These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

★ [Completed] AE08 // 1,2 TRILLION at 1,8% // 100%+ collateral ★

Author
Lisa Vallino
Simian Advanced Inc.
#21 - 2015-07-14 13:21:48 UTC
Lisa will invest 100 Billion once Chribba has confirmed.
Angelica Everstar
#22 - 2015-07-15 21:40:52 UTC
Hopefully I will be able to come with an update tmr, with a more detailed plan Shocked

§ Current Bond AE09 1 Trillion / Acc. 4,5t ISK

ƒ Want to become a better trader ?

¢ Pls help support EVEs charities!

@EveEntrepreneur

toejam12
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-07-17 12:25:28 UTC
If there is still room I will take 65B.
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#24 - 2015-07-17 16:34:16 UTC
I've been trying to get in on a market investment for a while but just dumped over half my liquid isk into minerals yesterday. If you would consider taking a 1B investment count me in and let me know when to send it to chribba claus.

- Than
Jade Deschain
3-I Area 42
#25 - 2015-07-17 18:51:50 UTC
200 Billion ISK

Angelica Everstar
#26 - 2015-07-17 20:44:26 UTC
Ok. Better late than never, some people say... Blink

Due to subcontractors time tables, and my own. Start day of bond has be move to mid August. So a little month from now. Chribba has comfirmed that he will be 3rd party. He will confirm in this thread, once the details are sorted. Likely in the coming week.

Damn you summer holidays for everything Roll

@EveEntrepreneur

Angelica Everstar
#27 - 2015-07-17 20:48:24 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
I've been trying to get in on a market investment for a while but just dumped over half my liquid isk into minerals yesterday. If you would consider taking a 1B investment count me in and let me know when to send it to chribba claus.

- Than

Investments need to be of 5b+, which I hope you will be able to gather (regardless of taking part in the bond or not).

NO isk should be sent to Chribba, BEFORE he has confirmed and the start of the bond.

@EveEntrepreneur

RAW23
#28 - 2015-07-18 10:08:37 UTC
Quote:

Collateral will be in the hands of Chribba, and is agreed to be continuous reviewed to ensure that it's always more than the bond value. Chribba will confirm the collateral, once he has it secured.

In the event of a default, or lack of collateral, investors will be refunded their capital investment and accrued interest to that point it's possible. Any ISK after the liquidation will be taken be Chribba as extra payment. investors will get priority by time of investment, if need be, after Chribba's pay.

I'm interested in putting 30bil into this but have some questions first.

I'm a little unclear on the collateral / default procedures. On the one hand, it sounds like Chribba is not guaranteeing the actual cash value of the bond but only holding the, as yet unknown, collateral and then liquidating it in the event of a default. On the other hand, you mention that Chribba will be continuously reviewing the value of the collateral to make sure it is sufficient for the bond, in which case the easiest thing would be for him to just guarantee the bond value as he is taking on the responsibility for ensuring the collateral is sufficient.

If Chribba will not be guaranteeing the value of the bond then how will you aim to value the collateral? Typically, collateral for bonds is valued at fire-sale prices but I'm guessing at least part of the collateral here will be rare ships, which will have a comparatively low fire-sale price. Will you be happy valuing them at such a level or will you be looking for their full value to be booked? Finally, can you say something more about the continuous review of collateral? Is this so you can swap collateral in and out? If so, this will make things hard for investors who want to invest knowing what the collateral is. Or is this to allow additional security in the event of market fluctuations? In which case, wouldn't it be easier to use a conservative valuation of the collateral if it is the kind of volatile item that could lose considerable value in a 2-3 month period?

In short, if the bond value is not guaranteed, what will be the collateral, how will it be valued, and can you give more precise details of the programme for ongoing collateral valuation?

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Nightjester
Ghost Net Industrialists
Northern Coalition.
#29 - 2015-07-18 10:13:55 UTC
Put me down for 100b once the collateral has been confirmed.
Angelica Everstar
#30 - 2015-07-18 12:13:34 UTC
RAW23 wrote:
In short, if the bond value is not guaranteed, what will be the collateral, how will it be valued, and can you give more precise details of the programme for ongoing collateral valuation?

In short : Bond value will be guaranteed.

Long : The collateral will be dealt with as per all past times, meaning.
The aim is at ALL times, that in case of a default, the collateral can be sold within 1-2 weeks for more than investors are owed.

This is done by keeping an eye on the total "sales" value of the collateral, so that in case that the value starts to decrease below an accepted level (105%ish "firesale" value). More collateral can be added, or bond can be closed in time, so that investors ISK can always be covered.

The main reason for that I stat "aim", is that sometimes CCP/markets change the value of items greatly overnight. Be it trit, moon goo, BPOs, T2 or any other items. Therefor if any part of the collateral is an item that drops unsuspected much over night, there can be edge cases, where collateral for a shorter period can be low 100%. IF this happens, more collateral will be added, or bond will close, as stated above.

I really HOPE that I have explained this well enough, but I do find it hard to explain in text. So if anyone feels that it's unclear, please ask :)

@EveEntrepreneur

RAW23
#31 - 2015-07-18 12:48:56 UTC
Angelica Everstar wrote:

In short : Bond value will be guaranteed.

I really HOPE that I have explained this well enough, but I do find it hard to explain in text. So if anyone feels that it's unclear, please ask :)

If Chribba is going to personally guarantee the value of the bond, then that's great and is all that needs saying. Potential investors don't need to know anything more about the collateral arrangements in this case as the collateral setup is something that can only advantage or disadvantage Chribba, not the investors. He is taking on all the risks involved with the collateral so the investor just needs to decide if they would buy into a Chribbabond worth 1.2 trillion, which is essentially what this becomes from the investor perspective.

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#32 - 2015-07-18 13:14:16 UTC
Angelica Everstar wrote:
Thanatos Marathon wrote:

- Than

Investments need to be of 5b+, which I hope you will be able to gather (regardless of taking part in the bond or not).

NO isk should be sent to Chribba, BEFORE he has confirmed and the start of the bond.

I can come up with 5B liquid if I have a couple days. Please just let me know.
Angelica Everstar
#33 - 2015-07-18 15:34:16 UTC
Bond start is not for a month. So you got plenty of time Blink

@EveEntrepreneur

Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#34 - 2015-07-18 16:41:31 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
Angelica Everstar wrote:
Thanatos Marathon wrote:

- Than

I can come up with 5B liquid if I have a couple days. Please just let me know.

Grind those plexes!

Btw, if you keep posting on MD we'll have to recruit you into BLOC as this forum is our turf Blink
Angelica Everstar
#35 - 2015-07-18 19:02:12 UTC
I guess you are always welcome to try, to recruit me - am sorted "between corps" at the moment Blink

@EveEntrepreneur

flakeys
Doomheim
#36 - 2015-07-19 07:39:04 UTC
Angelica Everstar wrote:
I guess you are always welcome to try, to recruit me - am sorted "between corps" at the moment Blink

If you want to have some fun then BLOC. is a good place to be.That corp was my first steps into FW and i had a blast there.Granted i didn't stay longer then a few months but then i never stay longer then a few months most of the timesBig smile.And as Epikerus said , that corp has a few alts of the ''known'' MD names in it.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

X ATM092
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#37 - 2015-07-19 16:58:38 UTC
Message me next time. I'd have filled this.
okoolos rimmer
Napkin Nation
#38 - 2015-07-19 17:56:11 UTC
X ATM092 wrote:

So few words to convey such enourmous meaning.
Francis Rumplebottom
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2015-07-21 00:13:41 UTC
okoolos rimmer wrote:
X ATM092 wrote:

So few words to convey such enourmous meaning.

hahahaha - agreed

But really, put me down for 10bil
Kain Duku
LoGisTicAl ERr0R
#40 - 2015-07-21 14:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Kain Duku
If you've got space I'm happy to drop another 50bil on this one.

Thanks. :)

Unless I'm mistaken current total is: 1.39tril so a little over. I wonder if you could make it to 1.4 (so long as the risk doesn't increase exponentially and Chribba is happy) Bear

Bored at work.... In post order.

All values in billions:

Droodid - 150
Belle Animosity - 40
Sequester Risalo - 5
Ulisse Kromm - 75
Elizabet Forgrave - 10
flakeys - 450
Magnu Stormhawk - 40
Aileen Morex - 50
Giaele - 10
Lisa Vallino - 100