These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thunderdome - July 2015 series!

Author
Lodestone Toyee
BLACK FOX COLLECTIVE
#221 - 2015-07-14 03:41:06 UTC
Here's the vid of Lan and I in Uplingur.

The quality and editing is extremely meh. I spent very little time editing it and messed some stuff up, but its just a piece of footage, anyway. Smile

Gila vs Phantasm
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#222 - 2015-07-14 06:58:11 UTC
that phantasm is super fast, only chance i had was when you pulled over 150km range then i could warp to you (but you got wise to that), even then i could only get like 1 volley then you were out of range again, first time flying a gila so was an experience

wish i fitted damps instead instead asb's, was fun all the same Big smile good piloting man

https://zkillboard.com/kill/47848512/

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#223 - 2015-07-14 10:24:56 UTC
o.O
I want one!
Nice video also. I enjoy watching these fights a great deal.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#224 - 2015-07-14 12:46:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
That was an educational fight. I've never seen Gila drones drop that quickly before. Also, lots of good piloting and judicious use of overheat and repair. I had considered warping to Domino on a few occasions during our fight, but I managed to close range without doing it. (There's no rule against it, I was just saving it as a last resort.)

I like how folks keep little trophy items. I had a copy of the Hull Tanking: Elite certificate in my hold when using my VNI, then I started keeping a Fedo and some spiced wine. May have to switch it up for the next one.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#225 - 2015-07-14 18:50:05 UTC
I had considered a phantasm but ultimately decided against it. I might have to reconsider that decision for future Thunderdome matches.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#226 - 2015-07-14 18:56:40 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
I had considered a phantasm but ultimately decided against it. I might have to reconsider that decision for future Thunderdome matches.

I guess its trial and error, future matches i will certainly fit something to my ship to counter this sort of thing ;)

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Bronson Hughes
#227 - 2015-07-14 19:50:23 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:

I guess its trial and error, future matches i will certainly fit something to my ship to counter this sort of thing ;)

Every ship and fit has a counter. The real reason behind my success isn't that I'm an exceptional pilot, I just seem to be very good at picking ships that my opponent is unlikely to counter.

VNI counter: Kitey active rep ship, a bigger brick.
Gila counter: Anything that can web/kill drones.
Orthrus counter: Damps, tackle, cap warfare.

It would have been really interesting to pit my VNI build, which had 3x damps but relied mainly on heavy drones, against my Orthrus build, which was vulnerable to damps but fast enough to outrun heavy drones.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#228 - 2015-07-14 20:14:54 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:

Every ship and fit has a counter. The real reason behind my success isn't that I'm an exceptional pilot, I just seem to be very good at picking ships that my opponent is unlikely to counter.

VNI counter: Kitey active rep ship, a bigger brick.
Gila counter: Anything that can web/kill drones.
Orthrus counter: Damps, tackle, cap warfare.

It would have been really interesting to pit my VNI build, which had 3x damps but relied mainly on heavy drones, against my Orthrus build, which was vulnerable to damps but fast enough to outrun heavy drones.

That would be interesting to see.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Bronson Hughes
#229 - 2015-07-15 14:02:00 UTC
I will be unavailable from Friday through Tuesday for the next two weeks (so, only Wednesday and Thursday). To quote the immortal Lumbergh, if Noragen and Tengu could get on with it pronto, that would be great.... Pirate

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#230 - 2015-07-15 16:46:04 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
I will be unavailable from Friday through Tuesday for the next two weeks (so, only Wednesday and Thursday). To quote the immortal Lumbergh, if Noragen and Tengu could get on with it pronto, that would be great.... Pirate

I've forfeited due to RL. Tengu is all yours

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Bronson Hughes
#231 - 2015-07-15 17:09:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:

Bummer, but understood.

Tengu, you available to fight tonight or tomorrow night? I'd EvE-mail you but CCP went and broke EvE so the forum-based mail client is down...

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#232 - 2015-07-15 17:20:55 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:

Bummer, but understood.

Tengu, you available to fight tonight or tomorrow night? I'd EvE-mail you but CCP went and broke EvE so the forum-based mail client is down...

There's the possibility of me being available tonight but I'm not %100 sure. I will certainly try for it. I'd say I'll eve mail you if I know for sure, but lol.

I still have no idea what I'm going to fly... I was hoping Noragen and I could get our match in so I'd have some more time to think about it if I won, or wouldn't have to worry about it if I lost.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Bronson Hughes
#233 - 2015-07-15 17:30:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Bronson Hughes
Tengu Grib wrote:
There's the possibility of me being available tonight but I'm not %100 sure. I will certainly try for it. I'd say I'll eve mail you if I know for sure, but lol.

I still have no idea what I'm going to fly... I was hoping Noragen and I could get our match in so I'd have some more time to think about it if I won, or wouldn't have to worry about it if I lost.

I hear ya. My previous posting bravado aside, I'm not in a huge rush, especially with the current server shenanigans; I just figured I'd try to knock this out quick since I know you and I are only a few TZs apart.

Leto encouraged us to think outside of the box* and I finally took him up on it. I took two different "things" and crammed them into one hull not really meant to do either of them and it will either win gloriously or fail fantastically. Part of me hopes you win just for the utter LOLmail this ship's loss would generate. Pirate

* By "out of the box", I mean I had to actually fit it and practice with it against a live target (an alt of mine) just to see if it would even work, and it didn't right away....

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Badman Lasermouse
Run and Gun Mercenary Corps
#234 - 2015-07-15 19:31:29 UTC
I have been away from game for a bit due to some travel and am dissapointed I missed this bracket. I will not miss the next. If Bronson wins again its all the more incentive for me to participate.

-Badman

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#235 - 2015-07-16 01:24:14 UTC
Bronson and I managed to meet up for our fight.

He's processing the video right now, so I won't spoil the results.

Gf though.

p.s. BC round is TOTALLY different ball game.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Bronson Hughes
#236 - 2015-07-16 01:56:54 UTC
Confirming that Thunderdome in battlecruisers is a whole new ballgame.

Here's the video.

And for the impatient, the killmail.

Good fight man. Rock paper scissors all the way in this round.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Badman Lasermouse
#237 - 2015-07-16 03:59:36 UTC
Can I jump into the bracket in the losers bracket somewhere? If someone backs out?

-Badman

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#238 - 2015-07-16 04:04:19 UTC
Badman Lasermouse wrote:
Can I jump into the bracket in the losers bracket somewhere? If someone backs out?

I backed out you can take my spot I'll mail leto

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Badman Lasermouse
#239 - 2015-07-16 04:14:55 UTC
I VOLUNTEER

-Badman

Bronson Hughes
#240 - 2015-07-16 11:47:39 UTC
Badman Lasermouse wrote:

I admire your determination sir. Hopefully we'll see each other on the battlefield again. Fighting you in a frigate would be...interesting....

With that said, I will be AFK from this evening on for about two weeks with the exception of next Wednesday. It looks like there's enough fighting to happen in the meantime that my absence shouldn't hold things up.

Good hunting.

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs