These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Blops?

First post
Author
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#81 - 2015-07-16 15:56:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Serendipity Lost
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Make Etana a regular ship and give me a Scimitar, Guardian and Oneiros version of it.

Alternatively make a Nestor blop hull.

Thanks from your friendly neighborhood logi buddy.

Your desire to soil the majesty of blops fleets w/ logi sickens me.

You can't go into this blops stuff w/ the standard risk averse pansy point of view. This is not an activity for scrubs.

Man up and JUMP JUMP JUMP.

You mean to say that blops is MORE risk averse than normal fleets, hotdropping is NOT a risky activity. Its the most risk averse form of PvP you will ever find (yes that include SRP fleets)

What's a SRP fleet?

EDIT ADD: I was saying that a lot of players are risk averse and won't ever ever ever jump a billion iks or better BS into any sort of pvp. Fleets (all types) are inanimate space pixel things and therefore are not measurable in terms of risk taking. Pilots are risk averse or not risk averse. When I blops (which is rare) I dual box a sin and a redeemer. I think that makes me stupid, but it doesn't slow me down.

I know a guy that won the original bpo lotteries and got a DCII bpo. He literally has over a trillion isk. He gets stressed flying t2 cruisers into pvp and when pods start popping he totally feaks out - he will never fly a blops into pvp. He's a poster child for risk aversion. If I had a trillion isk - I'd soloing Amamake every sunday night in a swaglefar. It's a pilot thing, not a fleet thing.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#82 - 2015-07-16 19:17:24 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

What's a SRP fleet?

Its a fleet that is covered by a "Ship Replacement Program" so basicly free ships for the pilots.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#83 - 2015-07-16 19:35:04 UTC
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

What's a SRP fleet?

Its a fleet that is covered by a "Ship Replacement Program" so basicly free ships for the pilots.

That's insane. How can large corporations and alliances afford to do that? Where do they get the isk?
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2015-07-16 19:40:35 UTC
dunno but never had a blops srp'd, only ship that really never gets srp'd

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#85 - 2015-07-16 20:34:42 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

What's a SRP fleet?

That's insane. How can large corporations and alliances afford to do that? Where do they get the isk?

If you only got two a month, one of them ain't happening and the other time you run when your second skythe goes down, that's not really expensive at all.
ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2015-07-16 21:50:49 UTC
They get SRP'd because they so rarely lose one lol

No Worries

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2015-07-17 06:28:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
blops is for ganking, you pick a target you know you can kill. No need for increased combat stats otherwise they just become T2 battleships and would see regular use which is not the point of them.

They're only for ganking because that's all they're good for. They need a cov ops cloak option that's not able to be onlined with GPG. They'd still be inferior for ganking in comparison to covert T3's so the argument they'd be OP is moot.

Wait... You were being sarcastic :)

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2015-07-17 06:53:01 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
blops is for ganking, you pick a target you know you can kill. No need for increased combat stats otherwise they just become T2 battleships and would see regular use which is not the point of them.

They're only for ganking because that's all they're good for. They need a cov ops cloak option that's not able to be onlined with GPG. They'd still be inferior for ganking in comparison to covert T3's so the argument they'd be OP is moot.

no they dont, stop being a scrub, cov ops cloak is utterly pointless on a ship with a jumpdrive. "inferior for ganking in comparison to covert T3's" lol ok

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2015-07-17 07:38:50 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

no they dont, stop being a scrub, cov ops cloak is utterly pointless on a ship with a jumpdrive. "inferior for ganking in comparison to covert T3's" lol ok

Jumpdrive is not useful for PvP, only dropping other ships onto a gank or travelling. Mobility, firepower, scan res, tank, warp speed, sig of T3 even with covert cloak are far superior to blops for actual pvp.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2015-07-17 08:30:50 UTC
its already been established thats what blops are for, ganking, a cov ops cloak aint going to make them be used anymore because of the tank, align time, speed etc (imagine taking gates in a panther and jumping into a gatecamp, no way you are cloaking and getting away), a battleship is a roaming ship and suits that role better because it has tank to deal with other roaming ships, a blops is for suprise attacks, a t3 is not better at ganking because you need a bridge (titan, or a blops), you lose tons of dps having a t3 as a cov ops and once you bridge you have to roam home, a blops doesnt its a versatile hot dropping ship.

i certainly won't use a blops if they put a cov ops cloak on it and remove the jumpdrive because its ruining what the whole ship is about

Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#91 - 2015-07-17 09:00:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Mister Holder
Lan Wang wrote:
its already been established thats what blops are for, ganking, a cov ops cloak aint going to make them be used anymore because of the tank, align time, speed etc (imagine taking gates in a panther and jumping into a gatecamp, no way you are cloaking and getting away), a battleship is a roaming ship and suits that role better because it has tank to deal with other roaming ships, a blops is for suprise attacks, a t3 is not better at ganking because you need a bridge (titan, or a blops), you lose tons of dps having a t3 as a cov ops and once you bridge you have to roam home, a blops doesnt its a versatile hot dropping ship.

i certainly won't use a blops if they put a cov ops cloak on it and remove the jumpdrive because its ruining what the whole ship is about

D-scan immunity would make them viable as a roaming ship instead of just a hot drop. Wouldn't make the actual ship anymore powerful, but would allow it to move un-detected without the need for a cov cloak (which a lot of people want on the ship), or a cov cyno. Local is still going to give info on someone coming into system, and a solo blop pilot is likely to die at a gate to a small cruiser gang. Hell, a small frig gang would probably take one out pretty handily as well.

And as far as all of the "solo" blops KMs you guys have posted... it is not even remotely close to solo as they have to have a hunter out to 1) find the target 2) tackle said target 3) open the cov cyno up. Blops hunting, by its nature, requires at least two pilots to be done.
Evanga
The Congregation
420 MLG TWINTURBO 3000 EMPIRE ALLIANCE RELOADED
#92 - 2015-07-17 09:02:49 UTC
Mister Holder wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

D-scan immunity would make them viable as a roaming ship instead of just a hot drop. Wouldn't make the actual ship anymore powerful, but would allow it to move un-detected without the need for a cov cloak (which a lot of people want on the ship), or a cov cyno. Local is still going to give info on someone coming into system, and a solo blop pilot is likely to die at a gate to a small cruiser gang. Hell, a small frig gang would probably take one out pretty handily as well.

And as far as all of the "solo" blops KMs you guys have posted... it is not even remotely close to solo as they have to have a hunter out to 1) find the target 2) tackle said target 3) open the cov cyno up. Blops hunting, by its nature, requires at least two pilots to be done.

Am i still one of the few who is fine with the blops as they are, except that the fatigue has to be dropped?
Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#93 - 2015-07-17 09:06:07 UTC
Evanga wrote:
Mister Holder wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

Am i still one of the few who is fine with the blops as they are, except that the fatigue has to be dropped?

No, some people are ok with using a (when properly fit) multi-bil ship as just a bridge/KM whore. But there are many people who want to use them for more than that.

Most people without experience with the ship likely look at it from the perspective that they are powerful enough as they gets kills, and rarely die. They don't look at the context of the actual fights they have since, when they drop on someone, they come with many friends.
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2015-07-17 11:38:50 UTC
what else would you like to use them for then
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2015-07-17 12:02:29 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

probably roaming around taking gates in a ship which takes forever to align and getting decloaked by interceptors and creating 2bil+ lolmails

Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#96 - 2015-07-17 13:23:53 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Tsukino Stareine wrote:

probably roaming around taking gates in a ship which takes forever to align and getting decloaked by interceptors and creating 2bil+ lolmails

The point would be more along the lines of dropping behind enemy lines, and being able to move around off d-scan without having to hot drop everywhere.
Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#97 - 2015-07-17 13:43:13 UTC
Crazy imbalanced suggestion: You can jump without a cyno BUT you can't bridge and you land on the star in that system. Muahahaha /crazy

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#98 - 2015-07-17 14:36:37 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Crazy imbalanced suggestion: You can jump without a cyno BUT you can't bridge and you land on the star in that system. Muahahaha /crazy

I don't think it needs to be anything THAT extreme, but they do need something to make them more than just a taxi.

I really think either d-scan immunity or possibly a complete removal of jump fatigue with a reduction in jump distance would be a good fix. Or something a long the lines of complete removal of jump fatigue if you are not bridging anything.
Lan Wang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2015-07-17 14:42:07 UTC
removing jump fatigue will just ruin everything, people will use them for traveling around everywhere then you are back to the same situation before jump fatigue existed.

Konrad Kane
#100 - 2015-07-17 16:15:52 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:

It is very difficult or they would have had a change already, I wonder if giving them special deployables would be something CCP could look at?