These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Best Killer Fleet Size in 2014 - Solo!!

Author
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#1 - 2015-07-14 02:06:55 UTC
Did someone say solo in EVE was dead?

Scroll down to next-to-last chart in link. Shocked

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-kills-of-2014-overview_14.html

And by a large margin too.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Jenshae Chiroptera
#2 - 2015-07-14 02:19:31 UTC
Hyper dunking.
Newbie duelling.
Miner ganking.
Anti-tackle.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Starbuck05
Abiding Ormolus
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#3 - 2015-07-14 09:09:29 UTC
I would say that nr divided by 3 is the actual nr of actual solo pvp kills... Cause lets face it.. Most of those ",solo kills " are gotten by people who smartbomb pods

Just because i am blond does not make me stoopid !

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#4 - 2015-07-14 09:38:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
Most likely miner-ganking and lowsec smartbombing makes the biggest part of the solo kills. However, when people yell that "solo is dead", they often mean that a single ship, supported by three Logistics and two offgrid T3 boosters is hardly "solo", but will show up as such in any statistic. Only a very small part of the kills involving only one shooter are actually from fights where one single guy in one single combat ship fights another guy in a combat ship. These graphs and tables are as useful as every statistic that guy makes ever: Not at all.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#5 - 2015-07-14 10:50:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
Oh, look who is the #1 elite PvP corp!
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#6 - 2015-07-14 11:20:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
I may have a different view on things but I think it underestimates the true rate of solo pvp.

Anytime a rat has engaged someone (eg. Inside FW complexes) the kills record as not solo, even when a fight really was a solo pvp kill.

So there are a lot of kills occurring in lowsec that have 2 ships as aggressors when it is a 1v1 fight.

So the figures, to a degree, under record the amount of solo pvp occurring.
Renegade Heart
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-07-14 11:39:30 UTC
But EvE is not a solo game! Big smile
Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-07-14 11:39:48 UTC
Starbuck05 wrote:
I would say that nr divided by 3 is the actual nr of actual solo pvp kills... Cause lets face it.. Most of those ",solo kills " are gotten by people who smartbomb pods

This, or the classic... "Solo with 3 guardian neutral alts" in Highsec.

What I find shocking was how many Ishtars/Vexor/Navy Vex died last year... I mean they were invincible last year right, which is why we nerfed all drone mods and sentries?

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#9 - 2015-07-14 14:53:15 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Even the birds don't care.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#10 - 2015-07-14 15:01:39 UTC
From the article:
Quote:
75T damage was in highsec, 111 in lowsec, 155 in nullsec and 43 in WH space.

Just posting this here so that I dear high sec partisans friends can understand that a bunch of little frigates and the occasional frightwer going popin high sec doesn't make high sec "more dangerous", and that null (along with low) are still the destruction engines that make the EVE economy work.

You may now return to what ever bullshit that thread was actually about Cool
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-07-14 15:05:58 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Hyper dunking.
Newbie duelling.
Miner ganking.
Anti-tackle.

Though hyperdunking can not be done solo, it needs a second character to deploy ships.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#12 - 2015-07-14 15:21:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
Market McSelling Alt wrote:
What I find shocking was how many Ishtars/Vexor/Navy Vex died last year... I mean they were invincible last year right, which is why we nerfed all drone mods and sentries?

After a year of everyone and their mother flying Ishtars and Tengus, what did you expect to have died the most? Surely not Drakes or Hurricanes I presume. (Hint: Only ships flown can get shot down.)

Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Though hyperdunking can not be done solo, it needs a second character to deploy ships.

That won't appear on the killmail and thus not on the statistic. Therefore it counts as "solo".
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-07-14 15:30:32 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Market McSelling Alt wrote:

After a year of everyone and their mother flying Ishtars and Tengus, what did you expect to have died the most? Surely not Drakes or Hurricanes I presume. (Hint: Only ships flown can get shot down.)

That won't appear on the killmail and thus not on the statistic. Therefore it counts as "solo".
For you, yes. For every THINKING person who knows it can not be done solo, it doesn't. Lol

It's like saying you went on a roam and killed people solo, with your ogb and logi alts. Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#14 - 2015-07-14 15:35:04 UTC
You don't have to explain it to me. I don't consider it a solo kill, which is why I don't think this statistic is worth jack ****. Solo is still dead.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#15 - 2015-07-14 15:35:45 UTC
Wait a sec. Did someone just cite Gevlon as a source and they were being serious? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Just because his "stats" say it's so, doesn't mean it's actually so. Good luck finding all that solo PvP. The quickest route to it is climbing into a terrible fit frigate and flying into a blob. When one of them oneshots you, congrats, you just died in solo PvP.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#16 - 2015-07-14 15:36:56 UTC
... Though hyperdunking can not be done solo, it needs a second character to deploy ships.
Yes ...
Post being how the solo stats are grossly inflated and useless.
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just posting this here so that I dear high sec partisans friends can understand that a bunch of little frigates and the occasional frightwer going popin high sec doesn't make high sec "more dangerous", and that null ...
Plenty of little frigates roaming around Null Sec and orbiting FW plexes. Blink

Not even once

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#17 - 2015-07-14 15:37:09 UTC
Rip
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#18 - 2015-07-14 15:45:17 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Even the birds don't care.

Sounds like from a bad looser who did not made it under the top ten.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#19 - 2015-07-14 15:46:48 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
.. Sounds like from a bad looser who did not made it under the top ten.
Those goggles filling up with delicious salty tears again? Lol

Not even once

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#20 - 2015-07-14 15:55:22 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
From the article:
Quote:
75T damage was in highsec, 111 in lowsec, 155 in nullsec and 43 in WH space.

Just posting this here so that I dear high sec partisans friends can understand that a bunch of little frigates and the occasional frightwer going popin high sec doesn't make high sec "more dangerous", and that null (along with low) are still the destruction engines that make the EVE economy work.

You may now return to what ever bullshit that thread was actually about Cool

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that total damage is a **** stat to use to prove your point... Since there are ships in null that CAN take so much more damage than anything in highsec Roll

You want to pump your chest out like that big boy? Look at those lowsec numbers... that is where real pvp apparently takes place. Not your little blue donut ring.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

123Next pageLast page