These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Best Killer Fleet Size in 2014 - Solo!!

Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#21 - 2015-07-14 15:58:53 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
.. Sounds like from a bad looser who did not made it under the top ten.
Those goggles filling up with delicious salty tears again? Lol

Wait... your corp is not even on that list!
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#22 - 2015-07-14 16:07:35 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
Doesn't take a genius to figure out that total damage is a **** stat to use to prove your point... Since there are ships in null that CAN take so much more damage than anything in highsec Roll

True. Another point where the statistic is misleading at best. Nullsec PvP may yield more total damage in the end, but many of the ships lost in null are meant for PvP and unironically already replaced when they are lost (SRP 'n ****.). They can be seen as mere ammunition. People go into a big brawl knowing, that stuff on all sides will explode.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#23 - 2015-07-14 16:08:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Jenn aSide wrote:
From the article:
Quote:
75T damage was in highsec, 111 in lowsec, 155 in nullsec and 43 in WH space.

Just posting this here so that I dear high sec partisans friends can understand that a bunch of little frigates and the occasional frightwer going popin high sec doesn't make high sec "more dangerous", and that null (along with low) are still the destruction engines that make the EVE economy work.

You may now return to what ever bullshit that thread was actually about Cool

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that total damage is a **** stat to use to prove your point... Since there are ships in null that CAN take so much more damage than anything in highsec Roll

You want to pump your chest out like that big boy? Look at those lowsec numbers... that is where real pvp apparently takes place. Not your little blue donut ring.

lol, 'real pvp', because smashing buttons in a video game makes you a man I guess.

Not surprising that you'd miss the point, but here it is again: The people (high sec people) who like to point at the star map (that just lights up with kills but doesn't tell you the circumstances) and proclaim that high sec is THE main event in EVE, they are wrong, that crown belongs to null (you know, that space with a FRACTION of high sec's population), with low sec in second place.

Don't get mad at me because your favorite space is a runner-up in the "who more important to the game economically" race, it'll be ok, you just need to kill more stuff Twisted
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#24 - 2015-07-14 16:18:42 UTC

You want to pump your chest out like that big boy? Look at those lowsec numbers... that is where real pvp apparently takes place. Not your little blue donut ring.

But it is ISK damage and not HP damage. Go on, make something else up to discredit the list.
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#25 - 2015-07-14 16:38:45 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
But it is ISK damage and not HP damage. Go on, make something else up to discredit the list.

Titans.
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#26 - 2015-07-14 16:44:42 UTC
I dont care much for the data here. I however will say that real solo pvp'rs do exist, as I am one. No links, alts, scouts, HG tank implants etc. I do use an HG jackal set in one of my clones to help defend against ECM for minny ships bit thats pretty much it.

Now i cant fight 20 ppl in a BS like is portrayed in videos of people using links, but i am able to hold my own in most 1v1 to 1v5's. Just about dividing and conquering.

I roam null and low. Sometimes get the occasional fight from a WT in HS. Regardless though, solo pvp is not dead. Just most people dont know how or care to do it. I used to be in nullblobs, but it was boring and too easy. Then started joining home d fleets and that was a lot more fun as it was a smaller group of people to fight against. Then that became too easy. So i roamed solo.

To those that reference EVE as an MMO, and say its supposed to be gang fights is dumb. Its a sandbox, we play it how we want. Regardless if i am playing solo, i am still interacting with other people and not NPCs.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
Chao3 Alliance
#27 - 2015-07-14 16:52:13 UTC
Stitch Kaneland wrote:
To those that reference EVE as an MMO, and say its supposed to be gang fights is dumb. Its a sandbox, we play it how we want. Regardless if i am playing solo, i am still interacting with other people and not NPCs.

Well said!

Regarding the numbers from the blog referenced by the OP, I can say that even if I am also playing solo, my fleet composition is rarely only one pilot.
I do not know if the data means only one pilot on the kill mail or if this really account for fleet size at the time of the kill.

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Jenshae Chiroptera
#28 - 2015-07-14 17:09:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
LolLolLol
Jenn aSide wrote:
lol, 'real pvp', because smashing buttons in a video game makes you a man I guess.
LolLolLol
(I always imagine Jenn as one of those plump guys who keeps hitching his pants closer to his arm pits over his stomach, that corners people at parties to try explain to them how Jenn sees the world).
Let us not forget:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just posting this here so that I dear high sec ( kiddies) can understand that a bunch of little frigates (baby toys) doesn't make high sec "more dangerous", and that null (along with low) are (the 'real PVP')
Don't like the taste of your own posting style? Lol

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#29 - 2015-07-14 17:18:56 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:

Her quote directly claimed DAMAGE. Also, same applies. A Titan is going to cost more than 20 bling fit marauders... nothing in Highsec can get remotely close to the isk/HP of null.

But continue to spin please, it is amusing seeing CODE coming to Jenn's defense... again

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Angelica Dreamstar
Miner's House of ill repute
#30 - 2015-07-14 17:22:30 UTC
I like how this escalated. Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Angelica Dreamstar
Miner's House of ill repute
#31 - 2015-07-14 17:25:24 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
.. Sounds like from a bad looser who did not made it under the top ten.

Personally I am not impressed. It's only the stupid who are impressed by the HUGE NUMBERS. Those easily tricked into believing that it's a big achievement to kill one thing worth a billion, compared to one thousand things worth a million. Gigantic difference, much more to be proud of. Though I fully understand that below-average people from reddit and all the other people who lack education and concentration easily fall for numbers like that. Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#32 - 2015-07-14 17:33:46 UTC
lol, when the message diverges from your belief system, attack the messenger. Because You surely can't attack the message ,that message being null sec accounted for twice the isk value of ships items destroyed than high sec in EVE Online according to zkillboard, despite having 1/5th or so the character population of high sec.

I get it, you don't much like the information, you know that info (and the fact that you hold an opinion contrary to this information) says bad things about how you think. It's ok, be mad at me, blame me, take it out on some random dude on the internet talking about a video game rather than fix your incorrect way of thinking. Whatever you have to do to let your ego survive. Go ahead, I can take it, I deal with worse than you every night Twisted

But none of that changes the truth, and you guys know it. And you're sitting there, in front of a computer screen of some type, knowing all I just said is true (and more importantly, you know what your reaction means about you as a person). It probably makes you feel bad, and I'm sorry for that, but you brought it on your self because no one made you post in this place, or display incorrect thinking in the 1st place.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#33 - 2015-07-14 17:36:37 UTC

Her quote directly claimed DAMAGE.

Link here the post where I used the word damage in this thread. Or did you misunderstand the phrase 'destruction engine' lol.

Go ahead, we'll wait.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#34 - 2015-07-14 18:10:30 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Link here the post where I used the word damage in this thread. Or did you misunderstand the phrase 'destruction engine' lol.

Go ahead, we'll wait.

Jenn aSide wrote:
From the article:
Quote:

Just posting this here so that I dear high sec partisans friends can understand that a bunch of little frigates and the occasional frightwer going popin high sec doesn't make high sec "more dangerous", and that null (along with low) are still the destruction engines that make the EVE economy work.

It was here, FYI.

Jenn, stop being terrible.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#35 - 2015-07-14 18:26:51 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Go ahead, we'll wait.

Jenn aSide wrote:
From the article:
Quote:

It was here, FYI.

I misunderstood what he was saying, easy to do when he gets everything else wrong.

With that out of the way, we can all agree now that (at least according to the info provided in the article which is verifiable through zkillboard) that null sec is responsible for twice as much isk value killed than the safe region of new eden (high sec) that has something like 5 times as many characters, which in turn kills all that silly talk about how null isn't economically important compared to high sec that has been making the rounds on this forum the last few weeks?
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#36 - 2015-07-14 18:43:06 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

I misunderstood what he was saying, easy to do when he gets everything else wrong.

With that out of the way, we can all agree now that (at least according to the info provided in the article which is verifiable through zkillboard) that null sec is responsible for twice as much isk value killed than the safe region of new eden (high sec) that has something like 5 times as many characters, which in turn kills all that silly talk about how null isn't economically important compared to high sec that has been making the rounds on this forum the last few weeks?

But you are arguing against something that doesn't exist. No one said that Null sec isn't economically important. No one said that there isn't kills there. And no one said any of which you are arguing about.

Null is important, so is High sec, so is low sec. But if you want to know where the isk/population ratio is highest it is WH space based on your numbers, followed distantly by low sec. You are assuming with your argument that all 5x of those players you are calling out are anything more than trading alts, station bots, non-used alts. You have no idea how many people are undocked and active... except in WH space. All the players in WH space (minus Thera) are undocked.

But anyways, I still have a hard time taking you serious when you literally made up an argument against a premise that was never once in this thread, or credibly in others mentioned. All parts of Eve are economically important.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#37 - 2015-07-14 19:16:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Don't like the taste of your own posting style? Lol
.... you are arguing against something that doesn't exist. No one said that Null sec isn't economically important. No one said that there isn't kills there. And no one said any of which you are arguing about. ...
Yup.
I often laugh at various groups, like you get these tourists that come into Providence and score a few kills off some miners ** that re-shipped and stroke themselves silly or you get some alliance that declares a war and brags about a billion in destroyed assets.
Multiple week wars that don't even reach the destruction of one battle. People don't even form up or make any effort to fight them because it is so inconsequential.

** (Miners tend to be low on ship fitting skills and combat skills, so even if they are in combat ships it is hardly ever approaching alliance tournament standards).

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

V1P3RR
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2015-07-15 01:55:07 UTC
I`m wondering how much of that lowsec damage in isk is just nerds in supers/titans getting ganked :)
Renegade Heart
Yo Ho Ho
#39 - 2015-07-15 01:58:48 UTC
If one player can kill me then I foresee hard times ahead. Maybe i should join a corp after all. Oops
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#40 - 2015-07-15 05:53:52 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Personally I am not impressed. It's only the stupid who are impressed by the HUGE NUMBERS. Those easily tricked into believing that it's a big achievement to kill one thing worth a billion, compared to one thousand things worth a million. Gigantic difference, much more to be proud of. Though I fully understand that below-average people from reddit and all the other people who lack education and concentration easily fall for numbers like that. Lol

Actually the best thing about this list is this thread, where every null-is-tha-endgame! and I-am-an-ebil-losec-pirat! die-hard is making some stuff up about why they don't care Big smile

Just remember: The Code always wins! ALWAYS! Everyday!

To add some fuel to this, the list with the pilots is out and it reads like a roster of New Order Agents:
http://greedygoblin.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/the-kills-of-2014-pilots.html

Fun fact: I created this toon in December 2013, started ganking in February 2014 and I still made it to #74 for 2014. Take this all you "new characters can never catch up with vets because SP"-whiners.