These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Warp in Recon Fast Tackle

Author
Marcius Decimus
BLISSA CORP
#1 - 2015-07-13 19:10:14 UTC
I have come to accept CCP will change the fleet warp and I accept there are some who think this is good. What I am asking is this...

If we do make this change, why not create a fast tackle recon which has remarkable tank, scanning, speed and possibly bubble capability. Make it so the bubble is a single load with a massive reload time, but the idea is this...

Good fights from people who want to kite and/or evade are tough to get sometimes because you cannot get a warp in. Quite frankly, the new changes will make small gang attack fleets who hit and run a new major player in eve. I respect this can be good, but provide a counter.

So, give a counter. Provide a small fast ship with a sole purpose of scanning, warping in and getting limited tackle and a warp in. Give it survivability but absolutely no DPS capability so it can solely be used for warping in and providing warp ins for fleets.

I understand there are variations to the idea as some folks in here have much more knowledge than I, but the general concept IMHO is valid.

These ships should be the fastest available, excellent scanning (possibly covert scanning which I think would be cool) with good tank, but no DPS.

Thoughts?
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#2 - 2015-07-13 20:27:27 UTC
so you want a covert ops-inty-dictor monster hybrid?

why not throw in some e-war...tack on EAF to that mix too. Why stop at putting 3 classes of ship out of work, go for 4.
Arla Sarain
#3 - 2015-07-13 20:36:30 UTC
Posting in a stealth T3 Frigate thread.
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2015-07-13 20:42:33 UTC
If they would just fix the damn Prospect (see sig)

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-07-13 20:49:09 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
If they would just fix the damn Prospect (see sig)

^

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#6 - 2015-07-13 21:36:29 UTC
Hwat youre looking for is the Moracha.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Lentulus Sulla
BLISSA CORP
#7 - 2015-07-14 03:40:13 UTC
Zan Shiro wrote:
so you want a covert ops-inty-dictor monster hybrid?

why not throw in some e-war...tack on EAF to that mix too. Why stop at putting 3 classes of ship out of work, go for 4.

Perhaps I overextended and I will acknowledge that possibility with the inclusion of a bubble. But, I think an infiltrator class ship is a good idea. Maybe drop the tackle capability beyond modules, but survivability and speed without any DPS would make it a unique ship imho.

I believe there is a good purpose here.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#8 - 2015-07-14 04:23:49 UTC
I'm perpetually annoyed by the lack of an effective cloaking tackle ship. I feel like it's an obvious role that has been missing from the game for a long time.

Obviously there are serious balance issues, but honestly I'd take the astero not having a lock delay.
Valenthe de Celine
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-07-14 06:03:34 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I'm perpetually annoyed by the lack of an effective cloaking tackle ship. I feel like it's an obvious role that has been missing from the game for a long time.

Obviously there are serious balance issues, but honestly I'd take the astero not having a lock delay.

Is the question one of hull size? I know folks who use Cov-Ops ships to perform initial tackle, though they are often poorly suited to living very long. What about the Arazu? Definitely a tackling ship, not sure if you forgot about the force recons. Beyond that, cloaking has its uses, like being able to drop cloak at the desired range and orientation to desired targets.

Stratios and Asteros aren't OP because they are amazing ships that eclipse their T2 and T3 counterparts, its the merger of some T2 aspects with a decent T1 pirate hull for tankability. The reason cloaky camping dictors are so popular is there is no cloak related delay to a scan probe launcher being used. To add that ability to an interceptor speed frigate with cov-ops cloaking, and we have just one scenario: forum tears.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#10 - 2015-07-14 06:39:32 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

I've used a stealth bomber for this. It performs the role very well. Yes, you do not expect to live long, but you get the initial tackle.

If the Astero did not have a lock delay, it would be the finest ship in existence. I already love that ship.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#11 - 2015-07-14 07:12:58 UTC
Now fit an Extended Probe launcher on said ships and see how much of a fit is left.
That is the real problem is the insane fitting room needed for combat probes/the lack of any T1 or T2 ships with a fitting bonus to combat probes.
If Recons & Cov Ops got a fitting bonus to Combat probes so they could fit them and still have a decent fit, things would be fine even if they don't have any scan bonuses.
Sigras
Conglomo
#12 - 2015-07-14 10:37:44 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Now fit an Extended Probe launcher on said ships and see how much of a fit is left.
That is the real problem is the insane fitting room needed for combat probes/the lack of any T1 or T2 ships with a fitting bonus to combat probes.
If Recons & Cov Ops got a fitting bonus to Combat probes so they could fit them and still have a decent fit, things would be fine even if they don't have any scan bonuses.

[Arazu, Fast Tackle]
Damage Control II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Energized Thermic Membrane II
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II

Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Domination Warp Scrambler
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Domination Warp Disruptor
10MN Microwarpdrive II

Expanded Probe Launcher II, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Targeting Systems Stabilizer II
Medium Targeting Systems Stabilizer II

Hammerhead II x4

It locks 5 seconds after decloaking, has over 30k EHP, fits a combat probe launcher and warp scrambles at 22 km. This is as good as a cloaking ship can reasonably be at tackling.

Any survivable ship that could insta-lock you out of cloak would be terrible game design because it eliminates counter play... You get no warning, and no chance to react, even if you're paying attention and are aligned out, you'll still be caught. This would be bad game design.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#13 - 2015-07-14 11:07:34 UTC
Nice 530 Mil fit you used to make that fit possible because of the CPU for the probe launcher. And still had to leave 2 empty high slots on.

I'm not advocating for a insti locking cloaking survivable tackler. I'm advocating for the cloaky range of ships, especially the 'recons' to get a bonus to fitting probe launchers so they can actually 'recon' like their entire ship class says without gimping their fit or going crazy bling.
A 50% bonus to fitting probe launchers would be appropriate, still makes them fairly expensive on the fit, but not as crazy sacrificing as they are now.
And given T3's all get a 99% bonus, it seems unreasonable for no T1 or T2 to have any bonus at all.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#14 - 2015-07-14 12:02:39 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

A 50% bonus to fitting probe launchers would be appropriate, still makes them fairly expensive on the fit, but not as crazy sacrificing as they are now.

Sure, I could support that. As long as it is a role bonus and does not take away another bonus from the BC and Recon class.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-07-14 12:10:00 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
The arazu cost is 90% hull and long scrams.

Here's a hobo version.

[Arazu copy, Arazu]
Damage Control II
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
True Sansha Warp Scrambler
True Sansha Warp Disruptor
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
Phased Muon Sensor Disruptor I, Targeting Range Dampening Script
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution Script

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Dual 150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Valkyrie II x4

If you pimp the points (who doesn't) it can fit guns, however the real killer are the cynos, not shown because not fitting ;)
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#16 - 2015-07-14 12:50:02 UTC
Guess an interceptor isnt fast enough?
Sleepaz Den
Artificial Memories
#17 - 2015-07-14 14:10:01 UTC
Marcius Decimus wrote:
So, give a counter. Provide a small fast ship with a sole purpose of scanning, warping in and getting limited tackle and a warp in. Give it survivability but absolutely no DPS capability so it can solely be used for warping in and providing warp ins for fleets.

Svipul. Those random 200+dps from fitting just four 125s are a nice bonus.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2015-07-14 14:20:55 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
FireFrenzy wrote:
Guess an interceptor isnt fast enough?

Honestly? Not if people are paying attention.

I did some tests, about 20-25 seconds to land on grid and be able to interact with a target for a <6AU warp in an ascendancy clone.
Minty Aroma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-07-14 15:48:52 UTC
Really, these kind of roles are what T3 cruisers should fit into. A sort of mix and match hybrid class as opposed to an overpowered BS in cruiser form.

CCP needs to sort out T3s, then we can have some degree of balance and counter mixes.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#20 - 2015-07-14 15:53:41 UTC
asking for to much from one ship. so no

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

12Next page