These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More Epic Arcs

Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#1 - 2015-05-25 20:10:23 UTC
Firstly, I'm not expecting this anytime soon, but hopefiully the designated person can file it into its appropriate place to be looked at in 2020, or whenever.

1: Epic arcs for the remaining pirate factions, Blood, Sansha and Serpentis. On equivalent level with the current gurista and angel arcs.

2: A second Sisters of EVE arc, starting in Thera, taking you to the 5 different nullsec areas. Doable in at least a Stratios.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2015-05-26 05:39:34 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

1: Epic arcs for the remaining pirate factions, Sansha .

It is not a full epic arc in itself, but during Amarr Imperial Navy arc: A Right To Rule, you can at some point choose to work for Sansha.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-05-26 06:03:13 UTC
I'd like to see some purely nullsec epic arcs - picked up in null from specific cosmos or station agents. Perhaps keep the range limited to a few regions in order to limit the attrition.

That said, who am I kidding... I'd never do one.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#4 - 2015-05-26 06:49:48 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Firstly, I'm not expecting this anytime soon, but hopefiully the designated person can file it into its appropriate place to be looked at in 2020, or whenever.

1: Epic arcs for the remaining pirate factions, Blood, Sansha and Serpentis. On equivalent level with the current gurista and angel arcs.

2: A second Sisters of EVE arc, starting in Thera, taking you to the 5 different nullsec areas. Doable in at least a Stratios.

Totally supported.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#5 - 2015-05-26 16:05:15 UTC
I am in favor of more lore heavy PvE content, at about the difficulty tiers of missions, with a bunch more l2/l3 scale content in high and low, and a good sized lump of l4 scale content in NPC null.

Especially ones that are repeatable so that someone could theoretically create the pirate version of DMC's Plan.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Nano Sito
#6 - 2015-05-26 16:43:33 UTC
That's the kind of PVE this game needs. High-Sec missions that take you to null sec or even WH space, with a reward that's commensurable with the risk.
+1
Lycus Emyr
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-07-12 08:40:16 UTC
Eve desperately needs more interesting pve content
Oberine Noriepa
#8 - 2015-07-12 12:31:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
More lore expansive content is always welcome for me. One poster made a thread for a nicely thought out Jove-based epic arc awhile back. Given recent events, it would be great to see.

The second option is very appealing to me.

Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#9 - 2015-07-12 13:19:48 UTC
I'm expecting a lot of PVE upgrades in the not too far distant future as the new AI developed for the Burners/Seekers/Drifters makes its way through the system and hope that will be followed by a rewrite of the mission system but even the AI upgrade should add interest to gameplay that has become boringly repetitive.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-07-12 14:48:01 UTC
What I would love to see is dynamic randomised missions ..

Whether CCP's dev-tools are capable of supporting that is another matter.
Leto Aramaus
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#11 - 2015-07-12 16:20:38 UTC
"Epic"

Would support if CCP could ever find a way to make EVE pve interesting, let alone anywhere close to "epic".
Oberine Noriepa
#12 - 2015-07-12 17:11:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
Kitty Bear wrote:

Given their recent efforts to modernize the game, I think it could happen. Removing agents from stations would be a great way to start moving towards this.

Lycus Emyr
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-07-12 18:49:13 UTC
I would like to see a larger variety of mission as well
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-07-13 09:34:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
Kitty Bear wrote:

Given their recent efforts to modernize the game, I think it could happen. Removing agents from stations would be a great way to start moving towards this.

Agents would still be really useful ...

Instead of just offering 1 mission from a fixed list

they could offer a choice ..

retrieve specific item
identify specific npc
kill specific npc
kill 'all the things'
transport item from a to b

etc ...

Anarchy Online had a really good mission system, as did Daggerfall
I don't see why CCP should have to re-invent the wheel ...
Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#15 - 2015-07-13 18:15:00 UTC
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
I'd like to see some purely nullsec epic arcs - picked up in null from specific cosmos or station agents. Perhaps keep the range limited to a few regions in order to limit the attrition.

That said, who am I kidding... I'd never do one.

you mean like smash and grab and the other one (angles and guristas have epic arcs.) where you pick up missions at npc station in null and run them in null.
Oberine Noriepa
#16 - 2015-07-16 09:42:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
Kitty Bear wrote:
Oberine Noriepa wrote:
Kitty Bear wrote:

Agents would still be really useful ...

Instead of just offering 1 mission from a fixed list

they could offer a choice ..

retrieve specific item
identify specific npc
kill specific npc
kill 'all the things'
transport item from a to b

etc ...

Anarchy Online had a really good mission system, as did Daggerfall
I don't see why CCP should have to re-invent the wheel ...

No, you see, I'm agreeing with you. My point with removing them from stations could allow exactly what you want. Instead of having the standard dialog and fetch quest formula, agents could dynamically issue mission events while the player is in space. Sure, your idea could be pulled off with the current methods, but it's just so archaic at the moment.