These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Capital Rigs For Increased Jump Range

Author
Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
#1 - 2015-07-20 17:13:03 UTC
Simples -

For each T1 Capital Jump Range Extender Rig = +1 AU.

For each T2 Capital Jump Range Extender Rig = +2 AU

This would enable people to have extended range jump capability on Capital Ships but at the expense of losing the use of more combat or defence orientated rigs. They could just permanently 'travel fit' a carrier if they mainly use it for logistics.

Of course rich capsuleers could use range extender rigs until they get to their destination (to avoid potential gank bottlenecks like Aridia) then scrap the rigs and fit others upon arrival, but if the rigs are expensive enough they wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#2 - 2015-07-20 17:27:24 UTC
No. Eve is currently working as intended.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

davet517
Raata Invicti
#3 - 2015-07-20 17:54:14 UTC
Nah. The entities that have big super-cap fleets can afford to replace those erryday. They'd just re-rig when they got where they're going.
Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2015-07-20 17:57:49 UTC
Let me be the second to say this is jump nerfs working as intended.

Let me be the first to say reported for redundancy.

And let me point out your distance measurement should be LY, not AU. There are roughly 63,240 AU in a LY, so your 2 AU increase would be a pittance.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#5 - 2015-07-20 18:31:48 UTC
The jump range changes are working very satisfactory and any inconvenience is more than compensated for the freedom to use caps without half of EvE dropping on you from the other side of the map.

Something like the OPs proposal would probably just be used as a wedge to leverage more changes and extensions to jump range putting us back where we started.

Not supported.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-07-20 18:37:03 UTC
I'm normally the first to agree with everyone but the OP, but today I learned that people are self destructing capitals rather than moving them - then rebuying at destination, because that's less hassle than moving them.

Not to say I agree with OP or it is the way but....given the above, I feel like something is off the mark somewhere.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-07-20 20:36:40 UTC
afkalt wrote:
I'm normally the first to agree with everyone but the OP, but today I learned that people are self destructing capitals rather than moving them - then rebuying at destination, because that's less hassle than moving them.

Not to say I agree with OP or it is the way but....given the above, I feel like something is off the mark somewhere.

It means that there are too many capitals in the game and they are able to be made for cheap. Solution, make caps cost more.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Atomeon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-07-20 22:06:59 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:
Simples -

Knowing CCP

T1 300 calibration
T2 400 calibration

Now you have crippled your ship, good luck Big smile
Thron Legacy
White Zulu
Scorpion Federation
#9 - 2015-07-21 00:25:38 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
afkalt wrote:

It means that there are too many capitals in the game and they are able to be made for cheap. Solution, make caps cost more.

just making them more expensive wont work, small gangs would suffer really bad. we need other forms of limitation and control
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#10 - 2015-07-21 01:27:51 UTC
afkalt wrote:

Excellent, less capitals in the game. If people are that rich let them blow capitals up.
Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#11 - 2015-07-21 01:57:03 UTC
afkalt wrote:

I would disagree with this assessment. Rather, it means people value time, and the ability to actually still use capital pilots after relocating, more than a few hundred million ISK. Capital pilots are still a huge time/money/sp investment as well, you sorta want to get your money's worth, and you definitely can't if you are always jump fatigued.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#12 - 2015-07-21 03:48:50 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:

And let me point out your distance measurement should be LY, not AU. There are roughly 63,240 AU in a LY, so your 2 AU increase would be a pittance.

I am just embarrassed that I missed that he put it in AU.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

HandelsPharmi
Pharmi on CharBazaar
#13 - 2015-07-21 06:49:08 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:
Simples -

This would enable people to have extended range jump capability on Capital Ships but at the expense of losing the use of more combat or defence orientated rigs. They could just permanently 'travel fit' a carrier if they mainly use it for logistics.

Of course rich capsuleers could use range extender rigs until they get to their destination (to avoid potential gank bottlenecks like Aridia) then scrap the rigs and fit others upon arrival, but if the rigs are expensive enough they wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

I like the idea of killing a titan who is fitted with 3x +2 AU rigs instead of 3x core defense extenders or 3x armor trimark.

+6 AU sounds really well balanced.
It has not to be included in the calculation, because you won`t see any effect.... +6 AU hrhrhrhr

If it should be +6 AU... great idea... jump range is 3.5 to 5.0... totally well balanced, if we increase it by up to +150 % ....

Very bad idea.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-07-21 07:52:43 UTC
Vic Jefferson wrote:
afkalt wrote:

I would disagree with this assessment. Rather, it means people value time, and the ability to actually still use capital pilots after relocating, more than a few hundred million ISK. Capital pilots are still a huge time/money/sp investment as well, you sorta want to get your money's worth, and you definitely can't if you are always jump fatigued.

No matter where peoples opinions lay, I don't think anyone could say that the intent was for this to be how moves are handled by people.

Nevyn Auscent wrote:
afkalt wrote:

Excellent, less capitals in the game. If people are that rich let them blow capitals up.

It's not that expensive after insurance, what, couple of hundred million?

The thing is, if this becomes common (and it will), all it is doing is denying content to everyone. Except maybe the manufacturers.

I was a huge advocate of the changes, I still am. This does make me question myself slightly though, is this really what was intended?

I don't know, this just feels wrong.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#15 - 2015-07-21 08:51:34 UTC
*cough*WORKING AS INTENDED*COUGHT*
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2015-07-21 09:55:55 UTC
Oh probably, but it is still pretty shocking to me that this is actually happening.

Collateral damage/"emergent gameplay" I guess. Or rather emergent non-gameplay Lol.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2015-07-21 11:17:02 UTC
To be honest, "sell there, buy here" was often the answer to problem of moving caps. The fact that people prefer to insurance fraud them now is somewhat worrisome because that means people don't even buy them even at (supposedly) firesale prices.
Well, not that we didn't see this coming.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#18 - 2015-07-21 11:22:32 UTC
Yeah it's not like we nerffed range for a reason
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2015-07-21 11:49:34 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
Yup and it can't just be altered without screwing with the fatigue numbers along side it because of how it is calculated.

I'd not be adverse to some manner of range increase at the cost of hideous fatigue to facilitate genuine movement/relocation purposes...but...is it worth the effort/hassle....? They have bigger fish to fry methinks. So the current fatigue on a 2x5LY hop without waiting beyond the mandatory is 1908 minutes (roughly 32 hours), if that was more like triple for a single jump (for example) taking it to a roughly 96 hour fatigue for a single 10LY jump - it could work out ok,you'd hit the cap real sharpish, so it wouldn't present a viable projection option. Numbers would have to be tuned, as stated it cannot just use the current formula.

But like I say, worth the effort, at this stage....? Nope, not really.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#20 - 2015-07-21 11:53:55 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Yup and it can't just be altered without screwing with the fatigue numbers along side it because of how it is calculated.

I'd not be adverse to some manner of range increase at the cost of hideous fatigue to facilitate genuine movement/relocation purposes...but...is it worth the effort/hassle....? They have bigger fish to fry methinks. So the current fatigue on a 2x5LY hop without waiting beyond the mandatory is 1908 minutes (roughly 32 hours), if that was more like triple for a single jump (for example) taking it to a roughly 96 hour fatigue for a single 10LY jump - it could work out ok,you'd hit the cap real sharpish, so it wouldn't present a viable projection option. Numbers would have to be tuned, as stated it cannot just use the current formula.

But like I say, worth the effort, at this stage....? Nope, not really.

Not to mention if the rigs added fatigue how would this work on brides since the bridge ships would not have that penalty giving titans and blops no draw back
12Next page