These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Fit for a Kronos for 10/10 DED sites

Author
Max D3ath
League of Gentlemen
The Initiative.
#1 - 2015-07-17 15:00:35 UTC
Hi

I am looking for a decent fit for a Kronos. I am looking to do 10/10 Blood raider DED's.

Would anyone be kind enough to help out?

Thanks in advance.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#2 - 2015-07-17 18:58:54 UTC
Max D3ath wrote:
Hi

I am looking for a decent fit for a Kronos. I am looking to do 10/10 Blood raider DED's.

Would anyone be kind enough to help out?

Thanks in advance.

I recommend a Paladin over a Kronos. This is the Paladin fit I used to use:

Quote:
[Paladin, Blood Raiders]
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Core A-Type Armor EM Hardener
Core B-Type Armor Thermic Hardener
Damage Control II
Core A-Type Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Tachyon Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L
Corpum A-Type Medium Nosferatu
Small Tractor Beam II
Bastion Module I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

As long as I was careful, I basically never had to use the Cap Booster, but it was there if I needed it. Sticking the Nosferatu's on a couple of nearby NPC's works pretty well. The utility slots are user's choice. I changed mine up a fair bit (sometimes it can be nice to have a mobile depot and a cloak or cyno in the cargo). You can also replace the Cap Booster with a Cap Recharger II, if you like.

This would be the equivalent Kronos fit. The utility highs are user's choice.

Quote:
[Kronos, Kronos]
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Core A-Type Armor EM Hardener
Core A-Type Armor Thermic Hardener
Damage Control II
Core A-Type Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L
Dark Blood Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Small Tractor Beam II
Bastion Module I

Infiltrator II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Acolyte II x5

Also, here are some thoughts on the Blood Raider 10/10, which is one of my favorite complexes in the game.

I always triple-boxed the site - three of the Paladins above, alt-tabbing between them. My goal was to get it done fast before hostiles could catch me. My basic tactic for the final room was to immediately MJD upon entering the room, activate my armor repair while that is going on, activate Bastion module as soon as possible after landing, begin locking and killing everything in sight. Even after MJDing away, most of the rats were still comfortably within my optimal range of around 60km.

Each shot from the Darwin Torp took about 30% of my armor. Since each of my Paladins has about 11000 armor HP, with 88% EM resistances, this thing is no joke. As a reference point, each of my Paladins has an EFT defense ratting against Blood Raiders of about 1947. That should be a decent benchmark for any would-be Blood Raiders 10/10 ship. Understand that DPS is a huge part of my tank, however. I was using almost 3000 turret EM/Thermal DPS (your drones will catch aggro), so Blood Raiders died quickly.

There are several neuting battleships, but nothing came close enough to neut me, because I primaried them. There are no neut towers.

There are tons of webbing towers and webbing/scrambling frigates. Speed tanking is not really an option. I consider MJD a must.

There is a ton of turret disruption in this site. A normal turret BS will probably not hit anything at all. Bastion Module makes the Marauder immune to e-war, so I consider this a must have. An alternative is to use a passive shield tanked Loki to tank the Darwin Torpedo and the towers, and another ship for damage.

I do not consider it advisable to solo this complex, not matter what fit you bring. I generally ran it with three Paladins. If I had not had nearly 3000 DPS on the field, the neuting battleships probably would have been able to close within 25km, neut me dry and at the very least I would have had to warp out.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.