49 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:

It could be helped, though. If she comes to it not as a result of being pushed to the breaking point, but rather the natural progress of self-discovery and exploration of the universe within and without, having some among the Tribes who are willing to offer welcome and support, rather than simply channel her energies against their own enemies...

She would remain herself, as do we all. She would simply need time and room to realize that who she is has never been dependent on others or their words, but only on her responses to them. One whose nature compels them to serve a cause greater than themselves, to put the needs of those they see as 'their people' ahead of their own needs? That is not at all unknown among us, eh?

If that time comes, she is Matari. She will endure, as we have endured. And she will come out the other side stronger for it. But even a little guidance can make the suffering along the way more bearable. A hardship, not a trauma.

Yes it could be helped but she would need to want the help, which she clearly doesn't. She has her own path she chooses to follow, just as you, Mizhara and myself have our own paths. Until she realizes on her own what is right there really is no place for any guidance. She can live with her kin looking down upon her, the guilt she seems to hide or whatever. But when and if that time comes where she realizes the errors in her ways she will seek guidance on her own, and for her sake hopefully someone answers her cries. In the end its her own path she follows and she very well can do it on her own. Really I hope for her sake the destination is worth the struggle.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#77 - 2015-07-21 18:10:14 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:

I have little interest in pushing her further. That path leads to unnecessary pain.

Agreed. And so long as she knows, then she is lucky indeed.

Deitra Vess wrote:
She can live with her kin looking down upon her, the guilt she seems to hide or whatever.

I have no reason to look down on her. She endures.
Lucas Raholan
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
#78 - 2015-07-21 18:17:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Raholan
It seems Samira has run into a spot of trouble with the authorities, is it at this point I'm supposed to launch vindictive insults at her about my superiority whilst languishing in her supposed upcoming doom. perhaps I should ask Aldrith as he's PIE resident expert on that matter.

In the mean time I would ask her to refrain from insulting those who past transgressions have been forgiven by the Empress. It would not be wise even for PIE to take on the entire Khanid Navy

Shitposts so bad CONCORD gave me a 50 billion ISK bounty

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#79 - 2015-07-21 18:33:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldrith Shutaq
Lucas Raholan wrote:
Perhaps I should ask Aldrith as he's PIE resident expert on that matter.

I would be more than happy to discuss such matters with you, my lord, but it would be a conversation best held in private. It would offer us the opportunity to be as candid as we would like.

Cydonia Meridian
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#80 - 2015-07-21 18:40:05 UTC
Arraz Nomarya wrote:

Andreus Ixiris wrote:

I strongly suspect you wouldn't like what happened next.

Anslo wrote:
It'd involve guns. Lots of guns. Guns you aren't escaping.

Auris Black wrote:

Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
...it tends to get rather... spectacular. Especially when the faith is as entrenched as it is in Little Kin's case. For her sake, I hope that doesn't happen. It's remarkably unpleasant....

Why all the cloak and daggers?
What's with the threats of conflict?
Why do you fear a fight so much?

You are Capsuleers!

She should be praying that she does get a chance to cross your path.
He should appreciate what happens next, win or lose.
Wonderful!
Belittled? Since when is a challenge to a duel belittling?

We should all hope this does happen. And then one experiences the Deathless Death, and wakes up to continue on.

I am repeatedly baffled why you all argue so much about who can 'beat up' whom, how you threaten each other with fights, and why everyone should be so afraid of that. You lose nothing, and have only honor to gain from such a confrontation.