These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Yet again launcher stuck at 0.0% creating patch

Author
Requiem7
ElitistOps
Deepwater Hooligans
#1 - 2015-06-02 12:08:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Requiem7
Yet again im having the same issue with this patch 14/07/2015

Launcher just wont update and gets stuck on creating patch 0.0%

Creating patch 0.0%
Dsparil
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2015-06-02 14:40:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Dsparil
Having the exact same problem. I really do wish they'd get rid of the launcher. It is nothing but problems.

ETA: try deleting the cache folder in the launcher folder.
Requiem7
ElitistOps
Deepwater Hooligans
#3 - 2015-06-02 15:00:01 UTC
im still stuck at 0.0% creating patch it has been 4 hours now
internecionX
EVE Engineering Corporation
#4 - 2015-06-02 15:19:00 UTC
Windows 7 x64 - Modern fast computer. 16G of ram, SSD, etc.

Unable to get any launcher to work. Stays stuck at "Creating patch 0.0%"
Tried several times, reboot, clearing cache in eve launcher, no change.

Tried repair tool INSIDE the eve launcher, No change.

Removed launcher folder, installed this:
https://ccpcommunity.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203183482

Same problem. Stuck at "Creating patch 0.0%" I also now get the new error "you are running a pre-release version"
I am running 2.2.884420

Side note, i have about 6 accounts and the launcher has never worked in the last year at my work due to corporate firewal. Skipping to the exe has always worked fine. So it kinda sucks i will be playing less now.
Treyah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-06-02 16:45:55 UTC
Worst launcher, any game, period = Eve.
Lex Fenalin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-06-03 00:47:27 UTC
I get this problem every update, and have yet to find a working solution... other than reinstalling the game or waiting a week for them to actually do something about it.

So this time I unsubbed this account. Your move, CCP.
Minwind
Thunder Council
#7 - 2015-06-03 19:56:47 UTC
Anyone having problems downloading the actual client from CCP. I start to the download the 97 MB file, I get to about .03 MB and then my time sky rockets from 2 minutes to 9 hours and then stops.
Geoff Uitra
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-07-14 13:42:52 UTC
Eve help this is crazy

Eve your going to lose a lot of customers because of this problem, I have reinstalled my launcher, and I have got it ti work, now the button is grey again, I reinstalled the launcher again but still nothing, so why is this happening, every time there is an update Apperantly.

So please fix this I;, starting to feel like I have wasted my money when it takes me more time to log in to the game than I get to play.

It is getting ridiculous, please sort it out!!!!!!!!!!

Orlacc
#9 - 2015-07-14 17:32:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Orlacc
I have to agree. The launcher is terribly written and executed. All my ports, firewall etc. are open and waiting patiently but no bytes are getting to me.......

P.S. I have 27 TCP connections to your severs currently.

UPDATE: On 12th try got patched.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Mayumi Himura
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2015-07-15 02:47:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Mayumi Himura
Just to check, but are you 100% sure you are not routing data through a proxy or a firewall that is not bypassed or configured to allow the launcher?

There are a large number of cases where a proxy has resulted in 404 errors to be served, this is because the cdn (content delivery network) that is used to deliver patches does not like the request format these proxies send to them. The result on the client side is patching stuck at 0%.

Oddly enough in these cases, reinstalling does seem to resolve the issue (I am guessing it initially grabs the files from a different host network), however when a patch is released you will encounter the problem again. I had this happen to me first hand on my own network.

There are sites you can use to check for this (one being http://amibehindaproxy.com/ , i can not say how accurate it is, but it does detect my setup in transparent mode).

@ccpdev One thing that might be useful in diagnosing these kind of things would be if the launcher logged this sort of thing a little better when in debug, from the logs i got when this happened on my end, it never said the request returned an error, it only showed that requests were happening. As is seen on the wiki though, the proxy was reporting a far different story (logging the 404 errors).